Leaving Number on Jersey after Race

Andrew Albright

Mar 14, 2001, 9:59:57 AM3/14/01
So I raced Sunday, washed my jersey, but left my number pinned on the
jersey. This morning I did a training ride with the jersey with the
number still on it. I was training with Ronde Champ, and he said I
looked gay riding around with my number on still. I said that I thought
it was ok to leave it on for a couple of days. Wednesday might be a
little late, but as long as I took it off by the next weekend, I was
ok. What do you guys think is the appropriate amount of time to leave a
number on?

Andrew Vernon Albright

scott patton

Mar 14, 2001, 10:12:54 AM3/14/01
In article <3AAF876B...@mail.med.upenn.edu>,

Us trackies are known for leaving them on. I had my race number on
my skinsuit for 9/10 of the season, but I dont train in a skinsuit.

I think this is up to you and Ronde.

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO

Clovis Lark

Mar 14, 2001, 10:35:22 AM3/14/01

What time is it?

> Andrew Vernon Albright

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 10:52:51 AM3/14/01

"Andrew Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message

I don't recall saying you looked Gay, but I do recall thinking that the
number looked crumpled. But that may be because you washed it. Wearing a
number after a race is definetely FREDLY, despite having washed your jersey.
Please don't do it again, especially with me around. You may also want to
consider riding for a team that provides you with more than one jersey.

Frame numbers, on the other hand, have slightly different rules. It's
acceptable to ride up until the Wednesday after a race with a frame number.

Ronde Champ
Chairman, Rules Committee

Daniel Connelly

Mar 14, 2001, 10:55:23 AM3/14/01
scott patton wrote:

> In article <3AAF876B...@mail.med.upenn.edu>,
> Andrew Albright <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
> >So I raced Sunday, washed my jersey, but left my number pinned on the
> >jersey. This morning I did a training ride with the jersey with the
> >number still on it. I was training with Ronde Champ, and he said I
> >looked gay riding around with my number on still. I said that I thought
> >it was ok to leave it on for a couple of days. Wednesday might be a
> >little late, but as long as I took it off by the next weekend, I was
> >ok. What do you guys think is the appropriate amount of time to leave a
> >number on?
> >
> >Andrew Vernon Albright
> >

> Us trackies are known for leaving them on. I had my race number on
> my skinsuit for 9/10 of the season, but I dont train in a skinsuit.
>
> I think this is up to you and Ronde.

It's like those guys in high school who went around in the heated
building wearing coats from which dangled several kilos worth of
lift tickets from high-priced ski resorts.

I was on a ride this weekend with someone who had not only the
chainring mark, but the dangling bib short straps as well. If
she'd had the pinned number, it would have been the trifecta.

Dan

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 11:02:27 AM3/14/01

"Daniel Connelly" <djco...@ieee.org> wrote in message

Many women I know ride with the bib straps down at the start of the ride, so
that when the inevitable pee stop happens, they can easily pull their shorts
down and go with the boys. They then fix their bib straps to the proper
position.

Ronde Champ
Women Issues Expert

VoiD

Mar 14, 2001, 10:58:50 AM3/14/01

Between wrapping your bars the wrong way and wearing your race number on a
training ride, you're turning into a real Fred. BMX number plates may have
been cool when you were a kid, but wearing your race number on a training
ride now that you're an adult is gay. I'm with RC on this one.

Kyle Legate (leg...@mcmaster.ca)
Tower of Tongues -- 10:30-11:30 Thursday nights on 93.3 CFMU
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Experimental radio touched by the hand of Maldoror
live webcast: http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca

Bill Laudien

Mar 14, 2001, 11:26:41 AM3/14/01

> "Andrew Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> > So I raced Sunday, washed my jersey, but left my number pinned on the
> > jersey. This morning I did a training ride with the jersey with the
> > number still on it. I was training with Ronde Champ, and he said I
> > looked gay riding around with my number on still.

Maybe he wasn't criticizing you, maybe he was hitting on you.

Brad Anders

Mar 14, 2001, 12:10:19 PM3/14/01
Single day race? Get rid of it as soon as you can to avoid officials ID'ing
you for rolling around with your helmet off. Stage race? Well, if you're one
of those guys who never washes your jersey until the race is over (the
"stench" strategy of getting people off of your wheel), leave it on until
after the last stage. If it's a LONG stage race and you do this, consider
simply throwing the jersey away....

Brad Anders

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 11:24:53 AM3/14/01
Has anyone else noticed that Brad gave an answer to a completely different
question?

Ronde Champ

"Brad Anders" <nos...@mycompany.com> wrote in message

Daniel Connelly

Mar 14, 2001, 11:44:55 AM3/14/01
Actually, I want to know what the best countertactic is for dealing
with the aromatic jersey gambit? (besides protest).

ronde champ wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that Brad gave an answer to a completely different
> question?

> if you're one
> > of those guys who never washes your jersey until the race is over ....

Ken Papai

Mar 14, 2001, 11:55:24 AM3/14/01
Daniel Connelly <djco...@ieee.org> writes:

>It's like those guys in high school who went around in the heated
>building wearing coats from which dangled several kilos worth of
>lift tickets from high-priced ski resorts.

Ha! I did that in the late '80s.

>I was on a ride this weekend with someone who had not only the
>chainring mark, but the dangling bib short straps as well. If
>she'd had the pinned number, it would have been the trifecta.

Dangling bib straps? What? That's a new one.
I guess she liked the comfort of the shorts but the
straps were rubbing her the wrong way?

--
Ken Papai Marin County, California
k...@kenpapai.com http://www.kpapai.com

Ken Papai

Mar 14, 2001, 11:52:31 AM3/14/01
SR AVA asked, sort of:

Take it off just before you wash your jersey or right after pulling
it out of the washer. Othjerwise you're a Fred AVA.

Brad Anders

Mar 14, 2001, 1:17:18 PM3/14/01
I don't know of any way, other than total ostracism. Some guys are really
unreal in the stench they can generate. I'm pretty sensitive to smells and
the stinky jersey gambit works really well on me. Maybe filling one of your
bottles with cheap perfume and squirting the guy? Downside is this may be
interpreted as a pass.

Brad Anders

"Daniel Connelly" <djco...@ieee.org> wrote in message

Brad Anders

Mar 14, 2001, 1:13:28 PM3/14/01
Did I? My comprehension must be even lower than normal today. I re-read it -
what did I miss? To paraphrase what I wrote - take your number off right
after the race, zero days.

The comment I made about not washing the jersey during a SR was a joke. I
never liked washing a jersey that was pinned because the pins often rust
easily and can stain the jersey. But for a SR, you forget about that,
because it's nuts to keep re-pinning numbers. You wash and leave them on. If
you can get stainless steel pins, or use some other way fo affixing the
number, you won't have any problem.

Brad Anders

"ronde champ" <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Mark Lancaster

Mar 14, 2001, 12:04:55 PM3/14/01
I find the "snot rocket" approach to work well.

chria hazlitt

Mar 14, 2001, 12:24:41 PM3/14/01
C'mon, am I the only one who sees this as a blatant troll? That's like
asking if it is cool to leave your age Sharpied onto your calf after a MTB
race, or leave your stupid number pasted to your helmet after a triathlon.

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 12:34:45 PM3/14/01

"chria hazlitt" <ch...@socal.rr.com> wrote in message

> C'mon, am I the only one who sees this as a blatant troll?

You're very sharp today, Chria.

Ronde Champ

Brad Anders

Mar 14, 2001, 1:45:08 PM3/14/01
Sure, it's a troll. But it's better than "Ken's a hypocrite"...

"ronde champ" <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 1:08:16 PM3/14/01

> Sure, it's a troll. But it's better than "Ken's a hypocrite"...

C'mon, I thought that was pretty good.

Ronde Champ
Will Try Harder

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 1:15:01 PM3/14/01

"chria hazlitt" <ch...@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> C'mon, am I the only one who sees this as a blatant troll? That's like
> asking if it is cool to leave your age Sharpied onto your calf after a MTB
> race, or leave your stupid number pasted to your helmet after a triathlon.

One thing I forgot to mention - I don't think this is a "troll" although,
like "signal to noise" and "bandwidth", I'm not really sure what a "troll"
means. Seems to be another one of those terms that computer geeks like to
use that really have no use in the real world. Anyway, Andrew really did
wear his race number this morning and he looked like a dork.

Ronde Champ
Trollin'

Chris Fabri

Mar 14, 2001, 2:36:35 PM3/14/01
Brad Anders (nos...@mycompany.com) wrote:
: I don't know of any way, other than total ostracism. Some guys are really

: unreal in the stench they can generate. I'm pretty sensitive to smells and
: the stinky jersey gambit works really well on me. Maybe filling one of your
: bottles with cheap perfume and squirting the guy? Downside is this may be
: interpreted as a pass.
:

I don't want to be around when you cross paths with a skunk. chris
--
_________________________ __________________________________________
| Chris Fabri | Northwestern University |

Tim Roach

Mar 14, 2001, 4:20:12 PM3/14/01
How about the charity ride number stickers on my helmet?? i've been trying to
cover it entirely. I've even got a few hanging down in the back like pull
tabs. They make a cool noise in the breeze. Lets me know when I'm going to
fast.

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 4:29:11 PM3/14/01

"Tim Roach" <croac...@aol.com> wrote in message

Not only is leaving the stcikers on your helmet gay, but doing charity rides
are very gay, especially if you "race" them. One of the biggest days on the
calendar for all the local "racers" (not Freds, but actual licensed racers)
is a charity ride where they attack one another and sprint at the end.
Then, for weeks afterwards, they talk about who was "going good" on the
ride.

Of course, if you take a personal interest in the specific charity and do
the ride to support the charity, thats not gay. That's Noble.

Ronde Champ

John Verheul

Mar 14, 2001, 4:43:58 PM3/14/01

Daniel Connelly wrote in message <3AAF949B...@ieee.org>...

>I was on a ride this weekend with someone who had not only the
>chainring mark, but the dangling bib short straps as well. If
>she'd had the pinned number, it would have been the trifecta.

How did she like her Seven?

Joe Bloggs

Mar 13, 2001, 4:42:35 PM3/13/01
Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a fair
bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a registered
poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their vocabularies a
little bit.

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 4:46:32 PM3/14/01

"Joe Bloggs" <ratarse...@xxx-news.to> wrote in message

> Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a fair
> bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a registered
> poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their vocabularies a
> little bit.

Mr. Bloggs-

I will grant you your wish. From now on, I will use other words. Your
suggestions of "poof" and "arse bandit" are perfect.

Ronde Champ

Steven L. Sheffield

Mar 14, 2001, 4:58:12 PM3/14/01
In article <98op15$96s$1...@sshuraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,
"ronde champ" <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote:

How are you going to use 'poof' or 'arse-bandit' as adjectives? Those
words are quite obviously nouns ... and anyone who attempts to tries to
turn them into adjectives quite obviously has an obsession with his too
small penis.

--

Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 5:04:44 PM3/14/01

"Steven L. Sheffield" <ste...@veloworks.com> wrote in message

> In article <98op15$96s$1...@sshuraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,
> "ronde champ" <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Joe Bloggs" <ratarse...@xxx-news.to> wrote in message
> > > Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a
fair
> > > bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a
registered
> > > poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their
vocabularies a
> > > little bit.
> >

> > Mr. Bloggs-
> >
> > I will grant you your wish. From now on, I will use other words. Your
> > suggestions of "poof" and "arse bandit" are perfect.
> >
> > Ronde Champ
> >

> How are you going to use 'poof' or 'arse-bandit' as adjectives? Those
> words are quite obviously nouns ... and anyone who attempts to tries to
> turn them into adjectives quite obviously has an obsession with his too
> small penis.

It's easier than you think. Here's a sentence that I previously used the
word "gay" in, but i'll now make substitutions:

Not only is leaving the stcikers on your helmet poofy, but doing charity
rides
makes you an arse-bandit, especially if you "race" them.

And I don't have a small penis to be obessed with.

Ronde Champ

Steven L. Sheffield

Mar 14, 2001, 5:16:40 PM3/14/01
In article <98oq38$a57$1...@sshuraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,
"ronde champ" <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Steven L. Sheffield" <ste...@veloworks.com> wrote in message
>

> > How are you going to use 'poof' or 'arse-bandit' as adjectives? Those
> > words are quite obviously nouns ... and anyone who attempts to tries to
> > turn them into adjectives quite obviously has an obsession with his too
> > small penis.
>
> It's easier than you think. Here's a sentence that I previously used the
> word "gay" in, but i'll now make substitutions:
>
> Not only is leaving the stcikers on your helmet poofy, but doing charity
> rides
> makes you an arse-bandit, especially if you "race" them.
>

> And I don't have a small penis to be obese with.

If you're that obese, you probably can't FIND your penis to be obsessed
with it.

ronde champ

Mar 14, 2001, 5:19:16 PM3/14/01

> In article <98oq38$a57$1...@sshuraab-i-1.production.compuserve.com>,
> "ronde champ" <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > "Steven L. Sheffield" <ste...@veloworks.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > How are you going to use 'poof' or 'arse-bandit' as adjectives? Those
> > > words are quite obviously nouns ... and anyone who attempts to tries
> > > turn them into adjectives quite obviously has an obsession with his
too
> > > small penis.
> >
> > It's easier than you think. Here's a sentence that I previously used
the
> > word "gay" in, but i'll now make substitutions:
> >
> > Not only is leaving the stcikers on your helmet poofy, but doing charity
> > rides
> > makes you an arse-bandit, especially if you "race" them.
> >
> > And I don't have a small penis to be obese with.
>

> If you're that obese, you probably can't FIND your penis to be obsessed
> with it.

Did I really type that?

Ronde Champ

Tim Roach

Mar 14, 2001, 5:48:37 PM3/14/01
Hey, those charity rides are races! I even got a medal for doing the century
in six hours. What does it mean when it says metric in front of century?

VoiD

Mar 14, 2001, 5:40:42 PM3/14/01
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Joe Bloggs wrote:

> Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a fair
> bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a registered
> poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their vocabularies a
> little bit.

How's "faggy"? Is that cool with you?

Kyle Legate (leg...@mcmaster.ca)
Tower of Tongues -- 10:30-11:30 Thursday nights on 93.3 CFMU
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Experimental radio touched by the hand of Maldoror
live webcast: http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca

GARTH LIBRE

Mar 14, 2001, 1:45:19 AM3/14/01
One can not look gay. Gay is a sexual preference that can or should be
invisible to the eye, in normal social situations. Gay is no different in
this respect than a straight man that prefers cunnilingus to intercourse
(sp?). Can you tell if a straight man eats it or prefers to penetrate it? I
think not. The same way you can not tell if a man prefers other men or
women. What you are thinking of that is noticeable is an effeminate or
affected manner which is noticeable. Obviously not all gay men have this
affected or effeminate behavior. I think it speaks well of a straight man if
he eliminates these silly gay references in his speech. If you leave your
number on after a race, you might look pretentious or neglectful (especially
if you washed your jersey with the number still on it). Gay is definitely
not the word which I would use to describe wearing a washed out crinkled
number on your back.

Tim Roach <croac...@aol.com> wrote in message

warren

Mar 14, 2001, 7:11:24 PM3/14/01
In article <20010314174837...@ng-cu1.aol.com>, Tim Roach
<croac...@aol.com> wrote:

> Hey, those charity rides are races! I even got a medal for doing the century
> in six hours. What does it mean when it says metric in front of century?

That you need a coach!

warren

Mar 14, 2001, 7:14:56 PM3/14/01
In article
<Pine.SOL.4.21.010314...@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>, VoiD
<leg...@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Joe Bloggs wrote:
>
> > Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a fair
> > bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a registered
> > poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their vocabularies a
> > little bit.
> >
> How's "faggy"? Is that cool with you?

In the UK I think faggy means tired (fagged) or some reference to a
group of sticks (a fag).

Erik Mills

Mar 14, 2001, 8:07:20 PM3/14/01

I can't believe I'm gettin into this discussion but. you cannot deny the
presence of a gay culture. Given the fact that many people take pride in
belonging to this subcultre, many go to great lenghts to differentiate
themselves from the masses, and make an effort to look
"gay". Why? Because they take pride in it.

my .02.

sir huskalot

-Erik Mills
Head of Reserves
Davidson Library
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
(805) 893-4183
"Nature is but a name for an effect, Whose cause is God."
-William Cowper

KevinM23

Mar 14, 2001, 8:59:47 PM3/14/01
Garth Libre wrote:

>One can not look gay. Gay is a sexual preference that can or should be
>invisible to the eye, in normal social situations. Gay is no different in
>this respect than a straight man that prefers cunnilingus to intercourse
>(sp?). Can you tell if a straight man eats it or prefers to penetrate it? I
>think not. The same way you can not tell if a man prefers other men or
>women. What you are thinking of that is noticeable is an effeminate or
>affected manner which is noticeable. Obviously not all gay men have this
>affected or effeminate behavior. I think it speaks well of a straight man if
>he eliminates these silly gay references in his speech. If you leave your
>number on after a race, you might look pretentious or neglectful (especially
>if you washed your jersey with the number still on it). Gay is definitely
>not the word which I would use to describe wearing a washed out crinkled
>number on your back.

Aw crap. I feel a Kunich coming on...

-Kevin Munday

warren

Mar 14, 2001, 9:36:37 PM3/14/01
In article <20010314205947...@ng-ch1.aol.com>, KevinM23
<kevi...@aol.com> wrote:

Aw Kunich. I feel a crap coming on...

scott patton

Mar 14, 2001, 11:05:12 PM3/14/01
In article <3AB03B26...@k-online.com>,
Steve <sds...@k-onlineREMOVE.com> wrote:
>Scott,
>Does that mean you did not wash your skinsuit for 9/10 of the season??

No, I washed it after ever use.

Scott
--
-*- Scott Patton
-*- Colorado Springs, CO
-*- http://www.FixedGearFever.com
-*- Track Racing Web Services

Henry Chang

Mar 14, 2001, 10:20:40 PM3/14/01

I hope he has the courtesy to give you that reach-around that AVA has
been denying him.

Henry

Sahan Amarasekera

Mar 16, 2001, 12:15:35 PM3/16/01
On 16 Mar 2001 04:12:14 GMT, Ken Papai <kpa...@rahul.net> wrote:

>In <98s1b8$et4$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net> "Cathy Boland" <cboland...@mindspring.com> writes:
>

>>"Andrew Vernon Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message

>>> Maybe she doesn't like Chinese people with fake first names?
>
>>Kinda ironic that a person labeled "Vernon" is making fun of someone elses'
>>name...
>
>Rewrite that Bo as "someone else's name"
>Thanks.
>
>I love correcting people and love being corrected.

Ken ...... you *are* loosing it.

----
Sahan Amarasekera

to email me, remove animal in email address:
sahan...@amarasekera.freeserve.co.uk

They've named an aircraft carrier
after Ronald Ray-Gun ... how appropriate ....

Read lyrics at http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1120/1120639.html

NotOutRiding

Mar 15, 2001, 7:59:07 AM3/15/01
>From: warren war...@usvh.com

>> On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Joe Bloggs wrote:
>>
>> > Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a
>fair
>> > bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a registered
>> > poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their vocabularies
>> > little bit.
>> >
>> How's "faggy"? Is that cool with you?
>
>In the UK I think faggy means tired (fagged) or some reference to a
>group of sticks (a fag).

A fag (short for faggot) is term for a gay guy in England.

As far as pieces of wood go the word is faggot, not fag. Being "fagged out"
means being tired. A fag is also a cancer stick.

Confused now?

Max.

Boyd Speerschneider

Mar 15, 2001, 12:08:19 AM3/15/01
ronde champ wrote:
<snip>

> One thing I forgot to mention - I don't think this is a "troll" although,
> like "signal to noise" and "bandwidth", I'm not really sure what a "troll"
> means. Seems to be another one of those terms that computer geeks like to
> use that really have no use in the real world. Anyway, Andrew really did
> wear his race number this morning and he looked like a dork.
>
> Ronde Champ
> Trollin'

Bandwidth = a measurement of the amount of data one can up/dowload over a set
period of time... think of bandwidth as the surface area of the cross-section of
the data "pipe" from one network node to another. BTW, making fun of "computer
geeks" on the usenet is the virtual equivalent of walking through Harlem with
"White Power" tatooed on your forehead. I just wouldn't recommend it.

--
Boyd Speerschneider
Consultant - Tampa

Boyd.Speerschneider.vcf

Roeland Reenaers

Mar 15, 2001, 12:35:01 AM3/15/01
"Next stop, Dyslexico," the loudspeaker announced suddenly -- but the train
still wasn't moving.

The waiter came with the check, but since I was broke and near the end, I
set up a schedule of payments for my next lifetime.

Off in the corner, Andrew Albright couldn't take it anymore.

"I'm not a celebrity!" he screamed. "I'm not a celebrity! -- I'm just
someone who's most blatantly and obnoxiously risen a bit out of the shit.

"That's all!"

"Andrew Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> So I raced Sunday, washed my jersey, but left my number pinned on the
> jersey. This morning I did a training ride with the jersey with the
> number still on it. I was training with Ronde Champ, and he said I
> looked gay riding around with my number on still. I said that I thought
> it was ok to leave it on for a couple of days. Wednesday might be a
> little late, but as long as I took it off by the next weekend, I was
> ok. What do you guys think is the appropriate amount of time to leave a
> number on?
>
> Andrew Vernon Albright

Kevin T Lacour

Mar 15, 2001, 9:44:27 AM3/15/01
This, from the man that warned me not to cool down after the race on a
trainer?

And I thought you had the post-race procedures down cold. I am disappointed.

Me - I would take my number off before I leave the course. I don't want
anyone to be able to identify me as the fatass they passed at least once.

Regards -
ktl

ronde champ

Mar 15, 2001, 9:12:49 AM3/15/01

"Boyd Speerschneider" <Boyd.Spee...@sbti.com> wrote in message

> ronde champ wrote:
> <snip>
>

> > One thing I forgot to mention - I don't think this is a "troll"
although,
> > like "signal to noise" and "bandwidth", I'm not really sure what a
"troll"
> > means. Seems to be another one of those terms that computer geeks like
> > use that really have no use in the real world. Anyway, Andrew really
did
> > wear his race number this morning and he looked like a dork.
> >
> > Ronde Champ
> > Trollin'
>
> Bandwidth = a measurement of the amount of data one can up/dowload over a
set
> period of time... think of bandwidth as the surface area of the
cross-section of
> the data "pipe" from one network node to another. BTW, making fun of
"computer
> geeks" on the usenet is the virtual equivalent of walking through Harlem
with
> "White Power" tatooed on your forehead. I just wouldn't recommend it.

Yea, 'cause I guess you'll come over here and beat up my computer.

Ronde Champ
Fearless

Clovis Lark

Mar 15, 2001, 10:58:34 AM3/15/01
ronde champ <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Clovis Lark" <cl...@steel.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote in message

>> Sorry, I didn't see the news item relating your loss. Is there anything
>> we can do to help? Modify the toilets? Anything?

> I'd respond to this if I knew what it meant.

Game, set, match...

> Ronde Champ

Clovis Lark

Mar 15, 2001, 10:20:17 AM3/15/01
ronde champ <ronde...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Sorry, I didn't see the news item relating your loss. Is there anything

we can do to help? Modify the toilets? Anything?

> Ronde Champ

ronde champ

Kevin T Lacour

Mar 15, 2001, 9:57:00 AM3/15/01
So, in the UK, is it gay to suck on a fag after the race with your number still
pinned on?

Just wondering ...

Regards -
ktl

Stella Hackell

Mar 15, 2001, 5:00:05 PM3/15/01
In article <3aafe...@goliath2.newsfeeds.com>, "Joe Bloggs"
<ratarse...@xxx-news.to> wrote:

> Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a fair
> bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a registered
> poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their vocabularies a
> little bit.

What, no "turd-burglar"?

--
Stella Hackell ste...@ncal.verio.com

She who succeeds in gaining the mastery of the bicycle will gain the
mastery of life.
--Frances E. Willard, _How I Learned to Ride the Bicycle_

Chris Fabri

Mar 15, 2001, 2:49:08 PM3/15/01
Joe Bloggs (ratarse...@xxx-news.to) wrote:
: So, in the UK, is it gay to suck on a fag after the race with your number

: still
: pinned on?
:
: Just wondering ...
:
: Regards -
: ktl
:
:
: I wouldn't know - can't stand people who smoke, old chap, don't you know ...
:

What about guys who smoke poles? chris

--
_________________________ __________________________________________
| Chris Fabri | Northwestern University |
| fab...@northwestern.edu | Telecommunications and Network Services |
| 847-467-2539 | http://www.nsg.northwestern.edu |
|_________________________|__________________________________________|

Mark Holland

Mar 15, 2001, 2:57:35 PM3/15/01

>A fag (short for faggot) is term for a gay guy in England.

Not generally, it's an Americanisation but it's understood when used
in that context.

>As far as pieces of wood go the word is faggot, not fag.

That's a new one on me. I thought a faggot was a lambs meat ball in a
sauce.

>Being "fagged out" means being tired.

Thats a new one too. Perhaps it comes from fatigued but I've never
heard of it. Shagged out is common and it means the same as knackered.

> A fag is also a cancer stick.

You've got that right.

Mark

>Confused now?
>
>Max.

Joe Chip

Mar 15, 2001, 3:28:35 PM3/15/01
On 15 Mar 2001 19:49:08 GMT, fab...@nwu.edu (Chris Fabri) wrote:

>What about guys who smoke poles? chris

So, how did these eastern European guys creep into this?

--

Uncle Joe

Henry Chang

Mar 15, 2001, 7:44:06 PM3/15/01
On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:00:05 -0800, ste...@ncal.verio.com (Stella
Hackell) wrote:

>In article <3aafe...@goliath2.newsfeeds.com>, "Joe Bloggs"
><ratarse...@xxx-news.to> wrote:
>
>> Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a fair
>> bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a registered
>> poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their vocabularies a
>> little bit.
>
>What, no "turd-burglar"?
>
>--
>Stella Hackell ste...@ncal.verio.com

This is the woman who kill-filed me for being vulgar and calling
people "dumbasses".

I like "turd-burglar" though, it's very descriptive.

Henry

ronde champ

Mar 15, 2001, 5:23:36 PM3/15/01

"Theodore Heise" <the...@netins.net> wrote in message
> ronde champ writes:
> >
> > Not only is leaving the stcikers on your helmet gay, but doing charity
rides
> > are very gay, especially if you "race" them. One of the biggest days on
the
> > calendar for all the local "racers" (not Freds, but actual licensed
racers)
> > is a charity ride where they attack one another and sprint at the end.
>
> And this is different from winning a training ride in what way?

It's no different. The thing is, like I pointed out in the "Why is STEVE
TAYLOR bothering me" thread, all you numbnuts get all hot and bothered about
that comment and couldn't see the forest through the trees. It was a joke
and it exploded into one of the longest threads on RBR in recent months.
'Cause you all have your heads up your collective asses.

Ronde Champ

Andrew Vernon Albright

Mar 15, 2001, 8:20:30 PM3/15/01
On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:44:06 GMT, Henry Chang <fre...@connectnet.com> wrote:
>This is the woman who kill-filed me for being vulgar and calling
>people "dumbasses".
>
>I like "turd-burglar" though, it's very descriptive.

Maybe she doesn't like Chinese people with fake first names? There's a lot
of racist and biggotted people around these days!

Theodore Heise

Mar 15, 2001, 1:52:54 PM3/15/01
ronde champ writes:

> Not only is leaving the stcikers on your helmet gay, but doing charity rides
> are very gay, especially if you "race" them. One of the biggest days on the
> calendar for all the local "racers" (not Freds, but actual licensed racers)
> is a charity ride where they attack one another and sprint at the end.

And this is different from winning a training ride in what way?

Ted

--
Theodore W. Heise <the...@netins.net> West Lafayette, IN, USA
PGP public key: http://showcase.netins.net/web/twheise/theise.txt

NotOutRiding

Mar 15, 2001, 6:25:25 PM3/15/01
>From: ste...@ncal.verio.com (Stella Hackell)

>In article <3aafe...@goliath2.newsfeeds.com>, "Joe Bloggs"
><ratarse...@xxx-news.to> wrote:
>
>> Less use of the word 'gay' in a derogatory sense please - I've done a fair
>> bit of racing - in the UK - and have won the odd race but as a registered
>> poof / arse-bandit would like to see people extending their vocabularies a
>> little bit.
>
>What, no "turd-burglar"?
>
>--

Yikes Stella, go wash your hands after typing that.

Max.

Ken Papai

Mar 15, 2001, 11:12:14 PM3/15/01
In <98s1b8$et4$1...@slb6.atl.mindspring.net> "Cathy Boland" <cboland...@mindspring.com> writes:

>"Andrew Vernon Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message

>> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:44:06 GMT, Henry Chang <fre...@connectnet.com>
>wrote:
>> >

>> >I like "turd-burglar" though, it's very descriptive.
>>
>> Maybe she doesn't like Chinese people with fake first names?

>Kinda ironic that a person labeled "Vernon" is making fun of someone elses'
>name...

Rewrite that Bo as "someone else's name"
Thanks.

I love correcting people and love being corrected.

--
Ken Papai Marin County, California
k...@kenpapai.com http://www.kpapai.com
"A photographic memory but with the lens cover glued on."

Cathy Boland

Mar 15, 2001, 10:52:22 PM3/15/01

"Andrew Vernon Albright" <alb...@mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:44:06 GMT, Henry Chang <fre...@connectnet.com>
wrote:

> >I like "turd-burglar" though, it's very descriptive.
>
> Maybe she doesn't like Chinese people with fake first names?

Kinda ironic that a person labeled "Vernon" is making fun of someone elses'
name...

Ryan M. Crissey

Mar 15, 2001, 11:28:32 PM3/15/01
AVA wrote:

>This morning I did a training ride with the jersey with the
>number still on it. I was training with Ronde Champ, and he said I
>looked gay riding around with my number on still. I said that I thought
>it was ok to leave it on for a couple of days.

Do you talk to yourself often?

Ryan Crissey

NotOutRiding

Mar 16, 2001, 6:22:17 AM3/16/01
>From: "Cathy Boland" cboland...@mindspring.com

>Kinda ironic that a person labeled "Vernon" is making fun of someone elses'
>name...

Go slap him silly Cathy!

Max.

Dave Hansen

Mar 16, 2001, 1:51:05 AM3/16/01

www.cyclinggoods.com
"Ryan M. Crissey" <rmcr...@aol.comnojunk> wrote in message

> >In the UK I think faggy means tired (fagged) or some reference to a
> >group of sticks (a fag).
>

> And in Ireland, don't they refer to cigarrettes?
>
> Ryan Crissey

and in L.A. "fag" would refer to "butt darts"
Dave

Ryan M. Crissey

Mar 15, 2001, 11:22:36 PM3/15/01
Garth Libre wrote:

>One can not look gay.

<Snip>

Dude, Get over it. He didn't mean Gay as in sexuality. Just as it hasn't
always meant homosexual, it doesn't always mean that now. In this sense, AVA
was having a conversation with himself on how stupid he looked. Again, nothing
to do with sexuality. Just like when 2nd graders use the term "Gay".

> If you leave your
>number on after a race, you might look pretentious or neglectful (especially

>if you washed your jersey with the number still on it).

This is what he actually meant. But, instead of using a long sentence with
parenthasis in it, he used the word "Gay". Much more efficient, don't you
think.

>Gay is definitely
>not the word which I would use to describe wearing a washed out crinkled
>number on your back.

That is because the word obviously has too much meaning to you.

Ryan Crissey

Mike Severa

Mar 16, 2001, 1:35:53 AM3/16/01
i would say, if you go out on wed night and you forget, you have an excuse
to ride thurs morning with it still on, but thurs nights a no-no...

> Frame numbers, on the other hand, have slightly different rules. It's
> acceptable to ride up until the Wednesday after a race with a frame
number.

> Ronde Champ
> Chairman, Rules Committee

Ryan M. Crissey

Mar 15, 2001, 11:24:02 PM3/15/01

Cathy Boland

Mar 16, 2001, 9:25:46 AM3/16/01

"Ken Papai" <kpa...@rahul.net> wrote in message

> Rewrite that Bo as "someone else's name"
> Thanks.
>
> I love correcting people and love being corrected.

The punctuation Nazi rears his ugly head again. Out of work again, Ken?

Boyd Speerschneider

Mar 18, 2001, 4:38:57 PM3/18/01
Dear clown,
This wasn't meant to be taken literally.
Its called an anology ... look into it.
Maybe I should start using those stupid side-ways smiley faces again so usenet
newbies like Ronde Champ know when I'm joking. So, Ronde ... go ahead and
make fun of those of us who know a few things about computers...
We won't come over and beat up your computer (after all, you're doing a fine
job beating up your own credibility on this newsgroup).
We're laughing at your ass all the way to the bank.
Sincerely,