Request: Cinnabon Recipe

Antoinette Mclaughlin

Aug 16, 1994, 8:40:00 PM8/16/94
Quite a few months back, someone posted a recipe for those wonderfully
sinful and addictive sweet rolls sold in the Cinnabon chain of stores
that nearly duplicated them. Unfortunately, I gave my only copy of the
recipe to someone who, for reasons I won't go into, no longer has it. I
recall that one of the ingredients was instant vanilla pudding, but
don't remember the rest. I think it was called "Stephanie's Cinnamon
Rolls."

If anyone has the recipe and can either post or e-mail it to me, my
entire family will be eternally grateful.

Thanks,
Toni

antoinette...@compudata.com
08/16/94 19:17

Dan Masi

Aug 17, 1994, 9:08:15 AM8/17/94
In article 6...@compudata.com, antoinette...@compudata.com (Antoinette Mclaughlin) writes:
>Quite a few months back, someone posted a recipe for those wonderfully
>sinful and addictive sweet rolls sold in the Cinnabon chain of stores
>that nearly duplicated them.
>If anyone has the recipe and can either post or e-mail it to me, my
>entire family will be eternally grateful.

Reposting... get ready to be eternally grateful!
---
Dan Masi
Mentor Graphics Corp.
da...@warren.mentorg.com

=================================
From: linda...@burbank.com
Subject: YELLOW TINT / CINAMON ROL
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 06:44:24

NE>I would love to find a recipe similar to what his
NE>wife's were like. The funnies thing is that the
NE>bread dough of the rolls had a yellowish tint
NE>to it. Did she use egg yolks? I don't think
NE>margarine and butter could produce enough
NE>margarine and butter could produce this color.

I think the "yellow" color of the rolls was due to the eggs,
and, possibly, the vanilla pudding. This is supposedly a
clone of "Cinnabon's" rolls. I've not tasted Cinnabon's,
but I have made them several times; they're delicious. Hope
you have lots of room to stretch the dough. Stephanie Ramsey
is the woman who formulated the recipe, someone else made
variations, I'll post those in my next few messages.

Oh, I prefer the "Sticky Bun" version...don't care for cream
cheese frosting.

STEPHANIE RAMSEY'S CINNAMON ROLLS
(Makes 20 very large rolls)
---------------------------------
1/2 cup WARM WATER (105- to 110-degrees)
2 pkgs ACTIVE DRY YEAST
2 TBS GRANULATED SUGAR
1 (3-1/2-oz.) pkg INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING
1/2 cup BUTTER, melted
2 EGGS, beaten
1 tsp SALT
8 cups ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
1 cup BUTTER, melted
In small bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Stir until
dissolved. Set aside.

In large bowl, make pudding mix according to package
directions. Add butter, eggs and salt; mix well. Add the
yeast mixture; blend. Gradually add flour and knead until
smooth.

Place in very large greased bowl. Cover and let rise until
double in bulk (about 1 hour).

Punch down and let rise again (about 45 minutes).

On a lightly floured surface, roll out to a 34" x 21"
rectangle. Spread 1 cup of melted butter over surface.
TOPPING
-------
2 cups BROWN SUGAR, firmly packed
4 tsp CINNAMON
In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon together.
Sprinkle all over top of surface. Roll up very tightly.

With a knife, put a notch every 2 inches. With string or
thread, place under roll by notch and criss-cross over to
cut roll (makes a nice clean cut).

Place on greased baking pan, 2-inches apart. Lightly press
rolls down with your hands (just a LITTLE, it helps to hold
them together better).

Cover and let rise until double again.

Bake at 350-degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. Take them out when
they JUST start to turn golden. DON'T OVER BAKE! Frost warm
rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting.
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
---------------------
1 (8 oz) pkg CREAM CHEESE, softened
1/2 cup BUTTER, softened
1 tsp VANILLA
3 cups POWDERED SUGAR
1 TBS MILK, just enough to fluff (approx)
Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread on very
warm rolls. Rolls are best when served warm.

Be right back with the variations...

Linda/BDT Burbank, CA (USA) (
( ) )
Internet address: linda...@burbank.com ) ( )
(aka BZ Baker) .....
.:::::::::.
~\_______/~

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ ...from Shake 'n' Bake Country...

Article: 97965 of rec.food.cooking
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: linda...@burbank.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 06:44:26

Here's the first version (my fav). My mom had a garbage (aka
garage) sale and I sold the rolls (free coffee, of course)
:) for $1.00 each and sold all of them. One guy bought one,
headed to his car before tasting it and came back for 2 more
...tell you how good they are?

CINNABON CARAMEL STICKY ROLLS
-----------------------------
1 recipe STEPHANIE RAMSEY'S CINNABON ROLLS
1 cup BUTTER
1 cup BROWN SUGAR
9 TBS LIGHT CORN SYRUP
1 cup PECANS or WALNUTS, coarsely chopped nuts
In a sauce pan or in your microwave oven combine butter,
brown sugar and corn syrup. Heat and stir until blended.
Pour topping into the bottom of the pan (pans) you are using
for the rolls, place unbaked cinnamon rolls on top on the
caramel sauce.

Allow to rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1
hour).

Preheat oven to 350-degrees.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown.

After removing pans from oven, cover with foil; invert onto
cooling racks, cool 1 minute, and remove pan.

Cool before serving.

You could cut Stephanie's dough in half and also cut the
caramel sauce in half, and make half Caramel rolls and half
of the frosted rolls, or still you could make the other half
the Cinnabon Bubble loaf too, or just make a big batch of
the Cinnabon sticky rolls!!!!!!!! So many options!!

Linda/BDT Burbank, CA (USA) (
( ) )
Internet address: linda...@burbank.com ) ( )
(aka BZ Baker) .....
.:::::::::.
~\_______/~

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ ...reincarnated Mexican :)

Article: 97966 of rec.food.cooking
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: linda...@burbank.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 94 06:44:27

This is the last one...

CINNABON APPLE NUT BUBBLE LOAF
------------------------------
1/2 recipe STEPHANIE RAMSEY'S CINNABON DOUGH
1 cup BROWN SUGAR
3 tsp CINNAMON
1 cup PECANS or WALNUTS, finely chopped
1/2 cup BUTTER or MARGARINE, melted
1 or 2 GREEN APPLES, peeled & chopped
Make Stephanie's cinnabon dough recipe up to second rising.

In a medium bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon, stir in
ground nuts, set aside. In another medium size bowl, melt
butter in microwave.

Divide dough into four pieces, take each 4th and pinch off
about a one inch part, roll into a smooth ball, dip into
butter, then roll in brown sugar mixture, place in a greased
loaf pan or bundt pan. Continue til bottom of pan is covered
with balls, sprinkle chopped apples on top and continue
rolling balls in butter and brown sugar and layer them on
top of other balls. Leave enough room in pan (pans?) for
rising.

Place in a warm place and allow to double in size.

Preheat oven to 350-degrees.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until just starting to turn
brown.

After baking cool, and drizzle Stephanie's cream cheese
frosting over top of balls, adding a little more milk to
frosting recipe so it will pour

Can be served warm or cold. We like to reheat ours in the
microwave!!!!

P.S. You can omit the apples and or nuts and the cinnamon
balls are great too.

Let me know which one is your fav?

Linda/BDT Burbank, CA (USA) (
( ) )
Internet address: linda...@burbank.com ) ( )
(aka BZ Baker) .....
.:::::::::.
~\_______/~

---
þ SLMR 2.1a þ ...the BZ Baker in BDT/Burbank, CA

Ted Taylor

Aug 18, 1994, 3:26:28 AM8/18/94
AM> From: antoinette...@compudata.com
AM> (Antoinette Mclaughlin)

AM> Quite a few months back, someone posted a recipe for those wonderfully
AM> sinful and addictive sweet rolls sold in the Cinnabon chain of stores
AM> that nearly duplicated them. Unfortunately, I gave my only copy of
AM> the recipe to someone who, for reasons I won't go into, no longer has
AM> it. I recall that one of the ingredients was instant vanilla pudding,
AM> but don't remember the rest. I think it was called "Stephanie's
AM> Cinnamon Rolls."

You asked for it, you got it. (See below.) Short story: a good friend used
to own and operate "Brusseau's of Edmonds," an excellent small restaurant in
Edmonds, WA. Knowing of her delightin cinnamon rolls, including her willing-
ness to go /anywhere/ in the world as an ambassador-without-portfolio (but
with five-pound bags of cinnamon), I mentioned Cinnabon to her recently, and
commented that when I first saw a Cinnabon store I immediately thought of
her.
She whipped open a desk drawer and pulled out a folder, and showed me the
concept photos and recipes which she had prepared, under contract, to the
company that owns the Cinnabon operation -- she had, in fact, created not
only the stores and the employee costumes, but also all of their recipes!

Next time I run across her recipe (on paper), I'll also post her own,
personal
cinnamon roll recipe -- with no claim that it's what Cinnabon sells, but a
guarantee that it makes fabulous rolls.

Here's the Cinnabon-type roll recipe:

Preheat oven to 350-degrees.

Cool before serving.