Beer bread

1 view

Adrian Doss

Apr 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/20/00
Does anyone have a decent recipe for making bread with beer?

Thanks

Skatty05

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
Here are the ingredients for beer bread. Let me know if you don't know how to
make it in the breadmaker. The main thing is to add flour until it looks like
dough - not to just put in three cups. I use regular flour, too, and bake it
in French Loaf pans.
Let me know if you like it.

Beer Bread

1/3 cup water
1 cup beer (should be flat and at room temperature)
2 TBS oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 TBS sugar
3 cups bread flour
2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast

Cyndi H

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
My recipe for beer bread with variations:

Beer Bread (basic recipe)

3 cups All-purpose Flour
1 TBSP. Baking Powder
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 cup Sugar
12 oz Beer - room temp (doesn't have to be flat)

Bake at 350 F. about an hour.

Variations:

Italian style - add garlic powder, basil, thyme & oregano

Citrus - Use a citrus-flavored beer (Lemon Hooch ! yumm) and add some lemon
zest.

Non-Beer - substitute 7-Up cola for the beer and reduce or eliminate the
added sugar.

Have fun with it. This has to be one of the most flexible bread recipes -
in the world!!!