Roasting Pan Ideas

Jessica E Miller

Sep 17, 2001, 5:59:51 PM9/17/01
Hello-
My parents thought it would be a wonderful idea to give their
college student daughter (that would be me!) a whole mess of cool pots and
pans and a wok and all sorts of cooking stuff for her birthday. Well,
it's been 6 months, and I've used everything but the roasting pan and
rack. (I think that's what it is-it's huge!)

Does anyone have any ideas for what I can make-we're pretty open
minded in this 'sick of mac and cheese' household, but are on a budget.

Thanks!
Jessica

PENMART01

Sep 17, 2001, 6:15:24 PM9/17/01
In article <Pine.OSF.3.96.101091...@alpha3.csd.uwm.edu>,

Jessica E Miller <j...@csd.uwm.edu> writes:

>Well,
>it's been 6 months, and I've used everything but the roasting pan and
>rack. (I think that's what it is-it's huge!)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas for what I can make-we're pretty open
>minded in this 'sick of mac and cheese' household, but are on a budget.

Roast a chicken.
Sheldon
````````````

John Jensen

Sep 17, 2001, 6:20:51 PM9/17/01
Jessica E Miller <j...@csd.uwm.edu> writes:
: Hello-

Roast Chicken? Whole chickens are often on sale ...

http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/poultry/roastchk.htm

John
--
33° 47' 36N 117° 54' 51W

John Jensen

Sep 17, 2001, 6:24:00 PM9/17/01
Jessica E Miller <j...@csd.uwm.edu> writes:
: Hello-

Roast Chicken? Whole chickens are often on sale ...

http://www.allrecipes.com/cb/kh/chicken/roastchicken/default.asp

[I put a cancel on one message, I liked this link better.]

st...@temple.edu

Sep 17, 2001, 6:26:49 PM9/17/01
Jessica E Miller <j...@csd.uwm.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas for what I can make-we're pretty open
> minded in this 'sick of mac and cheese' household, but are on a budget.

Well, how aoubt roast beef, a whole turkey, or one or two whole
chickens? You could wrap the left overs and freeze them for use
in sandwhiches, quick meals, etc.

Cyndi

Sep 17, 2001, 7:12:16 PM9/17/01
How about Oven-Barbecued Beef? We make this often:

Beef BBQ

2 1/2 # Chuck
1 large Onion
1 c Ketchup
1 c Water
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
2 TBSP Vinegar
4 TBSP Lemon Juice
3 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce

Brown beef in small amount of oil. Add onion. Combine remaining ingredients
and pour over meat. Cook @ 350 F. for 2-3 hours. Cool. Shred meat with a
fork and return to the oven to simmer in it's sauce for 15-20 minutes.

"Jessica E Miller" <j...@csd.uwm.edu> wrote in message

Grandma

Sep 18, 2001, 7:40:49 AM9/18/01

"John Jensen" <jj...@primenet.com> wrote in message

I like to fill the freezer with turkeys as it gets towards Thanksgiving and
they go down to 49 cents a pound or so. If there are not too many of you,
you can have the meat department slice a large frozen turkey down the
middle, each half of which will be plenty to serve 5 or 6 with some
leftovers for turkey salad sandwiches.

You can also use half of the roaster to make lasagna for a crowd or some
other large casserole dish. And it is a great storage place for Christmas
cookies or anything else that you would like to hide somewhere no one would
think to look :)

Other than that, though, mine is nothing more than an object to take up
space in the kitchen. Since the kitchen is small, I bury it most of the
year in the bottom of a closet.

Grandma

Sandy Dykes

Sep 18, 2001, 3:25:10 PM9/18/01
Jessica E Miller wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas for what I can make-we're pretty open
> minded in this 'sick of mac and cheese' household, but are on a budget.
>
> Thanks!
> Jessica

Lasagna! If you make your own sauce, and buy meat and veggies on sale, the
ingredients can be inexpensive, and will feed all of your friends for days!
Not to mention, impress them in your culinary skills. Also, lasagna freezes
really well, so if you have leftovers, you can cut them into individual
portions and freeze them in containers to be nuked some other time.

Sandy