Canned Tiny Shrimp

M.K.

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
Does anyone have recipes for the canned tiny shrimp?

Alyson

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
Use them in the crab dip recipe posted earlier instead of the crabmeat.
Also, you can use them in empanada's, in a shrimp pasta, in a tossed green
salad or Caesar salad, just throw them on top.
Alyson
www.cooksco.com

M.K. <j...@centurytel.net> wrote in message

A Ferszt

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00

"M.K." wrote:

> Does anyone have recipes for the canned tiny shrimp?

After rinsing the brine off make salads, put on open-faced
sandwiches, add to soup etc. Also when I was a kid, I used
to buy a can, portion it and freeze it and feed the shrimp
to my tropical fish. They loved it.

GREEN MONSTER

Sep 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/28/00
Hey you alyson. Are you following me round or something?

"Alyson" <aly...@netcom.ca> wrote in message

> Use them in the crab dip recipe posted earlier instead of the crabmeat.
> Also, you can use them in empanada's, in a shrimp pasta, in a tossed green
> salad or Caesar salad, just throw them on top.
> Alyson
> www.cooksco.com

ginnyp

Sep 28, 2000, 10:30:26 PM9/28/00
I like to use them in scrambled eggs with some onion and bean
sprouts.........good in macaroni salad, green salad........

Jill McQuown

Sep 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/29/00
"M.K." <j...@centurytel.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have recipes for the canned tiny shrimp?

Thai Dumplings

3 oz. flaked crabmeat
6 oz. ground pork
6 large shrimp, minced (substitute 1 can tiny shrimp or tiny frozen salad
shrimp)
1 Tbs. water
1/4 tsp. garlic salt (I use 1 small clove minced garlic)
1-1/2 Tbs. cornstarch
1 large egg
1-1/2 Tbs. light soy sauce
1 Tbs. peanut oil
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 pkg. wonton wrappers

Combine all ingredients except wonton wrappers. Hold a wonton wrapper in
the palm of hand. Place 1 Tbs. or so of filling in center. Fold two
corners up to meet in the middle. Pinch to seal. Fold the other two
corners up to the middle. They will look like heads of garlic when folded
in the middle. Seal with fingers moistened with water. Repeat until all
filling is used. Some wrappers will be left over.

Place dumplings in an oiled steamer basket. Bring water to a boil in a deep
pot. Place steamer over boiling water. Turn heat down to a simmer. Cover
and simmer (steam) 20-25 minutes. (Try to avoid eating all the dumplings as
they are taken from the basket!) Serve with dipping sauce of your choice.

Simple Dipping Sauce:

4 Tbs. white wine vinegar
2 Tbs. hot water
1 tsp. sugar
2 Tbs. dark soy sauce
2 Tbs. thinly sliced ginger root

Blend all ingredients together. Let sit about 30 minutes. Use as a dipping
sauce for dumplings.

Jill