Replacement cogs for SRAM cassette?

Mike Iglesias

Sep 18, 2008, 3:57:20 PM9/18/08
I have a SRAM PG 970 11-32 cassette in which the 14t cog is worn to the
point that it makes a new chain skip (all the other cogs are ok with a new
chain). I'd like to replace the cog but I've not been able to find any
online. Does anyone know of place to get a replacement cog for SRAM
cassettes?

The cassette is on my mountain bike, which I use to commute to work. I
spend a lot of time in that particular gear, and I accidentally let a chain
go too long without checking it, and the cog is now worn. I replaced the
cassette with a SRAM PG 980, but I hate to throw out the old one just
because one cog is worn.

--
Mike Iglesias Email: igle...@uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926

John Henderson

Sep 18, 2008, 4:45:36 PM9/18/08
Mike Iglesias wrote:

> I have a SRAM PG 970 11-32 cassette in which the 14t cog is
> worn to the point that it makes a new chain skip (all the
> other cogs are ok with a new chain). I'd like to replace the
> cog but I've not been able to find any online. Does anyone
> know of place to get a replacement cog for SRAM cassettes?
>
> The cassette is on my mountain bike, which I use to commute to
> work. I spend a lot of time in that particular gear, and I
> accidentally let a chain go too long without checking it, and
> the cog is now worn. I replaced the cassette with a SRAM PG
> 980, but I hate to throw out the old one just because one cog
> is worn.

You can use Miche sprockets - the Shimano-compatible ones, not
the Campagnolo.

http://smartbikeparts.com/search.php?letter=&cat=Cassette+Cogs&man=Miche

http://www.xxcycle.com/

(search xxcycle.com for "7136" and "7147", and go from there).

Alternatively, Marchisio sprockets are lighter, more expensive,
and arguably better. Again, you want the Shimano version.
They can be bought on-line from:

http://clemenzo.com/index.php/content/view/12/28/lang,en/

John