Foods you're embarrassed to admit you like.

Michael L Kankiewic

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

I'll start :)

I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
noodles.

MK

Elissa

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
I LOVE the corner pieces of a birthday cake! The more crisco-laden
frosting, the better!

In article <mrmd-ya02408000R...@news.nauticom.net>,
mr...@nauticom.net (Mitchell Rothenberg) wrote:

> In article
> <Pine.GSO.3.96.980911...@joxer.acsu.buffalo.edu>, Michael

> Mac and cheese from the blue box when I am also blue. Nothing comes close
> for true comfort food.
>
> Susan

Mitchell Rothenberg

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

darl...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

Michael L Kankiewic <mich...@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:

> I'll start :)
>
> I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
> noodles.
>
> MK

We don't have to list them all do we?:) I'll go with what I just ate,
Jello brand No Bake Cheese Cake....yum yum

Darlin'62

JJMMJJ

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Cheetos... what can I say? My fingers get orange and they're bad for me, but I
only have them once or twice a year anyway.

Glenna S. Price

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Microwave hamburgers (bout once a year). You know, the kind you can buy
at Texaco.

Scott Taylor

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

> I'll start :)
>
> I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
> noodles.
>
> MK

Velveeta. Flaming hot cheetos.

Valerie

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
In article <6tbuni$hbs$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

<darl...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:

> Michael L Kankiewic <mich...@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
>> noodles.
>
>We don't have to list them all do we?:) I'll go with what I just ate,
>Jello brand No Bake Cheese Cake....yum yum
>
>Darlin'62

If I don't take enough iron, I really like McD's hamburgers. That's my
test, really. If I want one, I go take iron... ;-)

Zucchini, though... It's embarrassing, after growing up in New England
(where zucchini is "THAT AGAIN????") to find myself buying the stuff...

Val

Miche and Dave

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
In article <35F97089...@email.sps.mot.com>, "Glenna S. Price"
<RA7...@email.sps.mot.com> wrote:

> Microwave hamburgers (bout once a year). You know, the kind you can buy
> at Texaco.
>

> Michael L Kankiewic wrote:
>
> > I'll start :)
> >

> > I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
> > noodles.

Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce (ketchup).

Miche

--
dhmec at albatross dot co dot nz
You say Chaos like it's a _bad_ thing!

Valerie

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
In article <dhmec-12089...@dialup119.albatross.co.nz>,

Miche and Dave <dh...@albatross.co.nz> wrote:

>Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce (ketchup).

What's that???

Val, puzzled...

ALZELT

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98

dh...@albatross.co.nz (Miche and Dave) writes:

>Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce
>(ketchup).
>

>Miche

?

alan

Ranee & Rich Mueller

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Kraft Mac and Cheese
a dip made of Mexican Velveeta, Tabasco and Worchestire (sp?) sauce
Van de Kamp's Battered Fish Portions
The occasional corndog
Cheetos
Rice a Roni

Gosh, I eat a lot of junk...I won't list it all.

Ranee Mueller

Mary Elizabeth

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Valerie wrote:

> In article <dhmec-12089...@dialup119.albatross.co.nz>,
> Miche and Dave <dh...@albatross.co.nz> wrote:
> >
> >Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce (ketchup).
>
> What's that???
>
> Val, puzzled...

Hot dogs.

---------------------------------------
Mary "There is no St. Beth" Elizabeth |
Who has not heard the term saveloy for
ever so long |
---------------------------------------

Valerie

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
In article <35F9A1B9...@orph.org>,

Mary Elizabeth <bethN...@orph.org> wrote:
>Valerie wrote:
>>
>> In article <dhmec-12089...@dialup119.albatross.co.nz>,
>> Miche and Dave <dh...@albatross.co.nz> wrote:
>> >
>> >Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce (ketchup).
>>
>> What's that???
>>
>> Val, puzzled...
>
>Hot dogs.

Ewwwww... Cold? You and Mary...

Val

Young

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Mary Elizabeth wrote:

> Valerie wrote:
> >
> > In article <dhmec-12089...@dialup119.albatross.co.nz>,
> > Miche and Dave <dh...@albatross.co.nz> wrote:
> > >
> > >Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce (ketchup).
> >
> > What's that???
> >
> > Val, puzzled...
>
> Hot dogs.

(giggle) Well, I guess I should be thankful saveloys aren't raw eggs.

nancy

carini

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
TWINKIES!!! yum

rmiller1

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
to Michael L Kankiewic
OK, I confess, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Light- right out of the
container, on my finger, I know, it is really gross.!!!
Rosie

Betsy Hirschburg

Sep 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/11/98
Betty Crocker Noodles Romanoff,the kind that used to come in in red box.
The formula was changed a few years ago and they aren't as good! LOL
Betsy

{Angel}

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Cheeze Whiz
cold hot dogs
cold egg rolls
frozen eggos (especially cinnamon toast ones)
grapes with onion dip
Cheesy hamburger helpers..and Kraft dinner.

{Angel}
(take out "UWISH" to reply)
"The scream that no one hears is the deadliest."
-- Tami Hoag

Anne Bourget

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98

Corn dog dipped in yellow mustard

Bowl of Sugar Smacks with half & half

S'mores

Tuna fish sandwich with a chocolate malt as a chaser

My Aunt Juanita's popcorn balls

Anne Bourget bou...@netcom.com
Sacramento, California

"A room without [cook]books is a body without a soul."

Cicero

Harry Dodsworth

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98

Having been brought up in Britain, I confess to liking Bird's Custard,
Heinz Salad Cream and canned corned beef.

These are of course quite different from things I like that some people
don't such as brussels sprouts, roast lamb, and tongue.....

--
Harry Dodsworth Ottawa Ontario Canada af...@freenet.carleton.ca

BizzyB5154

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
<delurking :)>

Don't know as I'm embarrassed to admit these, but they seem to gross out
others:

Bagels w/cream cheese and A-1 Sauce
Bread and butter (spread thick) and brown sugar (thanks Mom!)
Ramen noodles w/pineapple, or just hot sauce

and, well, shredded cheese, any kind, straight out of the bag, standing in
front of the open refrigerator

bran...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
In article <35F9B9...@erols.com>,
car...@erols.com wrote:
> TWINKIES!!! yum

Cheap store-bought cream puffs with that weird fake cream filling that I'm
afraid to read to ingredients for.
--
This is a test. It is only a test. Had this been a real job, you would have
received raises, promotions and other indications of appreciation.

Nexis Robinson

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
I can't believe I'm gonna admit this but.....
creamed tuna on toast
kraft mac n cheese...especially if i don't feel all to well
lipton cup of soup, chicken noodle, also when I don't feel too well
blogna sandwhiches with miracle whip, lettuce, cheese and Doritos...nacho
cheese! hehe

Ok enough embarrassment for one night :)

kimberly

Michael L Kankiewic wrote in message ...

>I'll start :)
>
>I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
>noodles.
>

>MK

Miche and Dave

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
<bethN...@orph.org> wrote:

> Valerie wrote:
> >
> > In article <dhmec-12089...@dialup119.albatross.co.nz>,
> > Miche and Dave <dh...@albatross.co.nz> wrote:
> > >
> > >Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce
(ketchup).

> > What's that???
> >
> > Val, puzzled...
>
> Hot dogs.

Nope.

Not enough meat to be a hot dog, and dyed a lurid shade of red that's not
found in nature.

(We also have hot dogs here, and they are NOT the same as saveloys.)

maryf

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Valerie wrote:

> In article <35F9A1B9...@orph.org>,
> Mary Elizabeth <bethN...@orph.org> wrote:
> >Valerie wrote:

> >> What's that???
> >>
> >> Val, puzzled...
> >
> >Hot dogs.
>
> Ewwwww... Cold? You and Mary...
>
> Val

Val...You'd better run and hide NOW!!

Who told you that I eat cold hot dogs???????

I can run alot faster than you think!
--
Mary f. <No Kitty! it's MY POT PIE!>
_ _
|,4) -,_. , ( `'-'
'-~~' (_/~~' `-'\_)
It's a widdle,widdle, widdle pud (She's not big on sharing, is she?)
http://home.earthlink.net/~maryf

Steve

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
SOS - Love it

Steve

Essie43

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
ok.. ok.... french fries smothered with lots of melted velveta cheese. yum....

Liam (Charlie)

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Miche and Dave wrote:

> In article <35F97089...@email.sps.mot.com>, "Glenna S. Price"
> <RA7...@email.sps.mot.com> wrote:
>
> > Microwave hamburgers (bout once a year). You know, the kind you can buy
> > at Texaco.
> >

> > Michael L Kankiewic wrote:
> >
> > > I'll start :)
> > >
> > > I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
> > > noodles.
>
> Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce (ketchup).
>
> Miche
>
> --
> dhmec at albatross dot co dot nz
> You say Chaos like it's a _bad_ thing!

Miche, have you ever eaten tinned saveloys? I used to like them
years
ago cold with beer.

Liam
Charlie Liam Gifford 32:44:58N
<>< 117:06:33W
USS PORTERFIELD DD682 (Under Construction)
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/8893

el...@cucinavivace.com

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98

What else? Sugar Frosted Flakes -- they're great!

Elena

--
For a complete line of Italian food and cookware,
recipes and a chance to visit with our on-line chef visit

Stan Horwitz

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Maybe I am just a radical, but I am not embarrassed to admit that I like
any foods that most of my friends and family dislike. I am 37 years old
and I still like canned pasta, Kraft Macarroni and Cheese, soda (although
I have moved to Diet Pepsi now), and I still ocassionally drink Hawaiian
Punch! I don't eat canned pasta often, but it a can of Chef Boy R Dee beef
ravioli sure hits the spot when I want a quick lunch!

chris 'fufas' grace

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98

Mary Elizabeth wrote in message <35F9A1B9...@orph.org>...

>Valerie wrote:
>>
>> In article <dhmec-12089...@dialup119.albatross.co.nz>,
>> Miche and Dave <dh...@albatross.co.nz> wrote:
>> >

>> >Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce
(ketchup).

>> What's that???
>>
>> Val, puzzled...
>
>Hot dogs.

Not exactly. But then you need to know a bit about the New Zealand
smallgoods
industry. (Here I'm talking about the mass-market stuff, not sausages and
the
like made by individual butchers, which are something else).

You see, the majority of meat produced in New Zealand is ... Lamb.
Pork and Beef are produced, but are both more expensive.
Therefore most sausage products (except for Salamis and speciality sausages,
and I have my doubts about some of those), are actually made from mutton.

There are two types of sausage (Of the type merkins call 'links' as opposed
to the
big patties you get with the $3.95 breakfast in Honolulu).

One kind can be boiled. They may be described as Polonies, Saveloys,
Frankfurters, Hot dog sausages, or cocktail sausages, and they're basically
all the same except that some of them have orange skins and some have red
skins.

The other kind are supposed to be grilled or fried. Except they are usually
boiled first if you're going to put them on the barbie.

With both kinds, they have a high meat content (I think it's regulated at
95%), but the type of meat is extremely variable. The only rules are that if
they are called 'pork' sausages, they must contain *some* pork, but in this
case the pork content does not have to be in the majority, it just has to be
there.

You can buy 100% pork sausages, but they're rare.

In fact, quite a lot of sausages are described as pork 'flavoured' and
contain no pork at all.

Robbyn

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
In article <6td05b$b...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>, St...@NoSpam.Com (Steve) wrote:
*SOS - Love it
*
*Steve

Ditto

Robbyn

"It's all interpretation.
To find the truth you've got to read between the lines..."

June Oshiro

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
In article <35F9F9...@earthlink.net>, maryf <ma...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Who told you that I eat cold hot dogs???????

no one. we both witnessed it at a cookin a summer or so ago.
cold hot dogs w/capers.

-j.

--
"Wherever you are living... don't move. Sounds like some
sort of fuzz paradise." - Paula Sorensen

Curly Sue

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
This is probably the topic where Sharon (madameming) is collecting her
blackmail material.

Sue(tm)
sue at interport net

Jeanine H.

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:29:09 -0400, Michael L Kankiewic
<mich...@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:

well, not sure if its a food or not..Twinkies! <G> about twice a year
I MUST have a real twinkie!

>I'll start :)
>
>I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
>noodles.
>

>MK

Jeanine H.
Come learn about Emergency Medical Services @
My web site! http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/2089
ICQ # 8345762

Jeanine H.

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
On Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:33:43 -0400, maryf <ma...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Valerie wrote:

>> >Hot dogs.
>>
>> Ewwwww... Cold? You and Mary...

>Val...You'd better run and hide NOW!!
>

>Who told you that I eat cold hot dogs???????
>

>I can run alot faster than you think!

Umm then run at me! I announced it after the cook-in you sat there and
ate 'em cold fromthe fridge!!! I think Val was there at the time
though..wasn't she??I don'tknow I mix them up but I SAW IT!!!!!!<G>

Sharon K. Andrews

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
> If I don't take enough iron, I really like McD's hamburgers. That's my
> test, really. If I want one, I go take iron... ;-)
>
> Val

That is so funny you said that, I thought is was just me! Last summer I got
the chicken pox at the age of 29 and I was so sick! My dh went to McD's for
the kids and brought home an extra Big Mac. I thought "you've got to be
kidding me with your idea of convalescent care" but I wolfed down ever spec
and felt SO much better after! Never underestimate the power of chemicals in
food!

Sharon in Snohomish

rossana

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Steve wrote:

> SOS - Love it
>
> Steve

What??????

Anyway, mine are:

Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup
Kraft Mac and Cheese with parmesan added and Japanese chili garlic sauce
on top
McCain Frozen Layer Cake (Kinda like Sara Lee in the US)
Grilled to an almost crisp Maple Leaf Hot dogs with plain ol yellow
mustard
The list goes on, but my cheeks are getting red! LOL

TTFN

darl...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
I'm adding one for my daughter (7 yr.)
She likes her pancakes dipped in ketchup.

Darlin'62

Marcella M. simon

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
to JJMMJJ

On 11 Sep 1998, JJMMJJ wrote:

> Cheetos... what can I say? My fingers get orange and they're bad for me, but I
> only have them once or twice a year anyway.

I'd have to agree. I am a person who loves different foods but often look
down on artificial flavorings but i too am a lover of fake cheese.
Whether it be in the form of cheese doodles, cheeseitz or Kraft Macaroni
and Cheese.
I don't know the reason but for some reason it just tastes good but again
there is only so much fake cheese a person can eat without getting ill.

Other foods I am embarrassed to admit I like . . . Whoppers at Burger
King . . . with cheese!

Marcella

Jamie Utter

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Noodle Roni when we go camping. My friend makes it. I'm always
trying to make this or that fancy or impressive dish. But I can't get
enough of her Noodle Roni.

Also, my mom makes a "spread" for crackers out of SPAM with
pickle relish and mayo, some other stuff. She serves it with Ritz
crackers.

Jamie

Mary Elizabeth

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Miche and Dave wrote:

> In article <35F9A1B9...@orph.org>, Mary Elizabeth
> <bethN...@orph.org> wrote:
>
> > Valerie wrote:

> (ketchup).
> > >
> > > What's that???
> > >
> > > Val, puzzled...
> >
> > Hot dogs.
>
> Nope.
>
> Not enough meat to be a hot dog, and dyed a lurid shade of red that's not
> found in nature.
>
> (We also have hot dogs here, and they are NOT the same as saveloys.)
>
> Miche

Well, yeah, Miche, I actually knew that, but I also knew that in the
U.S. hot dogs are the closest thing to saveloys, especially if we're
talking about eating 'em cold from the fridge, because <cough> I used to
do that myself on rare occasion. I first read about saveloys in James
Herriott's Yorkshire vet books, and he called them hot dogs, and then I
went to live in Yorkshire and I realized that, as you say, they aren't
hot dogs but are exactly as you describe. Yuck. (Sorry, folks, but
British "sausage" was one of the few great shocks and disappointments of
my sojourn there.)

---------------------------------------
Mary "There is no St. Beth" Elizabeth |
Who does, however, sorely miss British
dairy products, especially the cheese |
---------------------------------------

BevMann

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98

rossana wrote in message <35FAAE...@host.simcoe.igs.net>...

>Steve wrote:
>>
>> SOS - Love it
>>
>> Steve
>

>What??????

LOL!!! He's referring to that great american favorite s__t on a shingle ---
creamed chipped beef (or, in some cases, ground beef) on toast! Love it!!!

Bev, who makes it for herself about once a month <g>

darl...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
In article <6tekne$ha$1...@sibyl.sunrise.ch>,

I like mine on mashed potatoes. So here we call it *SLOP*

Gordo

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

> I'll start :)
>
> I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
> noodles.
>
> MK

Smoked Oyster, Green Olive, Bacon, and Jalepeno Pizza!

To reply; remove the obvious and start from there :)

'I have an Uncle who is a vegetarian. It's not
That he likes animals or anything, he just really
hates plants'
-Stephen Wright

May's Pearls of Wisdom

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
plain club soda

May

Gordo

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
May's Pearls of Wisdom wrote:

> plain club soda
>
> May

Hey! I love club soda, but gee! put a slice of lime or lemon in there,
I won't tell anyone!

--
-----8<-------SNIP!

Richard Kaszeta

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Kaari Jae <8899...@hem1.passagen.se> writes:

> > SOS - Love it
> I take it that you don't mean the Swedish "life saver" Smor-Ost-Sill
> which means Butter-Cheese-Herring? So what sort of a life saver is your
> SOS for you?

Sh*t on a Shingle, a euphemism that usually refers to creamed chipped
beef on toast.

I have been known to crave SOS myself. Must be my Navy days.

--
Richard W Kaszeta Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bo...@me.umn.edu University of MN, ME Dept

maryf

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
June Oshiro wrote:

> In article <35F9F9...@earthlink.net>, maryf <ma...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> >Who told you that I eat cold hot dogs???????
>
> no one. we both witnessed it at a cookin a summer or so ago.
> cold hot dogs w/capers.

I ate the hot dog cold, I admit it (and I did it at a prior cookin too,
Mike Hubbard saw it!) but I DID NOT eat it with capers. THe capers are
reserved for the fresh mozzarella (of which they were out of today at
the grocery! growllllll!).

june was hallucinating, as was Laura (LKS) about a white ghost walking
around the house. Sheesh! :-). And it was ONE summer ago June, Just
ONE! :-)

maryf

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
to rmil...@flash.net
rmiller1 wrote:

> OK, I confess, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Light- right out of the
> container, on my finger, I know, it is really gross.!!!
> Rosie

that is gross, Rosie, three hail mary's! And I'll join you, just as
soon as I finish licking off the big spoonful of plain sour cream out of
the carton (drove my mom nuts, milk man would deliver and I'd eat the
entire 8 oz carton before she even brought the stuff in!). :-) <shit
eating grin>

Rus...@webtv.net

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
Ya know, after reading this thread I've noticed that the majority of
posts are by women. This is proof to what I have expected for a long
time. Most men can eat anything and not be embarrassed about it.

Kaari Jae

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Steve wrote:

> SOS - Love it
>
> Steve

Steve

I take it that you don't mean the Swedish "life saver" Smor-Ost-Sill
which means Butter-Cheese-Herring? So what sort of a life saver is your
SOS for you?

Kaari
who happens to like the Swedish SOS :)

Please remove the 8899 from my name before you reply. Thank you :)

What if you slept? And what if, in your sleep, you dreamed?
And what if, in your dream you went to heaven and there
plucked a strange and beautiful flower? And what if,
when you awoke, you had the flower in your hand?
Ah, what then?
(Coleridge)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

LOOCIE

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls; Fried bologna sandwiches, very well done; and every
now and then, chocolate milk.

Sharon

Rufus4225

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
We were just talking about cream chipped beef on toast today. I also like
creamed tuna fish on toast, and of course, the famous tuna noodle casserole
with canned green peas. My daughters and I usually make either or both of
these all time favorites when my husband is out of town on business

Miche and Dave

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
In article <35FA3540...@concentric.net>, sa...@concentric.net wrote:

> Miche and Dave wrote:
> >
> > Saveloys. Raw. Cold. Straight out of the fridge, with tomato sauce
(ketchup).

> > Miche
> >
> Miche, have you ever eaten tinned saveloys? I used to like them
> years
> ago cold with beer.

Nope, never heard of them! Must admit, the thought doesn't thrill me.

Miche

--
dhmec at albatross dot co dot nz
You say Chaos like it's a _bad_ thing!

wel...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
What's that sound? Hear it? Geeez...must be the sound of my arteries
hardening because I like the dreaded, evil, loathesome chicken skin so much.
My kids and I fight over the skin on BBQ'd chicken...<sigh> like mother, like
sons. Fortunately, we only have these skirmishes once a month or so---it's
not like we eat the stuff all the time. And we always eat something
disgustingly healthy in the same meal...you know--to balance it out!

There...have I justified it enough? ;-)

Susan

Kathy K

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
I like ketchup on my eggs, and on French toast. Your daughter sounds pretty
wise to me! (The thought of syrup on French toast leaves me cold.)
--
Kathy K
Remove/notspamfan to reply

darl...@my-dejanews.com wrote in article
<6ten8f$bpq$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> I'm adding one for my daughter (7 yr.)
> She likes her pancakes dipped in ketchup.
>
> Darlin'62

Brianne K. Mason

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Creamed peas on toast
Baked mac and cheese with stewed tomatoes on top
Chef Boy Are Dee Beefaroni
Toast spread with tuna salad (made with Miracle Whip, onions, and sweet
pickle relish) a slice of Velveeta on

top and broiled til cheese gets a good "skin."
Cold day old corn on the cob
Canned tomato soup with elbow maccaroni in it
Totinos brand cheap-o frozen cardboard pizzas....usually on sale for $
.79
Creamed corn over mashed potatoes
Rice a Roni red beans and rice
Turkey pot pies
Hormel chili without beans/Cheez Whiz dip served hot with Doritos
Hamburger Helper barbeque beef
Bacon and Miracle Whip sandwiches
Canned corned beef hash with over easy eggs
Grilled cheese sandwiches with fried onions, dipped in ketchup
Ramen noodles

Michael L Kankiewic

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Ranee & Rich Mueller wrote:
> Van de Kamp's Battered Fish Portions

Yes, me too!
MK

Rachelle Thibodeau

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Canned corn. Straight outta the can. Not embarrassing enough? I like
it better than fresh corn.

Cheesecake with tinned cherry pie filling on top.

"Zero" chocolate that's gone all melty so it has to be licked off the
wrapper and/or my hands.

Cold pizza and root beer. For breakfast.

Rachelle

June Oshiro

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
In article <35FB3F...@earthlink.net>, maryf <ma...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>June Oshiro wrote:
>>
>> In article <35F9F9...@earthlink.net>, maryf <ma...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> >Who told you that I eat cold hot dogs???????
>>
>> no one. we both witnessed it at a cookin a summer or so ago.
>> cold hot dogs w/capers.
>
>I ate the hot dog cold, I admit it (and I did it at a prior cookin too,
>Mike Hubbard saw it!) but I DID NOT eat it with capers.

oh no, 'course not. :) i guess one or two got stuck to your
fingers when you ate the hotdog.

>june was hallucinating, as was Laura (LKS) about a white ghost walking
>around the house.

hey, i remember that ghost! it was like a little waif... like
the ghost of christmas past...

>Sheesh! :-). And it was ONE summer ago June, Just
>ONE! :-)

it seems like a lifetime ago, to be honest. :( i haven't
been to any cookins in a long time... very sad about that.

-j.

--
"Wherever you are living... don't move. Sounds like some
sort of fuzz paradise." - Paula Sorensen

TJ

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98

More likely too embarrassed to even admit it.

wel...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
In article <01bddecd$46630b80$2cd7...@KKemila.scantech.com>,

"Kathy K" <kkemila/notsp...@skantech.net> wrote:
> I like ketchup on my eggs, and on French toast. Your daughter sounds pretty
> wise to me! (The thought of syrup on French toast leaves me cold.)
> --

Ketchup on eggs...I vote for that, too!

Susan

Ray Bruman

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Rus...@webtv.net wrote:

> Ya know, after reading this thread I've noticed that the majority of
> posts are by women. This is proof to what I have expected for a long
> time. Most men can eat anything and not be embarrassed about it.

You got that right. Night before last, I got home from a
party kinda hungry. Ate a whole bag of Cheetos (the puffy
worm kind, of course) thinking "Dang, these stupid things
taste good!"

--
Ray Bruman, Berkeley CA

Ranee & Rich Mueller

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
My DH and I have decided that there is an addictive chemical in the fake
orange cheese powder, and that is why we like Cheetos, Kraft Mac-n-Cheese,
Doritos, etc. Periodically, you really do crave them.

Ranee Mueller
----------
In article <199809111834...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, jjm...@aol.com

bran...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
In article <35FB40...@earthlink.net>,

Mary, take that plain sour cream and dip cheap store-brand potato chips (the
more salt the better) into it. The first time I heard it I thought yuck -
then I tried it. Also good on Cheetos Puffs and Doritos.

Melissa (don't blame me...my daughter's pregnant, she suggested it and I tried
it)

--
This is a test. It is only a test. Had this been a real job, you would have
received raises, promotions and other indications of appreciation.

Young

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
bran...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Mary, take that plain sour cream and dip cheap store-brand potato chips (the
> more salt the better) into it.

You're almost right! But, it's gotta be Wise Lower Salt. With plain
sour cream.

nancy

May's Pearls of Wisdom

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
I forgot about this since I don't do much baking anymore....Crisco. This really
grosses my daughter out.

May

May's Pearls of Wisdom

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
No..No It has to be plain soda..no ice. :-)

May

Heather Allen

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98

> "Zero" chocolate that's gone all melty so it has to be licked off the
> wrapper and/or my hands.

I love "Zero" candy bars.. mmm.. can't eat them too often though, they're
*soo* sweet.

I also like the macaroni and cheese with the cheese in a little can.
Kraft uses a package these days, so now I buy generic. Something about
the can makes it taste better.

Heather A.

--
Heather Allen
sha...@macwhiz.com

Bob Y.

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 16:14:13 GMT, wel...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>In article <01bddecd$46630b80$2cd7...@KKemila.scantech.com>,
> "Kathy K" <kkemila/notsp...@skantech.net> wrote:
>> I like ketchup on my eggs, and on French toast. Your daughter sounds pretty
>> wise to me! (The thought of syrup on French toast leaves me cold.)
>> --
>>
>Ketchup on eggs...I vote for that, too!
>
>Susan

Several years ago, I read an article in a photography magazine about the trouble
one guy was having. They were using plastic models of food in some layouts
(plastic holds up better under studio lights than real food). The models were
made in Japan and the guy had the hardest time convincing the company not to
include ketchup on the scrambled eggs. Seems at that time in Japan, in one
industry at least, they believed all Americans put ketchup on their eggs.

I would never do that. Now a good picante sauce, is a different matter. <g>

Bob Y.

Yield to temptation; it may not pass your way again.

The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Miche and Dave

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
In article <35FAD4CD...@orph.org>, Mary Elizabeth
<bethN...@orph.org> wrote:

> Miche and Dave wrote:
> > Not enough meat to be a hot dog, and dyed a lurid shade of red that's not
> > found in nature.
> >
> > (We also have hot dogs here, and they are NOT the same as saveloys.)
> >
> > Miche
> >

> Well, yeah, Miche, I actually knew that, but I also knew that in the
> U.S. hot dogs are the closest thing to saveloys, especially if we're
> talking about eating 'em cold from the fridge, because <cough> I used to
> do that myself on rare occasion.

Fair enough. And respects for coming out of the closet. :)

> I first read about saveloys in James
> Herriott's Yorkshire vet books, and he called them hot dogs, and then I
> went to live in Yorkshire and I realized that, as you say, they aren't
> hot dogs but are exactly as you describe. Yuck. (Sorry, folks, but
> British "sausage" was one of the few great shocks and disappointments of
> my sojourn there.)

That reminds me of an old wartime saying: The British will never be short
of bread, while they still have sausages. :)

Steph Land

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Alright, my favorite comfort food is peanut butter and cucumber
sandwiches...peel the cuc first though! Also Map-O-Spread (no there isn't
any maple syrup in it) with bananas on toast.

Tuffy

Ranee & Rich Mueller wrote in message
<6tgsfr$1...@dfw-ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>...

Mcc6050

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
oooooohhhhh Wise potato chips....how I miss them. And Wise potato chips
washed down with Hire's root beer.....wonderful.

Steph Land

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Oh, I just thought of another all time favorite...carrot muffin mix
(uncooked) with vanilla icecream. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Tuffy

Kaari Jae

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Richard Kaszeta wrote:

> Kaari Jae <8899...@hem1.passagen.se> writes:
>
> > > SOS - Love it

> > I take it that you don't mean the Swedish "life saver" Smor-Ost-Sill
> > which means Butter-Cheese-Herring? So what sort of a life saver is your
> > SOS for you?
>
> Sh*t on a Shingle, a euphemism that usually refers to creamed chipped
> beef on toast.
>
> I have been known to crave SOS myself. Must be my Navy days.

Hmmm, sorry to say Richard this didn't make things any clearer to me.
What is creamed chipped beef on a toast??? Some sort of a hamburger??

Kaari
who wonders if there are more of these kind of euphemisms? And what are
they in that case? *puzzled*

Kaari Jae

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
May's Pearls of Wisdom wrote:

> plain club soda
>
> May

I like plain club soda too (no ice), drink it usually with meals but
have to admit never have thought it as embarrassing since it's quite
common here. Sooooo maybe you live in a wrong country? :)

Kaari
who did have a tough time of getting anything to drink with meals when
in US, don't like cola or any sweet sodas (ordinary or diet ones), don't
drink beer, prefer mineral water, type Vichy Water which is not Perrier.

Mr. Robin Cowdrey

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Mary Elizabeth wrote:

> Well, yeah, Miche, I actually knew that, but I also knew that in the
> U.S. hot dogs are the closest thing to saveloys, especially if we're
> talking about eating 'em cold from the fridge, because <cough> I used to

> do that myself on rare occasion. I first read about saveloys in James

> Herriott's Yorkshire vet books, and he called them hot dogs, and then I
> went to live in Yorkshire and I realized that, as you say, they aren't
> hot dogs but are exactly as you describe. Yuck. (Sorry, folks, but
> British "sausage" was one of the few great shocks and disappointments of
> my sojourn there.)
>

> ---------------------------------------
> Mary "There is no St. Beth" Elizabeth |
> Who does, however, sorely miss British
> dairy products, especially the cheese |
> ---------------------------------------

Sadly, I have to agree...they are not what they used to be.
The best I've had during recent visits were purchased in
Newmarket (which is , I think, still in Suffolk...they've
messed around with the county limits too). They are made by
a afmily butcher and locally famous. At one time family
butchers made their own and you could get wonderfully herb
flavoured bangers. Now they're mass produced and
flavourless. Cheese is now being made in a farmhouse
environment again. Perhaps farmhouse sausage will make an
appearance. I often thought about making my own. I'm sure
it's not difficult

--
Robin.............Reply to rcowdrey[at]telusplanet[dot]net

'Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant'
Anon.

May's Pearls of Wisdom

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
No....I just live in the wrong part of the country but it's getting better
with more restaurants carring it. But I sometime do have to order scotch
and soda....hold the scotch. :-)

May

May's Pearls of Wisdom

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
You're mean! I haven't had either one in over 25 years. They don't know good
food on the west coast. :-)

May

maryf

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Michael L Kankiewic wrote:

> I'll start :)
>
> I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
> noodles.
>
> MK

Ewww!! Don't you find them too salty? I used to like them, but I find
them way to salty these days (maybe it's old age :-) ).

But I adore the crunchy noodles they are great :-).

maryf

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
to June Oshiro

And I'm sad too. Miss you "Iron Man" lady :-). I laughed myself stupid
over that viedo :-).

maryf

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Mcc6050 wrote:

> oooooohhhhh Wise potato chips....how I miss them. And Wise potato chips
> washed down with Hire's root beer.....wonderful.

Man.. Now you remind me of a black cow!! My grandmother used to give us
a frosted glass of rootbeer (Hires)with a scoop of chocolate ice cream
in it! Ah to be a kid in the summer again :-). thanks for the memories

maryf

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Ray Bruman wrote:

> You got that right. Night before last, I got home from a
> party kinda hungry. Ate a whole bag of Cheetos (the puffy
> worm kind, of course) thinking "Dang, these stupid things
> taste good!"
>
> --
> Ray Bruman, Berkeley CA

Ray, you haven't watched enough south park. Bernie and the kid won't
eat any Cheetos now unless they are those plastic round stamped out
ones!

I'm with you buddy, give me the curly puffy ones that leave your fingers
all orange! :-).

maryf

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Valerie wrote:

> In article <6tbuni$hbs$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
> <darl...@my-dejanews.com> wrote:

> > Michael L Kankiewic <mich...@acsu.buffalo.edu> wrote:
> >>
> >> I *love* those cheap LaChoy combo meals. Over rice or chinese crunchy
> >> noodles.
> >
> >We don't have to list them all do we?:) I'll go with what I just ate,
> >Jello brand No Bake Cheese Cake....yum yum
> >
> >Darlin'62
>
> If I don't take enough iron, I really like McD's hamburgers. That's my
> test, really. If I want one, I go take iron... ;-)
>
> Zucchini, though... It's embarrassing, after growing up in New England
> (where zucchini is "THAT AGAIN????") to find myself buying the stuff...
>
> Val

You can never have too much zuchinni :-). Mine didn't germinate this
year (1996 seeds :-( ). but the yellow squash that finally germinated
in august is promising 10 to 12 squash in the next 2 weeks :-). I'm
gonna pick the baby ones next week and saute them (with blossoms on,
that I'll stuff with sausage and something :-) ).

Summer squash, it's a good thing. I just tell the kid it's a pickle and
he eats it :-).

Betsy B.

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Yes Yes Yes! Bologna wheels - which are slices of bologna with slits cut around
the edges so they don't curl up when fried. Also, Taylor ham, known as "pork
roll" to my father who is from New Jersey.

Betsy

LOOCIE wrote:

> Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls; Fried bologna sandwiches, very well done; and every
> now and then, chocolate milk.
>
> Sharon

Jennifer Freeman

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Oh, this reminded me of something terrible...

When I was young my brother and I would regularly smother our Sunday
morning pancakes with butter, powdered sugar, Nestles chocolate morsels,
maple syrup, and....POWDERED JELLO! We loved it. (Please understand: I
would not eat this now.)

I can't imagine why my parents allowed us to eat that for breakfast. They
no doubt had two sugared-out kids on their hands all afternoon.

Take it easy,
Jen

In article <199809140401...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
beth...@aol.com (Bethers66) wrote:

>>I agree, syrup on French Toast makes my stomach turn. When I was growing up,
>>my Father made the French toast in our house, and we always ate it with melted
>>butter and powdered sugar-essentially butter frosting! It was heavenly. I
>>actually ate it for breakfast yesterday! :)

Bill Sykes

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
In our part, a savaloy and a hot dog sausage are two different things...a hot dog
sausage being a Frankfurt sausage..and a savaloy being similar...but not quite the
same....mind you the quality of both here, is pretty abysmal...being very lightly
smoked if at all, and dipped in pink stuff.....yuck....terrible hot or cold...
Bill

LOOCIE

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Wise Potato chips are still around. I was never fond of them. To me, they
always had an oniony flavor.

Sharon

Christie

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98

When my brother was younger..around 8 or so he would eat his
scones with Vegemite and cream..

Christie- President Mad Hatters Inc
'My life need editing' - Mort Sahl

Robbyn

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
*Hmmm, sorry to say Richard this didn't make things any clearer to me.
*What is creamed chipped beef on a toast??? Some sort of a hamburger??

Kaari:

Chipped beef is cut up slices of thin, dried, salted beef. When I was a
kid, it came in a little glass jar though now I think it comes in a foil
pouch. The "cream" is just a thick, basic white sauce. There are sometimes
peas in this concoction as well.

Don't forget to butter the toast!

Robbyn

"It's all interpretation.
To find the truth you've got to read between the lines..."

Llanite

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Candy Corn! I eat so much at Halloween that I don't need any more
until Oct. 31 rolls around again!

and, yes, Cheetos...if I can get them from Art! The puffy ones..so
good.

{Angel}

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
French toast for me has to have HP sauce on it. Ate it all the time
when i was a kid..syrup only once in a while..

>I like ketchup on my eggs, and on French toast. Your daughter sounds pretty
>wise to me! (The thought of syrup on French toast leaves me cold.)
>--

>Kathy K
>Remove/notspamfan to reply
>Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you've been up to!

{Angel}
(take out "UWISH" to reply)
"The scream that no one hears is the deadliest."
-- Tami Hoag

darl...@my-dejanews.com

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98

May's Pearls of Wisdom <veck...@kandinsky.hf.intel.com> wrote:
> I forgot about this since I don't do much baking anymore....Crisco. This
really
> grosses my daughter out.
>
> May

This reminds me of a time when my son (the little scientist) was 7 years old.
He was building himself a slip-n-slide in our yard. Our yard has no hills to
make it work properly. He decided to cover himself with crisco to be slippery
enough to slide. It was a hot and sunny summer day. He was slippery, although,
he sunburned *very* much.

Boy did he learn a lesson (as most little scientists do)!

Darlin'62

MissyMelo

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Armour still makes it and it comes in a jar. It is listed as Ground & Formed
(I never would have guessed) Dried Beef. It's 95% fat free and is 4.5 oz in a
jar with a lid that you have to use the round end of a can opener to uncap. In
case you care, the UPC code # is 17000 01686

Bethers66

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Kraft Mac&Cheese
Spaghetti-O's right out of the can (cold)
Baked Beans right out of the can (cold)
Miracle Whip on sandwiches

-Beth

When you come to the edge of all that you know, you must believe one of two
things; there will be earth upon which to stand, or you will be given wings to
fly.
-Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://members.aol.com/Bethers66.pubpage.htm

Bethers66

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
Hooo yah..... Ketchup on scrambled eggs is the only way to do it. (I dislike
those who put ketchup on their HASH browns.. ick!)

I agree, syrup on French Toast makes my stomach turn. When I was growing up,
my Father made the French toast in our house, and we always ate it with melted
butter and powdered sugar-essentially butter frosting! It was heavenly. I
actually ate it for breakfast yesterday! :)

-Beth

>On Sun, 13 Sep 1998 16:14:13 GMT, wel...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
>
>>In article <01bddecd$46630b80$2cd7...@KKemila.scantech.com>,

>> "Kathy K" <kkemila/notsp...@skantech.net> wrote:
>>> I like ketchup on my eggs, and on French toast. Your daughter sounds
>pretty
>>> wise to me! (The thought of syrup on French toast leaves me cold.)
>>> --
>>>

>>Ketchup on eggs...I vote for that, too!
>>
>>Susan

Bethers66

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
>Mary, take that plain sour cream and dip cheap store-brand potato chips (the
>more salt the better) into it. The first time I heard it I thought
yuck -
>then I tried it. Also good on Cheetos Puffs and Doritos.
>
>Melissa (don't blame me...my daughter's pregnant, she suggested it and I
>tried
>it)

Pretzels are YUMMY dipped in sour cream!

Bethers66

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
I'm embarrassed to say that my Father (raised in Brooklyn, N.Y.) loves to eat
Sardines right out of the can - alone, or on toast. When we were growing
up, the household rule was that he was only allowed to eat them when my mother,
sister and I were out of the house(because of the smell). He also likes
pickled herring right out of the jar.

What IS it with New Yorkers and weird fishes?

It is loading more messages.