Meet Melissa Arrington

1 view

brian_...@yahoo.com

Jan 24, 2008, 11:45:24 AM1/24/08

Bill C

Jan 24, 2008, 12:13:46 PM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 11:45 am, "brian_j_r...@yahoo.com" <brian_j_r...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/24/jail.laughter.ap/index.html

Good riddance to bad trash, at least for a while. Now explain to me.
again, why we should spend hundreds of thousands of dollars caring for
her instead of putting a bullet in her sick sick head.
Bill C

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 24, 2008, 12:38:15 PM1/24/08

Dumbass -

Cases which impose The Death Penalty are supposed to meet the highest
standard of proof. A few years ago this country marked the occasion of
its 1,000th execution since the reimpositioin of the Death Penalty in
1976. During that period, 120 people who were on Death Row were
exonerated. For every 8.5 people we executed, 1 was let out of jail.

Those errors are only the ones that we know about. How many whom got
executed were innocent?

The fundamental problem with executing people is that is extremely
difficult for any legal system to find out the truth. Until we can
make time machines that go back and peer into events of the past, they
will always make errors.

As for Melissa Arrington, I'd like to kick her ass.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Hell And High Water

Jan 24, 2008, 1:10:49 PM1/24/08
In article <a3c9c19f-bb00-4227-b98c-
9fffdd...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, trito...@verizon.net
says...

Or better yet, give her a bike and have some ass run her down.

Eye for an eye, and all that....

-Bob

Bill C

Jan 24, 2008, 4:15:18 PM1/24/08

I'm cold blooded in this matter. Anyway there should be something
better than free housing, food, cable TV, computer access, college,
medical care, gym, etc...for career and capital criminals.
They're increasingly better treated than the victims and their
families. I've always wondered why anyone is homeless on the streets.
Faced with that, especially in winter, I'm busting a gourmet/liquor
store window. Grabbing some heat, good food, and a drink while I wait
for them to come escort me off for a warm shower and all the things
that aren't available.
Hope someone on the inside kicks her ass.
Bill C

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 24, 2008, 5:49:39 PM1/24/08

Dumbass -

Did you miss the part about a not unsubstantial minority of the people
being innocent?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Bill C

Jan 24, 2008, 6:20:01 PM1/24/08
> K. Gringioni.- Hide quoted text -

Seems to me the system worked. They were cleared before killed. How
about all those who are eligible for capital punishment who are let
loose to kill again? Show me a single proven execution of an innocent
in the modern era.
Bill C
Bill C

Phil Holman

Jan 24, 2008, 6:47:37 PM1/24/08

"Kurgan Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> for them to come escort me off for a warm shower ..........

Yes, I'm sure Bubba will pass you the soap along with his, erm, top
tube. You've got to be kidding.

Phil H

Bill C

Jan 24, 2008, 7:13:19 PM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 6:47 pm, "Phil Holman" <piholmanc@yourservice> wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Phil H- Hide quoted text -

Dumbass, what's better freezing to death because the shelters that
haven't closed are full, or sitting in county lock-up?
Bill C

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 24, 2008, 8:09:00 PM1/24/08

Dumbass -

Errr . . . statistically it's almost a certainty that given the
substantial number that were cleared, there were also some innocents
that were executed.

We don't know how many because once they are executed, efforts to
prove their innocence stop. Here's one case where it did not:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3472872.html

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 24, 2008, 8:12:18 PM1/24/08

Dumbass -

Most homeless people are either mentally ill or drug addicts or both.
I live in an urban area and parts of town are teeming w/ them. The
money they claim that they need for food is used for drugs. They can
get free food at a shelter here that has a generous endowment. The
shelter provides food and shelter for them if they choose to take
advantage of it. Most of them choose not to. They sleep on the
streets, panhandle for drug money, crap on the sidewalk.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Bill C

Jan 24, 2008, 8:13:54 PM1/24/08

Compare that with those folks turned loose that re-offend, or are
turned loose because shrinks think that prison is evil, and do nasty
shit to innocents. Lots more of those. New stories almost every day.
What I love is them turning folks loose when everyone testifies that
they are high risk to re-offend, and they do.
Any sympathy for all those victims? How about a law change to hold
those who caused the release as accessories to the subsequent crimes
in those cases?
Bill C

Tom Kunich

Jan 24, 2008, 11:53:50 PM1/24/08

> Cases which impose The Death Penalty are supposed to meet the highest
> standard of proof. A few years ago this country marked the occasion of
> its 1,000th execution since the reimpositioin of the Death Penalty in
> 1976. During that period, 120 people who were on Death Row were
> exonerated. For every 8.5 people we executed, 1 was let out of jail.
>
> Those errors are only the ones that we know about. How many whom got
> executed were innocent?
>
> The fundamental problem with executing people is that is extremely
> difficult for any legal system to find out the truth. Until we can
> make time machines that go back and peer into events of the past, they
> will always make errors.

Henry, you know that if you always put your beliefs as plainly and clearly
as this we'd not have problems. I do agree with you that the level of proof
must be complete before someone can qualify for the death penalty. Though
unlike you I do believe that the majority of capital punishment cases do
meet those standards. You don't seem to understand that the majority of
people on death row have murdered people in front of others or a camera etc.

Now, while I don't disagree with your position, we still have to have
maximum penalties. As Bill points out, there are those who we know beyond
the shadow of a doubt are cold blooded murderers or other crimes as bad. To
force the citizens of this country to support them for decades is counter
productive.

William Asher

Jan 25, 2008, 1:25:27 AM1/25/08
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in

> Henry, you know that if you always put your beliefs as plainly and
> clearly as this we'd not have problems. I do agree with you that the
> level of proof must be complete before someone can qualify for the
> death penalty. Though unlike you I do believe that the majority of
> capital punishment cases do meet those standards. You don't seem to
> understand that the majority of people on death row have murdered
> people in front of others or a camera etc.
>
> Now, while I don't disagree with your position, we still have to have
> maximum penalties. As Bill points out, there are those who we know
> beyond the shadow of a doubt are cold blooded murderers or other
> crimes as bad. To force the citizens of this country to support them
> for decades is counter productive.

Worth reading:

http://www.scottturow.com/books/ultimate-punishment/

Abridged version for free:

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2003/01/06/030106fa_fact

--
Bill Asher

Howard Kveck

Jan 25, 2008, 2:36:04 AM1/25/08
In article <Xns9A2FE42DF...@130.133.1.4>, William Asher <gcn...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

__________________________
"In fact, in the last decade the murder rate in states without the death penalty
has remained consistently lower than in the states that have had executions. Surveys
of criminologists and police chiefs show that substantial majorities of both groups
doubt that the death penalty significantly reduces the number of homicides.

"Another argument逆hat the death penalty saves money, because it avoids the
expense of lifetime incarceration掬oesn't hold up, either, when you factor in the
staggering costs of capital litigation. In the United States in 2000, the average
period between conviction and execution was eleven and a half years, with lawyers and
courts spewing out briefs and decisions all that time."
__________________________

That last graf shoots a hole or two in Tom's argument (his last sentence).

--
tanx,
Howard

Now it's raining pitchforks and women,
But I've already got a pitchfork...

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Bill C

Jan 25, 2008, 7:22:37 AM1/25/08
On Jan 25, 2:36 am, Howard Kveck <YOURhow...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote:
> In article <Xns9A2FE42DFFD6BFkldel...@130.133.1.4>, William Asher <gcn...@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
>

> > "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
>
> > > Henry, you know that if you always put your beliefs as plainly and
> > > clearly as this we'd not have problems. I do agree with you that the
> > > level of proof must be complete before someone can qualify for the
> > > death penalty. Though unlike you I do believe that the majority of
> > > capital punishment cases do meet those standards. You don't seem to
> > > understand that the majority of people on death row have murdered
> > > people in front of others or a camera etc.
>
> > > Now, while I don't disagree with your position, we still have to have
> > > maximum penalties. As Bill points out, there are those who we know
> > > beyond the shadow of a doubt are cold blooded murderers or other
> > > crimes as bad. To force the citizens of this country to support them
> > > for decades is counter productive.
>
> > Worth reading:
>
> >http://www.scottturow.com/books/ultimate-punishment/
>
> > Abridged version for free:
>
> >http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2003/01/06/030106fa_fact
>
> __________________________
>    "In fact, in the last decade the murder rate in states without the death penalty
> has remained consistently lower than in the states that have had executions. Surveys
> of criminologists and police chiefs show that substantial majorities of both groups
> doubt that the death penalty significantly reduces the number of homicides.
>
>    "Another argument‹that the death penalty saves money, because it avoids the
> expense of lifetime incarceration‹doesn't hold up, either, when you factor in the

> staggering costs of capital litigation. In the United States in 2000, the average
> period between conviction and execution was eleven and a half years, with lawyers and
> courts spewing out briefs and decisions all that time."
> __________________________
>
>    That last graf shoots a hole or two in Tom's argument (his last sentence).
>
> --
>                               tanx,
>                                Howard
>
>                    Now it's raining pitchforks and women,
>                      But I've already got a pitchfork...
>
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

That makes it clear there's way too much room for legal maneuvering.
Bill C

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 25, 2008, 7:26:54 AM1/25/08

Dumbass -

If there was no legal maneuvering, we'd have killed 120+ more
innocents and would have never known about it.

Why are you so eager to execute people and yet so eager to let dopers
off the hook?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Bill C

Jan 25, 2008, 7:31:09 AM1/25/08
> K. Gringioni.- Hide quoted text -

Obviously your shelters are better funded than ours, and your climate
is definitely friendlier. When it's -30 wind chill and the shelters
are full, or closed, including the VA which, maybe, has 25% of the
beds it needs people are screwed. Most of our shelters live month to
month pretty much, and depend in large part on State aid money which
is pretty scarce these days. The space that's really short is for
battered women/families who don't have somewhere safe to go.
Some of our friends do lots of work in this direction, including one,
used to be, semi regular who put together a run/walk for the Mayor
here to benefit these folks. It's been a huge success, in large part
thanks to the huge effort put in to make it a great event.
Bill C

Bill C

Jan 25, 2008, 7:32:37 AM1/25/08
> K. Gringioni.- Hide quoted text -

Because the legal system is significantly less broken, and we would
only be talking the most solidly guilty, after appeal.
Why are you so quick to put them back on the street to re-offend?
Bill C

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 25, 2008, 7:49:02 AM1/25/08

Jackass -

Fuck you. I never said that. Fuck you and your strawman.

I just said don't kill them. Once you kill them, if you're wrong, you
can't rectify it.

fuck off, Mr. Strawman.

K. Gringioni.

Bill C

Jan 25, 2008, 8:03:20 AM1/25/08

Gotcha. I know I'm an asshole.
Anyway. You get the courts to stop turning them loose to re-offend
and I'll stop pushing to make sure they can't re-offend.
Bill C

William R. Mattil

Jan 25, 2008, 9:35:26 AM1/25/08
William Asher wrote:

> Worth reading:
>
> http://www.scottturow.com/books/ultimate-punishment/
>
> Abridged version for free:
>
> http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2003/01/06/030106fa_fact

Bill,

Thanks for posting this..... the second link was very well worth the
reading.

Bill

TJG

Jan 25, 2008, 1:04:55 PM1/25/08
On Jan 24, 1:10 pm, Hell And High Water <bob.remove.hell...@att.net>
wrote:
> In article <a3c9c19f-bb00-4227-b98c-
> 9fffdd91c...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, tritonri...@verizon.net

> says...
>
> > On Jan 24, 11:45 am, "brian_j_r...@yahoo.com" <brian_j_r...@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> > >http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/24/jail.laughter.ap/index.html
>
> > Good riddance to bad trash, at least for a while. Now explain to me.
> > again, why we should spend hundreds of thousands of dollars caring for
> > her instead of putting a bullet in her sick sick head.
>
> Or better yet, give her a bike and have some ass run her down.
>
> Eye for an eye, and all that....
>
> -Bob

Yes, a common misconception of what "an eye for an eye" means...

ST

Jan 25, 2008, 8:09:48 PM1/25/08
On 1/24/08 3:20 PM, in article
0c6e2b24-ec89-4eef...@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "Bill C"
<trito...@verizon.net> wrote:

Correct......

How many crimes are committed by repeat offenders??

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 25, 2008, 8:14:51 PM1/25/08
On Jan 24, 5:13 pm, Bill C <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  Compare that with those folks turned loose that re-offend, or are
> turned loose because shrinks think that prison is evil, and do nasty
> shit to innocents. Lots more of those.

Dumbass -

Our country has the highest incarceration rates per capita of any
nation in the world. We also have the highest crime rate per capita of
any industrialized nation.

What does that tell us? That our incarceration methods aren't working.

It's because our system is set up to punish rather than rehabilitate.
There is an 85% recidivism rate and it's because once a guy goes into
prison for an extended period of time he becomes a hardened criminal.

Duh.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

ST

Jan 25, 2008, 8:49:10 PM1/25/08
On 1/25/08 5:14 PM, in article
4e4d422b-096c-47af...@j78g2000hsd.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Bullshit!!
You are smarter than that assbag! Quite fuckin with the stats.
Correlation does NOT mean causation! Punishment is slow, tedious and, in the
end not much of any punishment!! The system inside allows for the
incarcerated to still commit indiscretions on the outside!!

Shit got fucked up when punishment changed to just a long layover...

Sandy

Jan 25, 2008, 8:51:29 PM1/25/08
Dans le message de
Kurgan Gringioni <kgrin...@hotmail.com> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

Should we take your comment to mean that punishment is not a valid means of
achieving changes in behavior? Not ever? Not partially? Maybe abandon the
idea of prison as a correctional location altogether? Maybe just accept bad
behavior as a byproduct of human interaction and accentuate the positive? (A
song is trying hard to burst through, but my voice has been declared PNG in
most countries I have visited.)
Sandy

" La France est un pays extraordinaire, on sème des fonctionnaires...il
pousse des impôts "
- Clémenceau

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 25, 2008, 9:03:20 PM1/25/08
On Jan 25, 5:49 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/25/08 5:14 PM, in article
> 4e4d422b-096c-47af-a6ba-8a74f5c13...@j78g2000hsd.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan

Dumbass -

To both you and Sandy: of course there still needs to be punishment.

If we are interested in reducing crime though, the incarceration needs
to be more than what it is today. Incarceration in American prisons is
brutal. Of course anyone that is subject to that sort of environment
is going to emerge an even bigger threat to society than when they
went in.

The system needs to make the punishment a time to learn how to follow
rules (laws) voluntarily. They quit doing behavior modification a long
time ago and we are seeing the results.

And yes, if the behavior modifcation isn't successful for any given
individual, time served should be increased.

Right now the system is random, brutal, and it doesn't stop crime.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

ST

Jan 25, 2008, 9:25:19 PM1/25/08
On 1/25/08 6:03 PM, in article
631f9811-1d20-42f5...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

The system is FAR from brutal!
The treatment of inmates by other inmates can be brutal!

Please re-read that again!!

Bill gave numerous examples of the perks of the incarcerated. They get
better healthcare than most law abiding citizens!!

John Forrest Tomlinson

Jan 25, 2008, 9:52:12 PM1/25/08
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 02:25:19 GMT, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:

>The system is FAR from brutal!
>The treatment of inmates by other inmates can be brutal!

Dumbass. The two sentences above contradict each other.

Thanks,

JFT

ST

Jan 25, 2008, 10:11:33 PM1/25/08
On 1/25/08 6:52 PM, in article t18lp3ljo4fc97td8...@4ax.com,

Coming from you I can understand. But to a normal non PC person???

The system coddles the criminal as compared to history or many other
countries. The fact that other inmates, gangs of inmates are ALLOWED to
brutalize other inmates is sentence 2.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 12:25:32 AM1/26/08
On Jan 25, 7:11 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/25/08 6:52 PM, in article t18lp3ljo4fc97td8hldeepjrod3scc...@4ax.com,

> "John Forrest Tomlinson" <usenetrem...@jt10000.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 02:25:19 GMT, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
>
> >> The system is FAR from brutal!
> >> The treatment of inmates by other inmates can be brutal!
>
> > Dumbass. The two sentences above contradict each other.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > JFT
>
> Coming from you I can understand. But to a normal non PC person???
>
> The system coddles the criminal as compared to history or many other
> countries. The fact that other inmates, gangs of inmates are ALLOWED to
> brutalize other inmates is sentence 2.

Dumbass -

Let me get this straight:

Is it correct that you believe that the US criminal justice system is
good at preventing crime?

thanks,

K. Gringnioni.

Kyle Legate

Jan 26, 2008, 3:00:38 AM1/26/08
Bill C wrote:

> Gotcha. I know I'm an asshole.
> Anyway. You get the courts to stop turning them loose to re-offend
> and I'll stop pushing to make sure they can't re-offend.
> Bill C

The point, since you seem to have missed it, is that a significant
proportion never offended in the first place.

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 9:04:28 AM1/26/08
On 1/25/08 9:25 PM, in article
1c65e401-dd5a-4b0f...@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I did not say that Assbag!!
I said the SYSTEM! Run by the GOVERNMENT is not BRUTAL!!
The inmates are BRUTAL!!

GET IT RIGHT!!

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 9:03:14 AM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 12:00 AM, in article 6007lfF...@mid.individual.net, "Kyle
Legate" <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

BS!
They may not have committed this crime but are FAR from never had offended!!
Look at all the cases. How many NEVER hurt a fly? NEVER had an existing rap
sheet?

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 9:25:51 AM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 6:03 AM, in article C3C07DA2.4DF12%n...@no.com, "ST" <n...@no.com>
wrote:

Also.........
Significant proportion? Where did you learn math?

Bill C

Jan 26, 2008, 10:04:02 AM1/26/08
On Jan 25, 8:51 pm, "Sandy" <leur...@free.fr> wrote:
> Dans le message denews:4e4d422b-096c-47af...@j78g2000hsd.googlegroups.com,
> Kurgan Gringioni <kgringi...@hotmail.com> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> - Clémenceau- Hide quoted text -

Hey Sandy
I'm gonna gree with Kurgan for the most part.
The system does WAY too little towards rehabbing those who are first
timers in non capital/rape crimes, non-violent, non-career. We need to
give those people skills and follow on guidance.
The parole system is a total snafu too, let alone follow up help.
IMO the first goal of prison is to protect society from the
criminals, and locking them up does this. We sure as hell don't need
to be locking people up for possession of personal amounts of drugs,
just dealers. Alternative programs for non-violent/young offenders.
Screw the violent, career, child/multiple rapist types. Use 'em as
labor, kill 'em whatever, as long as they aren't released to attack
society again.
Bill C

Bill C

Jan 26, 2008, 10:06:33 AM1/26/08

Kyle there's a lot bigger group that have been turned loose to kill
and rape again, than the State has killed innocents. IMO the State, in
turning those folks loose, is killing, and wrecking the lives of
innocents. That goes for the people lobbying on their behalf too.
I can live with the ones I want killed, there is noone taking
responsibility for the rest.
Bill C

Sandy

Jan 26, 2008, 10:37:28 AM1/26/08
Dans le message de
Bill C <trito...@verizon.net> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

I didn't suggest that punishment is the sole purpose.
One observation - in France, jail terms, heavily oriented towards rehab, are
much, much shorter, and recidivism is much lower. On the other hand, the
French are even more intrusive into life after a person has been released.
Not to mention the level of "solving" cases by use of brute force. The
public seems happy with the arrangement, even though Sarko didn't really
achieve much during his term as Min Interior.

MagillaGorilla

Jan 26, 2008, 10:53:30 AM1/26/08

Most crime on the street is related to drugs and committed by your
bottom-level user who needs to get high and is willing to commit
burglaries, robberies, and in some cases murder to get money so he can
get his next high. I support locking them up because they are the
source of most crime.

In fact, there was a study done that concluded that most murderers if
never prosecuted and let go would never murder again.

Thanks,

Magilla

Bill C

Jan 26, 2008, 10:53:41 AM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 10:37 am, "Sandy" <leur...@free.fr> wrote:

> I didn't suggest that punishment is the sole purpose.
> One observation - in France, jail terms, heavily oriented towards rehab, are
> much, much shorter, and recidivism is much lower.  On the other hand, the
> French are even more intrusive into life after a person has been released.
> Not to mention the level of "solving" cases by use of brute force.  The
> public seems happy with the arrangement, even though Sarko didn't really

> achieve much during his term as Min Interior.- Hide quoted text -

Sandy I think a lot of our problems are rooted in the structure of our
society too. We've had large groups who've been marginalized for
centuries, and new ones coming in in waves.
That's what a lot of other countries are starting to experience, and
they are now facing the same types of violence.
Lots of our politicians, rather than face that fact, and deal with
it, are stripping rights from our citizenry. I don't think the
politicians have a quick fix, which is what people want, so they have
to be doing something to show they are keeping us safe. The cure is
worse than the threat in a lot of cases.
My only solutions are long term, education, inclusion, and hard work.
Unfortunately everyone wants something now, and claims to be a victim
to get it.
Me too. I want our constitution and it's guarantees back. Howard and
I agree on that one, and more than he'll allow.
Bill C
Bill C

Kyle Legate

Jan 26, 2008, 1:14:25 PM1/26/08
That's not the point, the point is that they didn't commit the crime
they were convicted of.

Stupid doesn't _always_ have to accompany fat, you know.

Kyle Legate

Jan 26, 2008, 1:16:27 PM1/26/08
Bill C wrote:
> On Jan 26, 3:00 am, Kyle Legate <lega...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Bill C wrote:
>>
>>> Gotcha. I know I'm an asshole.
>>> Anyway. You get the courts to stop turning them loose to re-offend
>>> and I'll stop pushing to make sure they can't re-offend.
>>> Bill C
>> The point, since you seem to have missed it, is that a significant
>> proportion never offended in the first place.
>
> Kyle there's a lot bigger group that have been turned loose to kill
> and rape again, than the State has killed innocents.

You can't say that because there's no statistics on how many innocents
were murdered by the state.

Howard Kveck

Jan 26, 2008, 1:22:04 PM1/26/08
In article <0c063a88-60b0-4de9...@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
Bill C <trito...@verizon.net> wrote:

Mike Huckabee sure isn't taking responsibility for Wayne Dumond.

Bill C

Jan 26, 2008, 3:00:53 PM1/26/08

They've anti-death penalty folks, here in the US, have been trying to
"prove" a single case, in the modern era, beyond reasonable doubt for
decades now, and haven't found one to hang their hat on.
If you take the total numbber of folks executed, and compare it with
recidivist murderers it doesn't get any better for their case. I'm
willing to leave them in prison to rot, where they aren't attacking
innocent people, but they keep turning them loose, or screwing up and
letting them get loose.
Bill C

Bill C

Jan 26, 2008, 3:02:15 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 1:22 pm, Howard Kveck <YOURhow...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote:
> In article <0c063a88-60b0-4de9-a004-28e6c1de9...@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
>                      remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?- Hide quoted text -

Huckabee's a complete fucking wingnut. So is Kucinich. Both sides keep
digging up shit candidates.
Bill C

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2008, 3:44:12 PM1/26/08

> Is it correct that you believe that the US criminal justice system is
> good at preventing crime?

Can you tell me how you prevent crime? Who were the SLA again? A bunch of
down and outers with no other choice?

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2008, 3:48:51 PM1/26/08
"Bill C" <trito...@verizon.net> wrote in message

On Jan 26, 10:37 am, "Sandy" <leur...@free.fr> wrote:

> Sandy I think a lot of our problems are rooted in the structure of our
> society too. We've had large groups who've been marginalized for
> centuries, and new ones coming in in waves.

Perhaps you'd like to explain that one Bill? Point of fact: my father and
his brothers weren't allowed to attend public schools because they were
Slav. The Portuguese, Italians and other such groups were in the same boat.
That didn't lead to large segments of that population becoming criminal.

MagillaGorilla

Jan 26, 2008, 5:05:29 PM1/26/08
Bill C wrote:

I like how you group all murder as "killing innocents" when in fact
there's 1st degree, 2nd degree, 3rd degree...and further delineations
therein (2nd degree manslaughter, 3rd degree manslaugher, etc.).

Most gratuitous murder is confined to gangs and inner city followed by
acts of domestic violence. Neither of those categories should affect
you so stop acting like you care or that it affects your quality of life
because neither are true.

Very few murders are stranger-on-stranger crimes. Most deaths that are
are the result of acts of reckless negligence like malpractice, DWI,
reckless driving, etc.

In fact, if you want to single out the biggest demographics of people
who kill other humans, it's probably:

1) doctors
2) drivers of cars
3) cigarette manufacturers

So don't go trying to get all righteous with me about murder. Do you
think that when our soldiers go over to another country and kill
someone, that is also defined as "killing of innocents?" Or are the
victims guilty simply because we said so?

Most of you people who get all fake-righteous about murder don't even
know what the fuck murder is and you talk like a 4th grader ("killing
innocents"). You further define it based on you own PERSONAL
interpretation of who the good guy is and who the bad guy is. And your
defintion of good v. evil varies with the wind depending upon where your
politics lie.

So just drop this topic because it's obviously too sophisticated for you
dumbasses in here to discuss in any worthwhile manner.

Thanks,

Magilla

Tom Kunich

Jan 26, 2008, 5:10:16 PM1/26/08
"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message

Hmm, posted before adding: The Chinese were treated as bad or even worse
than the blacks on the west coast and that didn't lead to unlimited Chinese
crime.

The real question is this: why are people making excuses for the black
criminals to the point that a black criminal is often given so many chances
that he never learns that there are consequences for his actions until WAY
too late for it to have any effect on his life.

I grew up with blacks BEFORE that sort of treatment and the overwhelming
majority of blacks in my neighborhood (which was mostly black) not only were
law abiding and reasonably happy but a large percentage of them were
actually quite successful. One of the black guys we all made fun of as a
dolt became a high class lawyer and quite respected in the Bar Association.

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 5:38:23 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 10:14 AM, in article 601bkaF...@mid.individual.net, "Kyle
Legate" <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

You are making assumptions or parroting an article that said "Maybe"

They who? Lets see it........

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 5:39:55 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 10:16 AM, in article 601bo4F...@mid.individual.net, "Kyle
Legate" <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

You made MY point Assbag!!

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 5:46:57 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 2:05 PM, in article fngara$umb$1...@aioe.org, "MagillaGorilla"
<mag...@sandiegozoo.com> wrote:

I actually agree with ApeBoy here.........

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 5:49:48 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 6:04 am, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/25/08 9:25 PM, in article
> 1c65e401-dd5a-4b0f-9d34-0c7061b19...@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan

> Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 25, 7:11 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:

> >> Coming from you I can understand. But to a normal non PC person???
>
> >> The system coddles the criminal as compared to history or many other
> >> countries. The fact that other inmates, gangs of inmates are ALLOWED to
> >> brutalize other inmates is sentence 2.
>
> > Dumbass -
>
> > Let me get this straight:
>
> > Is it correct that you believe that the US criminal justice system is
> > good at preventing crime?
>
> > thanks,
>
> > K. Gringnioni.
>
> I did not say that Assbag!!
> I said the SYSTEM! Run by the GOVERNMENT is not BRUTAL!!
> The inmates are BRUTAL!!

Dumbass -

You didn't answer the question:

Do you believe that the US criminal justice system is good at
preventing crime?

Yes or no.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 5:52:29 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 7:37 am, "Sandy" <leur...@free.fr> wrote:

> I didn't suggest that punishment is the sole purpose.
> One observation - in France, jail terms, heavily oriented towards rehab, are
> much, much shorter, and recidivism is much lower.

<snip>

Thank you for stating that.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 5:54:03 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 2:38 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:

> > Stupid doesn't _always_ have to accompany fat, you know.
>
> You are making assumptions or parroting an article that said "Maybe"

Dumbass -

The article didn't say anything about your stupidity or your fatness.
Kyle was the one that said it, not the article.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 5:54:34 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 2:49 PM, in article
72e1ba09-2dea-4213...@m34g2000hsb.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

No.....
It is too pussy-whipped!

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 5:55:24 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 2:39 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/08 10:16 AM, in article 601bo4F1oltd...@mid.individual.net, "Kyle

> Legate" <lega...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Bill C wrote:

> >> Kyle there's a lot bigger group that have been turned loose to kill
> >> and rape again, than the State has killed innocents.
>
> > You can't say that because there's no statistics on how many innocents
> > were murdered by the state.
>
> You made MY point Assbag!!

Dumbass -

?

We don't have those statistics because efforts to exonerate them stop
once they are executed.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 5:56:37 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 2:54 PM, in article
a46bc873-7d09-47fc...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Quit cutting out pertinent shit ASSBAG! This was in regard to Kyle saying
there is many innocent victims of capital punishment (death penalty)

Is twisting the postings the only way you can look good in your false logic
arguments??

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 5:59:16 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 12:00 pm, Bill C <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  They've anti-death penalty folks, here in the US, have been trying to
> "prove" a single case, in the modern era, beyond reasonable doubt for
> decades now,

Dumbass -

I posted a link earlier that basically did that. All the witnesses to
the crime recanted their testimony. The prosecution was based entirely
upon their testimony - there was no forensic evidence.

I'm amazed that our system will execute someone w/ only witness
evidence. Ever hear of the poll w/ the Columbia space shuttle
disaster? One of the polling companies took a poll of what people were
doing when they first heard about it. Ten years later they polled as
many of the same people as they could find on the same question. Only
11% gave the same answer.

There's a portion of our brain that modifies our recollection of
traumatic memories over time. It's a coping mechanism.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

William R. Mattil

Jan 26, 2008, 6:43:03 PM1/26/08
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
Ever hear of the poll w/ the Columbia space shuttle
> disaster? One of the polling companies took a poll of what people were
> doing when they first heard about it. Ten years later they polled as
> many of the same people as they could find on the same question. Only
> 11% gave the same answer.

Dumbass,

Your data here is incorrect. Columbia was destroyed during re-entry on
Feb 1 2003. So the whole 10 year plan hasn't been completed yet.

Bill

KG

Jan 26, 2008, 7:13:20 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 3:43 pm, "William R. Mattil" <wrmat...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

Dumbass -

I misspoke. The Challenger Disaster.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

KG

Jan 26, 2008, 7:18:16 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 2:56 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/08 2:54 PM, in article
> a46bc873-7d09-47fc-8aaf-e31be7bde...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan

> Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> You are making assumptions or parroting an article that said "Maybe"
>
> > Dumbass -
>
> > The article didn't say anything about your stupidity or your fatness.
> > Kyle was the one that said it, not the article.
>
> > thanks,
>
> > K. Gringioni.
>
> Quit cutting out pertinent shit ASSBAG! This was in regard to Kyle saying
> there is many innocent victims of capital punishment (death penalty)

Dumbass -

?

Kyle was the one that said that "stupid doesn't _always_ have to
accompany fat".

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Bill C

Jan 26, 2008, 7:36:24 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 3:48 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Bill C" <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Hey Tom
My roots are German/Polish/lithuanian/Russian the difference is they
were forced to, and wanted to assimilate. There were also lots of un/
semi skilled labor jobs available for them in our manufacturing
economy. They were also conditioned that to get ahead you had to work
hard.
Today, it's get rich quick, society owes you everything, everyone's a
victim, and very little to no good jobs for semi-skilled folks.
Those've been offshored.
Show me where African-Americans were treated as Americans before Dr.
King and the civil rights movement. Blue collar hard work used to be
respected and honorable, now you are shit if you haven't been to
college, and getting dirty is just beyond the pale for our elitist
friends.
I had to deal with that all through school, and my choice to go to a
Voc. school just made sure that the friends I had whose parents were
academics wanted nothing to do with me after that.
They talk about supporting the people, but want nothing to do with
blue collar folks, if it's not patronizing them.
The culture of the group is a huge factor, and unfortunately in some
groups the culture glorifies crime and violence, and even bringing it
up is considered to be totally bigotted in the PC culture today.
Ask Bill Cosby.
Bill C

William R. Mattil

Jan 26, 2008, 7:36:33 PM1/26/08
KG wrote:

> I misspoke. The Challenger Disaster.

No Problem.. as it turns out your statement is probably accurate after
substituting Challenger for Columbia. I cannot recall exactly when/where
that one was. The same will not be true for the Columbia disaster
however. And time will not erase that ... perhaps Alzheimers can. The
morning of the Columbia reentry I was in West Texas, in an extremely
dark, largely uninhabited area, photographing the night sky so I was up
all night. At dawn I started breaking down my equipment in preparation
for the 3.5 hour drive home but I kept scanning the sky knowing that the
shuttle was due to land. The resultant vapor/ion trail left no doubt
that something had gone terribly wrong. Only managed to get a few
pictures of it with just camera lenses because the telescopes had been
all packed up. But it left an indelible mark and I doubt that image will
ever be erased.

Regards

Bill

Bill C

Jan 26, 2008, 7:43:39 PM1/26/08
> Magilla- Hide quoted text -

RBR is simplistic, "murder" is a very nuanced term, but wrapping
yourself in details means you miss the forest.
Holding your head, and whining it's too complicated so I'm gonna duck
the issue is typical.
Wanna piss everyone off real quick, cite the facts without spinning
them, and raise the issues PC says you can't.
The first casualty of politeness, consideration, and PC is the
ability to discuss truth.
Damn near getting fired for telling a class that "wetback' is an
insult used by morons aimed at Mexican Americans is a perfect example.
God forbid he taught that the Klan scumbags used "nigger" as a slur.
We can't teach that.
Bill C

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 9:13:36 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 2:55 PM, in article
e010a269-52c0-4989...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

?

Says who? You? Your reliable internet source?

You are saying: "There are statistics to validate my position!! They just
have not been investigated enough yet!!"

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 9:16:56 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 2:59 PM, in article
93eefc92-e45a-4f95...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dumbass -
>

> There's a portion of our brain that modifies our recollection of
> traumatic memories over time. It's a coping mechanism.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

Bullcrap.............
Its called 10 YEARS! I cannot tell you what I was doing 10 years ago. Maybe
generally but not specific. If it was traumatic for uninvolved individuals
they would remember! Ask the involved individuals that were traumatized...

KG

Jan 26, 2008, 9:44:05 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 6:13 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/08 2:55 PM, in article
> e010a269-52c0-4989-831c-766f70e4a...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan

Dumbass -

It's common sense.

Why would anyone spend time, money and energy attempting to exonerate
someone who's already been executed?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 9:53:25 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 6:44 PM, in article
718d13ae-ed40-4230...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "KG"
<kurgang...@gmail.com> wrote:

That's why OJ has not found Nicole's killer?!?!?!
Bet if it was your family member you would spend some of that Trust Fund
Baby money!

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 9:55:57 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 6:16 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/08 2:59 PM, in article
> 93eefc92-e45a-4f95-980c-542599ff8...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan

> Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dumbass -
>
> > There's a portion of our brain that modifies our recollection of
> > traumatic memories over time. It's a coping mechanism.
>
> > thanks,
>
> > K. Gringioni.
>
> Bullcrap.............
> Its called 10 YEARS! I cannot tell you what I was doing 10 years ago.

Dumbass -

They didn't say "I didn't know".

They gave a different answer.

There is a part of the brain that alters memories. I'll try to look up
the research on it.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 9:57:57 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 6:55 PM, in article
75c019de-d9bc-43f2...@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Just like most polls.........
What if I DON'T KNOW was not one of the choices?? As in what were you doing?
I bet I could get a similar result even with your mensa brain.. It did not
have to be a traumatic issue. It is just fuzzy memory.........

What is your issue??

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 10:02:12 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 6:55 PM, in article
75c019de-d9bc-43f2...@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

And, lets see your internet research that shows they gave a different answer
because their brain was coping with trauma?? What altered the memory??

Ten Years! Do some research about this in regards to people testifying in a
trial about a crime that happened 10 years ago. Not taking coaching into
consideration I am sure there will be some fuzziness to details.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 10:07:49 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 6:53 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/08 6:44 PM, in article
> 718d13ae-ed40-4230-8a2e-0c8963aa5...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "KG"

Dumbass -

WTF does the OJ Simpson case have to do w/ executions by the
government?

Nothing. No one was ever convicted.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 10:24:18 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 7:02 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/08 6:55 PM, in article
> 75c019de-d9bc-43f2-875f-83e34b481...@l32g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan

Dumbass -

I was held up at gunpoint at a rest stop on an interstate in another
state many years ago. Two men w/ guns. Luckily the guns were stolen
and they didn't get ammo w/ the guns. Someone who was in another car
at the rest stop saw what their car was and at the next exit I found a
pay phone and called the cops. Shortly thereafter, the robbers pulled
into gas stop and some cops who were happening to be there saw them,
detained them and searched their car. They found guns and my wallet.

Another cop came to pick me up to interview me. The description that I
gave didn't match the guys at all, other than skin color. Since they
were in possession of my wallet and they had guns and a car that had
been stolen, there was little doubt that they committed the crime. But
that experience taught me something. I thought I was an objective
observer, even in highly emotionally charged situations. Clearly, I am
not.

I am not alone. In psych classes, a not unusual technique is to stage
a fake holdup at the front of the class, dispel the tension by telling
the class it was fake, but then query the students on a description of
the perpetrator. Hardly anyone is capable of giving an accurate
description.

It is why it is impossible to design a legal system that can deliver
consistently accurate results. It is a very strong dilemma: the legal
systems are definitely necessary, but how do you balance that need
with their vast imperfection?

Legal systems are run by humans and humans make mistakes. Lots of
mistakes.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

ST

Jan 26, 2008, 10:39:24 PM1/26/08
On 1/26/08 7:24 PM, in article
c605ec99-ed39-4d09...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

So we let them all go??

"Most of us continue to believe that those who show utter contempt for
human life by committing remorseless, premeditated murder justly forfeit the
right to their own life."
-- Alex Kozinski, U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 26, 2008, 11:06:38 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 7:39 pm, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:
> On 1/26/08 7:24 PM, in article
> c605ec99-ed39-4d09-be98-01213aa13...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan

Dumbass -

Absolutely not.

In the most egregious crimes, life w/out the possibility of parole.

The reason I support that is if you execute someone, you can't take it
back. When people are merely imprisoned, if evidence arises which
support their innocence, at least you can partially rectify the
situation by leting those particular ones out.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Tom Kunich

Jan 27, 2008, 12:09:15 AM1/27/08

> Show me where African-Americans were treated as Americans before Dr.
> King and the civil rights movement. Blue collar hard work used to be
> respected and honorable, now you are shit if you haven't been to
> college, and getting dirty is just beyond the pale for our elitist
> friends.

The entire west coast but particularly California was hardly touched by
racism against blacks. Now I didn't say UNTOUCHED but hardly touched. And
what is significant about that is that the racism that was here wasn't
directed solely at blacks but at all non-WASPs.

Let's remember that a great deal of the black movement started right in
Oakland where I was born and grew up and most of those who were involved in
it came from middle class (middle class for Oakland that is) families.

That's significant. It implies that actual racism wasn't involved nearly as
much as implied racism.

Tom Kunich

Jan 27, 2008, 12:13:59 AM1/27/08

On Jan 26, 12:00 pm, Bill C <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm amazed that our system will execute someone w/ only witness
> evidence. Ever hear of the poll w/ the Columbia space shuttle
> disaster? One of the polling companies took a poll of what people were
> doing when they first heard about it. Ten years later they polled as
> many of the same people as they could find on the same question. Only
> 11% gave the same answer.

Here's something for you - they ran a poll of what people were doing when
President Kennedy was shot and then 20 years later they did another one and
got almost 100% agreement.

> There's a portion of our brain that modifies our recollection of
> traumatic memories over time. It's a coping mechanism.

As a matter of fact it operates precisely the opposite of the idea you have.
Moments of great stress fix themselves so rigidly in the brain that they
never change.

Tom Kunich

Jan 27, 2008, 12:15:02 AM1/27/08
"William R. Mattil" <wrma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> No Problem.. as it turns out your statement is probably accurate after
> substituting Challenger for Columbia. I cannot recall exactly when/where
> that one was.

So you thought that more important than a plane crash with hundreds of
victims?

Howard Kveck

Jan 27, 2008, 12:35:04 AM1/27/08
In article <d73e57bc-9853-47af...@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Bill C <trito...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 1:22 pm, Howard Kveck <YOURhow...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <0c063a88-60b0-4de9-a004-28e6c1de9...@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Bill C <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote:

> > > Kyle there's a lot bigger group that have been turned loose to kill

> > > and rape again, than the State has killed innocents. IMO the State, in
> > > turning those folks loose, is killing, and wrecking the lives of
> > > innocents. That goes for the people lobbying on their behalf too.
> > >  I can live with the ones I want killed, there is noone taking
> > > responsibility for the rest.
> >

> >    Mike Huckabee sure isn't taking responsibility for Wayne Dumond.

> Huckabee's a complete fucking wingnut. So is Kucinich. Both sides keep
> digging up shit candidates.

Are you familiar with the Dumond case, Bill? He was a rightwing cause celebre, and
Huckabee joined in to get their approval. He refused to hear the pleas of the
victim's families and the testimony of the parole board. He turned Dumond loose, at
which time, Dumond went to Missouri, where he then raped and killed one woman and is
the prime suspect in the rape and murder of another. [1] He was out because of
rightwing hatred of Bill Clinton and because of Mike Huckabee's intervention.

Which rapist / murderer did Kucinich free?

By the way, what is it about Kucinich that you think makes him a "shit candidate?"

[1] More detail here: http://tinyurl.com/85a9r

--
tanx,
Howard

Now it's raining pitchforks and women,
But I've already got a pitchfork...

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Howard Kveck

Jan 27, 2008, 12:35:13 AM1/27/08
In article <C3C07DA2.4DF12%n...@no.com>, ST <n...@no.com> wrote:

> On 1/26/08 12:00 AM, in article 6007lfF...@mid.individual.net, "Kyle

> Legate" <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Bill C wrote:
> >>>

> >> Gotcha. I know I'm an asshole.
> >> Anyway. You get the courts to stop turning them loose to re-offend
> >> and I'll stop pushing to make sure they can't re-offend.
> >> Bill C
> >
> > The point, since you seem to have missed it, is that a significant
> > proportion never offended in the first place.
>

> BS!
> They may not have committed this crime but are FAR from never had offended!!
> Look at all the cases. How many NEVER hurt a fly? NEVER had an existing rap
> sheet?

Stevie, have you got any evidence to support that claim? Or is it straight out of
your ass?

Howard Kveck

Jan 27, 2008, 12:43:01 AM1/27/08
In article <c605ec99-ed39-4d09...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Kurgan Gringioni <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I was held up at gunpoint at a rest stop on an interstate in another
> state many years ago. Two men w/ guns. Luckily the guns were stolen
> and they didn't get ammo w/ the guns. Someone who was in another car
> at the rest stop saw what their car was and at the next exit I found a
> pay phone and called the cops. Shortly thereafter, the robbers pulled
> into gas stop and some cops who were happening to be there saw them,
> detained them and searched their car. They found guns and my wallet.
>
> Another cop came to pick me up to interview me. The description that I
> gave didn't match the guys at all, other than skin color. Since they
> were in possession of my wallet and they had guns and a car that had
> been stolen, there was little doubt that they committed the crime. But
> that experience taught me something. I thought I was an objective
> observer, even in highly emotionally charged situations. Clearly, I am
> not.

That's why eyewitness testimony is less reliable. Forensic evidence is stronger
but the hard part is convincing people of that. I think part of the reason for that
is that people in general don't understand science.

Kyle Legate

Jan 27, 2008, 3:14:11 AM1/27/08
ST wrote:
> On 1/26/08 2:54 PM, in article
> a46bc873-7d09-47fc...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
> Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> You are making assumptions or parroting an article that said "Maybe"
>>

>> Dumbass -
>>
>> The article didn't say anything about your stupidity or your fatness.
>> Kyle was the one that said it, not the article.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> K. Gringioni.
>
> Quit cutting out pertinent shit ASSBAG!

Once you start posting pertinent shit, Kurgan can start cutting it out.
So far, no joy.

Kyle Legate

Jan 27, 2008, 3:21:46 AM1/27/08
ST wrote:
> On 1/26/08 2:59 PM, in article
> 93eefc92-e45a-4f95...@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan
> Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Dumbass -
>>

>> There's a portion of our brain that modifies our recollection of
>> traumatic memories over time. It's a coping mechanism.
>>

>> thanks,
>>
>> K. Gringioni.
>
> Bullcrap.............
> Its called 10 YEARS! I cannot tell you what I was doing 10 years ago.

From the tone of your posts, you weren't born yet.

When the Challenger exploded I was walking the halls of my high school
during the lunch period in 9th grade. I walked past the A/V room and the
geeks were watching it on television. I don't know where I was when the
Colombia exploded cause I read about it a couple of days later.

William R. Mattil

Jan 27, 2008, 8:28:06 AM1/27/08

Are you off your Meds ? Because your question makes absolutely no sense
at all.

Bill

Bill C

Jan 27, 2008, 9:17:29 AM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 12:35 am, Howard Kveck <YOURhow...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote:
> In article <d73e57bc-9853-47af-b5b1-2780a4877...@d70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

How about the UFO bit with Shirley? Most of his positions are a "bit"
extreme. The dude's a wack job.
Bill C

MagillaGorilla

Jan 27, 2008, 11:16:37 AM1/27/08
Tom Kunich wrote:

My, you're a smart one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_Riots

Magilla

MagillaGorilla

Jan 27, 2008, 11:56:49 AM1/27/08
Tom Kunich wrote:

Tom,

How come you never told us you had a full fronal lobotomy? We would
have understood.

Magilla

MagillaGorilla

Jan 27, 2008, 12:05:24 PM1/27/08
Tom Kunich wrote:

Hey asspipe,

How is the space shuttle exploding a "moment of great stress" for the
average American person?

The fact is, that incident doesn't even rank in the top 50 of the most
stressful things to any person alive today, and if it does they need to
get a life (unless they work for NASA).

As for Kennedy getting his head pumpkin smashed, that occurred in 1963
when most American citizens were still losers and lived their life
vicariously through the President and other such public figues.

If that happened today, nobody would even give a fuck (as much).

In 1963, you're talking about a time with no Internet, 3 TV stations in
the entire country, and 85% of the population being clinically brain
dead for all intents and purposes.

Remembering where you were during these times has little to do with
stress. There are thousands of things you can remember ACCURATELY from
your past that have NOTHING to do with a stressful or non-stressful event.

Magilla

Phil Holman

Jan 27, 2008, 2:27:01 PM1/27/08

On Jan 24, 6:47 pm, "Phil Holman" <piholmanc@yourservice> wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 24, 1:15 pm, Bill C <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 24, 12:38 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <kgringi...@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Dumbass -
>
> > > Cases which impose The Death Penalty are supposed to meet the
> > > highest
> > > standard of proof. A few years ago this country marked the
> > > occasion
> > > of
> > > its 1,000th execution since the reimpositioin of the Death Penalty
> > > in
> > > 1976. During that period, 120 people who were on Death Row were
> > > exonerated. For every 8.5 people we executed, 1 was let out of
> > > jail.
>
> > > Those errors are only the ones that we know about. How many whom
> > > got
> > > executed were innocent?
>
> > > The fundamental problem with executing people is that is extremely
> > > difficult for any legal system to find out the truth. Until we can
> > > make time machines that go back and peer into events of the past,
> > > they
> > > will always make errors.
>
> > > As for Melissa Arrington, I'd like to kick her ass.
>
> > > thanks,
>
> > > K. Gringioni.
>
> > I'm cold blooded in this matter. Anyway there should be something
> > better than free housing, food, cable TV, computer access, college,
> > medical care, gym, etc...for career and capital criminals.
> > They're increasingly better treated than the victims and their
> > families. I've always wondered why anyone is homeless on the
> > streets.
> > Faced with that, especially in winter, I'm busting a gourmet/liquor
> > store window. Grabbing some heat, good food, and a drink while I
> > wait
> > for them to come escort me off for a warm shower ..........
>
> Yes, I'm sure Bubba will pass you the soap along with his, erm, top
> tube. You've got to be kidding.
>
> Phil H- Hide quoted text -

Dumbass, what's better freezing to death because the shelters that
haven't closed are full, or sitting in county lock-up?
Bill C

I can't imagine from the perspective of being homeless. You may think
it's better to be in the slammer but for some reason most of the
homeless don't appear to be exercising that option.

Phil H

Carl Sundquist

Jan 27, 2008, 2:29:13 PM1/27/08

"MagillaGorilla" <mag...@sandiegozoo.com> wrote in message

> Hey asspipe,
>
> How is the space shuttle exploding a "moment of great stress" for the
> average American person?
>
> The fact is, that incident doesn't even rank in the top 50 of the most
> stressful things to any person alive today, and if it does they need to
> get a life (unless they work for NASA).
>
> As for Kennedy getting his head pumpkin smashed, that occurred in 1963
> when most American citizens were still losers and lived their life
> vicariously through the President and other such public figues.
>
> If that happened today, nobody would even give a fuck (as much).
>
> In 1963, you're talking about a time with no Internet, 3 TV stations in
> the entire country, and 85% of the population being clinically brain dead
> for all intents and purposes.
>
> Remembering where you were during these times has little to do with
> stress. There are thousands of things you can remember ACCURATELY from
> your past that have NOTHING to do with a stressful or non-stressful event.
>

> Magilla

Do you remember the time you emptied the contents of your stomach outside
the Golden Bee?

William Asher

Jan 27, 2008, 3:19:23 PM1/27/08
William R. Mattil wrote:

Remember what the Dormouse said.

Hit it Grace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xhYk9PEmXA

--
Bill Asher

William Asher

Jan 27, 2008, 3:21:58 PM1/27/08
Carl Sundquist wrote:

> "MagillaGorilla" <mag...@sandiegozoo.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Remembering where you were during these times has little to do with
>> stress. There are thousands of things you can remember ACCURATELY
>> from your past that have NOTHING to do with a stressful or
>> non-stressful event.
>

> Do you remember the time you emptied the contents of your stomach
> outside the Golden Bee?

That's happened so often, you will need to at least fix the year to get a
specific answer.

--
Bill Asher

amit....@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2008, 3:33:12 PM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 2:29 pm, "Carl Sundquist" <carl...@cox.net> wrote:
> "MagillaGorilla" <magi...@sandiegozoo.com> wrote in message

from which end ?

MagillaGorilla

Jan 27, 2008, 4:20:18 PM1/27/08
Carl Sundquist wrote:

Ahhh, no.

Magilla

Michael Press

Jan 27, 2008, 5:09:30 PM1/27/08
In article <fnidkk$h6g$1...@aioe.org>,
MagillaGorilla <mag...@sandiegozoo.com> wrote:

People do not change. There's always some gasbag bloviating
about how things are different now.

--
Michael Press

Bill C

Jan 27, 2008, 6:33:54 PM1/27/08
On Jan 27, 2:27 pm, "Phil Holman" <piholmanc@yourservice> wrote:
> "Bill C" <tritonri...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I really wish they would because it would put a LOT of pressure on us
to actually deal with the problem and not just walk by as fast as
possible and ignore them. A lot have addiction issues, and thoise
would be a problem in lock-up. One of the requirements for sheltering
at our VA is to be clean/sober, or enroll in their treatment programs
while staying there. Lots of vets won't go in, or stay because of that
rule. Got one friend in particular who's in and out pretty regularly.
Bill C

Phil Holman

Jan 27, 2008, 8:47:45 PM1/27/08

"Bill C" <trito...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I'm sorry to hear that. My original remark was to squash the notion that
being in the slammer is a cushy number for the likes of Arrington. Maybe
not for the homeless when looked at objectively but how many of them can
do that?

Phil H

Les Earnest

Jan 27, 2008, 8:50:42 PM1/27/08

Regarding the claim that "California was hardly touched by racism
against blacks", while going through grant deeds from my town (Los Altos
Hills) I noticed a typical one dated March 8, 1962, that included the
following provisions:
"All of said lots are held and owned and shall be conveyed subject to
the express condition that said real property shall not be used or
occupied by any person of African, Japanese, Chinese, Mongolian or Malay
descent; provided, however, that said conditions shall not be construed
as prohibiting persons of such descent from residing upon said property
while in the employment as servants of the persons occupying said property."

This was typical of California urban grant deeds going back a century or
more. Happily, such conditions were rendered illegal and unenforceable a
short time later by the 1964 Omnibus Civil Rights Act but it is
interesting to see that blatant racism was an accepted part of local
business practices so recently.

-Les Earnest

It is loading more messages.