Fruit Salad Recipes wanted

1 view

SUSAN

Jul 27, 2001, 12:24:59 PM7/27/01
I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
that are easy to make. Susan

Boron Elgar

Jul 27, 2001, 1:27:21 PM7/27/01

wash a variety of summer fruit
peel as necessary
remove pits, seeds or stones
cut into bite-size pieces
place in bowl
eat

It couldn't be easier.

Boron

Michael Odom

Jul 27, 2001, 3:58:30 PM7/27/01

Yep. Last night it was Pecos cantaloupe, Mexican mango, and Parker
County freestone peaches.

M.Odom is at modom at koyote dot com

"It serve you right to suffer."
-- John Lee Hooker

Dimitri

Jul 27, 2001, 2:02:54 PM7/27/01

"SUSAN" <Kindhea...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
> that are easy to make. Susan

Please, what is your idea of a fruit salad?
Canned fruit?
Fresh fruit?
Lost of melon?
No Melon?
With a dressing?
Without dressing?
Something tasty?
Something pretty?

A little help from you and you can get a lot of help in return.

Dimitri

Tina Mongkolsmai

Jul 27, 2001, 2:39:27 PM7/27/01
Dimitri, My mind just didn't break all that down at once. :) I'd forgotten
how varied fruit salad could be.. Thanks :)

Susan, here's what I thought of: (because I make these kinds)

Fresh fruit tossed with lemon juice, sugar and lemon zest.
Canned fruit (in my case sliced peaches, cut up, and standard canned fruit
salad with the pears removed (my husband doesn't like them and I indulge by
eating the pears myself hehe, and optionally some mandarin oranges, drained,
and drained crushed pineapple - I drink the juice squeezed out or use it for
some other purpose) .. I drain all fruit juice well, and toss with a mix
of... freshly-whipped cream, folded into some vanilla yogurt,
mini-marshmallows are optional.

That reminds me, I make pina coladas using the frozen Bacardi stuff but I
add canned crushed pineapple. :) And some rum (but not much).

Tina

Naomi Lynne Pardue

Jul 27, 2001, 4:00:28 PM7/27/01
SUSAN <Kindhea...@webtv.net> wrote:
> I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
> that are easy to make. Susan

One of my favorites is sliced bananas, green grapes and frozen sweetened
strawberries. Very easy and good.

Naomi

Cyndi

Jul 27, 2001, 5:58:22 PM7/27/01
Curried Fruit

Southern Living - edited version Serving Size : 8

29 oz canned sliced peaches, drained
29 oz canned sliced pears, drained
20 oz canned pineapple chunks, drained
15 oz canned apricot halves, drained
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/3 c butter, melted
2 T curry powder

Combine fruit in large casserole dish. Combine brown sugar and curry powder
and spoon over fruit. Pour melted butter on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30
minutes.

This is great served just slightly warmer than room temperature.

--
Cyndi

pfoley

Jul 27, 2001, 8:11:46 PM7/27/01
fruit salad 1

1 large can of drained chopped peaches
1 large can of drained fruit cocktail
2 sliced bananas dipped in lemon juice
1 large can of drained sweetened crushed pineapple
1 or 2 cans drained mandarin oranges
1/2 - 1 whole dry package of instant pistachio pudding mix
1 large whole container of Cool Whip

fruit salad 2

fresh green grapes
Cool Whip
Brown Sugar to taste

Serve in glass goblets

fruit salad 3

cantaloupe cut in small chunks
watermelon cut in small chunks
pineapple cut in small chunks
fresh blueberries (add these when ready to serve)
honeydew melon cut in small chunks
some orange juice (about 1 cup)
about 1/4 cup sugar

Mix all together
"Dimitri" <Dimi...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

The Joneses

Jul 28, 2001, 2:07:16 AM7/28/01
This one's pretty simple, but tasty in a bland sort of way. Was a
favorite with kids because it didn't have weird "roots and berries" in
it. Might want to try it with very highly seasoned food.

Cook a box or bag of large shell macaroni, drain, rinse until cool.
Add one #10 can of fruit cocktail, drained. Drink juice before kids see
you.
Stir in a spoonful or two of mayo.
Stir in a little chopped celery or apple if you want.

Billy

Jul 28, 2001, 7:45:27 AM7/28/01
Kindhea...@webtv.net (SUSAN) wrote:

>I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
>that are easy to make. Susan

Buy fruit,..wash, peel and put in bowl. Want to get extra fancy...sprinkle
chopped pecans, or coconut over top. Add some mandarin oranges and a splash of
Grand Marnier or Triple Sec.

C. L. Gifford

Jul 29, 2001, 3:48:42 AM7/29/01

"SUSAN" <Kindhea...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
> that are easy to make. Susan

I eat this often. No name for it. I peel and section 3 navel
oranges. I then cut the sections in half through their width
and put them in a bowl. I add "what looks to be enough"
sweetened shredded coconut and mix. Then I juice 1 more orange
and add enough juice to moisten the mixture of oranges and
coconut well. I then let it macerate in the refrigerator for a
couple of hours. I like it cold when served. Not much easier
than that. A little orange liquor added to the juice is very
nice. I tried using Malibu once and liked that too but I can't
keep Malibu in the house anymore as I have no control in it's
presence.

Charlie

Goomba38

Jul 29, 2001, 9:11:31 AM7/29/01
"C. L. Gifford" wrote:

> I eat this often. No name for it. I peel and section 3 navel
> oranges. I then cut the sections in half through their width
> and put them in a bowl. I add "what looks to be enough"
> sweetened shredded coconut and mix. Then I juice 1 more orange
> and add enough juice to moisten the mixture of oranges and
> coconut well. I then let it macerate in the refrigerator for a
> couple of hours. I like it cold when served. Not much easier
> than that. A little orange liquor added to the juice is very
> nice. I tried using Malibu once and liked that too but I can't
> keep Malibu in the house anymore as I have no control in it's
> presence.
>
> Charlie

Sounds like a classic ambrosia to meeeeeeeeeeeeee :)
Goomba

pfoley

Jul 29, 2001, 4:31:15 PM7/29/01
Another very tasty fruit dish can be made very easily using fresh ripe
orange sections and sliced bananas and sugar for sweetness.
My mother used to make that one a lot.

"pfoley" <pfo...@ici.net> wrote in message

DebbieGrrrl

Jul 29, 2001, 8:25:31 PM7/29/01
In article <Pk_87.18790$j02.2...@news.goodnet.com>, "pfoley" <pfo...@ici.net>
writes:

>Another very tasty fruit dish can be made very easily using fresh ripe
>orange sections and sliced bananas and sugar for sweetness.
>My mother used to make that one a lot.

did the orange have enough citrus in it to keep the bananas from turning brown?
Juct curious, because it sounds realy good. I think I would add some
strawberries, too. :)
Debbie...
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me.

C. L. Gifford

Jul 30, 2001, 2:19:07 AM7/30/01

"Goomba38" <goom...@home.com> wrote in message

Not to me. It would have to have those little marshmallows and
sour cream in it.

Charlie

Thierry Gerbault

Jul 30, 2001, 2:48:53 AM7/30/01
In article <9k2u8r$9...@dispatch.concentric.net>, taxi...@dublin.com
says...

Then it's NOT ambrosia!

--
Thierry Gerbault

(remove NOSPAM from address to reply)

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.

Denise~*

Jul 30, 2001, 2:46:00 AM7/30/01

>> I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
>> that are easy to make. Susan

This is what my mom does

Bananas: Pealed & sliced
Green & Red seedless grapes: cut in half
Apples: Pealed, Cored & Chopped
Pears: Pealed, Cored & chopped (can use canned if desired)
Pineapple Chunks: (from a can) do not use fresh!
Mixed fruit: from a can, drain & reserve juice
Maraschino Cherries: from a can/jar, cut in half, drain & reserve
juice
Mandarin Oranges: from a can, drain & reserve juice
and any other fruit you would like to add.

The reserved juices can be drained into the same container

Add cornstarch to 1/2 cup of reserved juice/s. shake in a sealed
tupperware to mix (or use a whisk). Pour in a sauce pan with more of
the reserved juice and simmer, constantly stirring until thickened.
Let cool.
Mix in with fruit once cooled. Keep any leftover reserved juice in
case you might need to thin our the thickened juice.

I know I don't have measurements. this recipe depends on how much
fruit salad you are wanting, The thickened juice should only be
enough to make a nice "coating" over all of the fruit.

My mom always makes a large batch of the fruit, using 2/3 for the
recipe above & the rest for a nice "cool whip" fruit salad.

Denise & Brian (and Spaz & Bobbi, the feathered ones)

Brain: "Are you pondering what I am pondering?"
Pinky: "I think so Brain, but where are we going to find a duck and a horse at this hour?"

SPAZ is not needed to reply

Darkginger

Jul 30, 2001, 3:47:25 AM7/30/01

SUSAN <Kindhea...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
> that are easy to make. Susan

Here's one I 'invented' recently when I came into possession of a melon
baller...

As many different types of melons as you can lay your hands on (that's
laying myself open for a Sheldon comment!) - I used Galia, Honeydew, and
Charentais <sp?>
A punnet of strawberries
A kiwi fruit
Some seedless white grapes
Maple syrup
Rosewater

Ball the melons <g>, slice the strawberries and kiwis, halve the grapes. Mix
together in a bowl, and add a teaspoonful of the maple syrup, and about a
dessertspoonful of the rosewater. Leave in the fridge until ready to eat,
then pour of any excess liquid, and serve. Simple, refreshing, and tastes
good...

Jo

Young

Jul 30, 2001, 8:12:19 AM7/30/01
Denise~* wrote:

> >> I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
> >> that are easy to make. Susan
>
> This is what my mom does
>
> Bananas: Pealed & sliced
> Green & Red seedless grapes: cut in half
> Apples: Pealed, Cored & Chopped
> Pears: Pealed, Cored & chopped (can use canned if desired)

My word, you have a lot of bells in your salad!

(laugh) Just kidding around, Denise.

nancy

aec

Jul 30, 2001, 2:31:33 PM7/30/01
Kindhea...@webtv.net (SUSAN) wrote in message news:<16962-3B6...@storefull-116.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

> I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
> that are easy to make. Susan

I had a kind-of fruit salad at a party once. Fresh peaches, peeled and
sliced in half, soaking in red wine. Or maybe it was the sangria...?
Either way it was good good good. And you don't get much easier than
that!
Anne

Denise~*

Jul 30, 2001, 7:06:57 PM7/30/01
On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:12:19 -0400, Young <qwe...@mail.monmouth.com>
wrote:

>My word, you have a lot of bells in your salad!
>
>(laugh) Just kidding around, Denise.
>
>nancy

Ack! I knew something didn't look right. It is a yummy salad though!

C. L. Gifford

Jul 31, 2001, 4:36:29 AM7/31/01

"Thierry Gerbault" <thierry_...@worldnet.att.net> wrote
in message news:MPG.15ceb13c2...@netnews.att.net...

Eh? Which is not ambrosia? You've lost me with your economy of
words I'm afraid.

Charlie

Marcia DeCaro

Aug 1, 2001, 2:30:28 PM8/1/01
In article <16962-3B6...@storefull-116.iap.bryant.webtv.net>, Kindhea...@webtv.net (SUSAN) wrote:
>I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
>that are easy to make. Susan

Cut fresh fruits of your choice into bite size pieces. Add enough of one jar
of apricot baby food and toss to coat.

The apricot baby food helps keep the fruit from turning brown.

Marcia

Denise~*

Aug 9, 2001, 1:34:13 AM8/9/01

Forgot a few ingredients. When you thicken the juice, you don't want
to use all the juice and you want to add some lemon juice & sugar
beforehand to give it a "sweet & sour" taste. I have helped my mom
with the fruit & never really made the juice, so I kinda didn't know
about the extra ingredients (lemon & sugar). I knew about the
thickening part though :)

>>> I am looking for some fruit salad recipes
>>> that are easy to make. Susan
>

>This is what my mom does
>

>Bananas: Peeled & sliced

>Green & Red seedless grapes: cut in half

>Apples: Peeled, Cored & Chopped
>Pears: Peeled, Cored & chopped (can use canned if desired)

>Pineapple Chunks: (from a can) do not use fresh!
>Mixed fruit: from a can, drain & reserve juice
>Maraschino Cherries: from a can/jar, cut in half, drain & reserve juice
>Mandarin Oranges: from a can, drain & reserve juice
>and any other fruit you would like to add.
>
>The reserved juices can be drained into the same container
>
>Add cornstarch to 1/2 cup of reserved juice/s. shake in a sealed tupperware to mix (or use a whisk). Pour in a sauce pan with more of the reserved juice and simmer, constantly stirring until thickened. Let cool.
>Mix in with fruit once cooled. Keep any leftover reserved juice in case you might need to thin our the thickened juice.
>
>I know I don't have measurements. this recipe depends on how much fruit salad you are wanting, The thickened juice should only be enough to make a nice "coating" over all of the fruit.
>
>My mom always makes a large batch of the fruit, using 2/3 for the recipe above & the rest for a nice "cool whip" fruit salad.

Denise & Brian (and Spaz & Bobbi, the feathered ones)

"I've got a Popper... we could start his heart with it now or party with it later."
-The 'ludes' girl from Up in Smoke