How to visit Troyes TDF2005?!

January 28

Feb 23, 2005, 1:20:53 PM2/23/05
I am planning a day trip from Paris to Troyes to catch the start of
that city's stage for the Tour De France, 2005...

BUT .......

I am struggling to find an itinerary for the day's events? Where does
the stage start? What time does it start? These sorts of things...

Anyone? letour.fr has nothing.

Merci bien.

Bob Schwartz

Feb 23, 2005, 1:43:54 PM2/23/05

> BUT .......

> Anyone? letour.fr has nothing.

> Merci bien.

I'll bet Chung knows.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Ewoud Dronkert

Feb 23, 2005, 2:20:07 PM2/23/05
On 23 Feb 2005 10:20:53 -0800, January 28 wrote:
> I am planning a day trip from Paris to Troyes to catch the start of
> that city's stage for the Tour De France, 2005...
>
> BUT .......
>
> I am struggling to find an itinerary for the day's events?

Take train from Paris Est leaving 7:55 arriving 9:33. Leave station at
front and walk straight ahead into the old town. Look for a stage and
tents on the square, with lots of people and noise and possibly some
cyclists. If you're too early, buy a l'Equipe and drink a coffee. Now
how difficult was that?!

Also, from http://www.tourisme-troyes.com/
Un départ fictif est prévu, au coeur du centre-ville, rue de la
République. Puis, rue R. Poincaré, les coureurs rejoindront ensuite
l'avenue du 1er Mai, via le boulevard Barbusse (en sens interdit !).
Le départ réel sera donné juste à la sortie de Creney.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Robert Chung

Feb 23, 2005, 2:30:55 PM2/23/05
January 28, asking on February 23 about a stage of the Tour that won't

begin until July 7, wrote:

> I am struggling to find an itinerary for the day's events? Where does
> the stage start? What time does it start?

So you're saying you like to plan things in advance? Have you planned out
when, during the month of July, you're going to have sex?

The stage will start not far from the Mairie, at around 1:00pm. Try the
champagne. Avoid the andouillette.

Bob Schwartz

Feb 23, 2005, 4:10:58 PM2/23/05
Robert Chung <m...@address.invalid> wrote:
> Try the champagne. Avoid the andouillette.

My experience with the andouillette in the shadow of the Roman theatre
in Orange was quite pleasant. In spite of the snickering from my wife
and daughter after they punched 'andouillette' into the translator and
found out what it was. Maybe in Troyes they follow a different recipe:

http://www.burkeandwells.com/archive/000141.php

I'm pretty sure I took a picture of it. For heather, of course.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Bob Schwartz

Feb 23, 2005, 4:31:57 PM2/23/05
Robert Chung <m...@address.invalid> wrote:
> So you're saying you like to plan things in advance? Have you planned out
> when, during the month of July, you're going to have sex?

Well, you certainly can't plan that until you know the route and start
times.

Or here in the States, the OLN broadcast schedule.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Ewoud Dronkert

Feb 23, 2005, 4:44:08 PM2/23/05
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:10:58 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
> My experience with the andouillette in the shadow of the Roman
> theatre in Orange was quite pleasant.

Really, eating it you mean..? For me, never again.

Peter Allen

Feb 23, 2005, 5:45:30 PM2/23/05
"Bob Schwartz" <cv...@shell.core.com> wrote in message

> Robert Chung <m...@address.invalid> wrote:
>> Try the champagne. Avoid the andouillette.
>
> My experience with the andouillette in the shadow of the Roman theatre
> in Orange was quite pleasant. In spite of the snickering from my wife
> and daughter after they punched 'andouillette' into the translator and
> found out what it was. Maybe in Troyes they follow a different recipe:
>
> http://www.burkeandwells.com/archive/000141.php

Not really on topic, but it at least relates to that link.

So last weekend I'm out for dinner with my parents and siblings, at a fairly
decent restaurant (a Loch Fyne, if anyone cares..).

My dad and I both go for mackerel pate with oatcakes as a starter; duly
there arrive a couple of plates each with a bit of salad, oatcakes, and a
rammikin of whitish paste with a bit of pepper grated on top; pretty much
what was expected.

So we start eating. And it tastes... interesting. Not exactly fishy. More
sort of quite sweet.

In fact, not fishy at all, and mackerel is a fairly strong tasting fish.

Takes about five minutes before I decide that this can't possibly be
mackerel pate, and risk humiliation by asking a waiter if this is what it's
meant to be. Waiter gives the standard condescending look as if to suggest
that I must be a complete Philistine to fail to appreciate their fine food,
but takes the plate away to check that it's OK. Two minutes later, hugely
embarrassed waiter returns - seems they put a dessert in the same sort of
rammikins that they put mackerel pate in, which they make up ahead of time
and have in the fridge. And some guy in the kitchen grabbed two of the wrong
rammikins in a hurry, put pepper on them, gave them to us.

Dad and I get the correct starters, which were definitely fishy and quite
nice.

Peter

Bob Schwartz

Feb 23, 2005, 6:14:47 PM2/23/05
Ewoud Dronkert <firs...@lastname.net.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:10:58 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
>> My experience with the andouillette in the shadow of the Roman
>> theatre in Orange was quite pleasant.

> Really, eating it you mean..? For me, never again.

Food criticsm from a resident of a country where they eat
butter sandwiches with cupcake sprinkles for breakfast.
Well, it didn't taste like shit.

I also got a picture of the frites at the McDonalds at
Schiphol, to prove to friends that you can indeed get them
served with mayo.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Curtis L. Russell

Feb 23, 2005, 6:23:24 PM2/23/05
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:30:55 +0100, "Robert Chung"
<m...@address.invalid> wrote:

>So you're saying you like to plan things in advance? Have you planned out
>when, during the month of July, you're going to have sex?

You might have to plan sex in advance if you are going to involve
several hundred people or more. Might have to check reservations as
well, unless you already have a very large room available. We could
turn this into a thread on how the Tour is and is not like sex.
Mostly, as far as I can tell, it isn't, but that might just be my sex
life.

And if you only have one shot at it in the month, you might want to
make sure that you make it. Planning, in that case, would be a good
thing.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Bob Schwartz

Feb 23, 2005, 11:51:59 PM2/23/05
Bob Schwartz <cv...@shell.core.com> wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert <firs...@lastname.net.invalid> wrote:
>> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:10:58 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
>>> My experience with the andouillette in the shadow of the Roman
>>> theatre in Orange was quite pleasant.

>> Really, eating it you mean..? For me, never again.

> Food criticism from a resident of a country where they eat

> butter sandwiches with cupcake sprinkles for breakfast.
> Well, it didn't taste like shit.

> I also got a picture of the frites at the McDonalds at
> Schiphol, to prove to friends that you can indeed get them
> served with mayo.

It is true that if I had run 'andouillette' through
the translator prior to ordering I probably wouldn't
have ordered it.

http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/andouillette-au-vin-blanc.jpg
http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/tarte-a-la-provencale.jpg
http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/romantheatre.jpg
http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/mcfrites.jpg

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

For you heather.

Tom Kunich

Feb 24, 2005, 12:29:55 AM2/24/05
"Bob Schwartz" <cv...@shell.core.com> wrote in message

Of all the food I ate in France about the only unpleasant thing was
andouille. (Not counting the garbage served as "American Food fresh from
America" in the Hard Rock Cafe)

Robert Chung

Feb 24, 2005, 12:50:14 AM2/24/05
Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Robert Chung <m...@address.invalid> wrote:
>> Try the champagne. Avoid the andouillette.
>
> My experience with the andouillette in the shadow of the Roman theatre
> in Orange was quite pleasant.

My experience is not that andouillette cannot be good, it is that it has a
high coefficient of variation. Sort of like privatizing Social Security.

Robert Chung

Feb 24, 2005, 12:52:54 AM2/24/05

In any of those cases, asking rbr for planning advice seems like it would
be a bad thing.

Ewoud Dronkert

Feb 24, 2005, 2:51:29 AM2/24/05
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:52:54 +0100, Robert Chung wrote:
>> And if you only have one shot at [sex] in the month, you might want

>> to make sure that you make it. Planning, in that case, would be a
>> good thing.
>
> In any of those cases, asking rbr for planning advice seems like it
> would be a bad thing.

Worked for Ken.

Robert Chung

Feb 24, 2005, 5:57:00 AM2/24/05
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 06:52:54 +0100, Robert Chung wrote:
>>> And if you only have one shot at [sex] in the month, you might want
>>> to make sure that you make it. Planning, in that case, would be a
>>> good thing.
>>
>> In any of those cases, asking rbr for planning advice seems like it
>> would be a bad thing.
>
> Worked for Ken.

My experience is not that rbr advice cannot be good, it is that it has a

Stewart Fleming

Feb 24, 2005, 1:45:49 PM2/24/05

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Take train from Paris Est leaving 7:55 arriving 9:33. Leave station at
> front and walk straight ahead into the old town. Look for a stage and
> tents on the square, with lots of people and noise and possibly some
> cyclists. If you're too early, buy a l'Equipe and drink a coffee. Now
> how difficult was that?!

Say hello to Robert Millar from me if he is still living there, will you?

Bob Schwartz

Feb 24, 2005, 2:34:23 PM2/24/05
Stewart Fleming <stewart...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

And ask him his opinion of the andouillette.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Ewoud Dronkert

Feb 24, 2005, 2:39:13 PM2/24/05
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:34:23 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
> And ask [Robert Millar] his opinion of the andouillette.

Ooh, open goal...

amit

Feb 24, 2005, 5:45:35 PM2/24/05

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> Ewoud Dronkert <firs...@lastname.net.invalid> wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:10:58 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
> >> My experience with the andouillette in the shadow of the Roman
> >> theatre in Orange was quite pleasant.
>
> > Really, eating it you mean..? For me, never again.
>
> Food criticsm from a resident of a country where they eat
> butter sandwiches with cupcake sprinkles for breakfast.

dumbass,,

ewoud lives in quebec ?

Ewoud Dronkert

Feb 24, 2005, 6:59:29 PM2/24/05
amit wrote:

> Bob Schwartz wrote:
>> butter sandwiches with cupcake sprinkles for breakfast.
>
> ewoud lives in quebec ?

Yeah, cupcake sprinkles? Never heard of. Chocolate sprinkles!

Dan Gregory

Feb 25, 2005, 7:48:13 AM2/25/05
Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:34:23 -0000, Bob Schwartz wrote:
>
>>And ask [Robert Millar] his opinion of the andouillette.
>

> Ooh, open goal...

Is wee Bobby still a vegetarian?

Bon appétit
Dan Gregory

Ewoud Dronkert

Feb 25, 2005, 8:57:44 AM2/25/05
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:48:13 +0000, Dan Gregory wrote:
>>> And ask [Robert Millar] his opinion of the andouillette.
>>
>> Ooh, open goal...
>
> Is wee Bobby still a vegetarian?

Maybe not so open. I was thinking of his reported dislike for weeners,
to the point of cutting his own off.

Howard Kveck

Feb 25, 2005, 9:22:18 AM2/25/05
In article <3hbu115mp2uvjg9no...@4ax.com>,
Ewoud Dronkert <firs...@lastname.net.invalid> wrote:

> >> Ooh, open goal...
> >
> > Is wee Bobby still a vegetarian?
>
> Maybe not so open. I was thinking of his reported dislike for weeners,
> to the point of cutting his own off.

"They took his outie, and made it an in..."

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Bob Schwartz

Feb 25, 2005, 9:56:59 AM2/25/05
Ewoud Dronkert <firs...@lastname.net.invalid> wrote:

>>> Ooh, open goal...
>>
>> Is wee Bobby still a vegetarian?

> Maybe not so open. I was thinking of his reported dislike for weeners,
> to the point of cutting his own off.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/o/ottovonbis161318.html

There are multiple ways the could apply here, with one of them
being with respect to andouillette.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Bob Schwartz

Feb 25, 2005, 9:59:59 AM2/25/05

http://my.execpc.com/~cvcc/food/sprinkles.jpg

The chocolate part, I am in tune with. It is the butter
sandwich part that is dissonant.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Stewart Fleming

Feb 25, 2005, 3:15:37 PM2/25/05

Robert Chung wrote:

> My experience is not that andouillette cannot be good, it is that it has a
> high coefficient of variation. Sort of like privatizing Social Security.

I think you mean "personalizing"

Stewart Fleming

Feb 25, 2005, 3:16:05 PM2/25/05

Robert Chung wrote:

> In any of those cases, asking rbr for planning advice seems like it would
> be a bad thing.

I'm not sure. I'd engage heather as a project consultant on this one.

Stewart Fleming

Feb 25, 2005, 3:36:01 PM2/25/05

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

>>>Ooh, open goal...
>>
>>Is wee Bobby still a vegetarian?
>

> Maybe not so open. I was thinking of his reported dislike for weeners,
> to the point of cutting his own off.

I thought that we had debunked that rumour.
Wee Bobby is still uncut.

Ewoud Dronkert

Feb 25, 2005, 3:37:01 PM2/25/05
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:36:01 +1300, Stewart Fleming wrote:
>> his reported dislike for weeners,
>
> I thought that we had debunked that rumour.

I know, I know.

Robert Chung

Feb 25, 2005, 11:42:04 PM2/25/05

Are you suggesting that the President is feeding us a load of tripe?

Tom Kunich

Feb 26, 2005, 8:07:28 PM2/26/05
"Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote in message

Four more years Robert. And then we'll elect another Republican. In the
meantime we'll get a super majority in the House and Senate. Then we'll be
able to put in Supreme Court Justices who will fulfill their responsibility
to the Constitution and not make laws outside of it.

Oh, yeah, and war WAS the answer.

Robert Chung

Feb 27, 2005, 3:20:24 AM2/27/05
Tom Kunich wrote:

> Oh, yeah, and war WAS the answer.

What was the question? Hmmm. Must have been: "How can we spend $200
billion and 1500 American lives to kill an additional 100,000 Iraqis who
had no WMDs and create a worldwide Al Qaeda recruiting poster while
belittling traditional allies so that Shiites could end up ruling *both*
Iran and Iraq?"

Sandy

Feb 27, 2005, 11:41:50 AM2/27/05
"Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> a écrit dans le message de :

Your "comma" key is busted ?
--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

*******

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.

Tom Kunich

Feb 27, 2005, 1:52:35 PM2/27/05
"Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote in message

What "traditional" allies were those again? Germany, Russia and France? Wow,
all that education of yours seems to have gone completely to waste. Better
you just go read Hunter S. Thompson again. He's more your speed.