The RIGHT raspberry cream-cheese bar recipe

1 view

Kalmia

Dec 10, 2010, 3:16:27 PM12/10/10
I found it - it had been stuffed in the rear of my cookbook shelf.
.
Oven 350F.

Crush 24 GRAHAM CRACKERS fine,
Mix in 5 T melted, UNSALTED BUTTER
Press into 13 inch pan
Bake 12 minutes to set.

Beat 16 oz. softened CREAM CHEESE with
2/3 C SUGAR - til fluffy.
Beat in 3 T. CORNSTARCH
then 2 EGGS
1/4 tsp. SALT
1/2 tsp VANILLA
Dump onto crust and smooth evenly.
Melt 1/2 C RASPBERRY JAM
Drizzle on top, swirl with toothpick

Bake 25 mins. or until puffed.
Let cool in pan
Refridge 3 hr. minimum.
Melt WHITE CHOCOLATE and drizzle on top.
Cut into bars.

I have never made these with blueberry jam, but I bet it'd be good.

Nunya Bidnits

Dec 11, 2010, 1:59:21 PM12/11/10

Sounds great! Do you use confectioners or granular sugar? It may be obvious
to some but I like to make sure. I think I'm gonna do this one today or
tomorrow.

MartyB

Kalmia

Dec 11, 2010, 2:13:55 PM12/11/10
On Dec 11, 1:59 pm, "Nunya Bidnits" <nunyabidn...@eternal-
september.invalid> wrote:

Granular. Plz post how they came out.

Nunya Bidnits

Dec 12, 2010, 11:00:38 AM12/12/10

Well, it's on hold till I get back to the store. I had a package of graham
cracker crumbs that I planned to use so I didn't buy any graham crackers. I
guess I need to cycle my pantry more often. It was a year out of date and
although still sealed, even the outer box smelled rancid.

It's about 200 below zero here in KC today so I'm not anxious for another
trip to the store.

MartyB

Jean B.

Dec 12, 2010, 3:53:37 PM12/12/10
I see that recipe says the crumbs should be fine--but I really
don't like using the packaged crumbs. When I make GC crusts, I do
want SOME texture. The whole effect seems to be so much better.
Sooooo, for, say, 2 c crumbs, I pulverize one sleeve of the graham
crackers (Nabisco) and then add crumbs to make 2 c.... Just sayin'...

--
Jean B.