Batteryless bike flashing lights, new bicycle generator

iwi...@yahoo.com

Aug 8, 2005, 12:23:39 PM8/8/05
No battery is needed. No friction on any parts of the bicycle. Based on
a newly invented generator, this light system works regardless the
bicycle's speed and weather conditions (not like normal dynamos!).
Standby lights if you required.

our website: http://www.freelights.co.uk

Alex Rodriguez

Aug 9, 2005, 12:31:15 PM8/9/05
iwi...@yahoo.com says...

New? Since when? I forget who it was, but one of the big manufacturers had
basically the idenitcal generator, but they used it to power only the rear
light. It is also a lie that the system does not slow you down, it does slow
you down a wee bit. Power doesn't come for free.
------------
Alex

Jasper Janssen

Aug 22, 2005, 6:53:03 PM8/22/05
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:31:15 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <ad...@columbia.edu>
wrote:

It's basically just an external, low power hub generator -- which isn't
dismissive of the system, necessarily, but says enough about both the
limits and opportunities. Note he doesn't say it doens't slow you down, he
says there's no friction. And that's true. Just a small retarding force
acted out by the EM fields.

The problem is that a low-power white-led front light isn't up to code
(around here, at least), and more importantly fails to fulfill the entire
function. Half of said function is to be seen, which it does fine, and the
other is to see things -- which it doesn't.

Jasper

Jasper Janssen

Aug 22, 2005, 7:11:36 PM8/22/05

Incidentally, I just now noticed the price. That's a very good price for
the system, competitive with 2xAAA powered lights. I really dislike
flashing led lights, though. They're downright dangerous to others,
because of the distraction.

Jasper