Lifetime ban for riders found guilty of doping.................!!!

hiza...@yahoo.com

Jul 1, 2006, 5:19:24 AM7/1/06
The time has come for cycling to quit fooling around an insitute a
lifetime ban for any rider that is found guilty of doping. Let's put a
end to these mind numbing investigations based on inuendo. The riders
should know that if they choose to engage in doping or blood boosting
that their career is over.

We should not let a few riders destroy our sport. There is simply to
much money and heritage that is at stake.

raa...@hotmail.com

Jul 1, 2006, 6:51:47 AM7/1/06

I agree. I think it is ridiculous they have a fool named Millar who had
ability and potiential, who won a world cup but cheated an honest man
in the process; but after a 2 year suspension is returning saying "I'll
never do that again!". I think we should put him up against a wall and
fire big mac combos at him.

gtgel...@tiscali.co.uk

Jul 1, 2006, 8:30:45 AM7/1/06

Coppi took drugs, Anquetil took drugs, Merckx took drugs, it's part of
the sport. Live with it.

raa...@hotmail.com

Jul 1, 2006, 8:53:47 AM7/1/06

gtgel...@tiscali.co.uk wrote:
> Coppi took drugs, Anquetil took drugs, Merckx took drugs, it's part of
> the sport. Live with it.

No, YOU live with it, you moron.

benjo maso

Jul 1, 2006, 8:54:17 AM7/1/06

<hiza...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Every crimimologist can tell you that tougher measures and harsher penalties
have hardly any effect. The only effective way to reduce crime or the breach
of rules is increasing the risk of being caught. But as long as one taking
drugs can win the Tour, the World championship and other important races
without being punished, any hope that the use of doping can be stopped is a
mere illusion.

Benjo

hiza...@yahoo.com

Jul 1, 2006, 9:46:35 AM7/1/06
The main thing is that it get's rid of the dopers. It also dramatically
raises the risks for riders who choose to use drugs.

I would also like to see the FICP institute a code of conduct between
the riders and teams when drug allegations are involved. Suspensions
should only be based upon actual substances are discovered. It's
ridiculous to suspend a rider just because the visited a docter or
someone who was involved with drugs. There is way to much of this guilt
by innuendo floating around. The other big problem is that the press
hype has been driving the drug problem.

Gooserider

Jul 1, 2006, 4:59:42 PM7/1/06

<gtgel...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

Kind of like football without painkillers, and bodybuilding without
steroids.

Donald Munro

Jul 2, 2006, 12:36:28 PM7/2/06
raamman wrote:
> I agree. I think it is ridiculous they have a fool named Millar who had
> ability and potiential, who won a world cup but cheated an honest man

How do you know the honest man was honest ?

Curtis L. Russell

Jul 2, 2006, 2:24:34 PM7/2/06
On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 14:54:17 +0200, "benjo maso" <benjo...@chello.nl>
wrote:

>Every crimimologist can tell you that tougher measures and harsher penalties
>have hardly any effect.

Well.criminologists came after the heyday of real decimation and
summary executions. Just like doing no real testing, summary
executions have no false positives, at least during the appeal
process.

Do we have enough on the list to do one a day for the rest of the
Tour?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Alex Rodriguez

Jul 5, 2006, 1:40:18 PM7/5/06
In article <1151745564.5...@v61g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>,
hiza...@yahoo.com says...

>The time has come for cycling to quit fooling around an insitute a
>lifetime ban for any rider that is found guilty of doping. Let's put a
>end to these mind numbing investigations based on inuendo. The riders
>should know that if they choose to engage in doping or blood boosting
>that their career is over.

Sounds good, as long as the tests are proven tests and everyone agrees to
abide by the same set of rules.
---------------
Alex

Alex Rodriguez

Jul 5, 2006, 1:41:54 PM7/5/06
In article <1151751107....@h44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
raa...@hotmail.com says...

Does he get to race after the McD torture session? You need to keep in mind
that many of these racers are young and easily influenced by others. You
should give them a second chance.
Alex

hiza...@yahoo.com

Jul 27, 2006, 11:00:29 PM7/27/06
After Landis was found positive, there should be no question that a
lifetime ban should be instituted for first time offenders.

Now riders who are positive should have the right to appeal and be
allowed to ride again if they are found not guilty.