DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS RECIPE?

MrgnKelly

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
I've been searching for a recipe for Cream of Brie soup; I had this wonderful
treat in a restaurant in Little Rock. Does anyone know where I could find such
a recipe, or maybe a cream soup base I can experiment with?

Neil Bosdet

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
I copied this one 8 days ago, hee hee.

Brie Cheese Soup

6 cups homemade chicken stock
2 ounces sweet butter
2 ounces flour
12 ounces brie cheese
3 ounces dry white wine
2 ounces carrots, julienned
2 ounces celery, julienned
2 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 ounces heavy cream (double cream)
salt and pepper
Chives or flat leaf parsley to garnish

Allow brie to come to room temperature with rind removed.
Melt butter in sauce pan over low heat. Add flour and mix well, cooking
until it just starts to turn golden. Add stock and whip vigorously, bring to
boil and reduce to simmer. Skim off the butter and flour (and other
impurities that rise to the top) and continue to simmer until the veloute is
reduced to 2/3 its original quantity and the sauce is the consistency of
heavy cream. Strain through a fine sieve. Return veloute to saucepan over
low heat and add brie cheese, cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until the
cheese has melted. Add wine and vegetables and simmer lightly until the
vegetables are al denti.
Heat heavy cream over low heat and add to soup. Season soup with salt and
pepper. Garnish with fresh chives or parsley.
The flavor of this soup can vary depending on the degree of ripeness of the
brie cheese. Brie can be ripened by sitting out at room temperature for 3 -
9 hours, depending on personal preference.
Serves 6

Regards,

Neil

PENMART10

Jan 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/13/00
In article <20000113093741...@ng-fn1.aol.com>, mrgn...@aol.com
(MrgnKelly) writes:

>'ve been searching for a recipe for Cream of Brie soup; I had this wonderful
>treat in a restaurant in Little Rock.

Freshly made Arkansas cream soup is still available in the Oval Office.

Sheldon
````````````
On a recent Night Court rerun, Judge Harry Stone had a wonderful line:
"I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out."

Jim Pirko

Jan 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/18/00
I tried this recipe when it was first posted and it was quite good. I
made the following changes: omit wine and mushrooms, grate carrots and
celery into the pot.

Next time I will:

1. Make sure that every scrap of rind is removed
2. Use low salt stock. With regular canned stock it was a bit salty.
3. Add a pinch of dried morels. The soup had an interesting mushroom
flavor.