Chocolate Pate

je...@jessy.com

May 17, 2003, 6:47:59 PM5/17/03
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: Re: Cream of Mushroom Soup
From: hahabogus <n...@applicable.com.invalid>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 22:05:36 GMT

<je...@jessy.com> wrote in

--

>The man who put the FU in fun.

I'm very interested in the chocolate pate recipie. Please pass it along!

Thanks,
CJ

hahabogus

May 18, 2003, 3:32:49 AM5/18/03
<je...@jessy.com> wrote in

> I'm very interested in the chocolate pate recipie. Please pass it along!

This is in the RFC cookbook too. It is very nice if spread on crackers ,
shortbreads . It gets too soft if left out of the fridge too long..

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Kathy's Chocolate Pate

none

1 cup unsalted butter 250 ml
1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 ml
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp. brandy 30 ml or rum
2 tsp. vanilla 10 ml
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate 250 g melted; and cooled
1 cup whipping cream 250 ml

In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in
egg yolks, rum and vanilla. Blend in chocolate.

Whip cream lightly and stir into chocolate mixture. Turn into 3-cup (750
ml) mould or small pots. Chill until firm, at least 8 hours. (If you make
it the night before you can eat it for lunch and still have enough time to
make another batch
for dessert).

Makes about 8 servings.

(actually it makes about two servings - if you have the right people).

Use a light flexible metal mould or small pots or crocks. The recipe cam be
doubled for a large mould (or two small ones).

From Kathy

Tried this and it is good...with congac.