For the boaters here......report your marina or fuel dock fuel prices

JimH

May 23, 2008, 7:49:28 PM5/23/08
$3.89/gallon at our marina (Vermilion, OH). It has been that price
since May 9th.

I do not know what diesel or high octane is going for.

JimH

May 24, 2008, 8:18:07 AM5/24/08

Are there any *boaters* here?

HK

May 24, 2008, 8:57:57 AM5/24/08

Not many; this is now a usenet group mostly for amateur guitar players
and wanna-be's, homebrew beer drinkers, NASCAR fans, diaper cruise fans,
guys who think they had something to do with the production of
grandrugrats, et cetera.

I paid $3.83 a gallon this morning at WaWa to top off Yo-Ho's tank. Hope
to get out tomorrow/Monday. Heading out to the Shenandoah shortly for
some canoeing/target shooting/photographing/cook-out'ing.

Tim

May 24, 2008, 9:51:05 AM5/24/08

Jim, I don't know whqat the marina pricing is, because i fill up at
the gas station before launch, but street price just raised 10c
overnight to 3.99 here yesterday. I''d say that the marina at carlyle
lake is close to $5. though.

Don White

May 24, 2008, 10:12:42 AM5/24/08

"Tim" <tsch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

We just went up to $1.36 per liter (about $5.14 per US gallon)

JimH

May 24, 2008, 10:18:22 AM5/24/08

Yikes! $5 gas.

Street prices around us are the same as yours.

JR North

May 24, 2008, 3:34:55 PM5/24/08
Is that Primo? Bottom pump doesn't count (at least with me...).
JR

On Fri, 23 May 2008 16:49:28 -0700 (PDT), JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com>
wrote:

>$3.89/gallon at our marina (Vermilion, OH). It has been that price
>since May 9th.
>
>I do not know what diesel or high octane is going for.

HOME PAGE:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth

JimH

May 24, 2008, 4:28:17 PM5/24/08

They only sell one grade so I don't know. Still a helluva price for a
marina.

Topped off the tank (19 gallons) after a bit of Vermilion River
cruising with my wife (Lake was still too rough).

DK

May 24, 2008, 8:11:35 PM5/24/08

Lake Erie was too rough? Were you in a canoe?

JimH

May 24, 2008, 8:17:17 PM5/24/08

Nope....a 20 foot boat. We do not like to cruise the Lake in the
boat while getting knocked around so we cruised the river.

Where is it that you boat that you know the conditions on the Lake off
the Vermilion River?

DK

May 24, 2008, 8:55:57 PM5/24/08

That was years ago. If you read my post "over there" closely you would
already know that.

I've been on Lake Erie maybe 20 times in boats ranging from 18' to 25'.
Most were out of Port Clinton.

I guess your idea of "knocked around" is different than mine. I've been
in 2-4's with my 19.6' (with no low transom to constrain me) well over
10 miles offshore in the Atlantic Ocean. It's not comfortable but it's
also not scary. 4-6'er are enough to call it a day.

Carry on.

JimH

May 24, 2008, 9:14:34 PM5/24/08

So you live in Florida and boated on Lake Erie in the past. Were on
the Lake today at around noon at the mouth of Lake Erie at the
Vermilion River breakwall or are you just trying to stir the pot hare
as you normally do?

Me thinks so. ;-)

No wonder why folks continue to leave this place.

Mike

May 24, 2008, 9:50:56 PM5/24/08
>>No wonder why folks continue to leave this place.<<

Jim,

I have no personal beef with you, but, referencing your statement above,
there is no "continue" anymore. Everyone that wanted to leave, has already
done so... except for a very few such as yourself who left, but "continue"
to come back. If you hate it here so much, why do you keep coming back? It's
a rhetorical question, no reply necessary.

--Mike

"JimH" <osu...@oh.rr.com> wrote in message

HK

May 24, 2008, 10:02:12 PM5/24/08
Mike wrote:
>>> No wonder why folks continue to leave this place.<<
>
> Jim,
>
> I have no personal beef with you, but, referencing your statement above,
> there is no "continue" anymore. Everyone that wanted to leave, has already
> done so... except for a very few such as yourself who left, but "continue"
> to come back. If you hate it here so much, why do you keep coming back? It's
> a rhetorical question, no reply necessary.
>
> --Mike

I come here because of my morbid curiosity about people who post in a
boating newsgroup and hardly ever post anything that indicates they know
anything about boats, and about people who think they can play the
guitar, and about people who are fans of NASCAR, and about people who
brew beer, and about people who live for their grandchildren, and about
50 posts a day about kids' accidents, and, well, on and on and on and
on, ad nauseum.

I rarely run into such vacuous souls in my daily life, so I'm curious.

D.Duck

May 24, 2008, 10:09:47 PM5/24/08

"HK" <payer...@mypacks.net> wrote in message

Damn. You forgot to mention the political trolls, again.

HK

May 24, 2008, 10:11:49 PM5/24/08

No one is going to post "political" messages for the likes of Loogy &
Company. I only show up here now for the "entertainment."

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

May 25, 2008, 12:05:24 AM5/25/08
On May 24, 10:09 pm, "D.Duck" <D...@ald.duck> wrote:
> "HK" <payer33...@mypacks.net> wrote in message
> Damn.  You forgot to mention the political trolls, again.- Hide quoted text -

Don't feed the trolls

Eat Me, Trolls

May 25, 2008, 4:10:40 AM5/25/08
> Lake Erie was too rough?  Were you in a canoe?- Hide quoted text -

Have you ever been out in Erie? A typical day out of Owen Sound in
Lake Ontario Proper with a 20 mile an hour wind is nice. A typical day
out on Erie with a 20 mph wind is rough. The lake is much shallower. I
dont know about the Amereeecan side......

John H.

May 25, 2008, 6:45:11 AM5/25/08

Give North Cove Marina a call - (212) 786-1200.
--
John *H*

HK

May 25, 2008, 9:22:26 AM5/25/08

If that were the case, you and your "crowd" would starve to death. BTW,
those photos of that skiff you built that you keep posting here...if you
spent a bit of time maintaining that boat instead of posting photos of
it, the paint wouldn't be peeling off it. A poorly maintained boat is
not a really good ad for a guy in the wood boat-building business.

I like the boarding ladder, though. Really. It's damn close to a work of
art. Did you build that or buy it?

DK

May 25, 2008, 5:59:52 PM5/25/08

Try typing in English and you'll get a better response.

What part of my post didn't you understand, warp17?

As for "stirring the pot", you and the other two stooges seem to be
doing a fine job of it "over there" as well as here. The OT content has
also dwindled and I suspect that when Chuck returns he will be shaking
his head (at least) when he reads your collective bullshit.

So who has left here? You and Harry seem to be the top posters (of
crap) and your boy Don is still nipping at your heels from time to time.
This mass exodus has yet to materialize.

You will never get it.

DK

May 25, 2008, 6:10:07 PM5/25/08

Many times and the most I've seen were 4' waves spaced quite far apart.
The OP said it was too rough for his 20' boat but he'll bitch about
anything.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

JimH

May 25, 2008, 11:59:59 PM5/25/08

Based on his reply, the answer is obviously no. If he did he would
know that wave periods are short and the Lake can build
significant waves in a short time because of it's shallowness,
especially at the western basin. 4 footers on Lake Erie are totally
different than 4 footers on the Ocean and definitely uncomfortable in
a small boat. The Lake was capping when we tried to go out so we
turned back.

Message has been deleted

Don White

May 26, 2008, 3:00:01 PM5/26/08

"WaIIy" <WaIIy@(nft).invalid> wrote in message
> If you haven't been out on Lake Erie, you have no dog in the hunt.
>
> Lake Erie rarely has waves "spaced far apart".

Good catch....proof positive that Freddy (Dan) Kruger only comes here to
haunt and possess the souls of real boaters.

DK

May 26, 2008, 8:13:23 PM5/26/08

Trouble posting today, Warp17?

JimH

Jun 20, 2008, 8:25:37 PM6/20/08
Getting this thread back on topic..............

We topped off the tank today at our marina before heading out onto the
Lake. Still $4.19/gallon and squirted in a whopping 24 1/2 gallons..
Not bad after all the cruising we have done on the boat since the last
top off.

HK

Jun 20, 2008, 9:13:32 PM6/20/08

$4.19 a gallon at the marina ain't bad, Jim, relatively speaking of course.

I'll be putting in $75 worth Saturday, I guess, for use on Sunday. That
should be about 17 gallons. WaWa.

JimH

Jun 20, 2008, 9:24:33 PM6/20/08

I agree. As I said before (though some doubted me) our marina (and
most I dealt with around here) do not adjust their prices until a new
fuel shipment is received.

JimH

Jun 20, 2008, 10:20:29 PM6/20/08

edit:

"....*does* not adjust..."

Doh!

Loogy...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2008, 10:24:31 AM6/21/08
On Jun 20, 9:24 pm, JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com> wrote:

Wow, Harry's 36' lobster boat only takes 17 gallons?
I wonder how that lobstre boat holds up to his statement at Chuck's
place about recreational boats using too much fuel?

Ed

Jun 21, 2008, 4:15:34 PM6/21/08

<Loogy...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Jun 20, 9:24 pm, JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com> wrote:
> On Jun 20, 9:13 pm, HK <payer33...@mypacks.net> wrote:
>
> > JimH wrote:
> > > Getting this thread back on topic..............
>
> > > We topped off the tank today at our marina before heading out onto the
> > > Lake. Still $4.19/gallon and squirted in a whopping 24 1/2 gallons..
> > > Not bad after all the cruising we have done on the boat since the last
> > > top off.
>
> > $4.19 a gallon at the marina ain't bad, Jim, relatively speaking of
> > course.
using too much fuel?

Florida delivered 4.30/gallon for Diesel (200 gallon min), at the marina
about $4.75
Bahamas big islands $4.90 to 5.20 Outislands just hit 5.70 Gas is over
5 every where.

Loogy...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2008, 4:24:54 PM6/21/08
> You will never get it.- Hide quoted text -

You are correct on the never get it part! I've asked JimH straight up
if he noticed that when he and his boyfriend Hairy decided to leave
rec.boats for Chuck's place, that the demeanor of the group instantly
changed, and he can't see it. He's just too stupid, I guess!

HK

Jun 21, 2008, 4:45:50 PM6/21/08

At that time, about 93% of the posts were either off topic, or whining
about Chuck's place, crapbrain.

JimH

Jun 21, 2008, 4:59:40 PM6/21/08
On Jun 21, 4:45 pm, HK <payer33...@mypacks.net> wrote:

Harry, let the trouble makers here dig their own grave. They are
doing a fine job of doing so on their own and do not need your help.

Message has been deleted

Loogy...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2008, 10:35:48 AM6/22/08
> doing a fine job of doing so on their own and do not need your help.- Hide quoted text -

Hey, everybody, watch JimH dance......

JimH, did you happen to notice that when you and Hairy decided to
leave here and go to Chuck's that the tone of the group was decent in
all respects? No fighting, no arguing, no whining. Everyone got along
just great! Did you also notice that upon you and your boyfriend's
return, that it instantly got ugly again?

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2008, 12:18:41 PM6/22/08
> return, that it instantly got ugly again?- Hide quoted text -

you already asked him that about 40 times...

HK

Jun 22, 2008, 12:56:07 PM6/22/08

The idiot keeps hoping the answer will be different, but the reality is,
rec.boats remained a pig pen, full of OT posters and snarky
retardos...like Loogy.

Loogy...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2008, 1:41:42 PM6/22/08
> you already asked him that about 40 times...- Hide quoted text -

But, it's SO fun watching him dance!

Calif Bill

Jun 22, 2008, 2:18:29 PM6/22/08

"JimH" <osu...@oh.rr.com> wrote in message

$4.19 is fantastic. Is about $4.45 for RUL at the service station. Paid
$4.85 for diesel in Oroville yesterday, and most stations as I came through
Marysville were $4.99 diesel.

Calif Bill

Jun 22, 2008, 2:22:53 PM6/22/08

"Eddie" <hawa...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> It will take about $775.00 to top of my two 70-gallons tanks in my
> Regal in Bethel Island in the San Francisco Bay Delta. That's
> figuring $5.50 a gallon. If I'm lucky. Haven't been to the Delta
> this summer yet, so hopefully it's only $5.50. Reg. gas at land
> stations is around $4.50 and up.
> There is good news though. It may take only $675.00 to fill up as
> I've got a few gallons in the tanks right now.
> Whew! I'm so lucky.
> Eddie

I filled up a couple weeks ago and put in $175 for 47 gallons. Been boating
twice since then, but first trip was for shad and only went maybe 4 miles.
2 gallons of gas. This week went up to Oroville for a couple days boating
and did a lot of the movement on the T-8 kicker while trolling or on the
electric when bass fishing. So probably only burned 15 gallons of gas in
the two days.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 22, 2008, 7:16:14 PM6/22/08

I do have to ask, did you sell the Lobster Boat?

JimH

Jun 22, 2008, 8:09:18 PM6/22/08
On Jun 22, 7:16 pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here
"@yahoo.com> wrote:
> HK wrote:

To stay on topic...............I do have to ask for you to report the
fuel prices on Lake Lanier.

No need for you to take this OT.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 22, 2008, 8:54:59 PM6/22/08

Why in the world do you care what the prices of fuel on Lake Lanier is?
Why does anyone care what the price of fuel is in another area? I
don't care what the price of fuel in Ohio, CA or NY is, and I really
can't figure out why anyone would.

Why do you care?

HK

Jun 22, 2008, 9:00:25 PM6/22/08

Why would Reggie know that, without googling it?

JimH

Jun 23, 2008, 4:19:01 PM6/23/08
On Jun 22, 8:54 pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here

Woosssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I am interested in what marina prices are in various parts of the
Country. I am sure other boaters here are also interested. If you
don't want to post the price at your marina then don't. But don't
whine about me asking.

Now go try to pick a fight with someone else.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 23, 2008, 4:33:30 PM6/23/08

Not trying to pick a fight, but I just find the question to be one of
the silliest questions in the world. I can't imagine anyone who doesn't
boat on Lake Lanier giving a rats ass what I pay for fuel.

What do you pay for suntan lotion in Avon Lakes, OH? Since gas prices
by area is readily available online, but I can't find what people pay
for suntan lotion in different parts of the country, please post the
price of suntan lotion. What is your favorite SPF? Do you change SPF
based upon time of day or time of the year? What do you pay for coke
at the marina store vs at the local supermarket? Do you prefer to bring
potato chips or cheese puffs on you boat?

This will help you with your research on Gas Prices across the country:

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

HK

Jun 23, 2008, 4:35:31 PM6/23/08

What you pay for fuel for your boat?
You don't have a boat.
Therefore, you pay nothing for fuel.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 23, 2008, 4:48:14 PM6/23/08

I only wish I could get my fuel for free. Do you have diesel engines in
your "other" boat?

HK

Jun 23, 2008, 4:54:22 PM6/23/08

We're talking about boat fuel here. You don't have a boat, therefore you
pay nothing for fuel for your boat.

Jim

Jun 23, 2008, 4:55:43 PM6/23/08

"Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here "@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I thought we agreed to not engage limp dick, and his two ass wipes, in
conversation.

HK

Jun 23, 2008, 4:58:08 PM6/23/08
Jim wrote:

I thought we agreed to not engage limp dick, and his two ass wipes, in
conversation.

:>) Another who contributed to the tube'o'sperm that created loogy.

JimH

Jun 23, 2008, 5:00:42 PM6/23/08
On Jun 23, 4:33 pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here

Based on the responses from actual boat owners it looks like the topic
is of interest.

No need for the snarky replies Reggie. If you don't like the request
to post prices then don't whine about me asking........just don't
respond.

Is that possible for you to do?

JimH

Jun 23, 2008, 5:02:20 PM6/23/08
On Jun 23, 4:55 pm, "Jim" <j...@boatnet.net> wrote:
> "Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here "@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:comdnQLttb87lf3V...@comcast.com...

How old did you say you are? 10, 12?

DK

Jun 23, 2008, 8:23:17 PM6/23/08
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:

> I do have to ask, did you sell the Lobster Boat?

It was a lie. You know it, we all know it. Let it go and ignore the
imbecile and the other two stooges.

DK

Jun 23, 2008, 8:25:16 PM6/23/08
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:

>>> I do have to ask, did you sell the Lobster Boat?
>>
>> To stay on topic...............I do have to ask for you to report the
>> fuel prices on Lake Lanier.
>>
>> No need for you to take this OT.
>
> Why in the world do you care what the prices of fuel on Lake Lanier is?
> Why does anyone care what the price of fuel is in another area? I
> don't care what the price of fuel in Ohio, CA or NY is, and I really
> can't figure out why anyone would.
>
> Why do you care?

Since "warp17" considers your question to be off topic it is more
evidence that his hero is a fucking liar.

Short Wave Sportfishing

Jun 23, 2008, 8:49:28 PM6/23/08
On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:54:59 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
<"Reggie is Here "@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Why in the world do you care what the prices of fuel on Lake Lanier is?

I might want to know - I might be taking the Ranger there this summer.

>Why does anyone care what the price of fuel is in another area?

I boat in three different states - MA, NY and RI - prices vary by
state - ipso facto, I'd like to know what the prices are.

> I don't care what the price of fuel in Ohio, CA or NY is, and I really
>can't figure out why anyone would.

See above - not necessarily Ohio or CA, but NY - well...

>Why do you care?

See Item 1. :>)

John H.

Jun 23, 2008, 8:56:22 PM6/23/08

Wouldn't a quick phone call get you an accurate, up-to-date answer? Maybe
Maryland and Virginia are different. If I want to know the price of fuel, I
can call and the marina will tell me.

Usually the price is good for a couple hours anyway.

:>)
--
John *H*

JimH

Jun 23, 2008, 9:06:16 PM6/23/08

So is your intention here to continue to stir the pot or behave?

No need to answer as it was a rhetorical question..

BTW: As you know, around here marina fuel pricing does not change
hourly but only upon new shipments of fuel. Why you and a couple of
others have a hard time understanding that is beyond me.

I think you need another vacation as you need to chill. ;-)

Short Wave Sportfishing

Jun 23, 2008, 9:12:45 PM6/23/08
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:06:16 -0700 (PDT), JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com>
wrote:

>BTW: As you know, around here marina fuel pricing does not change

>hourly but only upon new shipments of fuel. Why you and a couple of
>others have a hard time understanding that is beyond me.

Why do you keep insisting on this obvious fallacy?

I know you aren't stupid.

JimH

Jun 23, 2008, 9:18:59 PM6/23/08
On Jun 23, 9:12 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing <em...@swsportsremove.org>
wrote:

No, I am not stupid and I don't think you are.

Why do you doubt me?

Call my marina.

http://www.romps.com/

Call my previous marina.

http://www.huronlagoons.com/

I then expect an apology from you and others here who continue to
doubt what I say.

Jim

Jun 23, 2008, 10:25:51 PM6/23/08

"Short Wave Sportfishing" <em...@swsportsremove.org> wrote in message

Ya right.

Short Wave Sportfishing

Jun 23, 2008, 10:32:14 PM6/23/08
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:18:59 -0700 (PDT), JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com>
wrote:

>On Jun 23, 9:12 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing <em...@swsportsremove.org>
>wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:06:16 -0700 (PDT), JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >BTW:  As you know, around here marina fuel pricing does not change
>> >hourly but only upon new shipments of fuel.  Why you and a couple of
>> >others have a hard time understanding that is beyond me.
>>
>> Why do you keep insisting on this obvious fallacy?
>>
>> I know you aren't stupid.
>
>No, I am not stupid and I don't think you are.
>
>Why do you doubt me?

Because if they did as your suggest, they would lose money every time
they filled their tanks.

Wholesale gas purchases have to be forward looking - meaning that they
are selling what they have now to be able to purchase what they need
tomorrow.

Doing as you suggest, means that they have a stable supply of gas at a
set price or have purchased a set amount of gas at a set price which
no distributor does anymore - the distributor can't afford to do that
because of the volatility of gasoline pricing. If they do have a
stable supply of gas at a set price, then every other distributor in
the area would really like to know where they get it.

>Call my marina.
>
>http://www.romps.com/
>
>Call my previous marina.
>
>http://www.huronlagoons.com/
>
>I then expect an apology from you and others here who continue to
>doubt what I say.

Well, I'll call your bluff.

First thing in the morning.

Then you can apologize to me for being a moron.

Short Wave Sportfishing

Jun 23, 2008, 10:44:56 PM6/23/08

No, I'm being serious.

What he's suggesting is impossible.

However, he has provided a link, so I will call in the morning and
we'll see.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 23, 2008, 11:52:11 PM6/23/08
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:54:59 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
> <"Reggie is Here "@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Why in the world do you care what the prices of fuel on Lake Lanier is?
>
> I might want to know - I might be taking the Ranger there this summer.

It is cheaper than any gas you buy up your way, but it will not be the
same when you get here.

>> Why does anyone care what the price of fuel is in another area?
>
> I boat in three different states - MA, NY and RI - prices vary by
> state - ipso facto, I'd like to know what the prices are.

MA cheapest. NY and RI will be very close in price, but they will be
different every time you go out.

>> I don't care what the price of fuel in Ohio, CA or NY is, and I really
>> can't figure out why anyone would.
>
> See above - not necessarily Ohio or CA, but NY - well...
>
>> Why do you care?
>
> See Item 1. :>)

I can understand why someone might be interested in the cost of gas in
an area they will be boating in. With the cost of fuel being so
volitable, the only thing I can tell you is the price will change, and
my guess is it will go up.

Any prices you read in rec.boats will be obsolete by the time you get to
the dock.

Now, the price of sunblock will remain fairly constant, what is the cost
of SPF 45 up your way. ;)

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 24, 2008, 12:00:00 AM6/24/08

They might say that they only change the prices to appease the local
yokels, but their CPA and accountant would convince even the dumbest
businessman of the fallacy of only changing your price after you refill
your tank.

I can just see the owners laughing every time someone believes that story.

Jim

Jun 24, 2008, 6:52:52 AM6/24/08

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:25:51 -0400, "Jim" <j...@boatnet.net> wrote:
>

>>"Short Wave Sportfishing" <em...@swsportsremove.org> wrote in message

(Jim H Nonsense snipped)

Wave said-> I know you aren't stupid.

I said-> Ya right.

Wave said-> No, I'm being serious.

What he's suggesting is impossible.
However, he has provided a link, so I will call in the morning and
we'll see.

I said -> Why put yourself to all that trouble?
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2po9ys9&s=3

Short Wave Sportfishing

Jun 24, 2008, 7:02:12 AM6/24/08

Don't know - don't use the stuff.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 24, 2008, 7:06:17 AM6/24/08
Jim wrote:

> "Short Wave Sportfishing" <em...@swsportsremove.org> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:25:51 -0400, "Jim" <j...@boatnet.net> wrote:
>>

>>> "Short Wave Sportfishing" <em...@swsportsremove.org> wrote in message
>
> (Jim H Nonsense snipped)
>
> Wave said-> I know you aren't stupid.
>
> I said-> Ya right.
>
> Wave said-> No, I'm being serious.
> What he's suggesting is impossible.
> However, he has provided a link, so I will call in the morning and
> we'll see.
>
> I said -> Why put yourself to all that trouble?
> http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2po9ys9&s=3

The same person who says his marina does not raise their price of fuel,
until they refill their tanks, is the same person who praised his
previous marina for being so sweet that they installed a wheelchair ramp
out of the goodness of their heart, and then saved him money by not
replacing his impeller because the engine was not running hot. While
P.T. Barnum never actually said "Their is a sucker born every minute",
he should have.

The marina is required by law to install a wheelchair rampway for anyone
who needs it (American's with Disability Act). The same wonderful
marina told him you do not have to replace an impeller (of unknown age)
because the water temp is remaining constant. That should have been a
red flag to any boater to look for a new mechanic. If he had not
ignored this red flag, it would have saved him a lot of money.

All I have to say about the fuel prices, is consider the source.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 24, 2008, 7:07:28 AM6/24/08

Well, when you hands and feet fall off from advance skin cancer, don't
come running to me.

;)

Jim

Jun 24, 2008, 7:20:30 AM6/24/08

"Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here "@yahoo.com> wrote in message

EXACTLY. OSU DAD will be along in a minute to correct your spelling.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 24, 2008, 7:27:13 AM6/24/08

I sure hope no one mentions the incorrect usage of the word THEIR, that
would really hurt.

JimH

Jun 24, 2008, 7:48:16 AM6/24/08
On Jun 23, 10:32 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing

Moron? I see you are getting down in the gutter with the others Tom.
Pretty disappointing.

John H.

Jun 24, 2008, 8:00:55 AM6/24/08
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 06:52:52 -0400, "Jim" <j...@boatnet.net> wrote:

>"Short Wave Sportfishing" <em...@swsportsremove.org> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 22:25:51 -0400, "Jim" <j...@boatnet.net> wrote:
>>

>>>"Short Wave Sportfishing" <em...@swsportsremove.org> wrote in message
>
>(Jim H Nonsense snipped)
>
>Wave said-> I know you aren't stupid.
>
>I said-> Ya right.
>
>Wave said-> No, I'm being serious.
>What he's suggesting is impossible.
>However, he has provided a link, so I will call in the morning and
>we'll see.
>
>I said -> Why put yourself to all that trouble?
>http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2po9ys9&s=3

Some folks post questions on boards just so they can see their name in
print and feel famous.

Chuck had enough sense to realize what was going on and delete the thread.
Good for him.

Deleting the thread's OP and the rest of the Fab Four would make both
groups much nicer places to visit.
--
John *H*

JimH

Jun 24, 2008, 8:02:28 AM6/24/08
On Jun 23, 10:44 pm, Short Wave Sportfishing

They are open Tom. I await your apology.

HK

Jun 24, 2008, 8:07:01 AM6/24/08

I agree that deleting you, Florida Jim, DK, and Reggie would make both
groups nicer places to visit, but usenet groups are open to your sorts
of turds with nothing to offer.

Isn't time you took your gang of crumbsnatchers somewhere? How about
another nice Disney cruise?

JimH

Jun 24, 2008, 8:20:20 AM6/24/08

Come in Tom............are you there Tom? Hello?

JimH

Jun 24, 2008, 8:21:35 AM6/24/08
On Jun 24, 7:06 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here

Hey asshole. I gave you the links to the marinas. Call them and then
come back and tell everyone what they told you.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 24, 2008, 8:32:19 AM6/24/08

Why would anyone believe what they tell me or you about their accounting
procedures? If it makes some yahoos happy to believe they don't change
their price until they refill their tank, why burst the yahoo's bubble.

Why did you believe them when they told you your impeller did not need
to be changed since the engine was running at the correct temp? My
guess is because you wanted to believe it. Same with the cost of fuel,
you want to believe it. Wasn't that the same marina who wanted to
install the incorrect thermostat because they did not have the correct
on in stock?

JimH please meet P.T. Barnum.

Loogy...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2008, 9:03:55 AM6/24/08
On Jun 24, 7:20 am, "Jim" <j...@boatnet.net> wrote:
> "Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here "@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:FKydnanixeerSP3V...@comcast.com...
> EXACTLY.  OSU DAD will be along in a minute to correct your spelling.- Hide quoted text -

You mean warp17?

JimH

Jun 24, 2008, 9:51:09 AM6/24/08
On Jun 24, 8:32 am, "Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here

Good point. You do have zero credibility.

Loogy...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2008, 11:22:12 AM6/24/08
> come back and tell everyone what they told you.- Hide quoted text -

Ah, some more of the name calling you were chastising Tom about......

John H.

Jun 24, 2008, 12:33:36 PM6/24/08

I know!

You two are married!
--
John *H*

JimH

Jun 24, 2008, 5:38:49 PM6/24/08

Car 54 where are you?????????????????

Loogy...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2008, 6:36:29 PM6/24/08
> Car 54 where are you?????????????????- Hide quoted text -

He tried, and because of you and Hairy's bullshit, lies and petty
insults is gone again. Nice job.

JimH

Jun 24, 2008, 9:03:37 PM6/24/08

His reply:

--------------------------------

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:59:17 -0700 (PDT), JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com>
wrote:

>I have been waiting all day for you to confirm or deny my claims of
>fuel prices at my marina.

Gee Jim - that's really sad that you waited here all day. My gosh.

You know, you can get help for Internet addiction - it's now a
recognized psychiatric disorder.

>You doubted my claim that the fuel prices are not increased until a
>new fuel shipment is received.

I still do.

>You insulted me in the process by questioning my claim and calling me
>a moron.

You are.

>Certain members here then started to pile on with insults
>and attacks on me.

How the hell did you manage to raise a Marine?

God what a wimp.

>I provided links to my current marina (and old marina practicing the
>same policy) and you stated last night that you would call them this
>morning as you still did not believe me (I think that is where the
>moron insult came in).

I still don't. And it was - exactly right.

About the only thing you are right about by the way.

>You have posted here this evening so I know you are logged on.

Wow - and a detective along with your many other talents which mainly
revolve taking offense and whining.

>Your call big guy. Are you really the type of person you claim to be
>or will you wimp out on this after all your chest pounding?

Say what?

You are such an ass.

>I await an apology from you and trust it will be coming.

Then you'll wait until hell freezes over because I actually have a
life.

Up until five minutes ago, I had forgotten all about it - it didn't
control my day waiting anxiously to find the answer to the burning
question.

And now, I just may wait until hell freezes over allowing others to
enjoy taking you to the virtual woodshed.

While I'm on a roll, here is what I think about you...

~~ crickets ~~

and your opinons on anything

~~ crickets ~~

and your obvious insecurities and need to be approved of...

~~ man is he screwed up or what? ~~

I'll get an answer when I damn well feel like it now - which means
that you will be sitting all day long, fingers poised above the
keyboard ready to reply only to find that you have nothing to reply
to.

Which will slowly drive you crazy - or at least crazier than you are
now which, let's face it, is fairly crazy - as in Cracker Box Palace
crazy or He Really Should Be Committed crazy. It will be a delicious
picture and I'm really sorry I won't be there to watch your eyes start
to bug out as your blood pressure rises until finally your head
explodes when you figure out that you were, are and always will be
wrong.

Oh, sorry, forgot to end this in such a way as to hasten the process
of driving you nuts.

Moron.
-------------------------------------

You challenged my claim and said you would disprove it.

You insulted me in the process.

Your reply is disturbing to say the least.

I thought better of you Tom.

I now await apologies from all the folks piling on as Tom's claim is
obviously not true.

Too bad he is not man enough to admit it.

John H.

Jun 24, 2008, 9:11:25 PM6/24/08
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:03:37 -0700 (PDT), JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com> wrote:

>I now await apologies from all the folks piling on as Tom's claim is
>obviously not true.

LMAO!

I wonder if the apologies would have to have meaning also?

Someone pass the popcorn!
--
John *H*

JimH

Jun 27, 2008, 2:27:38 PM6/27/08

This thread shows the true intergrity of certain individuals here, one
in particular, with that one individual calling me on a claim and
saying he would provide proof to the contrary. It never happened
because what I reported was the truth.

That individual is still not man enough to apologize yet his tribe of
idiots rally around him.

This place is a loony bin.

Carry on children.

Loogy...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2008, 2:31:08 PM6/27/08

JimH whining like a friggin' baby, then calling everyone else
children. He's also whined and cried about name calling.....

HK

Jun 27, 2008, 2:37:25 PM6/27/08

Do you get paid a penny for every post of yours that makes you look like
you are retarded?

Pretty soon, you'll have enough money for a six pack of RC Cola and a
box of Moon Pies.

JimH

Jun 27, 2008, 4:30:07 PM6/27/08

ROTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JimH

Jun 28, 2008, 9:33:50 PM6/28/08
On May 23, 7:49 pm, JimH <osu...@oh.rr.com> wrote:
> $3.89/gallon at our marina (Vermilion, OH).  It has been that price
> since May 9th.
>
> I do not know what diesel or high octane is going for.

I took a friend of mine and his son (USMC Sgt. returning from his 2nd
tour in Iraq) out on the boat this past Thursday. My wife did not
join us as she was doing volunteer work at the Cleveland Animal
Protective League (APL).

Gas price at the marina was at or around $4.44. It was $4.19 last
week so they must have just received a shipment of fuel.

For those who doubt their pricing policy (the price remains the same
until a new shipment is received) you can call the marina.

Romps Water Port.............Vermilion, Ohio. 440-967-4342

http://www.romps.com/

I still await an apology from several members here who were wrong in
attacking me when I posted the marina's policy on fuel pricing,
including one who cannot stand to be proved wrong (are you there Tom/
Shortwave/Teafran?) I understand, however, that some who present
themselves as men do not actually have the balls to do so and I will
have to wait till hell freezes over to receive the apology. ;-)

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 28, 2008, 9:39:58 PM6/28/08

Why do you care if someone apologizes for such a silly thing. Everyone
knows your are living in a dream world about the accounting practices at
your marina, but even if you are correct (yeah, right) why do you care
if someone says "I'm sorry".

I think the problem is you don't have any balls or a cock, and are
really just a girl. You sure act like one.

JimH

Jun 28, 2008, 9:47:41 PM6/28/08
On Jun 28, 9:39 pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III" <"Reggie is Here

Unbelievable.

DK

Jun 28, 2008, 9:51:09 PM6/28/08

He's still dwelling on that fantasy? Gasoline is a commodity. Basing
retail sell prices on the replacement cost is the norm.

Reginald P. Smithers III

Jun 28, 2008, 10:17:17 PM6/28/08

That is exactly what I said, it is unbelievable that you act like such a
little girly girl.

HK

Jun 29, 2008, 7:21:20 AM6/29/08
Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:

Another classy post from our boy Reggie, one of Loogy's fathers.

It is loading more messages.