So, who is in?

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 9:23:36 AM9/8/08
Wafa and Salty have nothing to add here but hate and bullshit...

During the big Chuckie event, those of us that were left decided not
to answer "any" of Harry's trolls, boating or otherwise. It worked
great, one day I posted a link showing some 50 unanswered trolls by
wafa in just a few hours. The group was doing fine until two very
prominent figures came back and decided they could reach out and
select certain posts to answer, but it soon fell apart.. Now that both
have realized the futile nature of the task, one has left and the
other is finally on board...

I suggest we see if we can get back to letting Harry and Salty talk to
themselves, I will be totally ignoring both Harry and Salty for one
week from today. If others join in, we might have a chance. Even folks
like you Tim, should give it a try, if only for a week. If it doesn't
work, go on back to picking and choosing your posts to him, but give
it a try for a week and see what happens..

Who else will put their name on the list of us who are "in" for one
week. I will start... Sign up below.

I pledge not to engage Harry or Salty (could be the same person) for
one week starting today. I will not mention them in any post, I will
not mention them in any way, insulting or otherwise.

Here is the list of those who really want to save the group:
JustWaitaFrekinMinute.. 09/08/08 09:19

Hopefully, we can put a stop to this crap, once and for all now that
we are all here. So comeon folks, after over a decade of filth, let's
try a week withougt it.

Are you in?

Loogy...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 9:45:37 AM9/8/08

Yup!

Lu Powell

Sep 8, 2008, 10:26:32 AM9/8/08

<justwaitaf...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I'm in.

slam...@hotmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 10:50:16 AM9/8/08

<<Here is the list of those who really want to save the group:
JustWaitaFrekinMinute.. 09/08/08 09:19>>

Arent you a little ahead of yourself ? Nice date job.......

John H

Sep 8, 2008, 10:54:49 AM9/8/08
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 06:23:36 -0700 (PDT), justwaitaf...@gmail.com
wrote:

Absolutely. But let's forget the week and make it permanent!

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 11:00:09 AM9/8/08
On Sep 8, 10:54 am, John H <tr...@out.now> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 06:23:36 -0700 (PDT), justwaitafrekinmin...@gmail.com
> Absolutely. But let's forget the week and make it permanent!- Hide quoted text -

We'll try for a week and see who is in... Then we can adjust
accordingly... With an initial one week trial, anyone who is
concerened with the group can try it, and not feel bad if they choose
to revert after the trial period.. Kinda' like having a few days to
cancel a timeshare;) Just joking John, but you already know that;)

leo

Sep 8, 2008, 11:30:22 AM9/8/08
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 08:00:09 -0700 (PDT), justwaitaf...@gmail.com
wrote:

I'm thinking we can save ourselves a headache just by going over to Chuck's
Place. Eventually Chuck will reach the same conclusion Tom and Dick have.
It's just a matter of time. In the meantime folks can use Scraping the
Bottom if one must get into politics. At least Chuck will, hopefully, keep
some of the more flagrant name calling out.

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 11:39:20 AM9/8/08
On Sep 8, 11:30 am, leo <34...@biill.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 08:00:09 -0700 (PDT), justwaitafrekinmin...@gmail.com
> some of the more flagrant name calling out.- Hide quoted text -

Might work for some, but the place is difficult to navigate and follow
sometimes.. Anyway, as to "this" place and this thread, are you in or
not?

Mike

Sep 8, 2008, 11:41:57 AM9/8/08
I'm in!

John H

Sep 8, 2008, 12:09:57 PM9/8/08
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 08:39:20 -0700 (PDT), justwaitaf...@gmail.com
wrote:

Absolutely.

With regards to Chuck's, I just go through the most recent 50. If there's
something there worthy of a comment, OK. If not, that's OK too.

BAR

Sep 8, 2008, 12:13:49 PM9/8/08
justwaitaf...@gmail.com wrote:
> Wafa and Salty have nothing to add here but hate and bullshit...

[ Snip ]

> Are you in?

Scott, set the example and don't respond to either one of them.

Don White

Sep 8, 2008, 12:52:54 PM9/8/08

"leo" <34...@biill.net> wrote in message

> I'm thinking we can save ourselves a headache just by going over to
> Chuck's
> Place. Eventually Chuck will reach the same conclusion Tom and Dick have.
> It's just a matter of time. In the meantime folks can use Scraping the
> Bottom if one must get into politics. At least Chuck will, hopefully, keep
> some of the more flagrant name calling out.

~~ Snerk ~~
The last time the motley crew went over there, a number of them were
"binned".
They just couldn't function in polite company.

hk

Sep 8, 2008, 1:00:22 PM9/8/08

There's one active thread in there now that actually has some useful
boating info. So far, "leo" has not contributed anything helpful, and
neither have Loogy, JustWait, and most of the rest of the Seven Schitts.

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 1:07:13 PM9/8/08
On Sep 8, 12:13 pm, BAR <sc...@you.com> wrote:

I am in, are you?

BAR

Sep 8, 2008, 1:06:30 PM9/8/08

Who holds the record for being binned Donnie!

BAR

Sep 8, 2008, 1:08:40 PM9/8/08

I just binned the three little idiots and salted them.

sa...@dog.com

Sep 8, 2008, 6:18:58 PM9/8/08
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 06:23:36 -0700 (PDT),
justwaitaf...@gmail.com wrote:

A week? You think rec.boats fell apart in a week? Make your pledge for
a YEAR, if you mean business, are really serious, and REALLY want
things to change. Otherwise, you are just making useless noise again.

A week? What a joke. Sounds like a typical right winger feeble
solution.

sa...@dog.com

Sep 8, 2008, 6:29:52 PM9/8/08

He already failed multiple times. Forget it. As long as Scotty has
access to usenet, he'll be posting about Harry. He cannot stop. He's
too much of a pussy to completely stop. When he tries to stop, he
posts about stopping and responds to other people who can't stop.

sa...@dog.com

Sep 8, 2008, 6:31:27 PM9/8/08

Yeah, but even this post mentions Harry! You twats are HOPELESS.

DK

Sep 8, 2008, 8:50:12 PM9/8/08

I'm in.

camacdonaldiii

Sep 8, 2008, 10:35:23 PM9/8/08

I'm in, with the exception that when my plaintiff action is served
upon WAFA, I'll post a link here with no editorial comment.

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 10:54:15 PM9/8/08
On Sep 8, 10:35 pm, camacdonaldiii <camacdonald...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Are you in?
>
> I'm in, with the exception that when my plaintiff action is served

> upon WAFA, I'll post a link here with no editorial comment.- Hide quoted text -

The idea is not to address them, mention, them, answer them, period..
in or out.. So if you think you are really in, glad to add you to the
list, posts such as the one you just made are not really in, but
hopefully you took you final shot.... I think JohnH fell out already
with a post to Donnie, earlier.. too bad..

Tim

Sep 8, 2008, 10:58:11 PM9/8/08
After talking with Scott this afternoon ( a good lengthy telephone
conversation I might add)

he knows my position.

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 11:06:59 PM9/8/08

Did I get chatty on you? Remember, you initiated the call;)

Don White

Sep 8, 2008, 11:09:35 PM9/8/08

"Tim" <tsch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> After talking with Scott this afternoon ( a good lengthy telephone
> conversation I might add)
>
> he knows my position.

I hope the call was on his nickel!

Tim

Sep 8, 2008, 11:11:31 PM9/8/08
On Sep 8, 10:09 pm, "Don White" <whi...@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> "Tim" <tschna...@gmail.com> wrote in message

No, it was my company dime.

LOL!

Tim

Sep 8, 2008, 11:12:00 PM9/8/08
On Sep 8, 10:09 pm, "Don White" <whi...@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> "Tim" <tschna...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Actually, more like a quarter!

? ; ^ Q

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 11:15:05 PM9/8/08

Dude, next time I will call you back, my plan has free calling within
the US and I have like 6000 rollover minutes to spare...;) Never
really thought about it, next time remind me, no reason to spend $$,
when I have the golden plan;)

Tim

Sep 8, 2008, 11:28:59 PM9/8/08

yeah, but I have unlimited calling (contenential, US Canada) for
$74.00 a mo, and a tax write off!

John H

Sep 9, 2008, 6:32:05 AM9/9/08
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:54:15 -0700 (PDT), justwaitaf...@gmail.com
wrote:

Hey, come on now. Your idea said "Harry and Salty". I should have
automatically included the other two, but I didn't. From now on I will.

May apologies to all.

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2008, 7:34:13 AM9/9/08
On Sep 9, 6:32 am, John H <tr...@out.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:54:15 -0700 (PDT), justwaitafrekinmin...@gmail.com

S'ok, It wasn't the recipeint of your post, it was the content... but
you are forgiven;) Sounds like things are straightening out here
already...

HK

Sep 9, 2008, 7:38:56 AM9/9/08

Subject header modified; content mostly or entirely off-topic for rec.boats.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

hk

Sep 9, 2008, 8:25:17 AM9/9/08
sa...@dog.com wrote:
> Another post mentioning the unmentionables! You guys are HOPELESSLY
> OBSESSED. You can't simply shut your pie holes. You HAVE to keep
> mentioning the unmentionable over and over, in posts vowing not to
> mention them.

PSA
Subject header modified to indicate post has little or no on-topic
boating content.

TJ

Sep 9, 2008, 8:47:11 AM9/9/08

Now there's an idea whose time has come. I resubscribed to ask a
question about rebuilding procedures for 2-cycle engines, and I see a
movement is afoot. I also see that since that movement started, the
offending subject matter has practically disappeared, at least as far as
new threads are concerned. I don't know how long it will last, but I
applaud the effort.

I, for one, don't see the harm in civilized debate. In fact, I believe
it to be beneficial. Good ideas can come from almost any source, but
they need to be examined carefully in the light of day to be sure they
actually ARE good ideas. It is when the debate becomes uncivilized that
the problems begin. The offending parties mentioned in the OP, and a few
others, have decided that "winning" is more important than being
civilized, and so they lose. No, that's not quite right. We all lose
when that happens.

I got sucked in before, but it won't happen again. I'm in, and not just
for a week. I'm in for the foreseeable future. As soon as I post this
reply I'll filter out the posters in question. I probably won't be here
all the time, because I don't have occasion to go boating nearly as much
as I'd like, but I'll be back from time to time. When I check in,
anybody who has posted something that I deem uncivilized will join the
the rest in my killfile. The subject matter of the offending post is
unimportant. The tone of the post is.

Fair enough?

TJ

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2008, 8:59:43 AM9/9/08
On Sep 9, 8:47 am, TJ <T...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> TJ- Hide quoted text -

Fair enough. Glad to have you back;) We will add your name to the list!

Don White

Sep 9, 2008, 10:06:59 AM9/9/08

"John H" <tr...@out.net> wrote in message

Don't let it happen again.
We expect you to show a good example to the enlisted men.
Officers...pfffffff!

Don White

Sep 9, 2008, 10:08:56 AM9/9/08

<sa...@dog.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 09 Sep 2008 06:32:05 -0400, John H <tr...@out.net> wrote:
>
> Another post mentioning the unmentionables! You guys are HOPELESSLY
> OBSESSED. You can't simply shut your pie holes. You HAVE to keep
> mentioning the unmentionable over and over, in posts vowing not to
> mention them.

I'm thinking of dumping half my cable tv channels.
This place is more entertaining than any situation comedy on the boob tube.

hk

Sep 9, 2008, 10:51:39 AM9/9/08

Subject header modified to indicate this post is off-topic.

hk

Sep 9, 2008, 10:53:06 AM9/9/08

Subject header modified, post is off-topic.

Don White

Sep 9, 2008, 11:03:09 AM9/9/08

"Don White" <whi...@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

On second thought...this situation is troubling.
Up here, if the privates take over and start issuing orders to the Lt.
Colonels (and other officers), we call it mutiny
John, you have to get control of this situation before the disease spreads.
No one will be safe!

justwaitaf...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2008, 9:44:12 AM9/15/08

Well, it's been a week and it was a real display of distruction by
Harry and his crew. Inviting a dozen or so idiots from other groups,
he kept the killfiles working over time. Now the little asshole has a
new name to try as he finally realized the only ones talking to him
here were SaltyBreath, JimH, and Donnie.. The rest could well be
sockpuppets from the three of them. Hopefully, most here noticed the
lengths Harry took to disrupt the group, and the typical playground
educated "thinkers" he brought in to do his dirty work. If anyone ever
thought he could be dealt with in a fair and honest manner, or that he
wants to talk boats here, I guess the last week has probably burst
your bubble. These guys have proven to be nothing buy whiney little
assholes all week, nobody here should forget.. Oh, and I see they are
starting to take on sockpupptes to try to get a new toehold, but I
suggest we just keep up the good work and leave him to his "friends"...

A Boater

Sep 15, 2008, 9:55:17 AM9/15/08

You're one of the major posts of off-topic crap, and therefore one of
the biggest contributors to its downfall, buddyboy.

sa...@dog.com

Sep 15, 2008, 10:42:54 AM9/15/08

Thanks for the attention. You really CAN"T keep your yap shut.

JimH

Sep 15, 2008, 6:29:26 PM9/15/08

You are over the edge Scott and need to get some serious help with
your mental condition as reflected by your posts here.

I seriously hope you get that help.

DK

Sep 15, 2008, 7:59:09 PM9/15/08

It's going well from here. Your statement will likely bring a cry of
"he invited us back" from the dumb one.