Susan Hattie's Goat Cheese Torta

1 view

Charlotte L. Blackmer

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
Just in time for Superbowl parties (in the US) or festive gatherings
elsewhere...

Susan Hattie's Goat Cheese Torta
A specialty of the late Susan Hattie Steinsapir
For Susan's other recipes, see her page at http://www.andreas.com/susan.html

6 oz goat cheese
4 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 or more cloves garlic (to taste)
about 1/2 cup pesto
about 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes (oil-marinated kind).

Note from clb: I generally make a larger one with 10-11 oz goat cheese
and 8 oz cream cheese since I can reliably buy those sizes cheese :-)

1. Mix cheeses together in bowl. Smoosh or mince garlic and add it.
2. Drain and chop tomatoes fine (add a little of the marinade to make
'em stick together).

(Another note from CLB: I usually blot them with a paper towel to remove
most of the oil.)

To assemble:

Line a medium bowl with plastic wrap or cheesecloth.
Put waxed paper or plastic wrap on a counter or cutting board and form a
circle of cheese on it with a spatula. Invert layer into bowl.
Put a layer of tomato or pesto on the cheese.
Make another cheese layer and invert into bowl.
Put a layer of pesto or tomato on that layer and cover it with another
round of cheese.

Chill for two hours or so and serve with crackers and/or baguette
slices. Fresh herbs are nice as a garnish. Even better the next day if
not inhaled the first :-)

CLB
Charlotte L. Blackmer http://www.rahul.net/clb
Berkeley Farm and Pleasure Palace (under construction)
Junk (esp. commercial) email review rates: $250 US ea

Maryf

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99

And in time for the 3rd anniversary of of her death which is Friday,
1/29.

She is still missed.
--
Mary f. <No Kitty! it's MY POT PIE!>
_ _
|,4) -,_. , ( `'-'
'-~~' (_/~~' `-'\_)
It's a widdle,widdle, widdle pud (She's not big on sharing, is she?)
http://home.earthlink.net/~maryf

Valerie

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
In article <36AE62...@earthlink.net>, Maryf <ma...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>And in time for the 3rd anniversary of of her death which is Friday,
>1/29.
>
>She is still missed.

Yes, she is.

Val