Cantelope Sherbert

M. Simic

Apr 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/23/96

Cateland White <cate...@lasvegas-nexus.com> wrote:

>I am looking for a cantelope sherbert recipe - does anyone have one?
>Thanks,
>Cateland White

Hello!!

I do not know if cantelope is like the french cantaloup, but if it is,
here is a recipe:

--------------------------
sorbet au melon
------------------------- (intried recipe)
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup water

2 1/4 cup mashed melon
2 T lemon juice
1 T shredded cucomber

Bring to a boil the sugar and water.
Simmer 3 min.
Remove from heat.
Cool.
Mix melon, juice and cucomber.
Add to sugar mixture.
Freeze, stirring often.

***you can use any kind of melon.

I hope this recipe is good...

Best wishes..

Mila

--
M. Simic

"Le probleme de l'heure n'est pas dans l'energie atomique,
mais celui du coeur humain."
-Einstein

Cateland White

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96

Eileen and Bob Holze

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96
Here you go
* Exported from MasterCook II *

Cantaloupe Sherbet

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

1 md Cantaloupe -- peeled- seeded
1/4 cup Honey
3 cups Skim Milk
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup Sugar

In blender or food processor fitted with metal blade, puree cantaloupe and
lemon juice. In a large bowl, combine sugar, honey and milk. Add pureed
cantaloupe mixture and vanilla. Stir until sugar dissolves. Pour
into ice cream canister. Freeze in ice cream maker according to
manufacturer's directions. Makes about 2 quarts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Eileen

Madelin Holtkamp

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

In article <317F46...@lasvegas-nexus.com>, Cateland White
<cate...@lasvegas-nexus.com> wrote:

It's been a while, but I used to make one that involved pureeing dead ripe
cantalope in a blender or food processor, seasoning with lemon and/or
orange juice (fresh squeezed) and a bit of sugar, and some chopped mint if
you like. Thin it with water if it seems too intense or thick. Pour into
the ice cream freezed and voila.

Katie E Green

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96
to Madelin Holtkamp

Or, for simple fruit sorbets, simple dice the fruit, cantelope,
watermelon, strawberries, etc., into chunks and freeze. That simple.
Takes about 2 hours to get them good and cold, so allow time. Drop
these into the blend and puree on high. Don't over process. The water
content in these fruits are very high and they turn into instant sorbet.
You may, of coarse add orange juice, sugar, if you like. This works so
beautiful, it easily qualifies for low cal as well. The flavor is
wonderful, particularly in the hot summer.

Katie *:)

Susan Moyers Porter

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

]
]> I am looking for a cantelope sherbert recipe - does anyone have one?
]> Thanks,

]
]It's been a while, but I used to make one that involved pureeing dead ripe
]cantalope in a blender

How does one properly kill a cantalope? I wouldn't want it trying to
crawl out of the blender on me... Maybe you mean ANTELOPE sherbet. Now
that would require a dead ripe one...

: }

Susan Moyers Porter