Im back

Gunner Asch

Mar 20, 2009, 11:14:02 PM3/20/09
I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
should go and get
checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.

So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.

Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.

Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.

Gunner

Up North

Mar 20, 2009, 11:18:35 PM3/20/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message
Welcome back Gunner! I wish you the best.
Steve

Jeff Mc

Mar 20, 2009, 11:19:22 PM3/20/09
Gunner Asch wrote:
> I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday.

> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.

I see your most recent brush with mortality has mellowed you <VBG>

Hang in there, my friend. My prayers go with you.

Jeff Mc

F. George McDuffee

Mar 21, 2009, 12:29:08 AM3/21/09
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:14:02 -0700, Gunner Asch
<gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
<snip>

>Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>

>Gunner
-----------
Good to see you feeling better.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

Ivan Vegvary

Mar 20, 2009, 11:30:06 PM3/20/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message
Best wishes Gunner!!!

Ivan Vegvary

BottleBob

Mar 20, 2009, 11:33:58 PM3/20/09

Gunner Asch wrote:
> I had a stroke...

> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>
> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.

Gunner:

It's cool that you're out. So just looking for minor details, is your
speech affected? How about motor skills? Like tying shoe laces? Or
typing?

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Bruno

Mar 20, 2009, 11:42:42 PM3/20/09
Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

Welcome back, Gunner. Glad you're feeling better!

-Bruno

Martin H. Eastburn

Mar 20, 2009, 11:45:36 PM3/20/09
Take care there Gunner -

Things are going crazy out here as well. Slowing down.

Got my Rock Island Vice cleaned up and cold zinc'd then copper hammer painted.

The cotton picking good vice is so tight - big one - the sliding back
that the front jaw attached to - and rides on the lead screw - is rubbing
off paint down to metal. The paint will fill minor areas of wear.

No slop in this baby.

The only issue was a missing face on one of the jaws. Dad milled
an Aluminum one years ago. Just found out why he chose Al. Softer
jaw not to crush stuff.

I'll try to post a picture one of these days.

Martin

Too_Many_Tools

Mar 20, 2009, 11:59:21 PM3/20/09

Good to see you back.

Remember when I said something was wrong?

TMT

T.Alan Kraus

Mar 21, 2009, 12:01:27 AM3/21/09
Welcome back! We missed you
cheers
T.Alan

BobH

Mar 21, 2009, 12:01:54 AM3/21/09

Good Luck, I hope you feel better soon.

BobH

Pete Keillor

Mar 21, 2009, 12:04:39 AM3/21/09
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:14:02 -0700, Gunner Asch
<gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

I hope you fully recover. Best wishes,

Pete Keillor

Buerste

Mar 21, 2009, 12:04:53 AM3/21/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

HOLY CRAP! You're one hard motherfucker to kill...good thing, I still need
plenty of favors from you. Please convalesce in peace and comfort for a
while before you go balls-to-the-wall again. Let me know if you want
anything, I have a small boatload of DVDs if you like and hundreds of books.
If Yellow Perch or Walleye were in season I'd send some. Your timing is
off.

SteveB

Mar 21, 2009, 12:09:18 AM3/21/09

> "Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message
>>I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
>> Thursday.

Welcome to the twelve inch zipper club.

Steve, CABGX5 AVR (coronary artery bypass on 5 arteries, Aortic Valve
Replaced) June 19, 2002

Ignoramus16945

Mar 21, 2009, 12:30:01 AM3/21/09
Gunner, I think that by now you ran out of all unhealthy things that
could happen to you, and as you know shells do not hit the same hole
twice. So, hopefully all will be well from now on. Good luck.

Don Foreman

Mar 21, 2009, 12:37:19 AM3/21/09
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:14:02 -0700, Gunner Asch
<gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

Hang in there, GI. Gettin' old is not for candyasses. I had a quint
bypass, you could only get a mere triple so you hadda go have a stroke
to keep up? Tawk about competitive, geez! Goddamned kids...

Message has been deleted

Gerald Miller

Mar 21, 2009, 1:36:33 AM3/21/09
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:14:02 -0700, Gunner Asch
<gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

My English (Other London) DiL would say "Keep your pecker up!)
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Wes

Mar 21, 2009, 2:02:55 AM3/21/09
Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

>Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
>Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.

I see you still have your sense of humor, hang in there and try to give your body time to
heal up.

Wes

Stupendous Man

Mar 21, 2009, 2:45:27 AM3/21/09
Hang in there. You have to go to the Metal Meet in Madera weekend of June
19. We can kick each other in the shins or something.
let me know your driving routes, i want to keep my motorcycle out of the
way.
--
Stupendous Man,

Bay Area Holdout

Mar 21, 2009, 3:15:06 AM3/21/09

> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>
> Gunner

Always enjoyed your posts......
That last line tells me it's really you and not some imposter!

Glad you are working through these medical issues before Obama-Care is your
single source for medical care. Though I'm sure you'd prefer to not have to
address them at all.

Take care and get healthy,

BAHO

earwax museum

Mar 21, 2009, 4:18:34 AM3/21/09

"Bay Area Holdout" <Line...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

He's been dead mentally for at least ten years already suggest let his
rotting corpse rest imn peace.

<plonk>

Alan Erskine

Mar 21, 2009, 4:15:03 AM3/21/09
"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message
>I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get
> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home

Lucky it wasn't a pedestrian.

Now, how are you going to survive if TSHTF?

dav19...@nowhere.com

Mar 21, 2009, 5:35:17 AM3/21/09
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:14:02 -0700, Gunner Asch
<gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

>Thanks for those who cared.
>

>Gunner

We all need to care. Best of wishes for a speedy recovery.
Dave

Ginny

Mar 21, 2009, 6:06:09 AM3/21/09

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Take care.

--
Ginny - In West Australia

kfvorwerk

Mar 21, 2009, 6:13:49 AM3/21/09

Bad luck there. Good luck in the future.
Karl

Karl Townsend

Mar 21, 2009, 7:38:53 AM3/21/09
Looks like you're a hard man to kill. Glad to see you back on this side of
the grass.

BTW, I've always wondered, are you an old gunnery sergeant? Gunner being a
pretty common nickname for the position.

Karl

Steve Walker

Mar 21, 2009, 7:46:24 AM3/21/09
Gunner Asch wrote:
> I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get
> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>
> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>

> Gunner

Hey there. Glad to see you back. Take it easy and don't over exert
yourself and try not to get too excited. Do not yield to temptation by
the trolls. <G>

--
Steve Walker
Fusi...@verizonwallet.com (remove wallet to reply)

joel...@aol.com

Mar 21, 2009, 8:30:43 AM3/21/09
Gunner, our prayers are with you - I had a mitral valve replacement
followed by a stroke last April, then rolled my wife's new truck.
We're up and running, actually getting back in the shop and shooting a
little, so hang in there - you'll get better from the stroke, but it
seems slow sometimes.... Joel in Florida
=========

None4U

Mar 21, 2009, 8:23:29 AM3/21/09

"Steve Walker" <fusi...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Diesell wrote: Yea the group isnt the same without you. I dont wish bad
health on anybody. I think your prognosis may be good. I work with a 53
year old guy who I call the dirty dozen. He has 12 stints and he's an ornry
bastard. What kind of car you hit..

Stormin Mormon

Mar 21, 2009, 8:38:53 AM3/21/09
Must be going around. My Dad had a heart attack a couple
weeks ago, and my Mom was in the hospital with what might
have been a mini stroke, recently.

As the son of an editor, I'll punctuate that string of
characters for you.

From the bottom of my heart, fuck you back. Not many people
get the Irish blessing from me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago
last Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center

suggested I should go and get checked-up; and.... thanks!
for coming by. and: getting released. now, wheres the
fucking door? and ;) you need to leave. now! thank
you.... verddy.... veddy much.

John Husvar

Mar 21, 2009, 9:18:08 AM3/21/09
In article <gbm8s4907h2iajv1g...@4ax.com>,
Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

> I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get

> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyounee
> dtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.

Goddamit, Gunner, quit that! The Church needs you!

Good luck and get well, my friend.

Proctologically Violated©®

Mar 21, 2009, 9:43:02 AM3/21/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message
>I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get
> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then

Hopefully the car you hit belonged to a liberal/democrat....

> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.

There are at least 3 people stumping for PBS on brain health, and the
nutrition thereof. Dr. Amen (amenclinics.com) is one, there are two others.
And what's good for the brain is good for the body. Think vitamins, dude,
vitamins.

> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.

Well, while convalescing, mebbe cogitate on why so many don't. I suspect
some of them are even conservatives/RePubes.

But, as Bottle pointed out, a muthafucka that takes in stray cats cain't be
all bad.

But some, apparently, disagree.

I actually came to your defense recently, said nice things about you. Can't
remember what they were, tho, as I may have been stretching a bit....

Hopefully the brain nutrition will also help with your mastery of the
sillygism, which should then *greatly* help with your Politics.

But please, please, whatever you do, don't become a Born Again Christian, as
sometimes happens in trying times.
I'll take Ridiculous RePubic-an-al-ism over Religious Feverish-ism, any day
of the week.
Altho I'll always be partial to Jimmy "arf arf" Swaggart -- nuthin better
than Screaming Fundamentalists with a rockin backup band.....

--

Mr. PV'd

Hey, Big Boy, is that a wad (of cash) in yer pocket, or are you just
glad to see me??

> Gunner

hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com

Mar 21, 2009, 10:06:03 AM3/21/09
On Mar 20, 11:14 pm, Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
> I had a stroke  6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday.  Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get checked up and thanks for coming by and getting
> released now wheres the fucking door and you­ need to leave now
> thank you veddy veddy much.

> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay,

Let me guess... the Subaru with the rainbow sticker on the left and
the Obama sticker on the right?

> then

> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday.

Soon, we'll all be going to the cheap hospital except for the
politicals and the wealthy. No middle class piece of shit is going to
get anything but aspirins and a big co-pay.

> They kept me till Tuesday

> evening.  Im getting better. But its slower than the recovery from

> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.

You've got more lives than a damned cat. And always seem to land on
your feet.

> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>

> Gunner

You're welcome. Get well.

SteveB

Mar 21, 2009, 10:24:45 AM3/21/09
Glad to see yer back.

Expecially after seein yer front.

Steve .......... Two of my doctors told me,"You're going to be amazed at
how much better you feel." They were 200% right.

Brian Lawson

Mar 21, 2009, 10:38:04 AM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:38:53 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
<cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Must be going around. My Dad had a heart attack a couple
>weeks ago, and my Mom was in the hospital with what might
>have been a mini stroke, recently.
>
>As the son of an editor, I'll punctuate that string of
>characters for you.
>
>From the bottom of my heart, fuck you back. Not many people
>get the Irish blessing from me.

Naw...... it says:

Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I should go and

get checked up, and thanks for coming by and getting released. Now
here's the fucking door, and you need to leave now! Thank you verddy
veddy much.

Do you think that last sentence was maybe just a bit sarcastic?

But "keep your pecker uP" is still the best one.

Hey Gunner,

I'm a bit behind on reading emails, so didn't know of this latest
string of worse luck, and this is the first opportunity to say "Get
Well !! "

We'll be flying out to Burbank for a week in June, but just for my
kids wedding so maybe not enough time, but if possible I'd love to
shake your hand again, maybe make like a bandit in the back of your
pick-up again, and maybe even get to see "the ranch" in Tate for once.

Take care buddy.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Proctologically Violated©®

Mar 21, 2009, 11:46:53 AM3/21/09

<hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

On Mar 20, 11:14 pm, Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
> I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get checked up and thanks for coming by and getting
> released now wheres the fucking door and you­ need to leave now
> thank you veddy veddy much.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay,

Let me guess... the Subaru with the rainbow sticker on the left and
the Obama sticker on the right?

> then
> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday.

Soon, we'll all be going to the cheap hospital except for the
politicals and the wealthy. No middle class piece of shit is going to
get anything but aspirins and a big co-pay.

Well, mebbe a city nurse will walk around the barracks we'll all be living
in, and bring us our aspirins, with a little paper cup of water.
With an even bigger co-pay.
--

Mr. PV'd

Hey, Big Boy, is that a wad (of cash) in yer pocket, or are you just
glad to see me??

Jeff Mc

Mar 21, 2009, 11:49:24 AM3/21/09
Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
> <hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mar 20, 11:14 pm, Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
>> I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
>> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
>> should go and get checked up and thanks for coming by and getting
>> released now wheres the fucking door and you­ need to leave now
>> thank you veddy veddy much.
>>
>> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay,
>
> Let me guess... the Subaru with the rainbow sticker on the left and
> the Obama sticker on the right?
>
>> then
>> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday.
>
> Soon, we'll all be going to the cheap hospital except for the
> politicals and the wealthy. No middle class piece of shit is going to
> get anything but aspirins and a big co-pay.
>

> Well, mebbe a city nurse will walk around the barracks we'll all be living
> in, and bring us our aspirins, with a little paper cup of water.

Yeah. Just like they do for Medicare patients today.

Jeff

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 12:51:56 PM3/21/09
On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:33:58 -0700, BottleBob <bott...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Gunner Asch wrote:
>> I had a stroke...
>
>> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
>> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
>> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from

>> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>>

>> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>

>Gunner:
>
> It's cool that you're out. So just looking for minor details, is your
>speech affected? How about motor skills? Like tying shoe laces? Or
>typing?

Nope..just slowed me down a bunch..and my chest still isnt healed up
form the triple bypass completely yet. I had a muscle group come loose
and its tucked away in the far right side of my chest at the moment.
They are going to have to do something about that before too long.

Other than being unable to remember names here and there..and being
slower than normal...no difference.

Thanks for asking

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 12:57:05 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:04:53 -0400, "Buerste" <Bue...@att.com> wrote:

>"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

>>I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
>> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
>> should go and get

>> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.

>> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
>> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
>> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
>> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>>
>> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>>

>> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>>

>> Gunner
>>

>HOLY CRAP! You're one hard motherfucker to kill...good thing, I still need
>plenty of favors from you. Please convalesce in peace and comfort for a
>while before you go balls-to-the-wall again. Let me know if you want
>anything, I have a small boatload of DVDs if you like and hundreds of books.
>If Yellow Perch or Walleye were in season I'd send some. Your timing is
>off.

Thanks Tom. This last thingy took a lot of wind out of my sales. The
triple bypass was more hurtful....but this has kicked my ass more.

I gots a lot of hurting to do yet, before Im fit for company.
They say Im nearly as good as before, and should be better with time,
but its taking a bit.

Many thanks

Gunner

Robert Swinney

Mar 21, 2009, 1:02:31 PM3/21/09
Yo Gunner !

Just in case you can ever get through the long list of well wishers from your friends on RCM, check
out my entry at the bottom.

Very, very, best regards,

Bob Swinney

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 1:00:35 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:18:34 -0800, "earwax museum" <no...@notmail.com>
wrote:

So you not going to meet me in 4 weeks? Isnt that simply running
away?

Ill be planning on meeting you in LA in 4 weeks. Please take care of
whatever is necessary before the meeting.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 1:02:42 PM3/21/09

With luck..the triple bypass and the stroke are healed up and past
history by the time TSHTF occurs.

Then it will be me, the family(s) and the cohorts all surviving.

If it happens this evening, or next week, well....then things might
come unglued a bit.

Shrug

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 1:03:41 PM3/21/09

Ayup..and I use the nick Gunner Asch because of a series of books
about a fellow.

Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 1:04:55 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:38:53 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
<cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Must be going around. My Dad had a heart attack a couple
>weeks ago, and my Mom was in the hospital with what might
>have been a mini stroke, recently.
>
>As the son of an editor, I'll punctuate that string of
>characters for you.
>
>From the bottom of my heart, fuck you back. Not many people
>get the Irish blessing from me.

<G>

Thanks Chris.

Gunner

hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com

Mar 21, 2009, 1:07:58 PM3/21/09
On Mar 21, 11:49 am, Jeff Mc <NoS...@NoThanks.org> wrote:
> Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
> > <hot-ham-and-che...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Somebody keeps thinking universal healthcare is the way to go. I'm
perfectly satisfied with my present health care.

Peter DiVergilio

Mar 21, 2009, 1:40:14 PM3/21/09
Glad to see you made yet AGAIN!!! Take care

--
Peter DiVergilio
All the money I ever wasted was spent trying to impress somebody who was

RAMł

Mar 21, 2009, 1:42:33 PM3/21/09
"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message
>I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get
> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>
> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>

> Gunner

Here's hoping that your recovery is both rapid and complete.

There are quite a number of folks who've done their BEST work AFTER
recovering from a Stroke. (Patricia Neal - the actress - for one.)

EskW...@spamblock.panix.com

Mar 21, 2009, 1:50:24 PM3/21/09
In misc.survivalism Gunner Asch <gun...@nospamlightspeed.net> wrote:

> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope you have a speedy recovery, and
start posting agian. We need the entertainment here, and yours was sorely
missed.

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Proctologically Violated©®

Mar 21, 2009, 2:23:53 PM3/21/09

<hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

======================================

Don't really care what you *call* it, I'd just like to see more effing
doctors driving Corollas -- mebbe altimas -- instead of SL 600s.
Fuuuuck.....

JonquilJan

Mar 21, 2009, 2:24:50 PM3/21/09
Gunner you are seriously pushing your life span allotment. Hope for your
quick - and successful recovery.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Roger Shoaf

Mar 21, 2009, 2:47:39 PM3/21/09
Damn Gunner, you sure are having a poor run of luck.

Perhaps you ought to include this quote in your sig line collection:

That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Get well soon.

--
Roger Shoaf

> I had a stroke  6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday.  Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get
> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
> evening.  Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>
> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>

> Gunner

hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com

Mar 21, 2009, 2:48:59 PM3/21/09
On Mar 21, 2:23 pm, "Proctologically Violated©®"

Why? Then nobody would want to go to school for 8 years, rack up
$160K or more in student loans, work tons of hours and have a bullseye
painted on their backs. For an Altima.

Then where would we be?

Doug White

Mar 21, 2009, 3:58:37 PM3/21/09
>I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
>Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
>should go and get
>checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneed

>toleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
>So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
>going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
>evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
>the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>
>Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
>Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.

I thought things were suspiciously quiet around here. Welcome back &
take it easy.

Doug White

Libby Loo

Mar 21, 2009, 3:36:44 PM3/21/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

> I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get
> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>
> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>

> Gunner

:)

Jon Anderson

Mar 21, 2009, 4:44:57 PM3/21/09
Gunner Asch wrote:

> Other than being unable to remember names here and there..and being
> slower than normal...no difference.

That sounds really good. I've known three folks that had strokes. Two
died, the third lost his ability to talk along with some motor skills
problems on one side.

Please, do take it easy for a while. One of the worst things you can do
is start up again like you're fine before you're really healed.

Take care.

Jon

Stormin Mormon

Mar 21, 2009, 3:52:46 PM3/21/09
In your ear!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

Too_Many_Tools

Mar 21, 2009, 4:12:00 PM3/21/09
On Mar 21, 10:51 am, Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:33:58 -0700, BottleBob <bottl...@earthlink.net>

Good to hear...I was worried that you might not remember that you are
the #1 liberal around here that champions Obama to the rest of us.

Do you still remember that you had a crush on Hillary? ;<)

TMT

DoN. Nichols

Mar 21, 2009, 5:21:40 PM3/21/09
On 2009-03-21, Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:33:58 -0700, BottleBob <bott...@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Gunner Asch wrote:
>>> I had a stroke...
>>
>>> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
>>> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
>>> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
>>> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>>>
>>> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.

[ ... ]

>> It's cool that you're out. So just looking for minor details, is your
>>speech affected? How about motor skills? Like tying shoe laces? Or
>>typing?
>
> Nope..just slowed me down a bunch..and my chest still isnt healed up
> form the triple bypass completely yet. I had a muscle group come loose
> and its tucked away in the far right side of my chest at the moment.
> They are going to have to do something about that before too long.
>
> Other than being unable to remember names here and there..and being
> slower than normal...no difference.

My father got hit by a rather bad one. It took some time to
recover much speech. And as for the names, it was an interesting
pattern. He could remember the names of all his boats, but not the
names of his children.

It might be interesting to look for patterns in what you can and
can't remember.

Best of luck,
DoN.

--
Email: <dnic...@d-and-d.com> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Strabo

Mar 21, 2009, 6:56:36 PM3/21/09

Good to see you're still around.

You passed the charm test and got some new parts. Now comes the
hard part. You've got to get in shape!

You just got a warning shot across the bow. What you do in the
coming year will determine whether or not you live to see
Obama-Soetoro impeached and these Marxist liberal-progressives
put down.

I know it's rough but you should also know your 'event' is a signal
that multiple systems are breaking down. Yes, critical functions
which are only 30 - 40% of what they used to be. Bypasses and stints
are only temporary fixes if you don't rebuild the systems.

Some advice:

1. Get at least 8 hours sleep a day. Take naps. The cats will help.
They're experts at keeping in shape.

2. Watch the diet. Cut down on bread, sugar, *soft drinks*, alcohol
and dairy, and lean toward protein and vegetables. Grow a garden.

3. You've got to re-pattern the cardiovascular and respiratory
systems in order to rebuild. How to do that? You 'tell' the
body by doing. You program it. Work up to 1 hour fast paced
walk each day.

That's one foot in front of the other *continuously* for one
hour. That's approximately three miles. That's close to double
time. You can't do it now so don't try. It'll take a few months
to work up to it. Shoot for 15 minute increments.

Over time this repetition will re-establish the metabolism as
well as strengthen muscle, ligaments and bone.

When this becomes easy, and it will, go faster or wear weights.
Or throw in 20 jumping jacks and continue walking. Continuous
exertion is key to building stamina and endurance.

As soon as you can, follow the cardio with upper body strength
training. For example, modified pushups at 60 degrees. Do three
reps of 20. And floor work - abdominal crunches and leg lifts.

4. As soon as possible wean off prescription meds. Coordinate
with a knowledgable physician. Take saw palmetto for the
smooth muscle, Hawthorne for the cardiac muscle and milk thistle
to clean the liver of toxins.

You're looking a minimum 3 year regime which, if you can do it, will
probably buy you an additional ten years of quality time.

Good luck.

> Gunner

Wes

Mar 21, 2009, 6:01:41 PM3/21/09
Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

>Ayup..and I use the nick Gunner Asch because of a series of books
>about a fellow.

Who is this fellow, btw, there is another Gunner A on some elists. Btw, your typing looks
good so I hope your libertine/conservative/objectivist brain is not damaged.

Wes

Dan

Mar 21, 2009, 6:23:02 PM3/21/09
Gunner Asch wrote:
> I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get
> checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleasednowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay, then
> going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till Tuesday
> evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the recoverry from
> the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>
> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.
>
> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.
>

> Gunner

Welcome back.

Dan

Alan Erskine

Mar 21, 2009, 6:27:19 PM3/21/09

> With luck..the triple bypass and the stroke are healed up and past
> history by the time TSHTF occurs.
>
> Then it will be me, the family(s) and the cohorts all surviving.
>
> If it happens this evening, or next week, well....then things might
> come unglued a bit.
>
> Shrug

I wish you the best of luck anyway. I hope you're going to be OK.

Bill Janssen

Mar 21, 2009, 8:53:13 PM3/21/09
Gunner
A lot of people, that don't post, CARE.

Bill K7NOM

Too_Many_Tools

Mar 21, 2009, 9:03:27 PM3/21/09
On Mar 21, 4:56 pm, Strabo <str...@flashlight.net> wrote:
> Gunner Asch wrote:

You forgot...no smokes.

NONE.

TMT

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 9:18:06 PM3/21/09

Thanks for the kind words. I was doing pretty well in the healing and
dealing portions of the heart surgery, then that pesky stroke thing
hit me. The day after Id gotten out of the hospital from the heart
surgery, I was up inside a machine repairing the control, me still
replete with (172) nifty 316 Stainless steel staples.. The next 5
weeks were pretty much the same, albeit a bit slower cause of the
economy..then the stroke hit. Ive already made a couple service calls
since Wed morning...but they are slower going and I have to think
twice as hard to make em turn out properly. But Im getting better each
day. Thanks for asking, and for all the others who are asking as well.
My deepest respects to all of you, and for the several
pissants...shrug....give me a bit and Ill take you out of the gene
pool and go grab a burger afterwards.

Gunner

Stormin Mormon

Mar 21, 2009, 9:37:31 PM3/21/09
That's much the difference between survivors, and the rest
of the world. Yeah, we have our share of troubles. But, we
pick up and keep going.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

Curly Surmudgeon

Mar 21, 2009, 9:51:44 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:47:39 -0700, Roger Shoaf wrote:

> Damn Gunner, you sure are having a poor run of luck.

Not luck, karma.

--
Regards, Curly
Arrest Bush

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 9:59:05 PM3/21/09

Many thanks for your concern and kind words. Ill be doing ok before
long. Just old age coming home to roost suddenly.

Avoid it as long as you can.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 10:03:12 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:53:13 -0700, Bill Janssen <bi...@ieee.org>
wrote:

<G> thanks Bill.

Gunner

Message has been deleted

Stuart Fields

Mar 21, 2009, 10:33:39 PM3/21/09
Gunner: Sorry as hell to hear this. Hang in there and enjoy the
recovery period as much as you can. Think plenty of healthy and long life
thoughts.

Stu Fields

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

Baron_Mind

Mar 21, 2009, 11:35:50 PM3/21/09
Gunner Asch wrote:
> I had a stroke 6 weeks after my triple bypass. A week ago last
> Thursday. Doctors at the Really Rich Medical Center suggested I
> should go and get checkedupandthanksforcomingbyandgettingreleased
> nowheresthefuckingdoorandyouneedtoleavenowthankyouverddyveddymuch.
>
> So Iwent home, only htting one car on the way home Thurdsay,

Only one? Damn, you must be getting old or something..

> then going to the Cheap hospital on Friday. They kept me till
> Tuesday evening. Im getting better. But its slowere than the
> recoverry from the triple bypass which was only 6+ weeks.
>
> Ill be reading all the posts, though I may not make much input.

I'd been thinking of you, worried that this might happen,
which is about 30% of the cases that I've read of. You're
still in my prayers, despite your protestations, gummer..

> Thanks for those who cared. Fuck you that dont.

Not without a note from your 'attending physicians'..

Do take the advice about your diet (no sugar, colas, carbs)
and work gently on the cardio workouts. That would be
sound of you, before threatening to remove someone else
from the gene pool. Otherwise, go fuck yourself..

--Three years was a reasonable estimate, in my experience..

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 10:40:49 PM3/21/09

Chuckle..well...to some people, generally those to the Left of the
Centerline..I am brain damaged beyond repair.

But then, those people are unable to function without a large group of
followers/worshipers/syncophants/helpers/mod-leaders, and of course,
the backup that supplies them with food, shelter, dope and so forth.

So in the grand scheme of things, Im a unique individual, and they are
simply pieces of a puzzle that once disassmbled, becomes useless bits
of frumpy cardboard all going off in obscure and meaningless
directions. I have a group of them living nearby actually. They tend
to do well when one or two gets paid, do poorly the rest of the time.

Folks like me..well we do ok nearly all of the time. So we can
improve our lot, while those others...are keeping from starving 99% of
the time..and improving means a clean pair of jeans.

Shrug

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 10:42:22 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:56:36 -0500, Strabo <str...@flashlight.net>
wrote:

Im already working on it. And Im shooting for 30yrs, not just 10.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 10:46:45 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:51:44 -0800, Curly Surmudgeon
<curlysu...@live.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:47:39 -0700, Roger Shoaf wrote:
>
>> Damn Gunner, you sure are having a poor run of luck.
>
>Not luck, karma.

Depends on if Karma or luck is the result of leaving the more mouthy,
bitchy, stupid Liberals alive.

Now I think...think that its Karma. Which means that the more
Liberals I let live, the less time Im going to enjoy on this planet.

I wonder..would you care to be the initial gunieslug and see if my
terminating Liberals (in a safe and sane fashion) increases my life
span? You simply dont have to do anything outside the ordinary, just
agree to be the test dumpy.

Care to take the test with me?

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 11:32:28 PM3/21/09

Three years for what?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 21, 2009, 11:37:33 PM3/21/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:24:50 -0400, "JonquilJan" <war...@imcnet.net>
wrote:

>Gunner you are seriously pushing your life span allotment. Hope for your
>quick - and successful recovery.

Hey Jan!

I figure Im down to about 4-5 life spans left...or was it 3-4? <G>

Im trying to save the remainder up for a rainy day when I really need
it.

Respects to you in all ways

Gunner

>JonquilJan
>
>Learn something new every day
>As long as you are learning, you are living
>When you stop learning, you start dying

Baron_Mind

Mar 22, 2009, 1:11:47 AM3/22/09
Gunner Asch wrote:

> Baron_Mind replied:

Here, this is what Strabo told you, and it's good advice..

> You passed the charm test and got some new parts. Now comes the
> hard part. You've got to get in shape!

Seriously..

> You just got a warning shot across the bow. What you do in the
> coming year will determine whether or not you live to see
> Obama-Soetoro impeached and these Marxist liberal-progressives
> put down.

*>LOL!<* Any goal will do at this point, though I have every
reason to doubt this right-wing extremist delusion coming to pass..

> I know it's rough but you should also know your 'event' is a signal
> that multiple systems are breaking down. Yes, critical functions
> which are only 30 - 40% of what they used to be. Bypasses and stints
> are only temporary fixes if you don't rebuild the systems.

That is no joke, prayers follow..

> Some advice:
>
> 1. Get at least 8 hours sleep a day. Take naps. The cats will help.
> They're experts at keeping in shape.
>
> 2. Watch the diet. Cut down on bread, sugar, *soft drinks*, alcohol
> and dairy, and lean toward protein and vegetables. Grow a garden.

Make that 60-80% protein to 20% carbs/fats, lotsa fruit/veggies.
Vitamins? Yeah, but take 'em infrequently, lotsa C, D and E..

> 3. You've got to re-pattern the cardiovascular and respiratory
> systems in order to rebuild. How to do that? You 'tell' the
> body by doing. You program it. Work up to 1 hour fast paced
> walk each day.
>
> That's one foot in front of the other *continuously* for one
> hour. That's approximately three miles. That's close to double
> time. You can't do it now so don't try. It'll take a few months
> to work up to it. Shoot for 15 minute increments.
>
> Over time this repetition will re-establish the metabolism as
> well as strengthen muscle, ligaments and bone.
>
> When this becomes easy, and it will, go faster or wear weights.
> Or throw in 20 jumping jacks and continue walking. Continuous
> exertion is key to building stamina and endurance.

And don't forget dexterity, practice the gross and fine motor
skills, like riding an exercise bike holding some weights out
with your arms. Work some crossword puzzles/suduku too..

> As soon as you can, follow the cardio with upper body strength
> training. For example, modified pushups at 60 degrees. Do three
> reps of 20. And floor work - abdominal crunches and leg lifts.
>
> 4. As soon as possible wean off prescription meds. Coordinate
> with a knowledgable physician. Take saw palmetto for the
> smooth muscle, Hawthorne for the cardiac muscle and milk thistle
> to clean the liver of toxins.
>
> You're looking a minimum 3 year regime which, if you can do it, will
> probably buy you an additional ten years of quality time.

That 'three years'..

--Otherwise, it's been nice knowing you, gummer..

Proctologically Violated©®

Mar 22, 2009, 12:25:11 AM3/22/09

<UNfit...@UNoptonline.net> wrote:
> <hot-ham-and-che...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 21, 11:49 am, Jeff Mc <NoS...@NoThanks.org> wrote:
>

> > Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
> > > <hot-ham-and-che...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Let me guess... the Subaru with the rainbow sticker on the left and
> > > the Obama sticker on the right?

> > > Soon, we'll all be going to the cheap hospital except for the
> > > politicals and the wealthy. No middle class piece of shit is going to
> > > get anything but aspirins and a big co-pay.
> > > ==========================================
>
> > > Well, mebbe a city nurse will walk around the barracks we'll all be
> > > living
> > > in, and bring us our aspirins, with a little paper cup of water.
>
> > Yeah. Just like they do for Medicare patients today.
>
> > Jeff
>
> Somebody keeps thinking universal healthcare is the way to go. I'm
> perfectly satisfied with my present health care.
>
> ======================================
>
> Don't really care what you *call* it, I'd just like to see more effing
> doctors driving Corollas -- mebbe altimas -- instead of SL 600s.
> Fuuuuck.....
>
> --
>
> Mr. PV'd

Why? Then nobody would want to go to school for 8 years, rack up
$160K or more in student loans, work tons of hours and have a bullseye
painted on their backs. For an Altima.

Then where would we be?
================================

Well, I'll tell you where we'd be:

We'd have a very different kind of doctor.
A person less interested in money and in billing yer HMO, and more
interested
in what is actually wrong with you, and how to keep shit from going wrong
with you to begin with.

Proly have doctors with not as good memories, and who didn't get A's in
Organic Chem (by memorizing effing reactions they don't have a clue about),
but who perhaps actually understand science and physiology.

Doctors are among the most scientifically ignerint people you can talk to.
I think footbaw players know more physiology than these ignerami.
But, they're quite up on real estate, who's playing what at Lincoln Center,
and all the other trappings of the Good Life.

And, medical school would likely be a lot cheaper, without all these greedy
assholes clamoring for a seat. Some state schools are pert near free
anyway.

Ain't no fukn doctors working tons of hours here in Westchester, NY.
Plenty with SL 600s, tho, and so fukn ignerint I could scream.

And, yo, ahm not anti-doc. I'm anti bullshit docs.
I had the best neuroskeletal surgeon on the east coast re-build my neck.
Subsequent to that, I had every fukn idiot that passed organic chem pass
their hat around to NYS's no fault plan.
I'm sure these idiots made many times what the original surgeon made.

What a racket.
Monetary incentive begets not quality docs, but academic hustlers who love
money.
--

Mr. PV'd

Hey, Big Boy, is that a wad (of cash) in yer pocket, or are you just
glad to see me??

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Alan Erskine

Mar 22, 2009, 1:09:24 AM3/22/09
"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

> Many thanks for your concern and kind words. Ill be doing ok before
> long. Just old age coming home to roost suddenly.
>
> Avoid it as long as you can.

I'm too childish to grow old. ;-)

Message has been deleted

Gerald Miller

Mar 22, 2009, 1:39:42 AM3/22/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:14:30 -0700, Winston_Smith <not_...@bogus.net>
wrote:

>Getting old is a bitch. But considering the alternative ...
You're only as old as you feel, so I only count odd year birthdays -
Junior and I will both be 35 this year.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Libby Loo

Mar 22, 2009, 1:39:42 AM3/22/09

"Strabo" <str...@flashlight.net> wrote in message
> Gunner Asch wrote:

>> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:04:53 -0400, "Buerste" <Bue...@att.com> wrote:
>>
>>> "Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

>>> news:gbm8s4907h2iajv1g...@4ax.com...

>>> HOLY CRAP! You're one hard motherfucker to kill...good thing, I still
>>> need plenty of favors from you. Please convalesce in peace and comfort
>>> for a while before you go balls-to-the-wall again. Let me know if you
>>> want anything, I have a small boatload of DVDs if you like and hundreds
>>> of books. If Yellow Perch or Walleye were in season I'd send some. Your
>>> timing is off.
>> Thanks Tom. This last thingy took a lot of wind out of my sales. The
>> triple bypass was more hurtful....but this has kicked my ass more.
>>
>> I gots a lot of hurting to do yet, before Im fit for company.
>> They say Im nearly as good as before, and should be better with time,
>> but its taking a bit.
>>

> Good to see you're still around.
>

> You passed the charm test and got some new parts. Now comes the
> hard part. You've got to get in shape!
>

> You just got a warning shot across the bow. What you do in the
> coming year will determine whether or not you live to see
> Obama-Soetoro impeached and these Marxist liberal-progressives
> put down.
>

> I know it's rough but you should also know your 'event' is a signal
> that multiple systems are breaking down. Yes, critical functions
> which are only 30 - 40% of what they used to be. Bypasses and stints
> are only temporary fixes if you don't rebuild the systems.
>

> Some advice:
>
> 1. Get at least 8 hours sleep a day. Take naps. The cats will help.
> They're experts at keeping in shape.
>
> 2. Watch the diet. Cut down on bread, sugar, *soft drinks*, alcohol
> and dairy, and lean toward protein and vegetables. Grow a garden.
>

> 3. You've got to re-pattern the cardiovascular and respiratory
> systems in order to rebuild. How to do that? You 'tell' the
> body by doing. You program it. Work up to 1 hour fast paced
> walk each day.
>
> That's one foot in front of the other *continuously* for one
> hour. That's approximately three miles. That's close to double
> time. You can't do it now so don't try. It'll take a few months
> to work up to it. Shoot for 15 minute increments.

Take a walkman or ipod with you and sing along as you march, you will build
your lung capacity.

> Over time this repetition will re-establish the metabolism as
> well as strengthen muscle, ligaments and bone.
>
> When this becomes easy, and it will, go faster or wear weights.
> Or throw in 20 jumping jacks and continue walking. Continuous
> exertion is key to building stamina and endurance.
>

> As soon as you can, follow the cardio with upper body strength
> training. For example, modified pushups at 60 degrees. Do three
> reps of 20. And floor work - abdominal crunches and leg lifts.
>
> 4. As soon as possible wean off prescription meds. Coordinate
> with a knowledgable physician. Take saw palmetto for the
> smooth muscle, Hawthorne for the cardiac muscle and milk thistle
> to clean the liver of toxins.
>

> You're looking a minimum 3 year regime which, if you can do it, will
> probably buy you an additional ten years of quality time.
>

> Good luck.
>

>> Gunner

Don Foreman

Mar 22, 2009, 1:49:27 AM3/22/09
wrote:

>3. You've got to re-pattern the cardiovascular and respiratory
> systems in order to rebuild. How to do that? You 'tell' the
> body by doing. You program it. Work up to 1 hour fast paced
> walk each day.
>
> That's one foot in front of the other *continuously* for one
> hour. That's approximately three miles. That's close to double
> time.

A nitpick: that isn't even quite quicktime, much less doubletime.
Quicktime is 120 steps per minute, stride of 30" so 3.41 mph.
Doubletime is 180 steps per minute, 50% faster or about 5 mph.

Ref: U.S. Army field manual FM 22-5, page 3-7
http://35.8.109.2/resources/fm22_5.pdf

Foreman, who is marching his daily hour at 3 mph up a 3.5% grade.
Replaced the worn-out walking belt and front roller last week.

Don Foreman

Mar 22, 2009, 1:53:56 AM3/22/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:42:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
<gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

>>Good luck.
>
>Im already working on it. And Im shooting for 30yrs, not just 10.
>
>Gunner

That seems reasonable. More than 30 might be more than you want, but
most of 30 could be good.

Gunner Asch

Mar 22, 2009, 2:01:55 AM3/22/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:33:51 -0700, Deucalion <som...@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:00:35 -0700, Gunner Asch
><gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 00:18:34 -0800, "earwax museum" <no...@notmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>"Bay Area Holdout" <Line...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>your

>>>He's been dead mentally for at least ten years already suggest let his
>>>rotting corpse rest imn peace.
>>>
>>><plonk>
>>>

>>So you not going to meet me in 4 weeks? Isnt that simply running
>>away?
>>
>>Ill be planning on meeting you in LA in 4 weeks. Please take care of
>>whatever is necessary before the meeting.
>
>Gunner, you no longer have any credibility as a threat.

So you didnt want to meet me a few days later?

Is that your cowar...er claim?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 22, 2009, 2:02:35 AM3/22/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:36:20 -0700, Deucalion <som...@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:23:53 -0400, "Proctologically ViolatedŠŽ"
><UNfi...@UNoptonline.net> wrote:
>

>><hot-ham-a...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah. Just like they do for Medicare patients today.
>>>
>>> Jeff
>>
>>Somebody keeps thinking universal healthcare is the way to go. I'm
>>perfectly satisfied with my present health care.
>

>So is gunner since he won't be paying for it.

Of course I wont. The Dems are going to be paying for it.
What more could one ask for?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 22, 2009, 2:03:13 AM3/22/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:38:49 -0700, Deucalion <som...@nowhere.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:46:45 -0700, Gunner Asch
><gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:51:44 -0800, Curly Surmudgeon
>><curlysu...@live.com> wrote:

>>>Not luck, karma.
>>

>>Depends on if Karma or luck is the result of leaving the more mouthy,
>>bitchy, stupid Liberals alive.
>>
>>Now I think...think that its Karma. Which means that the more
>>Liberals I let live, the less time Im going to enjoy on this planet.
>>
>>I wonder..would you care to be the initial gunieslug and see if my
>>terminating Liberals (in a safe and sane fashion) increases my life
>>span? You simply dont have to do anything outside the ordinary, just
>>agree to be the test dumpy.
>>
>>Care to take the test with me?
>

>No one with any self respect is going to beat the crap out of an
>invalid.

So you will be an invalid in 4 weeks? Whats wrong with you?

Gunner

Wes

Mar 22, 2009, 2:02:46 AM3/22/09
Gunner Asch <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote:

>Chuckle..well...to some people, generally those to the Left of the
>Centerline..I am brain damaged beyond repair.

Well maybe we can go bowling at the Special Olympics ;)

I know your body must be feeling like a train wreck but it sure seems like the Gunner I
know is still Gunner. Strokes can be hard on the brain bucket.

Wes
--

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.

Gunner Asch

Mar 22, 2009, 2:05:00 AM3/22/09
On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 23:11:47 -0600, Baron_Mind
<baron.v...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> As soon as you can, follow the cardio with upper body strength
>> training. For example, modified pushups at 60 degrees. Do three
>> reps of 20. And floor work - abdominal crunches and leg lifts.
>>
>> 4. As soon as possible wean off prescription meds. Coordinate
>> with a knowledgable physician. Take saw palmetto for the
>> smooth muscle, Hawthorne for the cardiac muscle and milk thistle
>> to clean the liver of toxins.
>>
>> You're looking a minimum 3 year regime which, if you can do it, will
>> probably buy you an additional ten years of quality time.
>
>That 'three years'..
>
>--Otherwise, it's been nice knowing you, gummer..

Odd..Im not very screwed up. My memory has some serious holes in it,
bit Ive not lost much muscle or tone.

Why should I wait 3 yrs before taking out the trash?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Mar 22, 2009, 2:05:45 AM3/22/09
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:39:42 -0500, "Libby Loo" <gur...@127.0.0.1>
wrote:

>> That's one foot in front of the other *continuously* for one
>> hour. That's approximately three miles. That's close to double
>> time. You can't do it now so don't try. It'll take a few months
>> to work up to it. Shoot for 15 minute increments.
>
>Take a walkman or ipod with you and sing along as you march, you will build
>your lung capacity.

Thats a very good idea.

Gunner

Buerste

Mar 22, 2009, 2:44:43 AM3/22/09

"Deucalion" <som...@nowhere.net> wrote in message

Is anybody making book? I want in!

Buerste

Mar 22, 2009, 2:45:57 AM3/22/09

"Gunner Asch" <gun...@NOSPAMlightspeed.net> wrote in message

Tell me about this.

Message has been deleted

Strabo

Mar 22, 2009, 4:53:27 AM3/22/09
Steve Ackman wrote:
> In <49c5bd9e$0$24471$607e...@cv.net>, on Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:25:11
> -0400, Proctologically Violated©®, UNfi...@UNoptonline.net wrote:
>
> <malquoted stuff snipped>
>> What a racket.
>
> I went to a walk-in clinic for antibiotics and a
> tetanus shot. The bill was over $500, $152 just for
> the 45 seconds it took the doc to lay eyeballs on the
> cut, and write the scrip. Must be REAL nice to be able
> to bill at $12,160 per hour.
>
> And that was WITH insurance. The mind boggles at
> what the bill would have been if I'd been paying cash!

Good example.

In bulk a bottle of Tetanus is about $30 which will furnish
maybe 10 injections.

A disposable syringe and needle is about $1.50.

Any competent person can be trained to give injections.

Antibiotics is not specific but for example, penicillins are
very cheap. Clinic or pharmacy cost about $4.00 per course.

There's no way to judge the market since it is so corrupted
but were you in the military the cost for a course of
penicillin and a tetanus shot would be about $12.

A fair market price for the above would be somewhere between
$50 and $150.

Before age six or so, a child can expect to receive
*over a hundred different vaccines*.

This is why we need to move beyond government licensing.
It creates monopolies which results in over diagnoses,
over medication and treatment as well as outright fraud.

Strabo

Mar 22, 2009, 5:28:28 AM3/22/09

Got to build more than that.

Pulse rate should be held to about 120 - 130 per minute. If you can
talk or whistle you're not working hard enough. Again, the emphasis here
is to walk 1 hour or three miles *every day*, as fast as you can. Not
the exaggerated Olympic styled 'fast walk' but a normal, fast gait.

As you lose weight, which you will, and the pulse rate falls, which
it will, your energy output will decrease. Add a weight belt. The goal
is to reprogram the metabolism and organs. This requires periodic
sustained work.

If you can do this at some point you will reach your normal
weight. That 38-40" waist will return to 34" as that gut fat is
burned off. Your metabolism will be balanced. Diabetes symptoms and
cardiac irregularities will disappear or improve.

And don't run or jog. Running is injurious to tendons and nerves and
an injury will impede or stop your program.

Some conditions can't be reversed but most everything can be improved.

It is loading more messages.