From SD cookin-smoked salmon cheesecake

1 view

Debra Fritz

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

I tuned into the emeril show just as he was taking this out of the
pan..It really intrigued me, so I got the recipe from their site..It
comes out like a cross between a quiche and a cheesecake...

I've made it twice,once as a "test" and again for the cookin..and it
was a real hit both times...

Debra

SMOKED SALMON CHEESECAKE

Recipe adapted From New New Orleans Cooking Cookbook by Emeril
Lagasse

1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
Essence - ( I used pepper & chopped dill instead)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup brunoise red peppers
1/2 cup brunoise yellow peppers
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
4 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
1 pound house-smoked salmon ( I used the chunk smoked salmon from
Costco)
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley leaves
1 cup creme fraiche
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1/4 cup brunoise red onion
1/4 cup capers
1 hard boiled egg white, finely chopped
1 hard boil egg yolk, finely chopped
1 (7-ounce) tin of Choupique caviar ( I skipped this because I
didn't think it needed any )

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 10-inch springform pan,
combine the Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and melted butter
together. Blend thoroughly and season the mixture with
Essence.Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the
pan.

In a saute pan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When the olive
is hot, add the onions and peppers. Season the mixture with
Essence.saute the vegetables for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and
remove from the heat and cool completely. Using a food processor,
fitted with a metal blade, add the cream cheese. Process the cheese
until smooth. With the machine running, add the eggs, one at a time.

Add the cream, salt and black pepper. Process the mixture until
incorporated. Remove the mixture from the machine and turning into a
mixing bowl. Fold the vegetable mixture, Gouda cheese, smoked salmon
( flaked) and parsley into the cheese mixture. reseason the mixture
if needed. Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared pan. Place the
pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15
minutes or until the cheesecake is set in the center. Remove the
cheesecake from the oven and cool completely before slicing.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk the creme fraiche and lemon juice
together. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Fold in the
chives. To assemble, place a small pool of the sauce in the center
of each plate. Lay one piece of the cheesecake in the
center of the sauce. Garish each plate with the red onions, capers,
egg whites, egg yolks, caviar and parsley.

Yield: 16 servings

To reply by email, please delete "dd" from my address.

Jack and Kay Hartman

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

On Mon, 08 Jun 1998 13:36:24 GMT, dfr...@rocketmail.com (Debra Fritz)
wrote:

>Essence - ( I used pepper & chopped dill instead)

What is essence?

>1/2 cup brunoise red peppers
>1/2 cup brunoise yellow peppers

What does brunoise mean?

>1 pound house-smoked salmon ( I used the chunk smoked salmon from
>Costco)

Did you use cold-smoked salmon like lox or hot-smoked salmon?

Where's the recipe for the tri-tips? (Like I should talk since I
haven't posted my recipes yet.)

Kay

Debra Fritz

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

On Mon, 08 Jun 1998 14:56:38 GMT, hart...@mediaone.net (Jack and
Kay Hartman) wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Jun 1998 13:36:24 GMT, dfr...@rocketmail.com (Debra Fritz)
>wrote:
>
>>Essence - ( I used pepper & chopped dill instead)
>
>What is essence?

It's a spice mix he uses..and when he does, he yells BAM!!! It's on
the foodtv site...I don't use it..I'm not sure if it works without
the sound effects, and I refuse to stand in my kitchen yelling Bam!

>>1/2 cup brunoise red peppers
>>1/2 cup brunoise yellow peppers
>
>What does brunoise mean?

I had to ask too:):) it's a 1/8" dice.

>>1 pound house-smoked salmon ( I used the chunk smoked salmon from
>>Costco)
>
>Did you use cold-smoked salmon like lox or hot-smoked salmon?

I used the hot smoked..I think..It's the chunk type and has a
totally different consistency than lox...

>Where's the recipe for the tri-tips? (Like I should talk since I
>haven't posted my recipes yet.)

Heheheeh it's been posted:):) All I have left to do is the Nanaimo
bars:):) And I will wait patiently for your recipes:):) So I can
immediately "appropriate" them to my file:):)

Debra<---who is still full from Saturday

Carrie Eager

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

dfr...@rocketmail.com (Debra Fritz) scribbled:

>>What is essence?

>It's a spice mix he uses..and when he does, he yells BAM!!! It's on
>the foodtv site...I don't use it..I'm not sure if it works without
>the sound effects, and I refuse to stand in my kitchen yelling Bam!

LOL...I'll send Caelin up there,,,We watch Emeril all the time and she
LOVES to yell BAM!

Carrie

http://www.HomeEcon.com

a.k.a. Caelin's mom (5/16/95)

Peg Shambo

Jun 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/8/98

That's it! I gotta move to SD!

Anybody know some company interested in a slightly gimpy, yet top quality,
COBOL programmer? :-)

Peg

Peg Shambo jaz...@ANTISPAMgis.net
I'm an American. I used to live in England. Now I'm back!
remove "ANTISPAM" from my email address

Debra Fritz

Jun 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/9/98

On Mon, 08 Jun 1998 21:06:03 GMT, g_ce...@lorien.qualcomm.com
(Carrie Eager) wrote:

>dfr...@rocketmail.com (Debra Fritz) scribbled:
>>>
>>>What is essence?
>
>>It's a spice mix he uses..and when he does, he yells BAM!!! It's on
>>the foodtv site...I don't use it..I'm not sure if it works without
>>the sound effects, and I refuse to stand in my kitchen yelling Bam!
>>>

>LOL...I'll send Caelin up there,,,We watch Emeril all the time and she
>LOVES to yell BAM!

That *quiet* little girl??? Raises her voice??? Nope, sorry, I don't
believe it:):)

Debra<--who looks forward to seeing her again..and her parents
too:):)

Harry A. Demidavicius

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

COBOL?
Name your location and ticket,Peg. They need you for the year 2,000 stuff.
I just read where Gringich [sp?] The US House Leader Guy ... has admitted
that the US [Gov't] is nit 2ooo ready yet. Only 15% of the Europeans are
ready. You "horribly desirable-able-to-name-your-own-$$! you.
I wish that I had your knowledge - it's gotta be worth a gazillion bucks.
Harry Demidavicius.