Glue for paper and fabric

kassy

Dec 6, 2005, 8:21:58 AM12/6/05
I am making greeting cards and decorating with pieces of fabric. What
is the best type of glue to use to avoid "rippling" of the paper? I
bought a tacky glue for fabric and paper, but I am still getting a bit
of that wavy look.

Your help will be appreciated.

Kassy

Brenda Lewis

Dec 6, 2005, 8:24:56 AM12/6/05
Are you brushing the glue out to just a very thin layer? Excess glue
causes rippling.

--
Brenda
Bilge Queen of Puzzle Pirates

kassy

Dec 6, 2005, 9:16:50 AM12/6/05
I suspect you are correct - that I'm using too much glue. The glue I
am using is VERY thick so doesn't brush out well. Do you have a
favorite glue?

Thanks!

Cheryl Isaak

Dec 6, 2005, 9:44:14 AM12/6/05
On 12/6/05 9:16 AM, in article
1133878610....@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "kassy"
<kass...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Try thinning it with water if you are using a white glue! Heavy duty double
stick tape works on small areas!

Cheryl

Dianne Lewandowski

Dec 6, 2005, 10:40:42 AM12/6/05
I use Avery's "Glue Stic" for many things and it works beautifully
without rippling. There are other brands which work just as well . . .
just happened to have this one at my fingertips.

Dianne

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Barbara Hass

Dec 6, 2005, 1:05:33 PM12/6/05

When using fabric on cards, I prefer to use a roller glue, such as Tombo
or Herma, found in scrapbooking/craft stores. It obviously doesn't roll
quite as well on fabric as on paper, but the roller still works with a
tiny bit more patience, and I've never had fabric come off.

Barbara

Catherine Milton

Dec 7, 2005, 4:37:02 AM12/7/05
In South Africa we get a spray glue - I forget who makes it. 3M I think.
Do you get such a thing there? It's expensive, but VERY efficient.

Catherine

"Cheryl Isaak" <chery...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

kassy

Dec 9, 2005, 3:08:29 PM12/9/05
Yes, we do have various spray glues. I've used one for "basting" quilt
tops to the batting.

Thank you,

Kassy