Can we talk Cheese logs?

hahabogus

Dec 17, 2002, 11:39:33 PM12/17/02

Any good party/entertaing Cheese log recipes out there?

--

Defender of the Beet.

MaryMc

Dec 18, 2002, 12:02:37 AM12/18/02
In article <Xns92E7E67D150n...@205.200.16.73>,
hahabogus <n...@applicable.com> wrote:

> Any good party/entertaing Cheese log recipes out there?

I found this one on <http://allrecipes.com> a few years ago. It's
consistently been a hit every time I've made it since.

Herman Reunion Cheese Ball
Submitted by: Ann

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

1. In an electric food processor or blender, combine cream cheese,
garlic, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Blend well. Add
Cheddar cheese and process until the Cheddar is fine, but still very
visible. Shape the mixture into balls or logs. Wrap individually in
plastic wrap and place in the freezer.

2. While the balls are in the freezer, combine the ground pecans and
parsley in a shallow bowl. Remove the balls from the freezer and roll
them in the pecan and parsley mixture.

--
MaryMc
mary...@NOSPAM.mindspring.com

Visit my Cooking Stuff page...
<http://www.casagordita.com/cooking.htm>

)
(
"Espresso est, ergo cogito." C[_]

Sally Wallace

Dec 18, 2002, 12:16:52 AM12/18/02
hahabogus <n...@applicable.com> wrote in

> Any good party/entertaing Cheese log recipes out there?

Here's one that is always a hit with folks around here. I don't know the
origin of it, other than a friend's daughter started making it while she
was in hotel/restaurant management school.

Lou's Cheese Ball

4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
2 cups butter, softened
4 tablespoons whipping cream
2 teaspoons paprika
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons dry onion soup mix
1 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons diced pimiento
4 tablespoons minced bell pepper
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
8 ounces pecans, chopped

Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add cream, paprika,
Worcestershire sauce, soup mix, celery salt, garlic powder, pimiento,
bell pepper, and Tabasco sauce.

Mix well. Chill in refrigerator. Shape into balls and roll in chopped
pecans.

Makes 2 large cheese balls.

SallyW

hahabogus

Dec 18, 2002, 5:33:13 PM12/18/02
spam...@see.sigfile (Shadow) wrote in

> Only I know what was lurking in the heart of hahabogus
> <n...@applicable.com>:

>>Any good party/entertaing Cheese log recipes out there?
>

> Got this off the back of a cracker box back in the '70's, Brother
> won't let me in the house without it on holidays:

Well this is what I settled on and it is good:

I started with this Recipe

Herman Reunion Cheese Ball
Submitted by: Ann

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

1. In an electric food processor or blender, combine cream cheese,
garlic, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Blend well. Add
Cheddar cheese and process until the Cheddar is fine, but still very
visible. Shape the mixture into balls or logs. Wrap individually in
plastic wrap and place in the freezer.

2. While the balls are in the freezer, combine the ground pecans and
parsley in a shallow bowl. Remove the balls from the freezer and roll
them in the pecan and parsley mixture.

I modified it by:
reducing it to 2- 8 oz pkgs of cream cheese
using 1 lb of shreded very sharp old white cheddar.
2 cloves of garlic minced (fat cloves).
a good tbsp or so of hot sauce and the same of worchestershire sauce.
2 diced roasted pimentoes (1 small jar)
replaced the pecans with pine nuts.
didn't use the parsley.

I minced the garlic and diced the peppers added the hot sauce and
worchestrt to my food processor and pulsed a bit. Added the cream cheese
pulsed even more it blend well. I then added the cheddar in 3 additions
pulsing well between. Put it in the fridge and rolled in the pine nuts.

very good with crackers.

PENMART01

Dec 18, 2002, 6:29:13 PM12/18/02
I really, really must need new glasses...
coulda sworn that said 'talking Chinese dogs'.

Could ya please not Capitalize indiscriminately.

Sheldon . . . Rocket Scientist
````````````

nickm...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2017, 9:38:45 AM9/27/17
yompy

jmcquown

Sep 27, 2017, 12:59:41 PM9/27/17
Just before I killfile this gmail idiot... I have to say Alan Boles
(hahabogus) died in 2011. It must have been a lot of fun for this
google group troll to to look up an old post and comment on something he
posted in 2002.

I despise google groupers.

Jill

Thomas

Sep 27, 2017, 1:33:29 PM9/27/17
On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 12:59:41 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
> It must have been a lot of fun for this
> google group troll to to look up an old post and comment on something he
> posted in 2002.
>
> I despise google groupers.
>
> Jill

I'm a GG. I read this post an hour ago and now I plan on making this later today. I'm glad it surfaced.

Casa de Masa

Sep 27, 2017, 2:33:23 PM9/27/17
On 9/27/2017 1:33 PM, Thomas wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 12:59:41 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
>> I despise google groupers.
>>

> I'm a GG.

That makes you an idiot.
HTH/HAND

Casa de Masa

Sep 27, 2017, 2:54:27 PM9/27/17
forged

Ophelia

Sep 27, 2017, 3:29:14 PM9/27/17
"Casa de Masa" wrote in message news:oqgqtd$1687$1...@gioia.aioe.org...
==

Surely it depends on the poster, not the 'grouper'?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Casa de Masa

Sep 27, 2017, 3:33:47 PM9/27/17
On 9/27/2017 1:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Casa de Masa"  wrote in message news:oqgqtd$1687$1...@gioia.aioe.org...
>
> On 9/27/2017 1:33 PM, Thomas wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 12:59:41 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown
>> wrote:
>>> I despise google groupers.
>>>

>> I'm a GG.
>
> That makes you an idiot.
> HTH/HAND
>
> ==
>
> Surely it depends on the poster, not the 'grouper'?

forged post - not mine.

Casa de Masa

Sep 27, 2017, 4:09:47 PM9/27/17
On 9/27/2017 3:14 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Casa de Masa"  wrote in message news:oqgqtd$1687$1...@gioia.aioe.org...
>
> On 9/27/2017 1:33 PM, Thomas wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 12:59:41 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown
>> wrote:
>>> I despise google groupers.
>>>

>> I'm a GG.
>
> That makes you an idiot.
> HTH/HAND
>
> ==
>
> Surely it depends on the poster, not the 'grouper'?

That makes you a silly cunt.

Casa de Masa

Sep 27, 2017, 4:14:44 PM9/27/17
another forged post, sigh.

Thomas

Sep 27, 2017, 4:50:32 PM9/27/17
Anyway, i made it sans cream and nuts. Now it is just a chip dip. Not bad at all. Did 1 quarter.
Signed, GG.

jmcquown

Sep 27, 2017, 7:06:53 PM9/27/17
On 9/27/2017 1:33 PM, Thomas wrote:
You're planning to make what?

One of the problems with people using GG is they don't know how to
quote. I have no idea what the hell you're going to make. The subject
does say "Cheese logs" but there are so many recipes.

How about GG users learn to quote text so the rest of us will know what
you're replying to? Otherwise it's a bunch of gibberish.

BTW, the person who replied to the original post from 2002 simply
replied "yompy". Oh boy, that's intelligent. Also unintelligible.
Might have been typed by a chimp. I'm starting to suspect you're one of
them.

Jill

Thomas

Sep 28, 2017, 8:22:57 AM9/28/17
On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 7:06:53 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:

> One of the problems with people using GG is they don't know how to
> quote. I have no idea what the hell you're going to make. The subject
> does say "Cheese logs" but there are so many recipes.

Killfile me bitch.