Herbed Inside Pork Loin

Edwin Pawlowski

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
This is what I made for dinner tonight. I bought a new gas grill, a Vermont
Castings VC200 and finally got to try the infrared burner on the rotisserie.
The day the new grill was delivered, it started raining and did not stop of
almost two weeks.

I also posted this on my web page
Ed
e...@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

--

Herbed Inside Pork Loin

I wanted to make a boneless pork loin on the rotisserie and could not decide
how to do it, so I made a combination of two favorite way and it worked
well. The inside herbs are usually coated on the outside. Today, I moved
them inside to make room for a baste. While this worked well on the
rotisserie, it should be as good in the oven or on the grill.

Ingredients:
Boneless Pork Loin
Garlic
Rosemary
Basil
Salt
Pepper
Worcestershire Sauce
Honey Dijon Mustard
Juice of half a lime

Butterfly the loin the entire length. Inside rub the herbs, salt and
pepper. Sprinkle with Worcestershire Sauce. Wrap the two halves around the
spit and tie well with string. Cook at a medium heat, about 350 degrees.
When the pork is nearing "done", paint the outside with a mix of the Honey
Dijon mustard and lime juice. Repeat about 15 minutes before it is done.
Cook to an internal temperature of 160 degrees. Let stand ten minutes
before slicing.

Alan Boles

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
e...@snet.net (Edwin Pawlowski) wrote in
<HN5P4.287$aW.1...@typhoon.snet.net>:

>This is what I made for dinner tonight. I bought a new gas grill, a Vermont
>Castings VC200 and finally got to try the infrared burner on the rotisserie.
>The day the new grill was delivered, it started raining and did not stop of
>almost two weeks.

If I can Q at -40F you can Q in the rain...There are umbrellas and windows to
watch outa...and other means rain coats awnings etc... Where's your
commitment?

--
Carrots are devine.
You get a dozen

Edwin Pawlowski

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00

Alan Boles <haha...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message

> If I can Q at -40F you can Q in the rain...There are umbrellas and windows
> watch outa...and other means rain coats awnings etc... Where's your
> commitment?

The first two times I used it, rain was falling. The rotisseries is
electric so I figured I'd hold off on that part.

At -40, I'm cooking on the wood stove.