David Millar - a breakdown.

Callistus Valerius

Nov 12, 2005, 6:22:23 PM11/12/05
I came back to England and started from scratch. I had to reinvent myself. I
had no choice because I’d lost everything.”
----he claimed to be a citizen of the world, why return to England?

I wanted to be liked, I wanted to make them happy,” he said. “I wanted to be
French and I wanted to fit in.
----Why did Phil Liggett think Millar was a fellow countryman, when Millar
thought he was Frenchman?

Millar plans to move to Spain, possibly to Girona, Lance Armstrong’s last
European base, in the new year. “Good weather, good roads and a reasonable
quality of life are what I’m looking for, but I don’t think I’ll be living
in a surfing, partying seaside town again,” he said, mindful of the
distractions of his former home in Biarritz.
----What happened to the fake french castle he was building? Did he think
he was a French nobleman?

Millar hopes that his new girlfriend, Nicole, will go with him. “We can live
a chilled-out existence and I can focus on training and racing,” he said.
----What happened to the fake French girlfriend?

“But the good thing is that I will come back to the UK a lot more and spend
time there.
----Sanity! Not a citizen of the world afterall. Now let's all hope he
doesn't start thinking he's spanish, now that he has signed with a team from
Spain.

Tom Kunich

Nov 14, 2005, 10:04:35 AM11/14/05
Maybe Miller wanted to make out with all those French girls. After all,
you want to make out with all those French men.

Jonathan v.d. Sluis

Nov 14, 2005, 12:48:21 PM11/14/05
"Tom Kunich" <cycl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Maybe Miller wanted to make out with all those French girls. After all,
> you want to make out with all those French men.

You should do something about that obsession of yours.

ronaldo_jeremiah

Nov 14, 2005, 12:54:23 PM11/14/05
Projection and reaction formation are both such fun to observe.

-RJ

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 14, 2005, 12:58:26 PM11/14/05

lol!

gym.gravity

Nov 14, 2005, 3:28:46 PM11/14/05

Callistus Valerius wrote some stuff about what David Millar said about
his comeback.

I thought this was the most interesting thing he said (cyclingnews):

After his ban, Millar fled France and relocated in Hayfield, Derbyshire
and stopped riding. "I had a long time off the bike, when I just didn't
even touch it," he told The Times. "Last summer I started riding again,
around the Peak District. I loved it and within a month felt like I was
flying. It reminded me that actually I am quite good at it."

It must be a cool feeling (to have talent).

Howard Kveck

Nov 14, 2005, 10:07:45 PM11/14/05
"ronaldo_jeremiah" <ronaldo_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Projection and reaction formation are both such fun to observe.
>
> -RJ

Do both of those also apply to the Lafferty obsession, Dr. Jeremiah?

--
tanx,
Howard

The sheriff is near...

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

ronaldo_jeremiah

Nov 15, 2005, 1:27:47 PM11/15/05

Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <1131990863.4...@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> "ronaldo_jeremiah" <ronaldo_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Projection and reaction formation are both such fun to observe.
> >
> > -RJ
>
> Do both of those also apply to the Lafferty obsession, Dr. Jeremiah?

I don't find Laff to be as off-base as many rbr regulars do. There are
at least three reasons for this:

1. He isn't as off-base as rbr regulars think he is.

2. I read his posts very selectively, so I don't get the full measure
of Laffertism.

3. I myself am a dumbass.

The truth is probably two of the three.

Recall that I started a thread in which I described my conversion to
Laffertism following the Tyler Hamilton doping scandal. Something
about that case still bothers me. Knowing that either an innocent
person is being ruined, OR that someone like TH could be a cheat, are
both unsettling.

-RJ

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 15, 2005, 2:14:47 PM11/15/05

ronaldo_jeremiah wrote:

> I don't find Laff to be as off-base as many rbr regulars do.

Dumbass -

He's not that off-base, the problem is that all he posts about is LANCE
or drugs or both and it's very, very often.

It's lame.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

mi...@dlowracing.org

Nov 15, 2005, 2:31:41 PM11/15/05

Callistus Valerius wrote:

> "But the good thing is that I will come back to the UK a lot more and spend
> time there.
> ----Sanity! Not a citizen of the world afterall. Now let's all hope he
> doesn't start thinking he's spanish, now that he has signed with a team from
> Spain.

----------------------
I like millar - he has panache. come to think of it, all my favorite
cyclists: millar, zulle, VDB were/are all dopers - so maybe they take
drugs so they can have panache.
remember in the tour of spain when millar broke away,
literally riding the field off his wheel on a climb, and then
TT'ing to victory? yeah, thats not normal,
you need to take dope to do that.

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 15, 2005, 2:34:04 PM11/15/05

m...@dlowracing.org wrote:

> ----------------------
> I like millar - he has panache. come to think of it, all my favorite
> cyclists: millar, zulle, VDB were/are all dopers - so maybe they take
> drugs so they can have panache.
> remember in the tour of spain when millar broke away,
> literally riding the field off his wheel on a climb, and then
> TT'ing to victory? yeah, thats not normal,
> you need to take dope to do that.

Dumbass -

You ever have 1 or 2 exceptionally good days a year where you can do
that?

It does happen.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Tom Kunich

Nov 15, 2005, 4:39:36 PM11/15/05
"Knowing that either an innocent person is being ruined, OR that
someone like TH could be a cheat, are both unsettling."

So you find it OK to ruin Tyler perchance that he was cheating.

Frank Drackman

Nov 15, 2005, 10:02:27 PM11/15/05

"Tom Kunich" <cycl...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Maybe Miller wanted to make out with all those French girls. After all,
> you want to make out with all those French men.

One word "latent"

Stu Fleming

Nov 16, 2005, 1:20:07 AM11/16/05
gym.gravity wrote:
> It must be a cool feeling (to have talent).

A feeling that typically lasts right up until the first major col in the
Tour when the rest of the pack rides away...but yes, good sentiment
nonetheless.

Donald Munro

Nov 16, 2005, 4:15:14 AM11/16/05
mike wrote:
> remember in the tour of spain when millar broke away,
> literally riding the field off his wheel on a climb, and then
> TT'ing to victory? yeah, thats not normal,
> you need to take dope to do that.

No, depending on what universe you're in, all you need are a few grams off
your wheels (although some methamphetamine hydrochloride may also be
useful according to the rbr astrophysics minion).

Gabe Brovedani

Nov 16, 2005, 10:57:04 PM11/16/05

On dope.

Gabe Brovedani

Carl Sundquist

Nov 17, 2005, 7:41:07 AM11/17/05

"Gabe Brovedani" <gb...@pacbell.net> wrote in message >>

>> Dumbass -
>>
>> You ever have 1 or 2 exceptionally good days a year where you can do
>> that?
>>
>> It does happen.
>>

>> thanks,
>>
>> K. Gringioni.
>>

> On dope.
>
> Gabe Brovedani

Nope. The downside is that it's entirely unpredictable and can occur on a
training day.