RCC Ember Fuels Inflation

1 view

Alan & Erin Williams

Jul 19, 2003, 10:21:30 PM7/19/03

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036633897

Anyone remember the issue price? Will the Five Ember now escalate as
well? And what response would a paper issue One Ember attract?

Alan
'the ng as a micro-nation'

Ed Hendricks

Jul 19, 2003, 10:30:13 PM7/19/03
"Alan & Erin Williams" <will...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

The one Ember issued at $10.00. They were *very* hot for awhile right after
they were issued. A couple brought over $100.00 each on eBay. IIRC, so
far 15 have sold on eBay with an average price of just over $70.00 realized.
The five Ember issued a $15.00 and did not seem to be nearly as desirable as
the one Ember. IIRC, so far 10 have sold on eBay (nine were in dutch
auctions) realizing an average price of $22.00. If the "ember" of interest
in the 5 Ember does burst into a "flame" though, I have a few extras that
will undoubtedly find their way to eBay. :-)

As far as a paper issue, who knows? Unless it was something very
extraordinary, I would have no interest in it.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Ed Hendricks

Jul 19, 2003, 10:44:12 PM7/19/03
"Ed Hendricks" <edmaryNOSP...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

A correction to my post above. Of the ten 5 Embers that were offered on
eBay only 8 sold. The average price realized was just over $21.00.

Stujoe

Jul 19, 2003, 10:55:18 PM7/19/03
In article <c1fce46b0bf76cc7...@free.teranews.com>, Alan
& Erin Williams spoke thusly...

Inflation is good. It is that darn deflation that we have to be
afraid of. :-)

When I sold my other extra Ember, I hit the bottom end of the market.
If my luck holds true, this one will be even lower. :-)

--
Stu Miller... OK, I admit it. I am Alan and Erin too. :-)
Read about Coins in the News:

Stujoe

Jul 20, 2003, 8:32:09 AM7/20/03
In article <MPG.1983c089...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>, Stujoe spoke
thusly...

> In article <c1fce46b0bf76cc7...@free.teranews.com>, Alan
> & Erin Williams spoke thusly...
> >

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036633897
> >
> > Anyone remember the issue price? Will the Five Ember now escalate as
> > well? And what response would a paper issue One Ember attract?
> >
> > Alan
> > 'the ng as a micro-nation'
>
> Inflation is good. It is that darn deflation that we have to be
> afraid of. :-)
>
> When I sold my other extra Ember, I hit the bottom end of the market.
> If my luck holds true, this one will be even lower. :-)

Current high bidder in my auction is an Ember_Maniac. Maniacs make
crazy bids, don't they? :-)

--
Stu Miller

MarkR

Jul 20, 2003, 12:52:37 PM7/20/03
"Stujoe" <stuj...@thestujoecollection.com> wrote in message

> In article <MPG.1983c089...@News.CIS.DFN.DE>, Stujoe spoke
> thusly...
> > In article <c1fce46b0bf76cc7...@free.teranews.com>, Alan
> > & Erin Williams spoke thusly...
> > >

> > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036633897
> > >
> > > Anyone remember the issue price? Will the Five Ember now escalate as
> > > well? And what response would a paper issue One Ember attract?
> > >
> > > Alan
> > > 'the ng as a micro-nation'
> >
> > Inflation is good. It is that darn deflation that we have to be
> > afraid of. :-)
> >
> > When I sold my other extra Ember, I hit the bottom end of the market.
> > If my luck holds true, this one will be even lower. :-)
>
> Current high bidder in my auction is an Ember_Maniac. Maniacs make
> crazy bids, don't they? :-)

He bid on my ember too, but Ira's got him covered. He's going to need to
bid higher to beat Ira.

Mark

SF

Jul 20, 2003, 4:04:14 PM7/20/03

"Ed Hendricks" wrote ...
> "Alan & Erin Williams" wrote

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3036633897
> >
> > Anyone remember the issue price? Will the Five Ember now escalate as
> > well? And what response would a paper issue One Ember attract?
> >
> > Alan
> > 'the ng as a micro-nation'
>
> The one Ember issued at $10.00. They were *very* hot for awhile right
after
> they were issued. A couple brought over $100.00 each on eBay. IIRC, so
> far 15 have sold on eBay with an average price of just over $70.00
realized.
> The five Ember issued a $15.00 and did not seem to be nearly as desirable
as
> the one Ember. IIRC, so far 10 have sold on eBay (nine were in dutch
> auctions) realizing an average price of $22.00. If the "ember" of
interest
> in the 5 Ember does burst into a "flame" though, I have a few extras that
> will undoubtedly find their way to eBay. :-)
>
> As far as a paper issue, who knows? Unless it was something very
> extraordinary, I would have no interest in it.
>
> --
> Ed Hendricks

I had the first one go over $100.00, was having some financial difficulties
during Christmas,
and the group of you really went overboard tryin to get it.. hehe...

Thanks again all, especially, the winner!

Sam