We should have seen this coming...

brian_...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2005, 9:15:58 AM10/14/05

Fred Marx

Oct 14, 2005, 10:04:03 AM10/14/05
was this to be Ferettti's new outfit?

brian_...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2005, 10:12:02 AM10/14/05

Yes. Some promenent riders had cast their lot with him, such as
Simoni, O'Grady, Commesso, etc.

B. Lafferty

Oct 14, 2005, 10:53:25 AM10/14/05

"Fred Marx" <catd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Anyone know who the middle-man is? Shades of Team on the Run.

MagillaGorilla

Oct 14, 2005, 11:35:39 AM10/14/05
B. Lafferty wrote:

Europe's Team Noble House.

Thanks,

Magilla

wsc...@udel.edu

Oct 14, 2005, 11:38:38 AM10/14/05
Why should we have seen this coming? Sounds like Ferretti was screwed
by some middle-man scam artist. If he didn't see it coming, how the
hell was everyone else?

Tom Kunich

Oct 14, 2005, 11:47:13 AM10/14/05
Ferretti should have known who he was dealing with. When you're
discussing 10-12 million Euros you should be bright enough to detect
that some guy showing up in a Peugeot 206 isn't likely to have the ear
of the financial officers.

MagillaGorilla

Oct 14, 2005, 11:49:45 AM10/14/05
wsc...@udel.edu wrote:

The cell phone business is a high volume/low margin market. Right now,
the thing is getting cell phones to download and play music like iPODS.
That's their sole focus.

No cell phone manufacturer (cell phone hardware that is, not cell
network like T-Mobile) would invest in a cycling team. Their marketing
dollars will go towards pushing the music angle.

How would dumping millions into a bunch of anorexic-looking freaks who
can't even win the Tour de France help them sell more music boxes?

Try keeping abreast of business trends before you post. The writing was
on the wall.

Magilla

wsc...@udel.edu

Oct 14, 2005, 12:03:01 PM10/14/05
I agree he should have known who he was dealing with, my point was how
were we to know the guy was shady and that a collapse was coming?

wsc...@udel.edu

Oct 14, 2005, 12:03:58 PM10/14/05
Not going to happen, I'll just rely on your expertise.

gym.gravity

Oct 14, 2005, 12:38:22 PM10/14/05

MagillaGorilla wrote:

> The cell phone business is a high volume/low margin market. Right now,
> the thing is getting cell phones to download and play music like iPODS.
> That's their sole focus.
>
> No cell phone manufacturer (cell phone hardware that is, not cell
> network like T-Mobile) would invest in a cycling team. Their marketing
> dollars will go towards pushing the music angle.
>
> How would dumping millions into a bunch of anorexic-looking freaks who
> can't even win the Tour de France help them sell more music boxes?
>
> Try keeping abreast of business trends before you post. The writing was
> on the wall.

Do you have any stock tips?

amit

Oct 14, 2005, 1:16:47 PM10/14/05

> > was this to be Ferettti's new outfit?
>
> Yes. Some promenent riders had cast their lot with him, such as
> Simoni, O'Grady, Commesso, etc.

ferretti owns a protour franchise, so if some sponsor wants to get on
the protour they need someone like him. if he already has riders signed
it's possible he'll have some sponsor come on board.

it's ferretti, he must have some connections.

brian_...@yahoo.com

Oct 14, 2005, 1:31:40 PM10/14/05

Fassa only had a 1 year ProTour license, due to the sponsors intention
to exit at the end of 2005. Now Ferretti has to worry about AG2R,
Naturino, CV (ex Kelme) and others going for that last ProTour spot.
He might be left out in the cold...

MagillaGorilla

Oct 14, 2005, 11:05:34 PM10/14/05
amit wrote:

Amit,

I hate to tell you, but when your title sponsor leaves, you own nothing.
No Pro Tour team, no nothing. The sponsor constitutes the entire
value of the team, not the management, or some beat-up carbon
fiber/titanium bikes.

Without a title sponsor, Ferretti cannot pay the riders anything. On
what basis do you say Ferretti "owns" any rider or a "Pro Tour franchise?"

Without a title sponsor, Ferretti is no different than Roy Knickman.

Thanks,

Magilla

amit

Oct 15, 2005, 12:08:46 AM10/15/05

wsc...@udel.edu wrote:
> I agree he should have known who he was dealing with, my point was how
> were we to know the guy was shady and that a collapse was coming?

dumbass,

kunich and magilla and half of rbr claim they saw it coming. but
apparently ferretti isn't that smart.

amit

Oct 15, 2005, 12:16:15 AM10/15/05

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> amit wrote:

> I hate to tell you, but when your title sponsor leaves, you own nothing.
> No Pro Tour team, no nothing. The sponsor constitutes the entire
> value of the team, not the management, or some beat-up carbon
> fiber/titanium bikes.

dumbass,

i thought he owned a protour spot for 2006, but apparently not. so
unless he can work some serious magic in a few weeks he's fucked.

MagillaGorilla

Oct 15, 2005, 10:33:45 AM10/15/05
amit wrote:

Anybody with $5 million can own a Pro Tour spot. Even porno queen/hotel
heiress Paris Hilton. There's nothing more to it than that.

Bill Gates could walk in the day before the Giro and have a team start
the race if he wanted.

The UCI and the Pro Tour is about corrupt politicos lining their pockets
with cash. The Grand Tour organizers know this, and that's why they
don't want any part of it (I applaud them).

Without a title sponsor, team management owns nothing but a bunch of
beat-up 15 pound bikes with stress fractures throughout the frame, lugs,
bolts, and apparently steerer tubes.

Sylvia Schenk is Serpico.

Thanks,

Magilla

Carl Sundquist

Oct 15, 2005, 3:02:10 PM10/15/05

MagillaGorilla wrote:

> Sylvia Schenk is Serpico.

Those Euro women really ought to shave more.