Grand Prix des Nations -- results

Roger Thomas

Sep 24, 1994, 11:38:25 AM9/24/94
Sorry no tape in my radio cassette and I couldn't keep up with the French!

However:
Grand Prix des Nations Sep 24, 42.5km at Lac de Madine

Run off in very trying conditions: windy, wet and slippery.

1 Tony Rominger
2 Francis Moreau
3 Thierry Marie
4 Pascal Lance
5 Charly Mottet
6 Chris Boardman (at 7.10?)

Fuller result follows.

--
Roger Thomas

Roger Thomas

Sep 24, 1994, 2:27:18 PM9/24/94
Reuter reports:

LAC DE MADINE, France, Sept 24
Tony Rominger humbled world champion Chris Boardman of Britain to win the
Grand Prix des Nations cycling time trial on Saturday.
Suffering from stomach problems, Boardman was never in
contention in the heavy rain, finishing sixth, seven minutes 13
seconds behind Rominger.
Victory in the season's most demanding time trial was all
the sweeter for the Swiss whose year has been marred by health
problems which forced him to retire from the Tour de France, his
main goal of 1994.
On the 84.5 kms of rain-soaked country roads surrounding the
lake of Madine, in the Lorraine region, the three times Tour of
Spain winner raced like the the world number one again, clocking
one hour 47 minutes 41 seconds at an average speed of 47.08 kph.
Nearest rival, former world pursuit champion Francis Moreau
of France, finished three minutes 48 seconds adrift.
Boardman even suffered the ultimate disgrace of seeing
Rominger, who started six minutes behind him, fly past at full
speed after 60 kms.
Rominger may now be tempted to tackle the one hour world
record of 53.040 kms set by Spain's Miguel Indurain in Bordeaux
at the beginning of the month.
He said: "I'm in the best shape of my life but it takes a
lot of preparation."

Leading placings in the 84.5 km Grand Prix des Nations time-trial on 24
September 1994

1. Tony Rominger (Switzerland) one hour 47 minutes 41 seconds
(average speed 47.082 kph)
2. Francis Moreau (France) 3:48 behind
3. Thierry Marie (France) 4:13
4. Pascal Lance (France) 4:29
5. Charly Mottet (France) 6:20
6. Chris Boardman (Britain) 7:10
7. Peter Meinert (Denmark) 7:13
8. Marek Lesniewski (Poland) 8:15
9. Stephen Hodge (Australia) 8:27
10. Andrea Chiurato (Italy) 8:51

--
Roger Thomas

CHU TING CHUNG

Sep 25, 1994, 12:10:57 PM9/25/94
In article <780421...@alcala.demon.co.uk>,
shamefully, indeed, Roger. The only rider ever to die on a climb on drugs
was disgracefully British. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>Roger Thomas

Steve Perryman

Sep 26, 1994, 3:47:06 AM9/26/94
I made Rominger's average time close to 48kmh (30mph) over 84.5km on a
flattish course and pissing down with rain. David Duffield on Eurosport
believes that an Hour attempt by Rominger is high likely this year.

There is no doubt who is the number one rider this year, whether it is the
classics, Tours, TTs. And it ain't the one that siu hy tji whose surname is
Chung worships either ... :-) :-)

As for Boardman : not a good TT. Refer to another thread concerning his 'loss'
of power in 50s etc since becoming a pro. If it's just first year tiredness
he'd better get stronger. I'd rather have him as the RTTC demon he was than a
track rider and Hour record holder.

Regards,
Steven Perryman
s...@bnr.co.uk

Thomas Neal Lewis

Sep 26, 1994, 9:33:14 AM9/26/94
In article <Cwp0y...@ecf.toronto.edu> ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) writes:
>HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Can someone tell me how to put this moron in a kill file?
--
Thomas N. Lewis
Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Chris Wallner

Sep 26, 1994, 11:31:35 AM9/26/94
In article <Cwp0y...@ecf.toronto.edu> ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG)
writes:

What kind of stupid, dumbass comment is this?! Besides having absolutely
NOTHING to do with Roger's post, it is also in incredibly bad taste. Do us all
a favor Chu, and stay the hell out of this newsgroup.

Chris

CHU TING CHUNG

Sep 26, 1994, 12:25:39 PM9/26/94
In article <365u9q$e...@bcrkh13.bnr.ca>, Steve Perryman <s...@bnr.co.uk> wrote:
>I made Rominger's average time close to 48kmh (30mph) over 84.5km on a
>flattish course and pissing down with rain. David Duffield on Eurosport
>believes that an Hour attempt by Rominger is high likely this year.
>
>There is no doubt who is the number one rider this year, whether it is the
>classics, Tours, TTs. And it ain't the one that siu hy tji whose surname is
>Chung worships either ... :-) :-)

It is really sad to see someone laughing at other reader's name because
of a different cultural background. And by the way, the last name is
Chu. Get it right, SHITEVEN PIGWOMAN (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT)

CHU TING CHUNG

Sep 26, 1994, 12:29:28 PM9/26/94
In article <366iiq$l...@acmey.gatech.edu>,

Thomas Neal Lewis <gt0...@prism.gatech.edu> wrote:
>In article <Cwp0y...@ecf.toronto.edu> ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) writes:
>>HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>
>Can someone tell me how to put this moron in a kill file?

Calling someone else a moron makes you a peanut brain.

CHU TING CHUNG

Sep 26, 1994, 12:35:07 PM9/26/94
In article <366pgn$6...@tali.hsc.colorado.edu>,
This is a personal flame war between me and Thomas. Do me a favour, and
stay the hell out of this. I have no intention of bringing anyone else
into this.

>Chris

Bill Lloyd

Sep 26, 1994, 1:31:57 PM9/26/94
In article <Cwqwq...@ecf.toronto.edu>,

CHU TING CHUNG <ch...@ecf.toronto.edu> wrote:
>In article <366pgn$6...@tali.hsc.colorado.edu>,
>Chris Wallner <ch...@sembilan.hsc.colorado.edu> wrote:

>>> shamefully, indeed, Roger. The only rider ever to die on a climb on drugs
>>>was disgracefully British. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>>
>>What kind of stupid, dumbass comment is this?! Besides having absolutely
>>NOTHING to do with Roger's post, it is also in incredibly bad taste. Do us all
>>a favor Chu, and stay the hell out of this newsgroup.
>
>This is a personal flame war between me and Thomas. Do me a favour, and
>stay the hell out of this. I have no intention of bringing anyone else
>into this.

Hey, I don't want to read your flame war. I can see why people are beginning
to get sick of you, since the last 4 posts I've seen of yours have had
nothing to do with cycling, they've been annoying jabs at people to try
and incite more angry posts. If you want a personal flame war, take it
to E-mail. I don't care if you're Asian or Greek or Spanish, you're still
acting childishly.

Bill

James Carmichael Hardy

Sep 26, 1994, 1:58:23 PM9/26/94
In article <Cwqwq...@ecf.toronto.edu> ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) writes:
>In article <366pgn$6...@tali.hsc.colorado.edu>,
>Chris Wallner <ch...@sembilan.hsc.colorado.edu> wrote:
>>In article <Cwp0y...@ecf.toronto.edu> ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG)
>>writes:
>>>In article <780421...@alcala.demon.co.uk>,
>>>Roger Thomas <Ro...@alcala.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> <race results posted by Roger, thanks! :) >
>> followed by:
>> <deleted bluster and crap from Chu.>
>>
> Then the studly chu-man wrote this:
>
>This is a personal flame war between me and Thomas. Do me a favour, and
>stay the hell out of this. I have no intention of bringing anyone else
>into this.

What the hell?! a "personal flame war"? TAKE IT TO E-MAIL. (please?)
You complain earlier that this newsgroup is not alt.fan.football, well, I
raise the point that this is not alt.flame. Take a cue from people like
Steve Perryman, Roger Thomas, Maj.Taylor, or Jobst (TIOOYK :). Post
something constructive, keep the group centered on intelligent discussion
of cycling, not petty "my hero kicks your hero's ass" wars. geez, perhaps
I am jsut being old-fashioned. To all others, thanks for the results,
keep 'em coming...

michael

PS. at the very least could you crop the articles you followup? with no
content at all, your articles need not bloat out to two pages...
--
__o--------------__o--/-----\e/-------------Michael Hardy-----------------
`\<, `\<, / I (mha...@owlnet.rice.edu)

K. Legate

Sep 26, 1994, 1:48:36 PM9/26/94
In article <Cwqwq...@ecf.toronto.edu>,
CHU TING CHUNG <ch...@ecf.toronto.edu> wrote:

>This is a personal flame war between me and Thomas. Do me a favour, and
>stay the hell out of this. I have no intention of bringing anyone else
>into this.

Then take it into P-mail, I don't want to have to read it.

Kyle

Mike Doncheski

Sep 26, 1994, 2:16:40 PM9/26/94
In article <Cwqwq...@ecf.toronto.edu>, ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) writes:
|> >What kind of stupid, dumbass comment is this?! Besides having absolutely
|> >NOTHING to do with Roger's post, it is also in incredibly bad taste. Do us all
|> >a favor Chu, and stay the hell out of this newsgroup.
|>
|> This is a personal flame war between me and Thomas. Do me a favour, and
|> stay the hell out of this. I have no intention of bringing anyone else
|> into this.

If this is a personal flame war, take it to alt.flame or, even better, to email.
I read rec.bicycles.racing for information about bicycle racing.

Mike
(m...@physics.carleton.ca)

P.S. Sorry to the poster (Chris?) for not properly attributing the first set of
comments.

Roger Thomas

Sep 26, 1994, 8:02:54 PM9/26/94
In article <Cwp0y...@ecf.toronto.edu>

Well, I've encountered some sad souls on my short time on the net, but you
must be the saddest...
Tom Simpson (if that's whom you refer to) was also, for the record, among
other things:
1st Tour of Flanders 1961
1st Bordeaux-Paris 1963
1st Milan-San Remo 1964
1st Tour of Lombardy 1965
1st World Pro Road Championships 1965

--
Roger Thomas

Aaron Shtromas

Sep 27, 1994, 6:47:21 AM9/27/94
In article <CwqwH...@ecf.toronto.edu>,

CHU TING CHUNG <ch...@ecf.toronto.edu> wrote:
>In article <366iiq$l...@acmey.gatech.edu>,
>Thomas Neal Lewis <gt0...@prism.gatech.edu> wrote:
>>In article <Cwp0y...@ecf.toronto.edu> ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) writes:
>>>HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>>
>>Can someone tell me how to put this moron in a kill file?
>
> Calling someone else a moron makes you a peanut brain.

ah, sir! but it's so true. i'm afraid, you come across rather moronic...

-aaron

--
Aaron Shtromas Software Engineering Group
a...@watson.ibm.com Project Agora

steve johnson

Sep 27, 1994, 3:34:05 PM9/27/94
CHUNG) wrote:

> >> shamefully, indeed, Roger. The only rider ever to die on a climb on drugs
> >>was disgracefully British. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
> >
> >What kind of stupid, dumbass comment is this?! Besides having absolutely
> >NOTHING to do with Roger's post, it is also in incredibly bad taste.
Do us all
> >a favor Chu, and stay the hell out of this newsgroup.
>
> This is a personal flame war between me and Thomas. Do me a favour, and
> stay the hell out of this. I have no intention of bringing anyone else
> into this.
> >
> >Chris

then i'd strongly suggest you both move to alt.flame for the duration.

Steve Perryman

Sep 27, 1994, 9:23:23 AM9/27/94
Chu doesn't seem to be particularly endowed with the correct humour to read
r.b.r. The posting taking the piss out of Tom Simpson was particularly bad,
but the problem I have with him is in general.

IMHO, I'm probably not best placed to judge, as most of r.b.r knows I don't
like one particular Spaniard(ita :-) :-) ) in the peloton, and have scored
several 'bait kills' which have caused bandwidth floods (especially around
July :-) :-) ) on that subject. However, I do use smileys at all times to
indicate 'humour' , and I have taken flame wars directed by/at me off-line
immediately when they blow up. There is also the small matter of contribution :
I post quite a bit of coverage on the Spanish pro season, so IMHO I put more
into r.b.r than I take out in baiting etc. So the group as a whole thrives
because at the end of the day, we all put in a little bit more than we took.

But you Chu ??
You don't appear to have a sense of humour, your articles indicate no humour,
and your Boardman/Indupain threads are going nowhere. Go home, I think I hear
your momma calling ... :-) :-)

Regards
Steven Perryman
s...@bnr.co.uk <------------- NOTE : An EMAIL address Chu !!!

PS: Is there a correlation between word-plays in foreign languages and
nationals reading r.b.r of that language with no humour ??

When I called Indurain 'La Miguelita' in July, loads of humourless Spanish
folks tried to come up with a witty/offensive word-play on my name.

And when I called Chu a 'small child' in Cantonese, he too felt inspired to
attempt the same thing.

Answers on a postcard please ... :-) :-)

Simon George

Sep 27, 1994, 8:41:04 AM9/27/94

The remarkable wit of ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) was thus:

<GP des Nations results courtesy of Roger Thomas sniped>

> >6 Chris Boardman (at 7.10?)

<snip>

> shamefully, indeed, Roger. The only rider ever to die on a climb on
drugs
> was disgracefully British. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Okay Chu, so you have a bee in your bonnet about Boardman and you worship
big mig, fine, everyone's welcome to have their fave riders.

However, the above reference to the late Tom Simpson I find in poor taste.
Okay, so he died of heat exhaustion which was probably exacerbated by
the use of amphetamines. This was a sadly premature ending to the life of
a rider who was remebered by all his colleagues in the peloton and friends
at home as a great & courageous rider and a true gentleman.

I think there have been umpteen worse disgraces in the history of drug
abuse in our sport, but few as tragic as this. For fans there was the added
disappointment of knowing that Tom was such a strong rider that he may
well have been a TdF contender in following years.

It was interesting to note that Indurain was excused his positive test
for Salbutamol by the French cycling federation, after hearing his
explanation that it was adminstered by inhaler for asthma. Well, they
were hardly likely to ban him from riding in France were they. Sources
have been quoted as saying that the amount found in his sample was too
high to be consistent with intake by inhaler though. Food for thought?

Your leap between Boardman and Simpson was also interesting. A more
possitive way to link them would have been that they were the first and
second British riders to wear the coveted Maillot Jaune.

So to 'our' Chris. You must allow us Brits to get a bit excited: we
only have a few riders in the pro' peleton, so a new one who exceeds all
(high) expectations is naturally a revelation.

Chris is a truely exceptional rider. Realise that he is still only at
the start of his career, and look at what he has already achieved.
Compare this to other good riders, and you'll see that he is not
there as a domestique.

Maybe you haven't heard so much about him out there in Toronto, but having
followed his career in Cycling Weekly for the last 5 years or so, one
notices that he has an uncanny knack of setting apparently high goals
and reaching them. He is undoubtably one of the most talented new riders
around at the moment.

Go on, admit it - weren't you really surprised when he beat Indurain and
Rominger in the Tour prologue? But he had set out to do it, and with
meticulous preparation it was achieved. This example is typical of his
of his many successes.

Indurain is probably at his lifetime's physical peak now and is obviously
one of the strongest riders there has ever been. Boardman is young,
already successful, and very shrewd. Can he win the Tour one day? Who
knows. But will he go on to greater triumphs to eclipse his already
considerable achievements? Undoubtably YES.

Watch this space for a more childish abuse? A measured response would be
nice, Che.
(Okay, so we're all _cycling_ fanatics, but c'mon.)

Cherio,
Simon

CHU TING CHUNG

Sep 27, 1994, 12:27:33 PM9/27/94
In article <CwsG...@info.bris.ac.uk>,

Simon George <s...@siva.bris.ac.uk> wrote:

>It was interesting to note that Indurain was excused his positive test
>for Salbutamol by the French cycling federation, after hearing his
>explanation that it was adminstered by inhaler for asthma. Well, they
>were hardly likely to ban him from riding in France were they. Sources
>have been quoted as saying that the amount found in his sample was too
>high to be consistent with intake by inhaler though. Food for thought?

Could you quote your sources, please?

>Go on, admit it - weren't you really surprised when he beat Indurain and
>Rominger in the Tour prologue? But he had set out to do it, and with
>meticulous preparation it was achieved. This example is typical of his
>of his many successes.
>
>Indurain is probably at his lifetime's physical peak now and is obviously
>one of the strongest riders there has ever been. Boardman is young,
>already successful, and very shrewd. Can he win the Tour one day? Who
>knows. But will he go on to greater triumphs to eclipse his already
>considerable achievements? Undoubtably YES.

Actually certain riders peak at 25 and never manage to improve their
results, such J.F.Bernard and Laurent Fignon, so it is hard to say
whether Boardman will keep up with successes.

David LaPorte (Biochem)

Sep 27, 1994, 2:20:18 PM9/27/94
CHU TING CHUNG (ch...@ecf.toronto.edu) wrote:

: Calling someone else a moron makes you a peanut brain.

Isn't it great to have such a witty person on the net? My 5 year old
would be very jealous of this level of repartee. Of course, she's a
Laborador retriever. ;-)

Dave LaPorte
U. of Minn.
dav...@microbe.med.umn.edu

PS. Quick quiz:

This person is imitating:

A- Moe
B- Larry
C- Curly
D- Rush Limbaugh

Torsten Heycke

Sep 27, 1994, 4:13:43 PM9/27/94
In article <3696cb$f...@bcrkh13.bnr.ca>, s...@bnr.co.uk (Steve Perryman)
wrote:

> Chu doesn't seem to be particularly endowed with the correct humour to read
> r.b.r.

I suspect that for most of us Chu is simply off the back, as it were. In my
personal peleton, he was dropped and picked up by the broom wagon (the kill
file). He will be disallowed in the peleton for some indeterminate period.

It is not worthwhile to dignify some of his postings with responses.

Torsten

WILLIAM ARTHUR ROOSA

Sep 26, 1994, 11:17:10 PM9/26/94
In article <CwqwH...@ecf.toronto.edu>, ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG)
writes:

>In article <366iiq$l...@acmey.gatech.edu>,
>Thomas Neal Lewis <gt0...@prism.gatech.edu> wrote:
>>In article <Cwp0y...@ecf.toronto.edu> ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG
) writes:
>>>HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
>>
>>Can someone tell me how to put this moron in a kill file?
>

> Calling someone else a moron makes you a peanut brain.
Calling someone a peanut brain makes you a moron... so I guess that makes me a
peanut brain? :-)

>>--
>>Thomas N. Lewis
>>Atlanta, Georgia, USA
>>gt0...@prism.gatech.edu

\o/
__o __o |
_'\<,_ _'\<,_ _'\-,_
(*)/ (*) (*)/ (*) (*)/ (*)

"You told your momma I'd get you home,

Roger Thomas

Sep 27, 1994, 2:34:12 AM9/27/94
In article <Cwqwq...@ecf.toronto.edu>

ch...@ecf.toronto.edu "CHU TING CHUNG" writes:
> This is a personal flame war between me and Thomas>

Speak for yourself.

--
Roger Thomas

Keith Erskine

Sep 28, 1994, 4:50:09 PM9/28/94
: CHU TING CHUNG <ch...@ecf.toronto.edu> wrote:

more garbage, surprise surprise.

I have CHU in a kill file, but I still have to wade through the
fallout of his garbage.

Everybody who is sick of CHU, try this:

Send e-mail to ro...@ecf.toronto.edu. Copy CHU's postings, and state
that CHU has abused netiquette repeatedly, and in fact has made
slanderous and libelous statements against British cyclist Tommy Simpson.
Suggest that ecf.toronto.edu might be held liable for providing CHU with
this ability. Suggest that the distribution for CHU's postings be limited
strictly to his own machine, it can be done!

This technique has worked for me in the past to temporarily rid the net
of a particularly venomous, clueless flamer.

Keith Erskine

ilan vardi

Sep 28, 1994, 9:42:53 PM9/28/94
In article <36cku1$e...@hpscit.sc.hp.com>, Keith Erskine <k...@fc.hp.com> wrote:

>that CHU has abused netiquette repeatedly, and in fact has made
>slanderous and libelous statements against British cyclist Tommy Simpson.

I dont' think libel is possible when the object of it is dead.
Moreover, it would be more accurate to say that the slander was about
all English cyclists *except* Simpson, since it is absolutely true
that he openly abused drugs.

-ilan

Alfonso Canella

Sep 28, 1994, 8:31:57 AM9/28/94
Dear Torsten,

Just a nit but, since you are in the ".edu" world you might as well learn,
it's "peloton" not "peleton".

Now, isn't it sweet to get educated for free? Tell that to the Stanford
tuition-setting people.....

Alf

Knape Knapev Vogt Manufacturing

Sep 28, 1994, 6:07:11 PM9/28/94
steve johnson (mmcm...@gsfcmail.nasa.gov) wrote:
: In article <Cwqwq...@ecf.toronto.edu>, ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING
: CHUNG) wrote:

What's all this got to do with GPdN results anyway. Go start your own
newsgroup, both of you -- how bout alt.immature.whinners.posing.as.rbrs

Mark Heinicke

Sep 29, 1994, 11:43:44 AM9/29/94

In article <CwwCK...@ecf.toronto.edu>, ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) writes:
>In article <36cku1$e...@hpscit.sc.hp.com>, Keith Erskine <k...@fc.hp.com> wrote:
>> and in fact has made
>>slanderous and libelous statements against British cyclist Tommy Simpson.
>
> That was no slander. Simpson died on drugs accelerated by the heat.

[attention Chu Ting Chung:]

I don't know from slander, legally speaking, Chu, but mocking the dead is
pretty repulsive unless we're talking about a mass murderer or such.

What's more, you used the Simpson case to slur the British in general, but
when someone drew your own ethnicity into the picture you got all indignant.
What's with your Anglophobia, anyway?

Mark Heinicke
mhei...@Glue.umd.edu

Steve Bak

Sep 28, 1994, 2:44:36 PM9/28/94
ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) explained:-

[RE: >>was disgracefully British. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! ]

> This is a personal flame war between me and Thomas. Do me a favour, and

Then please take it to email.

Also, please re-read your posts and ask if they are likely to be recieved
in the spirit in which you are sending them.

Do you realise that Tommy Simpson's widow may well be reading this?

Steve

Brad Anders

Sep 29, 1994, 4:06:40 AM9/29/94
In article <36cku1$e...@hpscit.sc.hp.com> k...@fc.hp.com (Keith Erskine) writes:
>From: k...@fc.hp.com (Keith Erskine)
>Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
>Subject: Re: Grand Prix des Nations -- results
>Date: 28 Sep 1994 20:50:09 GMT

>more garbage, surprise surprise.

I strongly disagree. While I don't care much for the tone of Chu's postings,
I don't see that he has done anything worse than a number of regular
posters do here on a daily basis. If you don't want to participate in the
"debate" as it is with him, then kill not only him, but the two threads
that are the topics. Hassling his sysop seems out of line at this time.

Brad Anders

CHU TING CHUNG

Sep 29, 1994, 11:05:04 AM9/29/94
In article <36cku1$e...@hpscit.sc.hp.com>, Keith Erskine <k...@fc.hp.com> wrote:
>: CHU TING CHUNG <ch...@ecf.toronto.edu> wrote:
>
>more garbage, surprise surprise.
>
>I have CHU in a kill file, but I still have to wade through the
>fallout of his garbage.
>
>Everybody who is sick of CHU, try this:
>
>Send e-mail to ro...@ecf.toronto.edu. Copy CHU's postings, and state
>that CHU has abused netiquette repeatedly, and in fact has made
>slanderous and libelous statements against British cyclist Tommy Simpson.

That was no slander. Simpson died on drugs accelerated by the heat.

Steven L. Sheffield

Sep 29, 1994, 11:21:24 AM9/29/94
In article <36cku1$e...@hpscit.sc.hp.com> k...@fc.hp.com (Keith Erskine) writes:

This constitutes censorship, and I won't stand for it. If you don't
like what CHU has to say, put him in your kill file. Since his
postings (and subsequent fallout) seem to be confined to the subject:
"Re: Grand Prix des Nations -- results", put this subject in your
kill file.

CHU is obnoxious, and we have the right to ignore him. We don't have
the right to remove his right to be an asshole in public.

BTW, this subject is now in MY kill file, with followups directed to
/dev/null

--
Steven L. Sheffield Disclaimer? I don't need no
(BOB #1765/IBOB #3) stinking disclaimer.

Brian A. Mellor

Oct 4, 1994, 4:26:53 AM10/4/94
In article <CwwGM...@ecf.toronto.edu>, ch...@ecf.toronto.edu (CHU TING CHUNG) writes:
|> In article <36enbg$5...@mojo.eng.umd.edu>,

|> Mark Heinicke <mhei...@eng.umd.edu> wrote:
|> >
|> >I don't know from slander, legally speaking, Chu, but mocking the dead is
|> >pretty repulsive unless we're talking about a mass murderer or such.
|> >
|> >What's more, you used the Simpson case to slur the British in general, but
|> >when someone drew your own ethnicity into the picture you got all indignant.
|> >What's with your Anglophobia, anyway?
|> >
|> >Mark Heinicke
|> >mhei...@Glue.umd.edu
|>
|> Please do this through e-mail as your argument is drifting away from
|> cycling.

(otherwise speechless)

Brian