Mimi's Visit

Mary f(pud)

Aug 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/3/96

Well it was a super time! I think everyone enjoyed themselves!

We didn't have a whole rfc crew (sorry but It just would have been
to hectic, hope people forgive me :-( ).

I did surf and turf on the grill and corn. Mimi brought a bread salad,
from the Frugal gourmet that she has doctored (I'm sure she'll post it,
or it might be on her web page already). Lauretta and Mark brought
bruchetta (did it on the grill :-) ), with mint chutney cream cheese,
and olive oil and fresh mozzarella. Also a salad with strawberries and
almonds. I'll await the post. Sue and Bill Hutt brought bubble wands
for the kids (great toy), a super crab mold, um...what else? Oh fresh
tomatoes with basil (yummm!). Mary P. brought out of this world trifle
and peach shortcake, wickledy delicious! Hopefully she post the trifle
recipe, or mail it to me for posting. What else, I know I'm forgetting
something!

There was lots of chatting and great eating! And Drink. As promised I
got delightfully tipsy (after a horrible week). Stephen and Marshall were
in great form too! How can 2 little boys make so much noise :-). Overall
a great time! Thanks everyone!
--
Mary f. (hey...cut that out...these are jeans, not a tree trunk,
although, Bernie does call them sticks!)
|,4- -,_. , ( `'-'
'-~~''(_/~~' `-'\_)
It's a widdle,widdle, widdle pud (hey, Simba, look mom is part
scratching post!! Keeeewwwwl!)
http://home.earthlink.net/~maryf

Lauretta Nagel

Aug 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/3/96

Mary f is waaay too modest. Despite a nerve-wracking
week, she was the most gracious and outgoing of hostesses!
And far more calm than *I* would have been in her place!

Anyway, the salad Mary mentioned is pretty easy - I adapted
it from something I had a Paolo's here in Baltimore, crossed
with two recipes at home, one from a Pilsbury cookbook (those
monthly items at the checkout) and Food & Wine's cookbook.

Dressing - Dijon sortof vinagrette.
Lemon Juice (instead of vinegar)
Light Oil (canola,etc)
2 tsp Dijon Mustard - a GOOD one.

Salad itself
Cleaned sliced strawberries
Feta
Sliced or Slivered Toasted Almonds
Spinach

Hey Mary, you want to explain your technique for
grilled lobster? Now that I've tried it for the first time,
I want to try making it too. :) (Man the fire engines!)
--
Lauretta M. Nagel
na...@stsci.edu

also Alto I with the Baltimore Symphony Chorus

Sue Hutt

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

We had a wonderful time!

Mary was a perfect hostess, grill tender and corn cooker. Everything
came out well.
She had a beautiful yard too, with small twinkly lights to light up
our night.
The food was fabulous and it was a pleasure to meet Mimi and J.B.
It is great to finally put a face to someone with whom you have
corresponded
I hope she will post her salad recipe when she gets home.

Lauretta, your salad was great. I had leftovers last night and
realized I hadn't taken any dressing! Glad you posted the recipe.
I liked the Bruschetta so much, we had some before dinner last night!

Mary, I have to have the Trifle recipe! I would also like the Challah
recipe you and Mary discussed.

I will put the recipe for the Crab and Shrimp Mold in a separate post.

Thanks again Mary for a wonderful evening.
Sue
-----
I cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food!

Sue Hutt

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

Here is my Crab and Shrimp Mold.
I have also made this in small containers and frozen them. So
convenient to pull out when company comes, and not too bad!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Shrimp and Crab Mold

Recipe By : Sue
Serving Size : 15 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : Appetizers

2 cups shrimp -- boiled,peeled,cut up
1 pound crab meat ***
2 cups celery -- chopped fine
1 teaspoon onion -- chopped fine
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chile sauce
1 clove garlic -- minced
4 Tablespoons cold water
2 envelopes gelatin
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt

Dissolve gelatin in cold water. Dissolve over low heat.

Combine all ingredients in mold and stir lightly

Serve with Party Rye Bread.

*** original recipe called for 1 can.