Hermann Cook In- Cantonese Chicken Wings

Hag & Stenni / Mike & Carol Bradley

Sep 19, 2001, 8:58:25 PM9/19/01
Smoked Cantonese Chicken Wings

4-5 lb chicken wings, tips removed
1 c. Soy sauce
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. dry white wine (rhine)
1/2 c. pineapple juice
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp dry powdered ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
toabasco sauce to taste

Now this is a two part recipie, there are 2 different processes, 1st
to cook the wings and the 2nd to smoke them.

Part 1 - Marinate and cook the wings

combine all ingredients and stir until sugar is disolved. marinate
wings approx 12 hours. Bake at 350 f until wings register a temp of
170 f (approx 45 min).

Part 2 - Smoking the wings.

To smoke the wings you will need a lg jellyroll pan and cookie cooling
racks or grates that fit over the top of the jellyroll pan. Place the
chicken wings on your grates or cookie cooling racks. Start your
charcoal and bring to a good hot steady heat. Place the jellyroll pan
on the grilling surface (above but not directly on the coals, what you
cook your food on usualy) Fill the jellyroll pan w/ water and place
the grates/cookie cooling racks filled w/ wings over the water. Wings
should not touch the water (unless you want smokey chicken soup)
Scatter soaked hickory chips, over the hot coals and bbq the wings
until reddish brown on one side. I only use Nature-Glo brand hickory
chips unless I just cant get them. Before serving wings check them for
saltyness, that is taste one and salt if necessary...I like em best
salty!

Mike Bradley