REC: Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake

Damsel in dis Dress

Oct 23, 2002, 2:52:04 AM10/23/02
I've conferred with everyone involved, and this will definitely be on the
table this Thanksgiving. I've been wanting to try it for at least the last
two years, and something has always happened to prevent it. Not this year!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake

Recipe By :Anne Mitchell
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : cheesecakes fall/winter
Thanksgiving

---Filling---
6 ounces zwieback crackers -- crushed
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter -- melted
24 ounces cream cheese -- softened
5 eggs
16 ounces pumpkin
1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup heavy cream
---Topping---
6 tablespoons butter -- softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup walnuts -- coarsely chopped

Blend zwieback crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and the 6 tablespoons melted butter.
Press firmly over bottom and up sides of a lightly buttered 9-inch
spring-form pan. Chill.

Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the 3/4 cup sugar and the 3/4 cup
brown sugar, beating until well mixed. Beat in the eggs one at a time,
until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the pumpkin pie spice and the
heavy cream at low speed. Mix in the pumpkin. Pour into prepared pan. Bake
in a slow oven (325) for one hour and 35 minutes.

While pie is baking, mix the topping ingredients, first the butter and
brown sugar until crumbly, then blending in the nuts. After the one hour
and 35 minutes, remove the pie from the oven. Spread the topping over it,
and return it to the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a
wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.

Source:
"rec.food.cooking"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serving Ideas : Some like this garnished with whipped cream and pecans.

NOTES : This recipe is another family tradition; this pumpkin cheesecake
always graces our Thanksgiving table. This cheesecake is rather large, and
incredibly rich. Everyone always wants more than they can fit in their
stomach! And the recipe!

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: