Guamanian Style Lumpia & Sweet Garlicky Dipping Sauce

Hag & Stenni

Mar 14, 2002, 10:53:41 PM3/14/02

* Exported from MasterCook *

Guamanian Style Lumpia & Sweet Garlicky Dipping
Sauce

Recipe By :Hag
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Appetizers

---Lumpia---
1 pound ground pork -- lean
1 cup carrots -- finely shredded
1 cup cabbage -- finely shredded
1 cup onion -- minced fine
1/4 cup oyster sauce -- to taste
1/2 teaspoon msg
1 pkg spring roll wrappers Not egg roll
wrappers
---Dipping Sauce---
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce -- (japanese)
1 tablespoon ketchup -- or chili sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 dash cayenne
1 dash msg
3 cloves garlic -- finely minced (3 to
6)

Dipping sauce - Combine all ingredients for Dipping sauce.
Bring to a boil stirring constantly until thickened. Jar and
place in fridge.

Lumpia - Mix meat, veggies, oyster sauce & msg. chill. Roll
1 Tbsp of meat into each spring roll. These are very small
as the meat is raw. If they are made too large the wrappers
will burn before the filling is cooked. Seal ends with a
thin paste of flour and water. Let set for about 15 min to
seal & bind the ends. Deep fry at 350-375F until deep golden
brown & filling is done. Serve with Sweet garlicky dipping
sauce.

Yield:..
"24 " give or take

Hag k

The answer to the "men only want to protect women" spiel is in a great quote by Dr. Mary Edwards Walker Civil War Medal of Honor recipient - "You men are not our protectors... If you were, who would there be to protect us from?"

can the spam to reply...

Ladyvmh2000

Mar 14, 2002, 10:41:02 PM3/14/02
> Guamanian Style Lumpia & Sweet Garlicky Dipping
>Sauce

<snip>

Thanks for posting these. They really sound good. I agree with Nancy about the
name though. LOL
Vickie