Polar 720 - broken wires

Andrey

Feb 26, 2005, 2:37:34 AM2/26/05
Hi, kind people!

I have wires broken on the connector of Power Output Sensor. There are three
colour-coded wires, blue, red, green.

The connector looks like this (from the soldering side)
+
+ +
| - The Key

Please somebody tell me where wich wire I must re-solder.
Polar 720 - broken wires

Regards
Andrew

orin...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2005, 9:35:08 PM2/26/05
>From the solder side:

Red
Blue Green
Key

If you take the bandlebar mount apart, you'll find the wires soldered
to the socket have the same colours and match those at the plug.

If you are brave and take the power unit at the chainstay apart, the
wires connect to a header and are in the same Blue, Red, Green order
looking from above into the back of the plug that connects to the
header.

FWIW, Blue is ground, green is +3V and red is signal.

Note that the plug has THREE parts which screw into each other. There
is the plug itself with the pins, a sleeve with the stress relief
fingers and a cap which compresses the stress relief fingers. Be very
careful that screwing the sleeve or the cap on doesn't twist the wires
and cause the same problem all over again...

Orin.

Andrey

Feb 28, 2005, 4:06:45 AM2/28/05

Thanks, Orin.
Your comments are much more useful than all useless support stuff at
Polar.fi

Andrey