Fig tapenade

notbob

Nov 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/25/00
I stumbled across a great tapenade at Andronico's, a local gourmet
market chain, here in the SF bay area. Much to my delight, they gladly
provided the recipe, too. It goes great on a turkey paninni.

Fig Tapenade

4 oz fig pulp
12 oz Kalamata olives
1 t minced garlic
juice and zest from 1 small orange
olive oil

Reduce to paste first four ingredients using blender, food processor,
Sledge O Matic, whatever. Add just enough olive oil to make spreadable.

Judging by the color, I'd say the figs are the purple/black Mission
(Black Mission) variety. This is a great alternative for those who may
prefer a little more sweetness than the classic tapenade. For you
locals, they will sell it pre-made to-go @ $9.99 lb, but ya' gotta ask,
as it's not pre-packaged for separate sale.

enjoy =D
nb

Jamie Utter

Nov 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/25/00

notbob wrote:

Thanks. Did I mention that Brian and I recently planted a Black Jack
fig tree in our backyard? This recipe might come in handy for me.

Jamie