swiss cheese

Ted LeBlond

Mar 12, 2001, 12:24:05 AM3/12/01
does anyone have any good/fun ideas for swiss cheese? (aside from ham &
cheese sandwiches) :)

MareCat

Mar 12, 2001, 1:23:16 PM3/12/01
Here's my favorite stuffed mushroom recipe:

Mix together 1 cup grated swiss cheese, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 tablespoons
softened butter/margarine, and 1 tablespoon sherry. Add 1/2 cup bread
crumbs. Salt to taste. (I also sometimes add a can of crabmeat to the
filling.) Stuff mushroom caps (1 lb.) and put in baking dish. Pour a little
sherry in the bottom. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.

Note: This is also a good filling for stuffed chicken breasts.

Mary

"Ted LeBlond" <yank...@starpower.net> wrote in message

Heather

Mar 12, 2001, 4:11:03 PM3/12/01
Try filling all the holes with cement.
Play ring toss with the slices.
See whose slice has the biggest holes.
Determine the calories in the holes.
Eat around the holes, leaving the holes intact. That should keep you busy!

B.R. Summers

Mar 12, 2001, 2:16:17 PM3/12/01
Here is good swiss cheese open sandwich. Peanut butter on slice of your
favorite bread, top with swiss chesse and broil in oven. Good and
nutritous.

Barbara Mayo-Wells

Mar 13, 2001, 7:06:29 PM3/13/01
Fondue. (I know it's kinda 70s, but still delicious... rub the pot with
garlic, use a good white wine, shred the cheese coarsely to help it melt
more quickly, maybe sprinkle in some mace or nutmeg. Serve with crispy
French bread.)