gomart

1 view

Velorodkingston

Nov 25, 2002, 12:16:38 PM11/25/02
I thought Hamblin was riding for Ofoto, anybody know? Closer to the northeast?

Rodney Kingston

This came from Dailypeloton.com:
The Charleston, West Virginia, based Team West Virginia has announced their
partnership with New England equipment manufacturer Merlin Metalworks for next
season. The team is sponsored by the West Virginia Bureau of Tourism and was
the number 1 ranked Amateur team in the United States in 2002. The team is
currently in the process of completing their UCI Division 3 registration.

Team West Virginia will be competing on the Merlin Magia and Extralight models
and will tackle the National Racing Calendar events in 2003. To see the Magia
click here. For the Extralight click here.

The team will be led by Scottie Weiss, the 2002 National Elite men's road race
champion, and Jon Hamblen (Dartmouth, NH) who finished second in that event.
Craig Slaughter, DS for the Gomart West Virginia Team, and four-time State
Champion Greg Cook will manage the team.

Additional sponsors for the team are Cane Creek, ITM and Fizik. The team will
number 11 riders; a finalized roster and sponsor list will be announced.

chris

Nov 25, 2002, 9:43:32 PM11/25/02
I noticed that as well. Perhaps he'll ride for both! Or, more
likely, he made a verbal agreement with OFoto, but Go-Mart offered and
he took it.

ronde champ

Nov 26, 2002, 5:01:51 PM11/26/02
Velorodkingston" <velorod...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I thought Hamblin was riding for Ofoto, anybody know? Closer to the
northeast?

It doesn't take a very high offer to sign a guy who's getting thrown out of
his 20 year old
girlfriend's college apt because her roommates think he's a twerp.

Never mind that his pickup still has VA plates, and probably hasn't
been insured since last century.

Allegedly.

Thanks,
Ronde Champ

Velorodkingston

Nov 26, 2002, 5:31:48 PM11/26/02

>Subject: Re: gomart
>From: "ronde champ" ronde...@yahoo.com
>Date: 11/26/2002 3:01 PM Mountain Standard Time

>Velorodkingston" <velorod...@aol.com> wrote in message
>> I thought Hamblin was riding for Ofoto, anybody know? Closer to the
>northeast?
>

>It doesn't take a very high offer to sign a guy who's getting thrown out of
>his 20 year old
>girlfriend's college apt because her roommates think he's a twerp.

Ok, I am convinced. Ronde Champ really does know everything.

Rod
likes 20 y/olds

chris

Nov 27, 2002, 7:52:22 AM11/27/02
Now that's funny...Not to mention believable.

You just can't tell with Ronde. Too many sources, too much juicey
gossip. That's why he's the Champ!

Buzz

Nov 27, 2002, 8:20:06 AM11/27/02
"ronde champ" <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<as0qqp$lbt$1...@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com>...

Translation;

Ronde Champ remains unsigned by another TT III pro team and is now
looking for a job with the tabloids.
Good luck Ronde!

Buzz

ronde champ

Nov 27, 2002, 8:14:16 AM11/27/02

> >Subject: Re: gomart
> >From: "ronde champ" ronde...@yahoo.com
> >Date: 11/26/2002 3:01 PM Mountain Standard Time
> >
> >Velorodkingston" <velorod...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >> I thought Hamblin was riding for Ofoto, anybody know? Closer to the
> >northeast?
> >

> >It doesn't take a very high offer to sign a guy who's getting thrown out
of
> >his 20 year old
> >girlfriend's college apt because her roommates think he's a twerp.
>
> Ok, I am convinced. Ronde Champ really does know everything.

Actually, I don't know shit. All my material comes from this small clique
of loser bike racers. They email me the gossip, and I post it.

Thanks,
Ronde Champ
merely a puppet

jerry

Nov 27, 2002, 1:42:37 PM11/27/02
velorod...@aol.com (Velorodkingston) wrote in message news:<20021126173148...@mb-fa.aol.com>...

latest i heard is that he got a "paying" offer from go-mart, and was
able to get one for m. jones as well.

still unconfirmed on svatek. i'd be a little surprised if he got a div
3 deal due to his age and the avg. age restrictions on div 3 teams,
but he is certainly strong enough.

wheelworks is disintegrating, which is too bad, as everyone hoped they
could/would go div 3. they had a great team last year.

Awesome Bike Dude

Nov 27, 2002, 10:16:46 PM11/27/02
I wonder if Jones will be able to fit his "juice" schedule into
Go-Marts racing schedule. Afterall, he does seems to be noticeably
absent from those "controlled" events.

Hmmm...

As for Svatek, I didn't think he was that old. Either way, I doubt
wheels works will disintegrate. They've got a enough cash to attract
some new riders. Maybe even General Patton.

Keep the rubber side down,

ABD

Future46r

Nov 28, 2002, 12:15:54 AM11/28/02
>Subject: Re: gomart
>From: awesome...@yahoo.com (Awesome Bike Dude)
>Date: 11/27/2002 8:16 PM Mountain Standard Time

>I wonder if Jones will be able to fit his "juice" schedule into
>Go-Marts racing schedule. Afterall, he does seems to be noticeably
>absent from those "controlled" events.
>
>Hmmm...

Holy Fuck, I almost dropped my half gallon of Price Chopper Rocky Road Light
Ice Cream.

I am kind of Flattered that you think I am a "juicer. I understand though, it
just doesnt make sense that some 179.7 pound dude who doesnt touch his bike
during the week and has the diet of an OTR truck driver (not that there is
anything wrong with that) would have any results worth mentioning.

They only way i would ever test positive is if i drunk too many Mountain
Dew Code reds before a race and surpassed the caffeine limit. Shit, I dont even
take vitamins, except the chewable colored flinstones ones when I am at my
parents house.

Obviously You dont know me, cuz if you did you would know that I am a
clueless Fuck, who just started biking two years ago and would not know where
to get some juice other than the fucking grocery store.

Shit, My ice cream melted.
Mike Jones

>As for Svatek, I didn't think he was that old. Either way, I doubt
>wheels works will disintegrate. They've got a enough cash to attract
>some new riders. Maybe even General Patton.
>
>Keep the rubber side down,

PS: That is the gayest closing I have seen on RBR yet, is that a joke?

Amit

Nov 28, 2002, 9:35:34 AM11/28/02
futu...@aol.com (Future46r) wrote in message news:<20021128001554...@mb-fb.aol.com>...
> >Subject: Re: gomart

> >From: awesome...@yahoo.com (Awesome Bike Dude)
> >Date: 11/27/2002 8:16 PM Mountain Standard Time
> >
> >I wonder if Jones will be able to fit his "juice" schedule into
> >Go-Marts racing schedule. Afterall, he does seems to be noticeably
> >absent from those "controlled" events.
> >
> >Hmmm...
>

> Holy Fuck, I almost dropped my half gallon of Price Chopper Rocky Road Light
> Ice Cream.
>
> I am kind of Flattered that you think I am a "juicer. I understand though, it
> just doesnt make sense that some 179.7 pound dude who doesnt touch his bike
> during the week and has the diet of an OTR truck driver (not that there is
> anything wrong with that) would have any results worth mentioning.
>
> They only way i would ever test positive is if i drunk too many Mountain
> Dew Code reds before a race and surpassed the caffeine limit. Shit, I dont even
> take vitamins, except the chewable colored flinstones ones when I am at my
> parents house.
>
> Obviously You dont know me, cuz if you did you would know that I am a
> clueless Fuck, who just started biking two years ago and would not know where
> to get some juice other than the fucking grocery store.

Now, THATS'S awesome.

Dan Kane

Nov 28, 2002, 10:37:41 AM11/28/02
Future46r wrote:
>>Subject: Re: gomart
>>From: awesome...@yahoo.com (Awesome Bike Dude)
>>Date: 11/27/2002 8:16 PM Mountain Standard Time
>>
>>I wonder if Jones will be able to fit his "juice" schedule into
>>Go-Marts racing schedule. Afterall, he does seems to be noticeably
>>absent from those "controlled" events.
>>
>>Hmmm...
>

> Holy Fuck, I almost dropped my half gallon of Price Chopper Rocky Road Light
> Ice Cream.
>
> I am kind of Flattered that you think I am a "juicer. I understand though, it
> just doesnt make sense that some 179.7 pound dude who doesnt touch his bike
> during the week and has the diet of an OTR truck driver (not that there is
> anything wrong with that) would have any results worth mentioning.
>
> They only way i would ever test positive is if i drunk too many Mountain
> Dew Code reds before a race and surpassed the caffeine limit. Shit, I dont even
> take vitamins, except the chewable colored flinstones ones when I am at my
> parents house.
>
> Obviously You dont know me, cuz if you did you would know that I am a
> clueless Fuck, who just started biking two years ago and would not know where
> to get some juice other than the fucking grocery store.

Having riden and trained with Jones for the past couple of year, I can
vouch for this guy, especially the part about him being a clueless fuck.

Funny Story. At last springs Palmer Road Race, Jones is in a break with
Hamblen, Frank McCormack and a couple others. As they pass each other
in the pace line, Hamblen says to Jones, "If I attack, you counter"
Jones says Ok. Next time they pass each other in the pace line, Jones
says to Hamblen, "What do you mean by counter?"

Dan Kane

Jason Waddell

Nov 28, 2002, 12:22:39 PM11/28/02
>Subject: Re: gomart
>From: Dan Kane dtk...@stny.rr.com
>Date: 11/28/02 9:37 AM Central Standard Time

POTFM

Steve T.

Nov 28, 2002, 2:16:23 PM11/28/02

"Jason Waddell" <jjwb...@aol.com12345> wrote in message
What does it mean...........................

Thanks
RC

jf...@hotmail.com

Nov 28, 2002, 3:48:25 PM11/28/02
I don't know who you losers are or why you write about people you
don't know. You had better never reveal yourself to me(I'm sure you
won't). Your information is completely off and you are gossiping
idiots. I don't know who told you that crap but they are
wrong(probably one of two short and angry women from NH). I have never
lived at my 20yr old girlfriends house. Also, Jones has never used
drugs, you guys are just pissed because he has raced for two years and
he kicks your ass. You are a bunch of girls. Go back to reading your
Maxim magazines and keep pretending you are bike racers...

Tim Mullin

Nov 28, 2002, 6:25:15 PM11/28/02

<jf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> (probably one of two short and angry women from NH)

There are only two short and angry women from New Hampshire? Hell, from what
I've seen, if you add ugly to short and angy, you've pretty much described
ALL the women in NH.

jf...@hotmail.com

Nov 28, 2002, 7:22:25 PM11/28/02
Funny? Believable? Who are you, do you know me? My car has been
insured forever. You guys are ridiculous. SO jealous of real talent
like me an' Jones... Go ride your bikes you friggin internet dorks. Or
go porning, do something useful...

JH

jf...@hotmail.com

Nov 28, 2002, 7:25:42 PM11/28/02
Thank you Buzz,whoever you are...This site is so weird, full of
wannabe's who are so full of crap. Damn you Jones for telling me about
this shit! And Jerry Chabot, you are useless, I see you defend me and
Svatek here. Jackass. Ronde Van de Chunk, you blow.
JH

jf...@hotmail.com

Nov 28, 2002, 7:28:38 PM11/28/02
It means you are a loser for wasting your time here, Wad. Though it is
fun to rag on you guys, guess I'll be a regular now.

Carl Sundquist

Nov 28, 2002, 8:08:02 PM11/28/02
<jf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It means you are a loser for wasting your time here, Wad. Though it is
> fun to rag on you guys, guess I'll be a regular now.

Just when Stevie T begins to settle down, a new freak appears.

Jason Waddell

Nov 28, 2002, 8:44:07 PM11/28/02
>Subject: Re: gomart
>From: jf...@hotmail.com
>Date: 11/28/02 6:28 PM Central Standard Time

>It means you are a loser for wasting your time here, Wad. Though it is
>fun to rag on you guys, guess I'll be a regular now.

Johnny,

jf...@hotmail.com

Nov 29, 2002, 9:31:27 AM11/29/02
Pot calling the kettle black?
Go do some masters racing.

Kyle Legate

Nov 29, 2002, 11:06:02 AM11/29/02
On 28 Nov 2002 jf...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Funny? Believable? Who are you, do you know me? My car has been
> insured forever.

How much did that cost?

> You guys are ridiculous. SO jealous of real talent
> like me an' Jones...

The guy signs onto a small regional Div 3 team I've never heard of and he
suddenly has real talent. Oooooooohhhhhh Kayyyyyyyy.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
leg...@mcmaster.ca Kyle Legate leg...@hotmail.com

Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...

jerry

Nov 29, 2002, 12:40:43 PM11/29/02
> Thank you Buzz,whoever you are...This site is so weird, full of
> wannabe's who are so full of crap. Damn you Jones for telling me about
> this shit! And Jerry Chabot, you are useless, I see you defend me and
> Svatek here. Jackass. Ronde Van de Chunk, you blow.
> JH

Hairy Ass, don't drag me into this. I should just go back to keeping
my mouth shut. I just couldn't resist throwing some gossip up. I'm
weak.

Wheelworks still should have just gone D3 and then it would be all
good.

good luck on GOfoto-Mart.

ps - so is it true about Matt?

Awesome Bike Dude

Nov 29, 2002, 5:28:53 PM11/29/02
For not caring what anyone says, Hamblen and Jones really seem to be
whining a lot. At least Jones didn't start bad mouthing us for
talking trash. We all know Ronde usually talks out of his ass, but at
least his sourses are better than the imaginary one's Albright uses.
Hey where is Double A; sure hope Ed didn't get a hold of him.

As for the gossip game that's what America is here for. I can't get
enough of all this gossip, myself. I mean its all I talk about on the
bike, with my posse, at my fast food job...Yeah right. Really, I
think John flatters himself way too much to think we really care about
his miniscule little world outside RBR. I'm guessing Mikey saw right
through my hint of sarcasm, or was it? Do I really have those
backroom photos of Jones talking with the local plateheads? Its all
meaningless RBR B.S. to amuse us folk who simply can't live the
fascinating life of Foxfire and his U.S. pro game.

Ronde rules!

chris

Nov 29, 2002, 5:39:29 PM11/29/02
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, John. Please accept my apologies. I
was merely making a comment based on the typical RBR post and I found
that one amusing, as are most of Rob's, ahh Ronde's posts.

Regards,
Chris

Amit

Nov 29, 2002, 6:13:22 PM11/29/02
> Pot calling the kettle black?
> Go do some masters racing.

Jones had a kick-ass an hilarious come-back for 'Awesome Bike Dude'
and his allegation.

I only know you as a strong NE rider and you just made yourself into
this week's laughingstock by going hysterical.

The only reason the NE riders are well known is 'cause regionalists
like Velorod, Maurice and RVD continually post stuff about the
Northeast.

-Amit

Sharon Peters

Nov 29, 2002, 9:33:35 PM11/29/02
>Subject: Re: gomart
>From: excel_...@hotmail.com (chris)

>I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, John. Please accept my apologies

OH MY GOD- YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A BUNCH OF LIMP DICKS!!!!!

I don't know what is more pathetic, that Hamblin showed up and started acting
like a 6 year old that's just had his teletubby outed, or that after he throws
a hissy you guys immediately start with the ass kissing (while still spelling
his name wrong.) Are you afraid he's gonna throw the parts of his busted
Playstation at you next time you see him at a local race?

On the other hand, Mike Jones seems like a pretty funny guy. Can he stay, and
the rest of you idiots leave? Please?

-----Sharon Peters
Personal Trainer to the Stars--------
Remove "No Junk" to reply please!!!

Café de Colombia

Nov 29, 2002, 9:48:08 PM11/29/02
ronde champ wrote:

> Velorodkingston" <velorod...@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I thought Hamblin was riding for Ofoto, anybody know? Closer to the
> northeast?
>
> It doesn't take a very high offer to sign a guy who's getting thrown out of
> his 20 year old
> girlfriend's college apt because her roommates think he's a twerp.
>
> Never mind that his pickup still has VA plates, and probably hasn't
> been insured since last century.
>
> Allegedly.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronde Champ

I gotta post some more G-rated photos to top this post.

Café

Carl Sundquist

Nov 30, 2002, 2:20:42 PM11/30/02

<jf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Pot calling the kettle black?
> Go do some masters racing.
>
> "Carl Sundquist" <car...@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
> > <jf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > It means you are a loser for wasting your time here, Wad. Though it is
> > > fun to rag on you guys, guess I'll be a regular now.
> > >

> > Just when Stevie T begins to settle down, a new freak appears.

I've been here long before Stevie T began to settle down.

Steve T.

Nov 30, 2002, 4:54:32 PM11/30/02

"Carl Sundquist" <car...@cox-internet.com> wrote in message

Do not involve me in arguments between two old, fat, slow
guys............................

Carl Sundquist

Nov 30, 2002, 5:04:36 PM11/30/02

> > I've been here long before Stevie T began to settle down.
>
> Do not involve me in arguments between two old, fat, slow
> guys............................

What if it is three old, fat slow guys?

Awesome Bike Dude

Nov 30, 2002, 8:44:59 PM11/30/02
I think he was being sarchastic, Sharon...granted, it wasn't very good
sarcasm, but it is a newsgroup. Besides, he probably didn't want Foxy
to get his panties all in a bunch before the race on Sun. Judging by
the way everyone seems to fly off the handle on this board, though,
maybe he was sincere.

Personally, I don't give a shit! If Jon were so good he would have
satyed a pro or moved to Europe like us real men, even if we do get
our asses handed to us us 90% of the time. Instead he beats up on the
locals at the Podunk championships.

Now Jonesey, can your guy hook me up with some good weed, or is he
just good for the "vitamins"?

(Now this is where Jones comes back with a witty return to shut me
up).

ABD

Steve T.

Nov 30, 2002, 9:16:09 PM11/30/02

"Carl Sundquist" <car...@cox-internet.com> wrote in message
...................................................................Ok

Mike Jones

Dec 1, 2002, 3:58:56 AM12/1/02
>Subject: Re: gomart
>From: awesome...@yahoo.com (Awesome Bike Dude)
>Date: 11/30/2002 6:44 PM Mountain Standard Time

>I think he was being sarchastic, Sharon...granted, it wasn't very good
>sarcasm, but it is a newsgroup. Besides, he probably didn't want Foxy
>to get his panties all in a bunch before the race on Sun. Judging by
>the way everyone seems to fly off the handle on this board, though,
>maybe he was sincere.
>
>Personally, I don't give a shit! If Jon were so good he would have
>satyed a pro or moved to Europe like us real men, even if we do get
>our asses handed to us us 90% of the time

For example: If one was to get last place in the Milk Ras the past two years.

Mike Jones

Awesome Bike Dude

Dec 1, 2002, 7:14:41 PM12/1/02
What the hell are you talking about Jones? Your comment makes no sense
to me? Apparently you are dumb as you say you are. Now put your ice
cream down and go ride your bike.

ABD

chris

Dec 2, 2002, 10:12:52 PM12/2/02
How the hell did I manage to get pulled into this? I think a few of
you have an unhealthy infatuation with me. As for Awesome, I've known
plenty of riders with the audacoty to call themselves Awesome Dude,
but you clearly must know me from a few years back, because otherwise
you would have recognized Jones' laim attempt to bust my balls. Why
he needs to talk trash about me to come back at you is anybody's
guess, but from what I gather, he ain't too bright (your words, not
mine).

HOWREVER, I suggest you get your facts straight before you try busting
anybody, Mike. I finished last in the Ras this year (that is 135th
out of 200 starters); in my defense, I spent 2 of the last 3 days
basically pedalling with one leg, because of tendonistis in my knee.
The two previous years I did not finish last, and in 2000 I beleive I
managed 26th place on one stage. Let's also consider that the Ras is
an 8 day UCI stage race with stages of no less than 90 miles and it
starts in mid-may. Let's also consider I had a full-time job, less
than 3000 miles of training and 6 races (none over 60 miles). I'd say
its fairly impressive I finished, considering that in the past 3
years, 4 riders (all of whom had at least double the training and
racing as I did) on my team can't say the same.

For comparison purposes I've dug up some Mike Jones results from this
years Redlands:
105 Scott Cochran (USA) Cyclery USA-Trek-VW 4.18.32
106 Kenneth Toman (USA) Schroeder Iron 4.26.46
107 Michael Jones (USA) Wheelworks-Cannondale 4.30.19
108 Peter Knudsen (USA) Schroeder Iron 4.51.01
109 Greg Medinilla (USA) Dare 5.00.50

You're looking farily impressive there in 3 to last. What happened?
THose 6 hr rides not kicking in for you? I mean 4 and 1/2 hrs is a
lot of time to lose when 2 of the stages are 5 km and 70 km long.

Personally, I don't put any significance into your results, because it
was March and you had a fine season. I make this point to illustrate
how ignorant your comment was, particularly when no one else knows
what the hell you're talking about. Now go ride you bike!

CH

BTW:
For the record, I thought Ronde's comment was humorous and believable
because I've known guys who actually had that life.

Tom Kunich

Dec 2, 2002, 11:21:03 PM12/2/02
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You can't take this stuff seriously Chris! It was
funny that he ID'd you that fast and found that really sensitive spot to
jab.

"chris" <excel_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

ronde champ

Dec 3, 2002, 8:14:19 AM12/3/02

"chris" <excel_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How the hell did I manage to get pulled into this? I think a few of
> you have an unhealthy infatuation with me.

Who are you?

Thanks,
Ronde Champ

Ewoud Dronkert

Dec 3, 2002, 8:35:08 AM12/3/02
ronde champ wrote:

> "chris" <excel_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>How the hell did I manage to get pulled into this? I think a few of
>>you have an unhealthy infatuation with me.
>
> Who are you?

Some of us know.

scott patton

Dec 3, 2002, 10:04:54 AM12/3/02
In article <a7157f5e.02120...@posting.google.com>,

chris <excel_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>How the hell did I manage to get pulled into this? I think a few of
>you have an unhealthy infatuation with me.

They just wanted to "ruffle your feathers" or whatever you tried to do
to Ryan and I a couple weeks ago.

The difference is they aren't trying to sell you something now.

Scott

--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO

Rik Van Diesel

Dec 3, 2002, 3:50:52 PM12/3/02
> Funny? Believable? Who are you, do you know me? My car has been
> insured forever. You guys are ridiculous. SO jealous of real talent
> like me an' Jones... Go ride your bikes you friggin internet dorks. Or
> go porning, do something useful...
>
> JH

Follow up to do something useful...Uh you mean like have a job and stuff?

RVD

Mike Jones

Dec 4, 2002, 12:35:06 PM12/4/02

>Subject: Re: gomart
>From: excel_...@hotmail.com (chris)

>Date: 12/2/2002 8:12 PM Mountain Standard Time

Hi CH,

How are you? I just wanted to correct something from your post: I have
never ridden my bike for more than 5 hours.

Everything else looks ok, keep up the good work.

Thanks for your time.
Mike Jones

chris

Dec 4, 2002, 12:51:37 PM12/4/02
Actually Tom, I don't much of anything seriously on RBR. There's no
right answer and everything is fair game (see next post). Its a bit
like reading a tabloid. If someone wants to jab me, though, they
should at least know what their talking about. Though I'm not sure
what you mean by ID'd me...

Now jab away!