Resignation Letter

Andrew Albright

Sep 7, 2000, 9:37:01 AM9/7/00
To Whom It May Concern,

I have been recently diagnosed with cancer of the fingers and have only
a few days left where I can type OK. Therefore, since I won't be able to
post to rbr anymore, I feel that I must relinquish my duties as Supreme
Ruler of RBR effective this week.

I also think that rbr has become and increasingly volatile place, where
people are more interested with 'winning' threads rather than actually
talking openly about bicycle racing. So my plan was to slowly stop
posting, and not make a big announcement out of it anyway, but then the
finger illness came along.

I have given you so much in my tenure as SRoR (candy-ass awards, candy
ass awards, Saddle Sore of the Month, catchy catch-phrases like 'Ken
Pappy', and much much more), so be happy with what you have and don't
mourn my not being able to post anymore.

I have narrowed the list down to a small number of able-bodied
replacements and will announce at the end of the week who my successor
shall be. The short list is David LaPorte, John Verheul, Tom Kunich, Ken
Papai, and N. Peter Armitage. All have the necessary constitution to
carry out the job to the best of their ability.

Thank you,
Andrew Vernon Albright

cog...@grecc.umaryland.edu

Sep 7, 2000, 9:59:41 AM9/7/00
Andrew Albright wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern,

(snip)

Gosh dang it - there's that annoying buzz again! ;-)

Andy Coggan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

jh...@vignette.com

Sep 7, 2000, 10:40:27 AM9/7/00

Andrew Albright wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I have been recently diagnosed with cancer of the fingers and have only
> a few days left where I can type OK. Therefore, since I won't be able to
> post to rbr anymore, I feel that I must relinquish my duties as Supreme
> Ruler of RBR effective this week.
>
> I also think that rbr has become and increasingly volatile place, where
> people are more interested with 'winning' threads rather than actually
> talking openly about bicycle racing.

And you've been more responsible for this than anyone else.

Kevin T Lacour

Sep 7, 2000, 11:01:48 AM9/7/00
A couple quick questions:

- I'm confused, is it AA or AVA that is resigning? AA sent the note, but AVA
signed it.

- Should a vote be set-up to assign the new Ruler of All Things rbr
(RAT.rbr), or will you appoint a worthy/worthless successor? Do those in
your dominion have a voice in this matter?

- What does Ron Jeremy think of all this?

- Will you continue to update us on your Ullrich diet?

- Should we care?

Inquiring minds want to know ...

Regards -
ktl

kevin.lacour.vcf

breil...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 11:01:11 AM9/7/00
In article <39B799FE...@mail.med.upenn.edu>,

alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I have been recently diagnosed with cancer of the fingers and have
only
> a few days left where I can type OK. Therefore, since I won't be able
> post to rbr anymore, I feel that I must relinquish my duties as
Supreme
> Ruler of RBR effective this week.
>
> I also think that rbr has become and increasingly volatile place,
where
> people are more interested with 'winning' threads rather than actually
> talking openly about bicycle racing. So my plan was to slowly stop
> posting, and not make a big announcement out of it anyway, but then
the
> finger illness came along.
>
> <snip>

> Thank you,
> Andrew Vernon Albright

You know, if they have to amputate I'm sure there are prostheses
available.

Bill

rick-...@uiowa.edu

Sep 7, 2000, 11:02:39 AM9/7/00

Andrew Albright wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I have been recently diagnosed with cancer of the fingers and have only
> a few days left where I can type OK. Therefore, since I won't be able to
> post to rbr anymore, I feel that I must relinquish my duties as Supreme
> Ruler of RBR effective this week.

Whew! It's about time.

Rick

rob palachick

Sep 7, 2000, 11:33:07 AM9/7/00

Andrew Albright wrote in message <39B799FE...@mail.med.upenn.edu>...

i'm a little bummed that i didnt make the list, especially since i said FU
to a preacher. that has to be worth something.

scott patton

Sep 7, 2000, 11:39:40 AM9/7/00
In article <39B799FE...@mail.med.upenn.edu>,

Dude, it must be tough, being a legend in your own mind. A burden
most of us CHOSE not to deal with. Sorry you cant make a simple
choice.

As for wanting to talk about bike racing, you have flamed people
for that, in the past 2-3 weeks (your boring thread).

Enjoy your time away.

Scott

Martin Clan

Sep 7, 2000, 11:45:53 AM9/7/00
"Spotlights, spotlights please..."

Yesterday Vern was baring his arse to the public, today he's dancing on the
table tops and feigning the imminent demise of his digits.

I can't wait to see just how long he can keep his promises,
2-hours and counting...

Bonnie
Which by the way IS a "B" word

"Andrew Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message

pban...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 11:51:04 AM9/7/00
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> I have been recently diagnosed with cancer of the fingers and have
only
> a few days left where I can type OK. Therefore, since I won't be able
> post to rbr anymore, I feel that I must relinquish my duties as
Supreme
> Ruler of RBR effective this week.

Are you sure it isn't just CTS? You've posted 48 times in just the past
two days.

> I have narrowed the list down to a small number of able-bodied
> replacements and will announce at the end of the week who my successor
> shall be. The short list is David LaPorte, John Verheul, Tom Kunich,
Ken
> Papai, and N. Peter Armitage. All have the necessary constitution to
> carry out the job to the best of their ability.

I nominate Dave Bailey for the following reasons:

1. He hardly ever posts
2. All of his posts are great
3. He's a better rider than all of the guys listed above
4. He's smarter than all of the guys listed above
5. He's funnier than all of the guys listed above

Brad Anders

Jim Flom

Sep 7, 2000, 12:00:26 PM9/7/00
"rob palachick" wrote...

> i'm a little bummed that i didnt make the list, especially since i said FU
> to a preacher. that has to be worth something.

Sorry pal. It doesn't count for squat since I'm not a preacher any more.
There is a reward though for stuff like that, but you will probably have to
wait a long, long time.

Jim

rob palachick

Sep 7, 2000, 12:18:59 PM9/7/00

Jim Flom wrote in message ...

oh are you talking about hell? my hell really isnt all that bad. andrew
can tell you what it is.

plus, i don't think i'll go on account of the fact that i'm really a nice
guy, as evidenced this morning on my training ride when i pulled over a cop
and made him help the poor stray dog that was wandering out in belmont
avenue during rush hour. the fat fuck didnt want to get out of the car and
help. i made him though.

Peter Okkema

Sep 7, 2000, 12:28:43 PM9/7/00
Perhaps you can contact that guy with the "hand of Maldoror" and talk about
some kind of transplant.

Pete

Carl Sundquist

Sep 7, 2000, 12:46:51 PM9/7/00
Andrew Albright wrote:

> I have narrowed the list down to a small number of able-bodied
> replacements and will announce at the end of the week who my successor
> shall be. The short list is David LaPorte, John Verheul, Tom Kunich, Ken
> Papai, and N. Peter Armitage. All have the necessary constitution to
> carry out the job to the best of their ability.

Damn! Coaches selection again!

Carl Sundquist

Sep 7, 2000, 12:49:05 PM9/7/00
breil...@my-deja.com wrote:

Zarrabeitia has a couple he can spare.

Sorry, had to say it so Verheul could add it to his database.

Henry Chang

Sep 7, 2000, 1:03:59 PM9/7/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 15:51:04 GMT, pban...@my-deja.com wrote:

>> replacements and will announce at the end of the week who my successor
>> shall be. The short list is David LaPorte, John Verheul, Tom Kunich,
>Ken
>> Papai, and N. Peter Armitage. All have the necessary constitution to
>> carry out the job to the best of their ability.
>
>I nominate Dave Bailey for the following reasons:
>
>1. He hardly ever posts
>2. All of his posts are great
>3. He's a better rider than all of the guys listed above
>4. He's smarter than all of the guys listed above
>5. He's funnier than all of the guys listed above

I'd agree with the above except for "3."

Bailey is good at pursuit and ITT but his mass start racing sucks by
comparison. Verheul and Armitage are much better mass start racers and
mass start racing is what bike racing is all about (unless you talk to
Hoffman or Goggins).

Henry

John Verheul

Sep 7, 2000, 1:09:59 PM9/7/00
In article <39B7C5EB...@earthlink.net>,
Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Damn! Coaches selection again!

If there was any depth here on rbr we wouldn't need coaches selection!

John Verheul

Henry Chang

Sep 7, 2000, 1:21:52 PM9/7/00

Candyassing automatically disqualifies one from being SRoRBR. Just
like being a Convicted Felon disqualifies one from being President.

Henry

dave_...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 1:15:51 PM9/7/00
In article <8p8f75$pgi$1...@slb7.atl.mindspring.net>,

"rob palachick" <britt...@pipeline.com> wrote:

> Jim Flom wrote in message ...
> >"rob palachick" wrote...
> >>
> >> i'm a little bummed that i didnt make the list, especially since i
said
> FU
> >> to a preacher. that has to be worth something.
> >
> >Sorry pal. It doesn't count for squat since I'm not a preacher any
more.
> >There is a reward though for stuff like that, but you will probably
have to
> >wait a long, long time.
> >
> >Jim
>
> oh are you talking about hell? my hell really isnt all that bad.
andrew
> can tell you what it is.
>
> plus, i don't think i'll go on account of the fact that i'm really a
nice
> guy,

OK

as evidenced this morning on my training ride when i pulled over a cop
> and made him help the poor stray dog that was wandering out in belmont
> avenue during rush hour. the fat fuck didnt want to get out of the
car

LMAO!!!!!!!
Dave

and> help. i made him though.

Tom Kunich

Sep 7, 2000, 1:47:33 PM9/7/00
What's the address of the bridge you live under so that I can send a
get-well card?

vc_...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 2:10:24 PM9/7/00
> To Whom It May Concern,
>
> ....since I won't be able to post to rbr anymore,

10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1. You're out!

VC Slim

John Verheul

Sep 7, 2000, 2:16:05 PM9/7/00
In article <39b7c9bc....@news.connectnet.com>,

I'm flattered, but to the best of my knowledge Dave and I have never
raced. Since we've never raced head to head, we have to compare our
resumes to determine the best racer. If I recall correctly, Dave has
won a National Collegiate title on the road (in mass-start), while my
biggest wins are the Locktown RR and the Tour of Rahway.

Bailey wins over me, hands down.

As for Armitage, he used to be pretty good, but last time I checked he
was having a hard time regaining his old form.

John Verheul

Ken Papai

Sep 7, 2000, 2:35:06 PM9/7/00
>"Andrew Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
>> To Whom It May Concern,
>> I have given you so much in my tenure as SRoR (candy-ass awards, candy
>> ass awards, Saddle Sore of the Month, catchy catch-phrases like 'Ken
>> Pappy', and much much more), so be happy with what you have and don't
>> mourn my not being able to post anymore.
>>
>> I have narrowed the list down to a small number of able-bodied
>> replacements and will announce at the end of the week who my successor
>> shall be. The short list is David LaPorte, John Verheul, Tom Kunich, Ken
>> Papai, and N. Peter Armitage. All have the necessary constitution to
>> carry out the job to the best of their ability.

I vote for N. Peter and Kunich since theyz local boyz.

--
Ken Papai Marin County, California
k...@kenpapai.com http://www.rahul.net/kpapai

Ken Papai

Sep 7, 2000, 2:38:21 PM9/7/00
In <20000907134033...@ng-md1.aol.com> rmcr...@aol.comnojunk (Ryan M. Crissey) writes:

>Brad Anders wrote:

>>I nominate Dave Bailey for the following reasons:
>>1. He hardly ever posts

True

>>2. All of his posts are great

Not true

>>3. He's a better rider than all of the guys listed above

True

>>4. He's smarter than all of the guys listed above

NOT true (does he know biochem AND organic chemistry?). We all
know Kunich is the most brilliant and has likely highest IQ.

>>5. He's funnier than all of the guys listed above

TRUE

He has 3 of the 5 abilities. He wins. I hope he wins.

>I'll second the motion.
>Ryan Crissey

6. How about looks? Again Kunich wins this one, narrowly edging
Bailey. I didn't say what *kind* of looks though.

kevin_m...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 2:33:40 PM9/7/00
In article <20000907134033...@ng-md1.aol.com>,
rmcr...@aol.comnojunk (Ryan M. Crissey) wrote:

> Brad Anders wrote:
>
> >I nominate Dave Bailey for the following reasons:
> >
> >1. He hardly ever posts
> >2. All of his posts are great
> >3. He's a better rider than all of the guys listed above
> >4. He's smarter than all of the guys listed above
> >5. He's funnier than all of the guys listed above
> >

> I'll second the motion.

This whole thread is preposterous because it started with a false
pretense. That pretense being that Dave Bailey was NOT Supreme Ruler of
RBR. Dave always was, is, and always shall be, Supreme Ruler of RBR.
Nobody writes about feces quite the way Dave does. It's an art.

Andrew is just jealous of Dave because Dave's got blue hair, and because
he can time trial and ride on the track.

Long live Dave Bailey!

--
Kevin Metcalfe
kevin_m...@my-deja.com

Tom Kunich

Sep 7, 2000, 5:12:14 PM9/7/00
"Ken Papai" <kpa...@rahul.net> wrote in message

> In <20000907134033...@ng-md1.aol.com> rmcr...@aol.comnojunk
(Ryan M. Crissey) writes:

> >Brad Anders wrote:
>
> >>4. He's smarter than all of the guys listed above
> NOT true (does he know biochem AND organic chemistry?). We all
> know Kunich is the most brilliant and has likely highest IQ.

Yeah, but 3 isn't all that much to talk about. Though I admit it beats out
most of those here who have toiled to PhD's.

> >>5. He's funnier than all of the guys listed above
> TRUE

If you prefer toilet humor. Personally I got the picture of that gross movie
from the 60's starring Catherine Denevue where she was some crazy broad
living with a dead body rotting in the house. Makes you sort of want to
rename him "Turdman" or something.

> 6. How about looks? Again Kunich wins this one, narrowly edging
> Bailey. I didn't say what *kind* of looks though.

Now wait a minute -- no one knows anything about you. You post a picture of
your Dad and he looks like he's some sort of Polynesian god and then there
is this picture of you and you look like a midget Hunky or something....
Just what sort of name is Papai anyway?

It's a good thing you take good pictures or else we'd be forced to send
cousin Guido over to talk to you.

N. Peter Armitage

Sep 7, 2000, 10:31:40 AM9/7/00

John Verheul wrote:

> > Bailey is good at pursuit and ITT but his mass start racing sucks by
> > comparison. Verheul and Armitage are much better mass start racers and
> > mass start racing is what bike racing is all about (unless you talk to
> > Hoffman or Goggins).
>
> I'm flattered, but to the best of my knowledge Dave and I have never
> raced. Since we've never raced head to head, we have to compare our
> resumes to determine the best racer. If I recall correctly, Dave has
> won a National Collegiate title on the road (in mass-start), while my
> biggest wins are the Locktown RR and the Tour of Rahway.
>
> Bailey wins over me, hands down.
>
> As for Armitage, he used to be pretty good, but last time I checked he
> was having a hard time regaining his old form.
>
> John Verheul
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Aaahhh... but Dave's main contribution to all 3 team titles was always in
the TTT.

As for me.... I suck nowadays. You can't even see me in Ken P.'s Giro de
SF pictures, 'cause I was almost dead last.

-P

Rock Chalk Rick

Sep 7, 2000, 5:32:30 PM9/7/00
"Carl Sundquist" <car...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

I'm sure there's lots of people here willing to give Andrew the finger.

pban...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 5:43:14 PM9/7/00
In article <8p8vpj$rbn$1...@news.cadence.com>,
"Tom Kunich" <tku...@cadence.com> wrote:
> This from a lurker who disappears from the net for long periods of
time when
> someone calls him a name like "hey you".

Yawn.

scott patton

Sep 7, 2000, 5:52:10 PM9/7/00
In article <8p8vpj$rbn$1...@news.cadence.com>,
Tom Kunich <tku...@cadence.com> wrote:
>This from a lurker who disappears from the net for long periods of time when
>someone calls him a name like "hey you".

At least he doesn't spout off about shit he knows nothing about, or tell
us how worthless things are while still using said item on a regular
basis.

Scott

Carl Sundquist

Sep 7, 2000, 6:39:29 PM9/7/00
John Verheul wrote:

> In article <39B7C5EB...@earthlink.net>,
> Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > Damn! Coaches selection again!
>
> If there was any depth here on rbr we wouldn't need coaches selection!

You don't think it gets plenty deep here on r.b.r.?

ken.papai

Sep 7, 2000, 8:54:12 PM9/7/00

Tom Kunich <tku...@cadence.com> wrote in message

> Now wait a minute -- no one knows anything about you. You post a picture
of
> your Dad and he looks like he's some sort of Polynesian god and then there
> is this picture of you and you look like a midget Hunky or something....
> Just what sort of name is Papai anyway?

Tom - no need for foul-mouthed pejoratives. You are not
being nice at all.

If I have to tell you what "Papai" is then you don't have the 175 IQ you
claim.

(or else you really are not that well read in world history)

Bart Van Hoorebeeck

Sep 8, 2000, 8:45:30 AM9/8/00
In article <39B799FE...@mail.med.upenn.edu>, Andrew Albright
<alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern,
> I have been recently diagnosed with cancer of the fingers and have
> only
> a few days left where I can type OK. Therefore, since I won't be
> able to
> post to rbr anymore, ......

Was this a metaphor anouncing AA's marriage and consequent new life?

Bart

* Sent from Novell Discussion Forums http://novell.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *

Henry Chang

Sep 8, 2000, 12:19:38 PM9/8/00
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 20:43:24 GMT, "ken.papai" <ken....@mciworld.com>
wrote:
>Henry Chang <fre...@connectnet.absolutely.no.spam.com> ...
>In that case too you have to be born before Sept. 1965 to be SRoRBR or USA.
>Masters Rule!! Armitage is too young.

Participating in a Masters race should also automatically disqualify
anyone from being SRoRBR. We don't want a Big Fred in charge of the
newsgroup.

Henry

Andrew Albright

Sep 8, 2000, 2:11:26 PM9/8/00
After careful deliberation, I am going to name my successor Ken Papai.
Over the last couple of years no single poster has demonstrated that they
have what it takes to be Supreme Ruler of RBR. LaPorte and Verheul are
really, at best, only on-and-off again posters, otherwise their no-nonsense
approaches to rbr would serve them well. Kunich is too emotionally
unstable, but otherwise a good candidate. Ken however has the intelligence
and dedication to be In Charge.

Good Luck Ken!

Andrew Albright

Carl Sundquist

Sep 8, 2000, 2:38:16 PM9/8/00
Henry Chang wrote:

Albright said he's ridden in a masters race, so a precedent has been set.

Tom Kunich

Sep 8, 2000, 2:38:24 PM9/8/00
Fred? I thought that you were Henry?

"Henry Chang" <fre...@connectnet.absolutely.no.spam.com> wrote in message

Henry Chang

Sep 8, 2000, 3:59:25 PM9/8/00
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:38:24 -0700, "Tom Kunich" <tku...@cadence.com>
wrote:

>Fred? I thought that you were Henry?

I didn't say that I wasn't a Fred - I said there shouldn't be a Big

Fred in charge of the newsgroup.

Henry
fred

Danny Callen

Sep 8, 2000, 6:22:10 PM9/8/00

"Andrew Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message

Where's the Damn acceptance speach, Ken?

Danny Callen

Warren

Sep 8, 2000, 6:50:08 PM9/8/00
In article <39B92BCD...@mail.med.upenn.edu>, Andrew Albright
<alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:

> After careful deliberation, I am going to name my successor Ken Papai.
> Over the last couple of years no single poster has demonstrated that they
> have what it takes to be Supreme Ruler of RBR. LaPorte and Verheul are
> really, at best, only on-and-off again posters, otherwise their no-nonsense
> approaches to rbr would serve them well. Kunich is too emotionally
> unstable, but otherwise a good candidate. Ken however has the intelligence
> and dedication to be In Charge.
>
> Good Luck Ken!
>
> Andrew Albright

I was with you right up to that last sentence and then it got all
screwy. You're obviously delusional and in no condition to make an
important decision right now.

Ken Papai

Sep 8, 2000, 8:03:47 PM9/8/00
Andrew Albright <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> writes:

>After careful deliberation, I am going to name my successor Ken Papai.
>Over the last couple of years no single poster has demonstrated that they
>have what it takes to be Supreme Ruler of RBR. LaPorte and Verheul are
>really, at best, only on-and-off again posters, otherwise their no-nonsense
>approaches to rbr would serve them well. Kunich is too emotionally
>unstable, but otherwise a good candidate. Ken however has the intelligence
>and dedication to be In Charge.
>Good Luck Ken!
>Andrew Albright

Should I be honored or disgusted?

I need an able and affable and knowledgeable lieutenant --
someone of the character of Metcalfe or Henry.

(i.e., someone way faster than me)

Or then, someone of unimpeachable charcater like Bart or JT.

The Rulers make the Rules.
Rule #1 - NEVER attack someone from an anonymous handle
(unless you SIGN your freaking post with real name & location).

Further rules are coming in the weeks preceding the USA Presidential
Election. I can be one Major League Asshole!

>> I have narrowed the list down to a small number of able-bodied
>> replacements and will announce at the end of the week who my successor
>> shall be. The short list is David LaPorte, John Verheul, Tom Kunich, Ken
>> Papai, and N. Peter Armitage. All have the necessary constitution to
>> carry out the job to the best of their ability.

Ken Papai

Sep 8, 2000, 8:12:06 PM9/8/00
"Danny Callen" <dan...@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>Where's the Damn acceptance speach, Ken?

Happy Honeymoon Andrew Vernon!!

1. Secretary of Defense: HENRY CHANG
2. Secretary of Transportation: DAVID PACKMAN RYAN
3. Secretary of State: BART V. H. (Belgium)

Danny Callen

Sep 8, 2000, 8:36:12 PM9/8/00

> "Danny Callen" <dan...@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
> >Where's the Damn acceptance speach, Ken?
>
> Happy Honeymoon Andrew Vernon!!
>
> 1. Secretary of Defense: HENRY CHANG
> 2. Secretary of Transportation: DAVID PACKMAN RYAN
> 3. Secretary of State: BART V. H. (Belgium)

I vote Dan Connelly Vice President. I was thinking of nominating myself as
"Social Security Adviser"
in order to keep the WAR of the lowly Master Racer alive but I just don't
have the clout. Maybe it
should be Carl Sundguist..???

Danny Callen
still votin' 'publican

Danny Callen

Sep 8, 2000, 11:36:35 PM9/8/00

"Danny Callen" <dan...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

(Someone please email me privately and tell me why my posts look terribly
formatted.
Why is my browser width all f'ed up?)

Danny Callen
...more comfy in the Unix Environment

Henry Chang

Sep 9, 2000, 2:42:14 AM9/9/00
On 9 Sep 2000 00:12:06 GMT, Ken Papai <kpa...@rahul.net> wrote:

>"Danny Callen" <dan...@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>
>>Where's the Damn acceptance speach, Ken?
>
>Happy Honeymoon Andrew Vernon!!
>
>1. Secretary of Defense: HENRY CHANG
>2. Secretary of Transportation: DAVID PACKMAN RYAN
>3. Secretary of State: BART V. H. (Belgium)

Supreme Ruler Papai -

Though I'm flattered that you would see fit to offer me this position
in your administration, I have to insist that before I'm able to
accept such an offer, the name has to be changed to Secretary of
Offense since my posts are usually intended to be Offensive.

Also I have to question why you would want to lump in a respectable
valuable r.b.r. figure like Bart Van H. with an asshole like myself or
a total wack job like Packman.

Henry

p.s. Is Andrew finally going to lose his virginity on his honeymoon?

Ken Papai

Sep 9, 2000, 10:42:46 AM9/9/00

>In article <39B92BCD...@mail.med.upenn.edu>, Andrew Albright
><alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:

>> After careful deliberation, I am going to name my successor Ken Papai.
>> Over the last couple of years no single poster has demonstrated that they
>> have what it takes to be Supreme Ruler of RBR. LaPorte and Verheul are
>> really, at best, only on-and-off again posters, otherwise their no-nonsense
>> approaches to rbr would serve them well. Kunich is too emotionally
>> unstable, but otherwise a good candidate. Ken however has the intelligence
>> and dedication to be In Charge.
>> Good Luck Ken!
>> Andrew Albright

>I was with you right up to that last sentence and then it got all
>screwy. You're obviously delusional and in no condition to make an
>important decision right now.

Warren's no candy-ass. He wants to play hardball, well hardball it
is Wrrn G!

With major league a-holes like Warren I'm gonna need a lot
of luck dealing with the rbr loony bin.

(for those who actually take this seriously I suggest you
go to alt.games.nintendo right NOW)

Ken Papai

Sep 9, 2000, 10:48:22 AM9/9/00
"Danny Callen" <dan...@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>"Ken Papai" <kpa...@rahul.net> wrote in message
>>

>> 1. Secretary of Defense: HENRY CHANG
>> 2. Secretary of Transportation: DAVID PACKMAN RYAN
>> 3. Secretary of State: BART V. H. (Belgium)

>I vote Dan Connelly Vice President. I was thinking of nominating myself as
>"Social Security Adviser"
>in order to keep the WAR of the lowly Master Racer alive but I just don't
>have the clout. Maybe it
>should be Carl Sundguist..???

...taking all this under advisement with Mary and Cajun James.
I'm compiling my wish list. Sundquist could assume the dutues
though; he is bright, a crack-up and very experienced and has
impressive palmares.

>Danny Callen
>still votin' 'publican

Connelly might make it as the group's social secretary.

Ken, still votin' 'bertarian.

Ken Papai

Sep 9, 2000, 10:51:25 AM9/9/00
"Danny Callen" <dan...@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>(Someone please email me privately and tell me why my posts look terribly
>formatted.
> Why is my browser width all f'ed up?)

>Danny Callen
>...more comfy in the Unix Environment

That's gonna be a new Rule of Rbr soon anyway.
All forgo AOL and post from Unix shell with 'nn' or something
cool like, else 'rn' or 'tin'.

Rbr rule #2. It's not how good you ARE it's how good you LOOK. It's now
how good you are doing it but how good you look doing it.

Carl Sundquist

Sep 9, 2000, 5:27:58 PM9/9/00
Ken Papai wrote:

> ...taking all this under advisement with Mary and Cajun James.
> I'm compiling my wish list. Sundquist could assume the dutues
> though; he is bright, a crack-up and very experienced and has
> impressive palmares.

Thanks to Verheul and his database, I've probably blown my chances.

Damn wannabe news reporter.

Carl Sundquist

Sep 9, 2000, 5:42:47 PM9/9/00
Carl Sundquist wrote:

> Ken Papai wrote:
>
> > ...taking all this under advisement with Mary and Cajun James.
> > I'm compiling my wish list. Sundquist could assume the dutues
> > though; he is bright, a crack-up and very experienced and has
> > impressive palmares.

Plus, I'm a trackie / time triallist / master / accused candy-ass. Could
I possibly be held in any lower regard by the vacating self-imposed
supreme ruler?

John Verheul

Sep 9, 2000, 6:04:56 PM9/9/00

Carl Sundquist wrote in message <39BAAB04...@earthlink.net>...

Do the crime, do the time.

Carl Sundquist

Sep 9, 2000, 8:09:38 PM9/9/00
John Verheul wrote:

> >Thanks to Verheul and his database, I've probably blown my chances.
> >
> >Damn wannabe news reporter.
>
> Do the crime, do the time.

Not me, man. I got Johnnie Cochran on my team.

Golf, anyone?

Paul Alman

Sep 11, 2000, 10:06:57 AM9/11/00
USCF Board Member

"Carl Sundquist" <car...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Carl Sundquist

Sep 11, 2000, 11:06:25 PM9/11/00
Paul Alman wrote:

> USCF Board Member

Good thing I bypassed that and went straight to the election for the USAC
board position, then.