Marinade

bud

Jun 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/13/98

Does anyone have a marinade recipe for London Broil?

Young

Jun 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/13/98

bud wrote:

> Does anyone have a marinade recipe for London Broil?

This is a lot better than it sounds. A favorite around here.

Marinated Steak

1 flank steak, scored and rubbed w salt and pepper on both sides

3/4 cup pineapple juice (one of those little cans that come in 6 packs)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tb brown sugar
1 1/4 ts ground ginger (fresh only)
1 clove minced garlic
black pepper

Marinated flank steak overnight. You can marinated for as little
as 4 hours, but overnight is much better, in my opinion. Turn it
a few times.

Taxempress

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

Bud requested a marinade for London Broil.

This is great on flank steak!

1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup bourbon (or scotch or something like Canadian Club)
2 small onions, thinly sliced
2 small cloves garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons chopped gingerroot
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tsp. dry mustard
dash of balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar

Combine and blend well. Marinate meat for 6 to 24 hours. (I think the booze is
what really tenderizes the meat --and I agree with previous post that 24 hours
is better.)

Start with gazpacho, cook some corn on the cob or oven roasted potatoes, toss
your favorite salad and this is summer dinner at its best. Of course,
something chocolate is required for dessert!

Robbyn

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

>This is a lot better than it sounds. A favorite around here.

What do you mean - better than it sounds? It sounds fantastic!

Robbyn

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.

E-mail address intentionally messed with.
Remove the "bit-bucket" to send a letter.

Bob Y.

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998 23:38:29 -0400, bud <buda...@javanet.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have a marinade recipe for London Broil?

For a 1 to 1 1/4 lb flank steak:

1/3 cup cooking oil
1 tsp vinegar
1 sm clove garlic, minced

Combine and pour over flank steak, scored on both sides. Let stand 2 to 3 hours
at room temperature.

Bob Y.

Young

Jun 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/14/98

Robbyn wrote:

> >This is a lot better than it sounds. A favorite around here.
>
> What do you mean - better than it sounds? It sounds fantastic!
>
> Robbyn

(laughing) Because people look at me with real doubt that this odd
collection of ingredients would taste like anything but dog food.

I should have added, grill or broil it 5-6 minutes each side ...

nancy