REC: Almond Bars

1 view

Damsel in dis Dress

Feb 21, 2001, 12:41:44 PM2/21/01
* Exported from MasterCook *

Almond Bars

Recipe By :Carol's Cookbook
Serving Size : 24 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : bars

----First Layer----
2 cups flour
1 cup butter -- softened
4 tablespoons water
----Second Layer----
8 ounces cream cheese -- softened
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
----Frosting----
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons almond extract
----Garnish----
1/4 cup sliced almonds

FIRST LAYER:
1. Combine all ingredients and pat into a 9x11-inch pan.
2. Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes.

SECOND LAYER:
1. Beat cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and almond extract together while first
layer is baking.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture on hot crust later, being sure to cover the
crust completely.
3. Bake at 350F for an additional 15-20 minutes, until slightly browned on
edges.
4. Cool before frosting.

FROSTING:
1. Beat until creamy, adding more milk if necessary.
2. Spread on *cooled* bars, and sprinkle with sliced almonds.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 248 Calories (kcal); 15g Total Fat; (53% calories from fat);
3g
Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 62mg Cholesterol; 140mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3
Fat;
1 Other Carbohydrates

Damsel
--
Damsel's Unofficial Web Home of RFC:
http://home.att.net/~edible-complex/rfc/

satanic dog-polisher

Feb 22, 2001, 1:22:21 PM2/22/01
On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:41:44 GMT, Damsel in dis Dress
<head_t...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Almond Bars

ooo, that's sounds like a "yum", damsel, I must try these.

since I'm in a nutty mood, here's one I like:

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Bars

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 cup butter, softened
½ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups light corn syrup
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate
¼ cup bourbon
4 eggs, beaten
1 ½ tsp vanilla
3 cups pecans, chopped

Heat oven to 350°. Grease bottom & sides of 9"-by-13" baking dish. In
a large mixing bowl, beat flour, ½ cup sugar, butter & salt at medium
speed until mixture resembles course crumbs. Press firmly & evenly
into pan. Bake for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a 3 qt saucepan, stir corn syrup and chocolate over low
heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat. Stir in bourbon,
remaining sugar, eggs, and vanilla until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour
over crust and spread evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is
firm around the edges. Cool before cutting. Makes 24 bars.