I need a good meatball recipe...

Sandy n ne

Feb 9, 2001, 10:35:54 AM2/9/01
I am in the mood for meatballs. Anyone got a recipe they'd like to share?

Sandra

limeyno1

Feb 9, 2001, 10:58:21 AM2/9/01
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Helen's Salisbury Steak or meatballs
Categories: Ground meat, Main dish, Peagram
Yield: 4 Servings

MMMMM----------------------MM BY H PEAGRAM---------------------------

MMMMM--------------------------MEAT MIX-------------------------------
1 lb Lean ground beef
4 Green onions, chopped fine
1 pk Dry beef stock mix
2 tb Flour
1 tb Butter
1 tb Oil

MMMMM---------------------------SAUCE--------------------------------
2 pk Dry beef stock mix(bovril)
2 tb Flour
Water

Mix all ingredients for meat mix, except oil and butter. form
desired size meat balls or patties. brown in oil and butter mix.
Remove when done and add a small amount of water (1/2 cup?) add
bovril and flour and whisk up. Serve over meat with mashed potatoes.
hp

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

Title: Helen's Swedish Meatloaf or Meatballs
Categories: Ground-meat, Peagram, Main dish
Yield: 2 Servings

1/3 c Oatmeal
1/3 c Milk
1 1/3 Eggs
1 lb Ground beef
1/4 c Onion, minced finely
1 1/3 tb Margarine
3/16 ts Garlic powder
1/3 ts Nutmeg, grated
1/3 ts Sage
1 ts Salt
2/3 ts Mustard powder

Mix oats and milk; add eggs and beat. Pour over meat and mix well.
Saute onion in marg til tender. Add to meat. Mix dry ingredients
together and mix into meat mix. As a loaf, bake at 350F 1-1/4 to
1-1/2 hours. As meat balls, form into balls, brown and remove to a
plate. Make sauce with leftover pan drippings and mushroom soup.
Serve with mashed potatoes.

MMMMM

--
The Limey in the Beautiful Suburbs of Stoney Creek

lime...@look.ca
"Sandy n ne" <sand...@aol.com> wrote in message

Peter G. Aitken

Feb 9, 2001, 11:34:24 AM2/9/01

"Sandy n ne" <sand...@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am in the mood for meatballs. Anyone got a recipe they'd like to share?
>
> Sandra

Check my recipe page at www.pgacon.com/cooking.htm for a terrific meatball
recipe.

Peter G. Aitken

Aquari

Feb 9, 2001, 12:06:14 PM2/9/01

Meatballs

Half ground beef, half ground pork
1 - 2 eggs (Use 1 for each pound of meat)
Celery, sliced
1/3 C Italian flavored bread crumbs for each pound of meat
Onion, chopped
Italian seasoning
Garlic, fresh and finely chopped to taste
1/4 C parmesan cheese grated for each pound of meat
Enough V-8, tomato juice or tomato sauce to bind everything together
Olive oil

Mix everything except olive oil together and form into balls the size of ping
pong or golf balls. Brown on all sides in a bit of olive oil in a skillet.
Cover skillet and cook on low til cooked through. You can then add sauce of
your choice or eat them as it. They are good hot or even cold.

Libby

zxcvbob

Feb 9, 2001, 12:43:35 PM2/9/01
Do you have a meatloaf recipe that you like? Roll the meat mix into
golf ball sized balls and brown them in a skillet or in a hot oven. I
usually brown them on a jelly roll pan at about 400F degrees, turning
once or twice. They don't have to be cooked all the way through, they
can finish cooking in whatever sauce you are using.

Best regards,
Bob

--
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."
--Dan Quayle

Snowfeet1

Feb 9, 2001, 1:15:25 PM2/9/01
This is the best meatball recipe I have ever had (it's my exhusband's
creation).

1# lean ground beef or ground round
1/2 cup crushed soda crackers
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (buy the good stuff, not Kraft)
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tsp parsley flakes
3/4 tsp Lawry's garlic powder (not salt)

Mix together and form into medium sized balls. Chill on cookie sheet. Drop in
spaghetti sauce (do not brown first) and simmer for 30 mimutes or until done.

Joseph Kaplan

Feb 9, 2001, 3:36:06 PM2/9/01
sounds like a standard recipe with the exception of the Soda Crackers, good
idea, maybe Cracker Meal too instead of bread or bread crumbs. Now the $64
question! What shall we do with yesterdays bread, maybe feed the ducks!
Next time I'll try the crackers for sure. Thanks for the tip. Joe

Snowfeet1 <snow...@aol.com> wrote in message

Greykits

Feb 10, 2001, 2:06:16 AM2/10/01
I'm quite new here, and this is my first recipe to give. I tried to cut &
paste a last posting, but failed - the computer got the best of me!

These meatballs are quite good, and an Italian friend known for her meatballs
gave it her benediction. She thinks these are authentic, and I will never
know......

Frank Sinatra Meatballs

3/4 # ground beef
1/4 # ground pork
2 eggs
1/2 c grated Italian cheese
1/2 c water
1 c fine bread crumbs
3/4 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 clove garlic, minced

In large bowl, mix egg & water. Add bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and garlic &
let stand for at least 5 mins. Combine ground beef, ground pork & Italian
cheese & add to the bread crumb mixture. Mix thoroughly. Shape the mixture
into balls and fry on all sides in olive oil over medium heat. Serves 4.

I prefer a tender meatball, as my friend makes so well. These are good, I
haven't made a bad batch yet. She sometimes adds raisins to them, a little
odd. They are very good in a red sauce served in those little hard Italian
rolls.

Cowdrey

Feb 10, 2001, 3:48:48 AM2/10/01

Meatball tip:

If you would like your MBs to all be of equal size, press the mixture evenly
into a square or rectangular pan. Make equidistant cuts along one side.
Rotate pan through 90º and again make equidistant cuts along one side. You
should end up with squares of the mixture. Lift them out of the pan, roll
into balls and continue with preparation. I always bake them on a rack. As
long as the mixture isn't too sloppy, you'll have evenly-browned,
equally-sized MBs. Cool, bag and freeze. Revive in sweet and sour sauce
with pineapple chunks and green pepper, your favourite tomato sauce and
spaghetti, with stew veg in gravy or at the end of toothpicks with a hoisin
based sauce for dipping.

Tip culled from Canadian Living Magazine eons ago,

Robin