Tour of California Odds

Arnold's Nightmare

Nov 11, 2005, 12:46:55 PM11/11/05
Just posted in Las Vegas:

Tour of California organizers will have to cancel or alter stage due to
closure of Highway 1 from storm damage in mid-February: even odds

Tom Kunich

Nov 11, 2005, 8:44:23 PM11/11/05
"Arnold's Nightmare" <no...@nope.org> wrote in message

> Just posted in Las Vegas:
>
> Tour of California organizers will have to cancel or alter stage due to
> closure of Highway 1 from storm damage in mid-February: even odds

Maybe you can tell us how common Highway 1 damage south of Monterey occurs.

Scott

Nov 11, 2005, 9:09:49 PM11/11/05

I think you'd get pretty good odds that no matter what happens,
Lafferty will make drug allegations.

B. Lafferty

Nov 11, 2005, 9:18:30 PM11/11/05

"Scott" <hendric...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Incorrect. I and others will comment on drug use if that facts warrant it;
especially if the press reports it. If the riders stopped using drugs,
there wouldn't be press reports to discuss.

Scott

Nov 12, 2005, 12:24:31 AM11/12/05
Don't delude yourself. You'll make allegations regardless of the
situation or facts.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Nov 12, 2005, 12:31:23 AM11/12/05
>> I think you'd get pretty good odds that no matter what happens,
>> Lafferty will make drug allegations.
>>

> Incorrect. I and others will comment on drug use if that facts warrant it;
> especially if the press reports it. If the riders stopped using drugs,
> there wouldn't be press reports to discuss.

So the press never speculates, but only reports on what is factual? That, as
they say, is news to me.

I suspect the press will continue to "report" on drug use possibility for as
long as there is a winner... in any event. It's a good story. And nowhere
does it say that a story has to be factual to be written in the press. It's
just a story, until someone can prove otherwise. And the press being what it
is, they'll not pass up the opportunity to write something that they can
later claim "See, I told you so" since, on a story about drug usage, there's
little downside (since you can say that someone's somehow managed to
outsmart whatever tests are in place at the time, in the event someone never
test positive).

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> wrote in message

B. Lafferty

Nov 12, 2005, 6:32:02 AM11/12/05

"Mike Jacoubowsky" <mik...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

>>> I think you'd get pretty good odds that no matter what happens,
>>> Lafferty will make drug allegations.
>>>

>> Incorrect. I and others will comment on drug use if that facts warrant
>> it; especially if the press reports it. If the riders stopped using
>> drugs, there wouldn't be press reports to discuss.
>
> So the press never speculates, but only reports on what is factual? That,
> as they say, is news to me.

Or doesn't report or ask the hard questions, as in the case of PEZ. Fact can
be selected and slanted to fit an argument. That's why it's always best to
look at numerous news sources/points of view of differing points of view. As
for speculation, it seems to me that the cycling press doesn't generally
make up facts.

> I suspect the press will continue to "report" on drug use possibility for
> as long as there is a winner... in any event. It's a good story. And
> nowhere does it say that a story has to be factual to be written in the
> press. It's just a story, until someone can prove otherwise. And the press
> being what it is, they'll not pass up the opportunity to write something
> that they can later claim "See, I told you so" since, on a story about
> drug usage, there's little downside (since you can say that someone's
> somehow managed to outsmart whatever tests are in place at the time, in
> the event someone never test positive).

Be specific and give some examples to substantiate your assertion.

B. Lafferty

Nov 12, 2005, 6:58:26 AM11/12/05

> Don't delude yourself. You'll make allegations regardless of the
> situation or facts.

The only delusion here is your false allegation.

Tom Kunich

Nov 12, 2005, 9:48:42 AM11/12/05
"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> wrote in message

The problem is that Lafferty uses the time of day as sufficient "facts" to
warrant drug alligations.

Tom Kunich

Nov 12, 2005, 9:50:59 AM11/12/05

> Fact can be selected and slanted to fit an argument.

Isn't that Brian's specialty?

Carl Sundquist

Nov 12, 2005, 10:41:34 AM11/12/05

"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> wrote in message

>> So the press never speculates, but only reports on what is factual? That,
>> as they say, is news to me.
>
> Or doesn't report or ask the hard questions, as in the case of PEZ. Fact
> can be selected and slanted to fit an argument. That's why it's always
> best to look at numerous news sources/points of view of differing points
> of view. As for speculation, it seems to me that the cycling press doesn't
> generally make up facts.

That approach works for rbr, too.

Tom

Nov 12, 2005, 11:16:40 AM11/12/05
I can't believe you lump Pezcyclingnews in with "the media". Get a grip
man. It's just a website some regular people threw up there because
they like some cycling. It appears that they have fun running it,
posting some occassional "news" stories, and yeah, sometimes they put
some pictures up there of some hot chicks. And aside from that, don't
you think Armstrong has been asked the same questions over and over and
over again? We already know how he's going to answer, just leave it
alone man, leave it alone. I think you might be a tad bit obsessed with
Lance, and doping in general. Serisouly.

Tom

B. Lafferty

Nov 12, 2005, 12:28:38 PM11/12/05

"Tom" <gian...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I think your distinguishing Pez as "just a web" site is disingenuous at
best.

Note that I made no mention of Armstrong at all. Apparently, you're
obsessed with Armstrong and doping. He's retired. Let it go, at least
until the next factual news story involving Armstrong and drugs. Just don't
look for it on Pez. Try one of those other web sites like CyclingNews,
VeloNews, L'Equipe or AFP.

Carl Sundquist

Nov 12, 2005, 12:31:06 PM11/12/05

"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> wrote in message

> Note that I made no mention of Armstrong at all. Apparently, you're
> obsessed with Armstrong and doping. He's retired. Let it go, at least
> until the next factual news story involving Armstrong and drugs. Just
> don't look for it on Pez. Try one of those other web sites like
> CyclingNews, VeloNews, L'Equipe or AFP.

Not in this thread, but didn't you recently say that you wondered if PEZ was
a mouthpiece for the Discovery team beacuse of their lack of coverage of the
Armstrong/L'Equipe affair?

B. Lafferty

Nov 12, 2005, 2:48:39 PM11/12/05

"Carl Sundquist" <car...@cox.net> wrote in message

> "B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> wrote in message
>>
>> Note that I made no mention of Armstrong at all. Apparently, you're
>> obsessed with Armstrong and doping. He's retired. Let it go, at least
>> until the next factual news story involving Armstrong and drugs. Just
>> don't look for it on Pez. Try one of those other web sites like
>> CyclingNews, VeloNews, L'Equipe or AFP.
>
> Not in this thread,

Correct. Thank you.

Mike Jacoubowsky

Nov 13, 2005, 1:23:38 AM11/13/05
>> So the press never speculates, but only reports on what is factual? That,
>> as they say, is news to me.
>
> Or doesn't report or ask the hard questions, as in the case of PEZ. Fact
> can be selected and slanted to fit an argument. That's why it's always
> best to look at numerous news sources/points of view of differing points
> of view. As for speculation, it seems to me that the cycling press doesn't
> generally make up facts.

PEZ???!!! Does *anybody* mistake that site for anything but a fan site for
bike racing? I'd never expect to see Pez doing a hard interview, nor, would
I guess, would many others. It's entertainment, a bit of gossip, a rumor now
& then and podium girls.

>> I suspect the press will continue to "report" on drug use possibility for
>> as long as there is a winner... in any event. It's a good story. And
>> nowhere does it say that a story has to be factual to be written in the
>> press. It's just a story, until someone can prove otherwise. And the
>> press being what it is, they'll not pass up the opportunity to write
>> something that they can later claim "See, I told you so" since, on a
>> story about drug usage, there's little downside (since you can say that
>> someone's somehow managed to outsmart whatever tests are in place at the
>> time, in the event someone never test positive).
>
> Be specific and give some examples to substantiate your assertion.

Examples of what? The motivations behind an author's story??? Do I need a
degree in psychology, or am I supposed to question authors at gunpoint? Or
in a court of law? Obviously my own qualifications don't count (having
written for Competitive Cycling back in the day... anybody remember them?).
Nor what I learned hanging around the sport department of a newspaper for 15
years.

What are you asking me to prove?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

B. Lafferty

Nov 13, 2005, 6:20:34 AM11/13/05

>>> So the press never speculates, but only reports on what is factual?
>>> That, as they say, is news to me.
>>
>> Or doesn't report or ask the hard questions, as in the case of PEZ. Fact
>> can be selected and slanted to fit an argument. That's why it's always
>> best to look at numerous news sources/points of view of differing points
>> of view. As for speculation, it seems to me that the cycling press
>> doesn't generally make up facts.
>
> PEZ???!!! Does *anybody* mistake that site for anything but a fan site
> for bike racing? I'd never expect to see Pez doing a hard interview, nor,
> would I guess, would many others. It's entertainment, a bit of gossip, a
> rumor now & then and podium girls.

It's a fan site that also posed as a news source. E.g. "Eurotrash."

>>> I suspect the press will continue to "report" on drug use possibility
>>> for as long as there is a winner... in any event. It's a good story. And
>>> nowhere does it say that a story has to be factual to be written in the
>>> press. It's just a story, until someone can prove otherwise. And the
>>> press being what it is, they'll not pass up the opportunity to write
>>> something that they can later claim "See, I told you so" since, on a
>>> story about drug usage, there's little downside (since you can say that
>>> someone's somehow managed to outsmart whatever tests are in place at the
>>> time, in the event someone never test positive).
>>
>> Be specific and give some examples to substantiate your assertion.
>
> Examples of what?

Examples of this type of story-- "And the press being what it is, they'll

not pass up the opportunity to write something
that they can later claim "See, I told you so" since, on a story about
drug usage, there's little downside (since you can say that someone's
somehow managed to outsmart whatever tests are in place at the time, in
the event someone never test positive)."

Give us a specific example of such a published story.

b...@mambo.ucolick.org

Nov 13, 2005, 2:04:26 PM11/13/05
B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <mik...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> > PEZ???!!! Does *anybody* mistake that site for anything but a fan site
> > for bike racing? I'd never expect to see Pez doing a hard interview, nor,
> > would I guess, would many others. It's entertainment, a bit of gossip, a
> > rumor now & then and podium girls.
>
> It's a fan site that also posed as a news source. E.g. "Eurotrash."

I too am really upset that PEZ won't do the hard stories about
LANCE.

I'm also really upset that "In Style" and "Seventeen" magazines
aren't making any attempt to cover Valerie Plame, Judy Miller
and the CIA leak case. I'm thinking of canceling my subscriptions.
Sure, it will leave me without a ready source of fashion advice,
but I can always fall back on rbr for that.

B. Lafferty

Nov 13, 2005, 2:54:36 PM11/13/05

<b...@mambo.ucolick.org> wrote in message

PEZ 's market is cycle racing fans. In Style and Seventeen probably don't
have much of their markets interested in the leak case. Keep your
subscriptions, BJ. They might one day give you good advice to go with your
initials. ;-)

Tom Kunich

Nov 14, 2005, 10:08:55 AM11/14/05
Brian's market is making himself look foolish.

Tom

Nov 14, 2005, 12:52:47 PM11/14/05
Let's go this route then if you'd like.

They are an independent "cycling" news website, and since they are
independent, they are more than within their rights to publish stories
that they see fit to publish. Instead of going along with the
mainstream press on every single little doping story that pops up and
is obsessed about by cycling fans (cough, lafferty, cough), they decide
to indeed just cover the sport of cycling for the fan, who probably
cares about doping, realizes it's a problem, but doesn't need to be
constantly bombarded by it because that's what they get when looking at
other websites. Maybe that's their tilt. And yeah, maybe they are
Armstrong / Disco fans. That's their right isn't it? Just because
they're not posting stories about your favorite obsession (Lance and
doping) doesn't mean that they don't care. Maybe, they want to write
about and post stories about the "good" things that happen in the
cycling world. Or something to that effect.

Tom

B. Lafferty

Nov 14, 2005, 1:00:59 PM11/14/05

"Tom" <gian...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Forty or so years ago the back of boxes of Rice Chex cereal had the Good
News Press, a newspaper with only "good" news. You would have loved it.
Ignorance is indeed bliss. Do yourself a favor, don't change.

Tom

Nov 14, 2005, 3:10:46 PM11/14/05
I'm not saying I prescribe to that notion, I LOVE bad news just as much
as the next guy, I'm just saying, maybe this is one website where you
don't have to read the bad news. They don't seem to have much of it on
there. So indeed, I'm not ignorant, but sometimes, I like to go above
the fray and just read something good for a change. There is enough BS
going on in the world right now that bike racing dopers takes a very
low priority for me really. Amazingly enough, I'm still entertained by
bike racing, and don't even try to think who is doping, who is not. If
they are, they might get caught, and if they are and don't, good for
them. They found a way to work around the system. If they are, and they
do get caught, shame on them, and drum them out of the sport.

Tom

B. Lafferty

Nov 14, 2005, 3:40:57 PM11/14/05

"Tom" <gian...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Do you have a list of priority interests in order of interestedness? I'd be
curious to see where some things fall in your world view.

Michael Press

Nov 14, 2005, 5:35:43 PM11/14/05
In article
<vh4ef.8540$2y....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> wrote:

It is a thankless job preaching the word to the heathen. I
hope you get your reward, and soon. If you had something
to give maybe you could at least have some rice christians
in your tent.

--
Michael Press

B. Lafferty

Nov 14, 2005, 6:59:32 PM11/14/05

"Michael Press" <ja...@abc.net> wrote in message

Are "rice" Christians Evangelical, Main Line Protestant or a heretical
branch of Catholicism?

b...@mambo.ucolick.org

Nov 14, 2005, 7:54:22 PM11/14/05
B. Lafferty wrote:

> > It is a thankless job preaching the word to the heathen. I
> > hope you get your reward, and soon. If you had something
> > to give maybe you could at least have some rice christians
> > in your tent.

> Are "rice" Christians Evangelical, Main Line Protestant or a heretical
> branch of Catholicism?

Rice Christians are a little-known Catholic splinter sect who
venerate mass-produced goods, and use Rice Crispies Treats
bars instead of communion wafers. Tastier, but the chewing
noise can be really distracting at moments of transubstantiation.

HTH,
Ben

B. Lafferty

Nov 14, 2005, 8:00:45 PM11/14/05

<b...@mambo.ucolick.org> wrote in message

:-)

Curtis L. Russell

Nov 15, 2005, 9:23:15 AM11/15/05
On 14 Nov 2005 16:54:22 -0800, "b...@mambo.ucolick.org"
<b...@mambo.ucolick.org> wrote:

Wouldn't it be all better if you waited until after
transubstantiation?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Philip W. Moore, Jr.

Nov 15, 2005, 1:24:47 PM11/15/05
> Are "rice" Christians Evangelical, Main Line Protestant or a heretical
> branch of Catholicism?

Anybody who understands Catholic dogma knows that all denominations other
than Catholism are heretical.

B. Lafferty

Nov 15, 2005, 2:46:25 PM11/15/05

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <philip_w...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Wrong yet again.
PAPST JOHANNES PAUL II.

Apostolisches Schreiben als Motu Proprio
AD TUENDAM FIDEM
erlassen, durch das einige Normen in den
Codex Iuris Canonici und in den
Codex Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium eingefügt werden

Zum Schutz des Glaubens der katholischen Kirche gegenüber den Irrtümern, die
bei einigen Gläubigen auftreten, insbesondere bei denen, die sich mit den
Disziplinen der Theologie beschäftigen, schien es Uns, deren Hauptaufgabe es
ist, die Brüder im Glauben zu stärken (vgl. Lk 22,32), unbedingt notwendig,
in die geltenden Texte des Codex Iuris Canonici und des Codex Canonum
Ecclesiarum Orientalium Normen einzufügen, durch die ausdrücklich die
Pflicht auferlegt wird, die vom Lehramt der Kirche in endgültiger Weise
vorgelegten Wahrheiten zu beachten. Dabei finden auch die diesbezüglichen
kanonischen Sanktionen Erwähnung.

1. Seit den ersten Jahrhunderten bekennt die Kirche bis auf den heutigen Tag
die Wahrheiten über den Glauben an Christus und über das Geheimnis seiner
Erlösung; diese wurden nach und nach in den Glaubensbekenntissen
zusammengefaßt. Heute sind sie gemeinhin als Apostolisches
Glaubensbekenntnis oder als Nizäno-konstantinopolitanisches
Glaubensbekenntnis bekannt und werden von den Gläubigen bei der Meßfeier an
Hochfesten und Sonntagen gebetet.

Eben dieses Nizäno-konstantinopolitanische Glaubensbekenntnis ist in der
kürzlich von der Kongregation für die Glaubenslehre erarbeiteten Professio
fidei (1) enthalten, die in besonderer Weise von bestimmten Gläubigen
verlangt wird, wenn diese ein Amt übernehmen, das sich direkt oder indirekt
auf die vertieftere Forschung im Bereich der Wahrheiten über Glaube und
Sitten bezieht oder mit einer besonderen Vollmacht in der Leitung der Kirche
verbunden ist (2).

2. Die Professio fidei, der mit Recht das Nizäno-konstantinopolitanische
Glaubensbekenntnis vorangestellt ist, enthält darüber hinaus drei Absätze,
die jene Wahrheiten des katholischen Glaubens darlegen sollen, die die
Kirche unter der Führung des Heiligen Geistes, der sie »in die ganze
Wahrheit führen wird« (Joh 16,13), im Lauf der Jahrhunderte erforscht hat
oder noch tiefer erforschen muß (3).

Der erste Absatz lautet: »Fest glaube ich auch alles, was im geschriebenen
oder überlieferten Wort Gottes enthalten ist und von der Kirche als von Gott
geoffenbart zu glauben vorgelegt wird, sei es durch feierliches Urteil, sei
es durch das ordentliche und allgemeine Lehramt« (4). Dieser Absatz hat
seine entsprechende Bestimmung in der allgemeinen Gesetzgebung der Kirche in
can. 750 des Codex Iuris Canonici (5) und in can. 598 des Codex Canonum
Ecclesiarum Orientalium (6).

Der dritte Absatz lautet: »Außerdem hange ich mit religiösem Gehorsam des
Willens und des Verstandes den Lehren an, die der Papst oder das
Bischofskollegium vorlegen, wenn sie ihr authentisches Lehramt ausüben, auch
wenn sie nicht beabsichtigen, diese in einem endgültigen Akt zu verkünden«
(7). Er findet seine Entsprechung in can. 752 des Codex Iuris Canonici (8)
und in can. 599 des Codex Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium (9).

3. Im zweiten Absatz heißt es: »Mit Festigkeit erkenne ich auch an und halte
an allem und jedem fest, was bezüglich der Lehre des Glaubens und der Sitten
von der Kirche endgültig vorgelegt wird« (10). Dafür gibt es allerdings
keinen entsprechenden Canon in den Codices der katholischen Kirche. Dieser
Absatz der Professio fidei ist jedoch von größter Bedeutung, da er sich auf
die mit der göttlichen Offenbarung notwendigerweise verknüpften Wahrheiten
bezieht. Diese Wahrheiten, die bei der Erforschung der katholischen
Glaubenslehre eine besondere Inspiration des Heiligen Geistes für das
tiefere Verständnis einer bestimmten Wahrheit über Glaube oder Sitten durch
die Kirche zum Ausdruck bringen, sind aus historischen Gründen oder als
logische Folge mit der Offenbarung verknüpft.

4. Von der erwähnten Notwendigkeit gedrängt, haben Wir deshalb beschlossen,
diese Lücke im allgemeinen Kirchenrecht in der folgenden Weise zu schließen:

A. Can. 750 des Codex Iuris Canonici wird von nun an zwei Paragraphen haben,
deren erster aus dem Wortlaut des geltenden Canons besteht und deren zweiter
einen neuen Text enthält. Insgesamt lautet can. 750 jetzt folgendermaßen:

Can. 750 -§ 1. Kraft göttlichen und katholischen Glaubens ist all das zu
glauben, was im geschriebenen oder im überlieferten Wort Gottes als dem
einen der Kirche anvertrauten Glaubensgut enthalten ist und zugleich als von
Gott geoffenbart vorgelegt wird, sei es vom feierlichen Lehramt der Kirche,
sei es von ihrem ordentlichen und allgemeinen Lehramt; das wird ja auch
durch das gemeinsame Festhalten der Gläubigen unter der Führung des heiligen
Lehramtes offenkundig gemacht; daher sind alle gehalten, diesen
Glaubenswahrheiten entgegenstehende Lehren jedweder Art zu meiden.

§ 2. Fest anzuerkennen und zu halten ist auch alles und jedes, was vom
Lehramt der Kirche bezüglich des Glaubens und der Sitten endgültig vorgelegt
wird, das also, was zur unversehrten Bewahrung und zur getreuen Darlegung
des Glaubensgutes erforderlich ist; daher widersetzt sich der Lehre der
katholischen Kirche, wer diese als endgültig zu haltenden Sätze ablehnt.

In can. 1371, n. 1 des Codex Iuris Canonici wird dementsprechend die
Zitation des can. 750, § 2 eingefügt, so daß can. 1371 von nun an insgesamt
so lauten wird:

Can. 1371 - Mit einer gerechten Strafe soll belegt werden:

1. wer außer dem in can. 1364, § 1 genannten Fall eine vom Papst oder von
einem Ökumenischen Konzil verworfene Lehre vertritt oder eine Lehre, worüber
can. 750, § 2 oder can. 752 handelt, hartnäckig ablehnt und, nach Verwarnung
durch den Apostolischen Stuhl oder den Ordinarius, nicht widerruft;

2. wer sonst dem Apostolischen Stuhl, dem Ordinarius oder dem Oberen, der
rechtmäßig gebietet oder verbietet, nicht gehorcht und nach Verwarnung im
Ungehorsam verharrt.

B. Can. 598 des Codex Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientaliumwird von nun an zwei
Paragraphen enthalten: Dabei wird der erste aus dem Wortlaut des geltenden
Canons bestehen und der zweite einen neuen Text vorlegen, so daß can. 598
insgesamt so lautet:

Can. 598 - § 1. Kraft göttlichen und katholischen Glaubens ist all das zu
glauben, was im geschriebenen oder im überlieferten Wort Gottes als dem
einen der Kirche anvertrauten Glaubensgut enthalten ist und zugleich als von
Gott geoffenbart vorgelegt wird, sei es vom feierlichen Lehramt der Kirche,
sei es von ihrem ordentlichen und allgemeinen Lehramt; das wird ja auch
durch das gemeinsame Festhalten der Gläubigen unter der Führung des heiligen
Lehramtes offenkundig gemacht; daher sind alle gehalten, diesen
Glaubenswahrheiten entgegenstehende Lehren jedweder Art zu meiden.

§ 2. Fest anzuerkennen und zu halten ist auch alles und jedes, was vom
Lehramt der Kirche bezüglich des Glaubens und der Sitten endgültig vorgelegt
wird, das also, was zur unversehrten Bewahrung und zur getreuen Darlegung
des Glaubensgutes erforderlich ist; daher widersetzt sich der Lehre der
katholischen Kirche, wer diese als endgültig zu haltenden Sätze ablehnt.

In can. 1436 des Codex Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium sollen
dementsprechend die Worte hinzugefügt werden, die sich auf can. 598, § 2
beziehen, so daß can. 1436 insgesamt lauten wird:

Can. 1436 - § 1. Wer eine Wahrheit leugnet, die kraft göttlichen und
katholischen Glaubens zu glauben ist, oder sie in Zweifel zieht oder den
christlichen Glauben gänzlich ablehnt und nach rechtmäßiger Ermahnung sein
Unrecht nicht einsieht, soll als Häretiker oder Apostat mit der großen
Exkommunikation bestraft werden; der Kleriker kann darüber hinaus mit
anderen Strafen belegt werden, die Absetzung nicht ausgeschlossen.

§ 2. Außer diesen Fällen soll derjenige, der eine als endgültig zu halten
vorgelegte Lehre hartnäckig ablehnt oder an einer Lehre festhält, die vom
Papst oder vom Bischofskollegium in Ausübung ihres authentischen Lehramtes
als irrig zurückgewiesen worden ist, und nach rechtmäßiger Ermahnung sein
Unrecht nicht einsieht, mit einer angemessenen Strafe belegt werden.

5. Wir befehlen, daß alles, was Wir durch dieses als Motu proprio erlassene
Apostolische Schreiben entschieden haben, in der oben dargelegten Weise in
die allgemeine Gesetzgebung der katholischen Kirche, in den Codex Iuris
Canonici bzw. in den Codex Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium, einzufügen und
unter Aufhebung alles Entgegenstehenden rechtskräftig und gültig ist.

Rom bei St. Peter, am 18. Mai 1998, im 20. Jahr Unseres Pontifikates

B. Lafferty

Nov 15, 2005, 2:54:07 PM11/15/05

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." <philip_w...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
And here is the Latin for you dear Philip lest you not trust the Cardinal
Ratzinger's approved German translation. You will no odutb desire to do
your own translation into English.

LITTERAE APOSTOLICAE MOTU PROPRIO DATAE

AD TUENDAM FIDEM

QUIBUS NORMAE QUAEDAM INSERUNTURIN IN CODICE IURIS CANONICI
ET IN CODICE CANONUM ECCLESIARUM ORIENTALIUM

IOANNES PAULUS PP. II

Ad tuendam fidem Catholicae Ecclesiae contra errores insurgentes ex
parte aliquorum christifidelium, praesertim illorum qui in sacrae theologiae
disciplinas studiose incumbunt, pernecessarium visum est Nobis, quorum
praecipuum munus est fratres suos in fide confirmare (cfr Lc 22, 32), ut in
textum vigentium Codicis Iuris Canonici et Codicis Canonum Ecclesiarum
Orientalium addantur normae, quibus expresse imponatur officium servandi
veritates definitive ab Ecclesiae Magisterio propositas, addita mentione in
sanctionibus canonicis ad eandem materiam spectantibus.

1. Iam inde a prioribus saeculis usque ad hodiernum diem Ecclesia de
fide Christi Eiusque redemptionis mysterio profitetur veritates, postea
collectas in Symbola fidei; hodie enim communiter cognoscuntur atque
proclamantur a christifidelibus in Missarum celebratione sollemni et festiva
Symbolum Apostolorum aut Symbolum Nicaenum-Constatinopolitanum.

Hoc ipsum Symbolum Nicaenum-Constatinopolitanum continetur in
Professione fidei, a Congregatione pro Doctrina Fidei ulterius elaborata(1),
quae specialiter imponitur determinatis christifidelibus emittenda in
susceptione aliquorum officiorum directe vel indirecte respicientium
profundiorem investigationem in veritates de fide et de moribus aut
coniunctorum cum peculiari potestate in Ecclesiae regimine(2).

2. Professio fidei, rite praemisso Symbolo
Nicaeno-Constantinopolitano, habet etiam tres propositiones aut commata,
quae explicare intendunt fidei catholicae veritates ab Ecclesia, sub ductu
Spiritus Sancti qui eam «omnem veritatem docebit» (Io 16, 13), sequentibus
temporibus altius perscrutatas aut perscrutandas(3).

Primum comma, quod enuntiat: «Firma fide quoque credo ea omnia quae in
verbo Dei scripto vel tradito continentur et ab Ecclesia sive sollemni
iudicio sive ordinario et universali Magisterio tamquam divinitus revelata
credenda proponuntur»(4), congruenter affirmat et suum praescriptum habet in
legis latione universali Ecclesiae in can. 750 Codicis Iuris Canonici(5) et
in can. 598 Codicis Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium(6).

Tertium comma edicens: «Insuper religioso voluntatis et intellectus
obsequio doctrinis adhaereo quas sive Romanus Pontifex sive Collegium
Episcoporum enuntiant cum Magisterium authenticum exercent etsi non
definitivo actu easdem proclamare intendant»(7), locum suum obtinet in can.
752 Codicis Iuris Canonici(8) et in can. 599 Codicis Canonum Ecclesiarum
Orientalium(9).

3. Attamen secundum comma, in quo asseveratur: «Firmiter etiam
amplector ac retineo omnia et singula quae circa doctrinam de fide vel
moribus ab eadem definitive proponuntur»(10), nullum habet congruentem
canonem in Codicibus Ecclesiae Catholicae. Magni momenti est hoc comma
Professionis fidei, quippe quod indicet veritates necessario conexas cum
divina revelatione. Hae quidem veritates, quae in doctrinae catholicae
perscrutatione exprimunt particularem inspirationem divini Spiritus in
alicuius veritatis de fide vel de moribus profundiore Ecclesiae intellectu,
sive historica ratione sive logica consecutione conectuntur.

4. Quapropter dicta necessitate compulsi mature censuimus hanc legis
universalis lacunam complere insequenti modo:

A) Can. 750 Codicis Iuris Canonici posthac duas paragraphos habebit,
quarum prima constet textu vigentis canonis, altera vero novo textu sit
ornata, ita ut ipse can. 750 absolute sic sonet:

Can. 750 § 1. Fide divina et catholica ea omnia credenda sunt quae
verbo Dei scripto vel tradito, uno scilicet fidei deposito Ecclesiae
commisso, continentur, et insimul ut divinitus revelata proponuntur sive ab
Ecclesiae magisterio sollemni, sive ab eius magisterio ordinario et
universali, quod quidem communi adhaesione christifidelium sub ductu sacri
magisterii manifestatur; tenentur igitur omnes quascumque devitare doctrinas
iisdem contrarias.

§ 2. Firmiter etiam amplectenda ac retinenda sunt omnia et singula
quae circa doctrinam de fide vel moribus ab Ecclesiae magisterio definitive
proponuntur, scilicet quae ad idem fidei depositum sancte custodiendum et
fideliter exponendum requiruntur; ideoque doctrinae Ecclesiae catholicae
adversatur qui easdem propositiones definitive tenendas recusat.

In can. 1371, n. 1 Codicis Iuris Canonici congruenter addatur canonis
750 § 2 locus, ita ut ipse can. 1371 posthac absolute sic sonet:

Can. 1371 - Iusta poena puniatur:

1) qui, praeter casum de quo in can. 1364 § 1, doctrinam a Romano
Pontifice vel a Concilio Oecumenico damnatam docet vel doctrinam, de qua in
can. 750 § 2 vel in can. 752, pertinaciter respuit, et ab Apostolica Sede
vel ab Ordinario admonitus non retractat;

2) qui aliter Sedi Apostolicae, Ordinario, vel Superiori legitime
praecipienti vel prohibenti non obtemperat, et post monitum in inoboedientia
persistit.

B) Can. 598 Codicis Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium posthac duas
paragraphos habebit, quarum prima constet textu vigentis canonis, altera
vero novo textu sit ornata, ita ut ipse can. 598 absolute sic sonet:

Can. 598 § 1. Fide divina et catholica ea omnia credenda sunt, quae
verbo Dei scripto vel tradito, uno scilicet deposito fidei Ecclesiae
commisso continentur et simul ut divinitus revelata proponuntur sive ab
Ecclesiae magisterio sollemni sive ab eius magisterio ordinario et
universali, quod quidem communi adhaesione christifidelium sub ductu sacri
magisterii manifestatur; tenentur igitur omnes christifideles quascumque
devitare doctrinas eisdem contrarias.

§ 2. Firmiter etiam amplectenda ac retinenda sunt omnia et singula
quae circa doctrinam de fide vel moribus ab Ecclesiae magisterio definitive
proponuntur, scilicet quae ad idem fidei depositum sancte custodiendum et
fideliter exponendum requiruntur; ideoque doctrinae Ecclesiae catholicae
adversatur qui easdem propositiones definitive tenendas recusat.

In can. 1436 § 2 Codicis Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium congruenter
addantur verba, quae ad can. 598 § 2 se referant, ita ut ipse can. 1436
posthac absolute sic sonet:

Can. 1436 § 1. Qui aliquam veritatem fide divina et catholica
credendam denegat vel eam in dubium ponit aut fidem christianam ex toto
repudiat et legitime monitus non resipiscit, ut haereticus aut apostata
excommunicatione maiore puniatur, clericus praeterea aliis poenis puniri
potest non exclusa depositione.

§ 2. Praeter hos casus, qui sustinet doctrinam, quae a Romano
Pontifice vel Collegio Episcoporum magisterium authenticum exercentibus ut
definitive tenenda proponitur vel ut erronea damnata est, nec legitime
monitus resipiscit, congrua poena puniatur.

5. Quaecumque vero a Nobis hisce Litteris Apostolicis Motu Proprio
datis decreta sunt, ea omnia firma ac rata esse iubemus et inserenda
praecipimus in legis latione universali Catholicae Ecclesiae, respective in
Codice Iuris Canonici et in Codice Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium, sicuti
supra demonstratum est, contrariis quibuslibet rebus non obstantibus.

Datum Romae, apud Sanctum Petrum, die XVIII mensis Maii, anno
MCMXCVIII, Pontificatus Nostri vicesimo.

(1) CONGREGATIO PRO DOCTRINA FIDEI, Professio Fidei et Iusiurandum
fidelitatis in suscipiendo officio nomine Ecclesiae exercendo, 9 Ianuarii
1989, in AAS 81/1989, p. 105.

(2) Cfr Codex Iuris Canonici, can. 833.

(3) Cfr Codex Iuris Canonici, can. 747 § 1; Codex Canonum Ecclesiarum
Orientalium, can. 595 § 1.

(4) Cfr SACROSANCTUM CONCILIUM OECUMENICUM VATICANUM II, Constitutio
dogmatica Lumen gentium, De Ecclesia, n. 25, 21 Novembris 1964, in AAS
57/1965, pp. 29-31; Constitutio dogmatica Dei Verbum, De divina Revelatione,
18 Novembris 1965, n. 5, in AAS 58/1966, p. 819; CONGREGATIO PRO DOCTRINA
FIDEI, Instructio Donum veritatis, De ecclesiali theologi vocatione, 24 Maii
1990, n. 15, in AAS 82/1990, p. 1556.

(5) Codex Iuris Canonici, can. 750 - Fide divina et catholica ea omnia
credenda sunt quae verbo Dei scripto vel tradito, uno scilicet fidei
deposito Ecclesiae commisso, continentur, et insimul ut divinitus revelata
proponuntur sive ab Ecclesiae magisterio sollemni, sive ab eius magisterio
ordinario et universali, quod quidem communi adhaesione christifidelium sub
ductu sacri magisterii manifestatur; tenentur igitur omnes quascumque
devitare doctrinas iisdem contrarias.

(6) Codex Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium, can. 598 - Fide divina et
catholica ea omnia credenda sunt, quae verbo Dei scripto vel tradito, uno
scilicet deposito fidei Ecclesiae commisso continentur et simul ut divinitus
revelata proponuntur sive ab Ecclesiae magisterio sollemni sive ab eius
magisterio ordinario et universali, quod quidem communi adhaesione
christifidelium sub ductu sacri magisterii manifestatur; tenentur igitur
omnes christifideles quascumque devitare doctrinas eisdem contrarias.

(7) Cfr CONGREGATIO PRO DOCTRINA FIDEI, Instructio Donum veritatis, De
ecclesiali theologi vocatione, 24 Maii 1990, n. 17, in AAS 82/1990, p. 1557.

(8) Codex Iuris Canonici, can. 752 - Non quidem fidei assensus,
religiosum tamen intellectus et voluntatis obsequium praestandum est
doctrinae, quam sive Summus Pontifex sive Collegium Episcoporum de fide vel
de moribus enuntiant, cum magisterium authenticum exercent, etsi definitivo
actu eandem proclamare non intendant; christifideles ergo devitare curent
quae cum eadem non congruant.

(9) Codex Canonum Ecclesiarum Orientalium, can. 599 - Non quidem fidei
assensus, religiosum tamen intellectus et voluntatis obsequium praestandum
est doctrinae de fide et de moribus, quam sive Romanus Pontifex sive
Collegium Episcoporum enuntiant, cum magisterium authenticum exercent, etsi
definitivo actu eandem proclamare non intendunt; christifideles ergo curent,
ut devitent, quae cum eadem non congruunt.

(10) Cfr CONGREGATIO PRO DOCTRINA FIDEI, Instructio Donum veritatis,
De ecclesiali theologi vocatione, 24 Maii 1990, n. 16, in AAS 82/1990, p.
1557.

Michael Press

Nov 15, 2005, 6:49:58 PM11/15/05
In article
<z1ref.525$wf....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> wrote:

> "Philip W. Moore, Jr." <philip_w...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >> Are "rice" Christians Evangelical, Main Line Protestant or a heretical
> >> branch of Catholicism?
> >>

> > Anybody who understands Catholic dogma knows that all denominations other
> > than Catholism are heretical.
> >

> And here is the Latin for you dear Philip lest you not trust the Cardinal
> Ratzinger's approved German translation. You will no odutb desire to do
> your own translation into English.

May we have it in the original Polish?

--
Michael Press