Philly sucks

Bob Schwartz

Jun 6, 2005, 3:40:36 PM6/6/05
Philly is never going to be taken seriously as a top
bike race until Threshold hires some eye candy to
hand stuff out on the podium. I don't know what
these people are thinking.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Dope Strong

Jun 6, 2005, 5:01:36 PM6/6/05
POTM

Sierraman

Jun 6, 2005, 7:15:14 PM6/6/05

"Bob Schwartz" <cv...@shell.core.com> wrote in message

Eye Candy is over in womens race, Queen Tut.

B-

William Harley

Jun 6, 2005, 9:05:07 PM6/6/05
The locals all eat too many Philly Cheese Steaks to be real eye candy.

Jim Flom

Jun 6, 2005, 9:38:33 PM6/6/05
"William Harley" <h90...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> The locals all eat too many Philly Cheese Steaks to be real eye candy.

You are so sad...

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/cheerleaders/default.jsp

Rik Van Diesel

Jun 6, 2005, 9:41:33 PM6/6/05
she would appreciate some eye candy.
RVD

psycholist

Jun 6, 2005, 11:39:48 PM6/6/05
"Jim Flom " <jim...@telus.net> wrote in message

Imports! Probably from Dallas.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

Jim Flom

Jun 7, 2005, 1:26:12 AM6/7/05
"psycholist" <tech...@wctel.net> wrote in message

> "Jim Flom " <jim...@telus.net> wrote in message
>> "William Harley" <h90...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The locals all eat too many Philly Cheese Steaks to be real eye candy.
>>
>> You are so sad...
>>
>> http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/cheerleaders/default.jsp
>>

> Imports! Probably from Dallas.

Read their profs -- they're homegrown. And the rest of the women in Philly
look just like they do, IIRC (with thanks to Brian for the IIRC).

Robert Chung

Jun 7, 2005, 10:52:28 AM6/7/05
Sierraman wrote:

> Eye Candy is over in womens race, Queen Tut.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/may05/wachovia05/?id=liberty/3236-Ina-talks-to-TV

Bob Schwartz

Jun 7, 2005, 10:46:11 AM6/7/05
Jim Flom <jim...@telus.net> wrote:
> Read their profs -- they're homegrown. And the rest of the women in Philly
> look just like they do, IIRC (with thanks to Brian for the IIRC).

For the benefit of the folks at Threshold, what's the hourly
rental charge for chicks in Philly that look like that?

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

mort

Jun 7, 2005, 10:36:53 AM6/7/05

<they're homegrown. >

Some are, some have good surgeons

<And the rest of the women in Philly
look just like they do>

If only it were true. Next year check out the so-called females in
Manayunk. If they look good, they came from somewhere else.

Mort

Bob Schwartz

Jun 7, 2005, 10:31:08 AM6/7/05
Sierraman <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:
> Eye Candy is over in womens race, Queen Tut.

Bruce, your call for help has been received and understood.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Donald Munro

Jun 7, 2005, 11:33:03 AM6/7/05

Bob Schwartz wrote:
> For the benefit of the folks at Threshold, what's the hourly
> rental charge for chicks in Philly that look like that?

Ask Palachik.

ronaldo_jeremiah

Jun 7, 2005, 12:47:28 PM6/7/05

RC beat me to posting this pic.

I'm speechless.

-RJ

Mark VandenBerghe

Jun 7, 2005, 1:58:21 PM6/7/05
I think that's my brother.

Mark VandenBerghe

"Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote in message

psycholist

Jun 7, 2005, 3:39:02 PM6/7/05
"Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote in message
> Sierraman wrote:
>
>> Eye Candy is over in womens race, Queen Tut.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/may05/wachovia05/?id=liberty/3236-Ina-talks-to-TV

Ugh. That wasn't nice. I was eating when I clicked on that link.

dtamas...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2005, 4:26:37 PM6/7/05

Tom Kunich

Jun 7, 2005, 5:47:35 PM6/7/05
I see that Jim has a good eye.

b...@mambo.ucolick.org

Jun 7, 2005, 7:27:24 PM6/7/05
psycholist wrote:
> "Jim Flom " <jim...@telus.net> wrote:
> > "William Harley" <h90...@hotmail.com> wrote :

> >> The locals all eat too many Philly Cheese Steaks to be real eye candy.

> Imports! Probably from Dallas.

Dumbasses:

http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/misc/obesity_vote2004.gif

PA: Chunky, but not quite as fat as TX. In fact, TX was 5th
fattest in 2000. Maybe it's the Dallas cheerleaders who are imports.

Meanwhile, apparently you guys really have to go to T-town
for what you seek:

http://eriksaunders.com/2005/06/at-applebees-in-t-town.html

-Ben
thinks they could have podium girls at Philly
and podium guys at SFGP, to keep everyone happy

John Flaherty

Jun 7, 2005, 10:54:45 PM6/7/05
Bob you were right on - I have been going to Phila for 10 years and
this is the first year I can remember that they even had girls on the
podium - I have some pix i will put up in a day - but they weren't much
to look at.....The problem is that no one in American has any
experience in how the Post bike race podium presentation works. If the
marketing dept of threshhold knew anything about making money and
running a race, they would have podium girls (Girls in Sponsor
colors/outfits) at every race. Maybe they are making so much cash that
they don;t need it..............

amit

Jun 8, 2005, 12:13:53 AM6/8/05

b...@mambo.ucolick.org wrote:
> psycholist wrote:

> > > You are so sad...
> > > http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/cheerleaders/default.jsp
>
> > Imports! Probably from Dallas.
>
> Dumbasses:
>
> http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/misc/obesity_vote2004.gif
>
> PA: Chunky, but not quite as fat as TX. In fact, TX was 5th
> fattest in 2000. Maybe it's the Dallas cheerleaders who are imports.

dumbass,

http://www.mensfitness.com/rankings/200

americas fattest ciies 2004
1. Detroit
2. Houston
3. Dallas
4. San Antonio
5. Chicago
6. Fort Worth
7. Philadelphia

Howard Kveck

Jun 8, 2005, 12:46:17 AM6/8/05
In article <3glqlkF...@individual.net>,
"Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote:

"There's no acounting for taste."

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Sierraman

Jun 8, 2005, 1:24:15 AM6/8/05

"Howard Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message

> In article <3glqlkF...@individual.net>,
> "Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Sierraman wrote:
> >
> > > Eye Candy is over in womens race, Queen Tut.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/may05/wachovia05/?id=liberty/3236-Ina-t
> > alks-to-TV
>
> "There's no acounting for taste."

How about this chick here?

http://www.antonellabellutti.it

B-

Robert Chung

Jun 8, 2005, 1:43:30 AM6/8/05
Sierraman wrote:

> http://www.antonellabellutti.it

Dude, I think I'll wait to click on that link until someone else has
checked it out first. Just sayin', is all.

b...@mambo.ucolick.org

Jun 8, 2005, 2:30:57 AM6/8/05
amit wrote:
> b...@mambo.ucolick.org wrote:

> > PA: Chunky, but not quite as fat as TX. In fact, TX was 5th
> > fattest in 2000. Maybe it's the Dallas cheerleaders who are imports.
>
> dumbass,
>
> http://www.mensfitness.com/rankings/200
>
> americas fattest ciies 2004
> 1. Detroit
> 2. Houston
> 3. Dallas
> 4. San Antonio
> 5. Chicago
> 6. Fort Worth
> 7. Philadelphia

8. Arlington, TX
9. Cleveland
10. Columbus

Kaaskop,

Holy donuts, Batman! 5 of the top 10 are in Texas!
What the hell is going on down there?

You all should just thank your deity of choice it isn't
the 80s anymore. There was some wicked horrible big hair
in Philadelphia back then.

Howard Kveck

Jun 8, 2005, 3:38:43 AM6/8/05
In article <wtidnX3XmOa...@sti.net>,
"Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:

Now that's a whole different story, Bruce. Yes, indeed.

Sierraman

Jun 8, 2005, 12:19:51 PM6/8/05

"Howard Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message

I'm sure you're are aware that Queen Tut started out as a joke, which others
filled in the pieces.

amit

Jun 8, 2005, 12:21:04 PM6/8/05

Sierraman wrote:

> I'm sure you're are aware that Queen Tut started out as a joke, which others
> filled in the pieces.

dude,

with you i'm never sure.

she is pretty fast for a chubby lookin' chick though.

Howard Kveck

Jun 8, 2005, 10:10:54 PM6/8/05
In article <5uSdnWQ_Wqt...@sti.net>,
"Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message
> > In article <wtidnX3XmOa...@sti.net>,
> > "Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:
> >
> > > "Howard Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/may05/wachovia05/?id=liberty/3236-Ina-t

> > > How about this chick here?
> > >
> > > http://www.antonellabellutti.it
> > >
> > > B-
> >
> > Now that's a whole different story, Bruce. Yes, indeed.
> >
> > --
> > tanx,
> > Howard
>
> I'm sure you're are aware that Queen Tut started out as a joke, which others
> filled in the pieces.

I suspected as much, since she doesn't really fit into your regular (I
hesitate to use the word "normal" (heh) here) m.o., but ya never know.
Antonella is quite alright, though.

Michael Press

Jun 8, 2005, 11:04:25 PM6/8/05
In article
<YOURhoward-9D17F...@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Howard Kveck <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote:

> In article <3glqlkF...@individual.net>,
> "Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Sierraman wrote:
> >
> > > Eye Candy is over in womens race, Queen Tut.
> >
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/may05/wachovia05/?id=liberty/3236-Ina-t
> > alks-to-TV
>
> "There's no acounting for taste."

I admire a cyclist that takes the time to shave before the post-race interview.

--
Michael Press

Sierraman

Jun 8, 2005, 11:48:04 PM6/8/05

> I suspected as much, since she doesn't really fit into your regular (I
> hesitate to use the word "normal" (heh) here) m.o., but ya never know.
> Antonella is quite alright, though.

Howard

Most girls go through Metamorphosis when racing. During and after an event
at least for a time the juices are really flowing, so you get the masculine
effect. But after a shower, some makeup, nice clothes and a Pina Colada, you
wouldn't be able to even tell that was the same girl you saw previously
racing. Sort of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde syndrome I suppose to a point, but
not nearly as creepy. Of course some girls, hold their beauty quite well,
even when racing, say like Nicole Brandi for one.

B-

Me

Jun 9, 2005, 12:24:32 AM6/9/05
On 6/8/05 8:48 PM, in article 2LmdnWsz9dC...@sti.net, "Sierraman"
<rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:

>> I suspected as much, since she doesn't really fit into your regular (I
>> hesitate to use the word "normal" (heh) here) m.o., but ya never know.
>> Antonella is quite alright, though.
>
> Howard
>
> Most girls go through Metamorphosis when racing. During and after an event
> at least for a time the juices are really flowing, so you get the masculine
> effect. But after a shower, some makeup, nice clothes and a Pina Colada, you
> wouldn't be able to even tell that was the same girl you saw previously
> racing. Sort of a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde syndrome I suppose to a point, but
> not nearly as creepy.

http://www.dreams2.com/seinfeld/Jerry%20-%20Ahh!.mp3

Howard Kveck

Jun 9, 2005, 2:31:32 AM6/9/05

> > I suspected as much, since she doesn't really fit into your regular (I
> > hesitate to use the word "normal" (heh) here) m.o., but ya never know.
> > Antonella is quite alright, though.
>
> Howard
>
> Most girls go through Metamorphosis when racing. During and after an event
> at least for a time the juices are really flowing, so you get the masculine
> effect. But after a shower, some makeup, nice clothes and a Pina Colada,
> you wouldn't be able to even tell that was the same girl you saw previously
> racing.

And after all that and a shave, they wouldn't be able to tell it was
you. (Drum roll/cymbal smash) Heh heh, sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Sierraman

Jun 9, 2005, 3:34:21 AM6/9/05

"Howard Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message
Howard

I'm not going to ask you to explain that one. It's seems like typical rbr
sexist slant joke. I know there are a record number of sexist types in here
that can't just enjoy both sides of men's and women's racing, but they have
make personal attacks if you don't worship the men, like Lance and crew. I
guess it's quite ok to be so fanatical about following the Top Pro men
racing careers in detail all the way down to what kind of underwear they are
wearing, but if you like to enjoy the women's side of the sport, there must
be something wrong with you, like you are gay or something. No, no, no, you
see being from the older generation, a bit old fashion, I still like women,
and there are still quite a few of us who do. Most of you guys have it
backwards see, you just need a little counseling. You need to be re-trained
to be interested in women, not the men. It's takes time but you can get your
priorities in order in due course. Walter, William and Phil and a few others
who have a keen interest in women's cycling and takes some really hot photos
have their priorities in order, as they have little interest watching a pack
of men go through the motions. OK, fine men are faster, stronger, but I
think a lot of you guys need to stop worshipping Lance and take a look at
some of the (finer) aspects of the sport. Truth is, none of you guys would
last more then a few stages with Somaribba, Brandli, or Luperini. Quite a
humbling experience, but the good news is, the best view is from the back of
the pack. :-)

B-

Sierraman

Jun 9, 2005, 4:46:03 AM6/9/05

"Howard Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message

You might be interested to know that the Italian and French cycling racing
newsgroups are incredibly mature and robust compared to it's American
counterpart. They almost never go off topic, they don't make personal
attacks, never, they don't get into tit for tat, or try to get into cunning
and deceitful conversations with tricks and traps, baiting individuals to
apply their devices. They are pretty much no nonsense, straight forward
talking about racing with a very sober degree of posting and replying. It's
goes very smooth, and when they do have a beef it's amazing how much
restraint and respect they show for each other. I know just a tat enough
with the help of translators to follow several of their groups for a number
of months now, and I was surprised just how poisoned and pathetic our
cycling newsgroups were to their, and they certainly don't engage in the
antics between the men and women's side of the sport. They just follow
accordingly for those that are interested. It surprises me just how many
people in rbr like to engage in personal attacks on each other with very
little knowledge of who a person really is or like, not that it matters at
(all) since they should be focused on the sport and not on posters who are
basically total strangers.

B-

JP

Jun 9, 2005, 3:16:24 PM6/9/05

Only according to the unscientific Men's Fitness Magazine. The list
from the CDC is different.

Bob Schwartz

Jun 10, 2005, 1:34:59 PM6/10/05
Sierraman <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:
> I'm not going to ask you to explain that one. It's seems like typical rbr
> sexist slant joke. I know there are a record number of sexist types in here
> that can't just enjoy both sides of men's and women's racing, but they have
> make personal attacks if you don't worship the men, like Lance and crew. I
> guess it's quite ok to be so fanatical about following the Top Pro men
> racing careers in detail all the way down to what kind of underwear they are
> wearing, but if you like to enjoy the women's side of the sport, there must
> be something wrong with you, like you are gay or something. No, no, no, you
> see being from the older generation, a bit old fashion, I still like women,
> and there are still quite a few of us who do. Most of you guys have it
> backwards see, you just need a little counseling. You need to be re-trained
> to be interested in women, not the men. It's takes time but you can get your
> priorities in order in due course. Walter, William and Phil and a few others
> who have a keen interest in women's cycling and takes some really hot photos
> have their priorities in order, as they have little interest watching a pack
> of men go through the motions. OK, fine men are faster, stronger, but I
> think a lot of you guys need to stop worshipping Lance and take a look at
> some of the (finer) aspects of the sport. Truth is, none of you guys would
> last more then a few stages with Somaribba, Brandli, or Luperini. Quite a
> humbling experience, but the good news is, the best view is from the back of
> the pack. :-)

When you said 'gay', did you really mean 'creepy'?

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

amit

Jun 10, 2005, 2:40:33 PM6/10/05

Sierraman wrote:

> I'm not going to ask you to explain that one. It's seems like typical rbr
> sexist slant joke. I know there are a record number of sexist types in here
> that can't just enjoy both sides of men's and women's racing, but they have
> make personal attacks if you don't worship the men, like Lance and crew. I
> guess it's quite ok to be so fanatical about following the Top Pro men
> racing careers in detail all the way down to what kind of underwear they are
> wearing, but if you like to enjoy the women's side of the sport, there must
> be something wrong with you, like you are gay or something. No, no, no, you
> see being from the older generation, a bit old fashion, I still like women,
> and there are still quite a few of us who do. Most of you guys have it
> backwards see, you just need a little counseling. You need to be re-trained
> to be interested in women, not the men. It's takes time but you can get your
> priorities in order in due course.

dumbass,

you're the biggest hypocrite. i thought it's was cool that you were
interested in a particular niche (women's racing), but you're the one
always going on about racer's looks and posting links to pics all the
time.

i can fucking accept that bike racers aren't models, and unlike you
just because i like bike racing doesn't mean i have to try to convice
myself women that race bikes are hot.

get off your fucking high horse, real sportsfans can tell the
difference between good sports and wanting to check out some chicks
(two totally independent things), you can't.

Sierraman

Jun 10, 2005, 7:31:36 PM6/10/05

"amit" <am...@physics.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

Dummy, I haven't posted anything here in ages, and the last time you
responded to something I posted was a personal attack, something that is
frequent habit in this group. If you get your jollies by attacking others,
go for it, but you probably wouldn't say those things otherwise in public. I
never attack others directly in this group and you know that, at least not
since Chang bang. If you want to join the dirtbag club, be my guest. I have
never posted anything about womens racing to degrade their side of it
directly. Queen Tut was taken out of context, and as usual became a device
for the crafty.

> i can fucking accept that bike racers aren't models, and unlike you
> just because i like bike racing doesn't mean i have to try to convice
> myself women that race bikes are hot.

OK dirt mouth, your logic doesn't apply here, since you don't know me at
all. RBR is a poor judge of character, since it's primarily about a group of
lifetime losers who care little about anything else then showing how smart
they are and attacking others. Any objective observations usually get lost
in the all the mud slinging. It was fun for a couple of years, but at least
I can move on, and not get stuck in the mud pits. I might inquire about a
video now and then but I have decided to leave the mud pits to chain gang.
95 percent of the guys who made this group cool are long gone and it's only
a handful of diehards left. There are only a few decent guys in this group
left now, and it's beyond me how they hung on all these years. I still look
occasionally to see if anything new is happening or if it's just the same
mudslingers taking pot shots at each other, but mostly it's the macavellians
craftily ploying their trade. (Very few are left from the last few years) If
you want to sort through all the crap posted here just to get hammered by
trouble makers, be my guest. I don't have time anymore to play in the mud,
but I'll check back on occassion.

> get off your fucking high horse, real sportsfans can tell the
> difference between good sports and wanting to check out some chicks
> (two totally independent things), you can't.

Dirt mouth, can you clean that up a little? Oh, that is a very objective
observation, how many years of English did you take? Never mind.

B-

Sierraman

Jun 10, 2005, 7:51:04 PM6/10/05

"amit" <am...@physics.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

BTW,

You are the only Indian guy I have even met that was foul mouthed, rude and
seem to have a enormous chip on his shoulders. I have met tons of them over
the years as they run all the quick stop stores down in the valley,
especially the liquor stores, gas stations. I have (never) met one from
India who was not polite and very friendly. In fact I knew several from
University, and we used to make Samosa and Tandori chicken, Lassies, and all
kinds of wonderful spiced curries after school. They were always good
company, and I never ran into one that wasn't very humble, well mannered
until I ran into you Amit in RBR.

There is always a first.

On the whole, Indian people are pretty decent where I live.

B-

Sierraman

Jun 10, 2005, 8:54:05 PM6/10/05

"amit" <am...@physics.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

> dumbass,

> you're the biggest hypocrite. i thought it's was cool that you were
> interested in a particular niche (women's racing), but you're the one
> always going on about racer's looks and posting links to pics all the
> time.

When I first came to the group a few years ago, I figured this would be cool
place to talk about cycling. I quickly realized it was run by a gang of
thugs which if you wanted in, you have to endure round after round of
humiliations which run the full gamut of all kinds of trips and traps,
carefully plotting at every turn to get their jollies. These poisonous
virulent snakes have more interest in causing general havoc and trying to
prove how crafty and smart they are rather then giving any thoughtful and
objective responses to posts. So what you end up with is I liken to talking
into a toilet. It really stinks in here sometimes, so it's a tradeoff. How
much bullshit do you want to endure to talk about cycling? 90 percent of
things I would of enjoyed talking about in the last couple of years never
happened because I know the dirtbags will pop up and destroy the post. So
maybe if you are lucky, once in a great while someone might sober up just
for a minute to say something thoughtful. Most of the goods posts are
usually destroyed by nonsense. It beats me how a post about getting a video
for Redlands could turn into 300 plus replies without hardly one single
reply about Redlands. I have taken a ton of shit for all the interest I have
had for the women's side of sport, mostly personal attacks and sick jokes.
But it's still the same old shit, nobody can leave it alone, the personal
attacks continue as they do for many others too. That's not really who I am
or want to be. I just played the game for a couple of years and figured if I
played in the mud for a while and went along with all the nonsense that
everyone would lighten up sooner or later. Things never change, and I doubt
they ever will if the same dirtbags rule this group. I have talked to a few
who were very high on totem pole here at times, and they can't explain it
either, why rbr is so poisoned compared to it's counterparts in Europe. I
talked to my cousin who teaches humanities at University, and he had an
explanation that was unique to our American culture, but that's not really
the whole answer. As for me, like I say, it's not that important anymore.
When it's no longer interesting or fun, you move on.

B-

Frank Drackman

Jun 10, 2005, 9:41:22 PM6/10/05

"Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote in message

I have always enjoyed your knowledge of womens racing

Sierraman

Jun 10, 2005, 11:19:27 PM6/10/05

"Frank Drackman" <frankd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Thanks, sheez, the ones who say something nice are the ones I have never
spoken to, how ironic, I guess because I am usually do battle with
mudslingers. I have gotton a few emails supporting my posts over the years
as a result of this thread. Thanks guys and gals. Maybe someone new can fill
my shoes now. It's sad that one of the Top Pro women who is really good and
would like to post here but she agrees and likely won't return. She
certainly knows only too well not to throw her pearls before swine. I don't
blame her.

venting, getting some air now.

B-

Bruce

Frank Drackman

Jun 10, 2005, 11:50:08 PM6/10/05

"Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote in message

We have discussed things in the past, I just keep changing my alias. I have
enjoyed your knowledge of women's racing as well as the reports of the rides
and environmental stuff in your area. Don't let the immature members get
you down. They try to tear people down so that they can hope to feel better
about their miserable lives.

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 12:18:27 AM6/11/05

"Frank Drackman" <frankd...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I don't, just venting, but it's a shame that rbr can't be as mature and
robust as it's European counterparts. It's been a real eye opener talking to
that crowd and understanding how they do it over there in their groups. I
have posted links and photos of racing women here in the past as a way to
break the ice, like a proxy so that might open the door to talk about
something interesting about the women. That seems to work well in Europe but
here it usually only invites two types. One, the type who can only google
eye the women and speak to their faults, or two, attack the person who
posted it, usually me, that either you are sexist, pervert or gay for
posting the link. God forbid that anyone would actually want to discuss
anything about women's cycling so they like to rib you with the sexist
approach. Really pathetic, they don't do that over there in the Euro groups.
They don't post as much women's stuff over there either but they always
refrain from attacking your character.

B-

Robert Chung

Jun 11, 2005, 9:41:48 AM6/11/05
Sierraman wrote:
> You are the only Indian guy I have even met that was foul mouthed, rude
> and seem to have a enormous chip on his shoulders. I have met tons of
> them over the years as they run all the quick stop stores down in the
> valley, especially the liquor stores, gas stations. I have (never) met
> one from India who was not polite and very friendly. In fact I knew
> several from University, and we used to make Samosa and Tandori
> chicken, Lassies, and all kinds of wonderful spiced curries after
> school. They were always good company, and I never ran into one that
> wasn't very humble, well mannered until I ran into you Amit in RBR.

Amit:

Sounds like Bruce wants you to be more like Apu on The Simpsons.

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/poitier/135/thnkhell.wav

Kyle Legate

Jun 11, 2005, 9:42:49 AM6/11/05
Sierraman wrote:
> "amit" <am...@physics.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
>

>>dumbass,
>>
>>you're the biggest hypocrite. i thought it's was cool that you were
>>interested in a particular niche (women's racing), but you're the one
>>always going on about racer's looks and posting links to pics all the
>>time.
>

> When I first came to the group a few years ago, I figured this would be cool
> place to talk about cycling. I quickly realized it was run by a gang of
> thugs which if you wanted in, you have to endure round after round of
> humiliations which run the full gamut of all kinds of trips and traps,
> carefully plotting at every turn to get their jollies.

That's not true. You only get humiliated if you're a tool.

Kyle Legate

Jun 11, 2005, 9:46:13 AM6/11/05
Sierraman wrote:

> I don't, just venting, but it's a shame that rbr can't be as mature and
> robust as it's European counterparts. It's been a real eye opener talking to
> that crowd and understanding how they do it over there in their groups. I
> have posted links and photos of racing women here in the past as a way to
> break the ice, like a proxy so that might open the door to talk about
> something interesting about the women.

This is interesting (from Cyclingnews):

Rossner and Arndt become Gay Games ambassadors

Equipe Nurnberger's team manager and rider, Petra Rossner and Judith
Arndt, have recently joined the list of athletes to be named Gay Games
Ambassadors, reports 365gay.com.

Cycling has been part of every Gay Games since its inception in 1982,
when cyclo-cross and road races were held. In July 2006, at the Gay
Games VII to be held in Chicago, mountain biking, criteriums and time
trials have been added, although cyclo-cross no longer features as part
of the programme.

"Cycling is our first love, of course, but there is a sport for almost
everyone at the Gay Games," said Rossner. "We can't think of a better
goal to set than to get fit and take part in an event that does so much
on behalf of the gay and lesbian community around the world."

"We are both really pleased to get the opportunity to support the Gay
Games as Ambassadors," said Arndt.

Federation of Gay Games co-president Kathleen Webster said: "We're
honored that Petra and Judith are becoming Ambassadors in the middle of
their ongoing professional careers. Their openness and enthusiasm about
the goals of the Gay Games are an inspiration and I'm sure will earn
them many new fans."

Discuss.

Me

Jun 11, 2005, 9:51:47 AM6/11/05
On 6/11/05 6:46 AM, in article 3h0894F...@individual.net, "Kyle Legate"
<leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sierraman wrote:
>>

>> I don't, just venting, but it's a shame that rbr can't be as mature and
>> robust as it's European counterparts. It's been a real eye opener talking to
>> that crowd and understanding how they do it over there in their groups. I
>> have posted links and photos of racing women here in the past as a way to
>> break the ice, like a proxy so that might open the door to talk about
>> something interesting about the women.
>>
> This is interesting (from Cyclingnews):

Why?
It was a surprise??

Me

Jun 11, 2005, 10:06:06 AM6/11/05
<leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Sierraman wrote:
>>

>> I don't, just venting, but it's a shame that rbr can't be as mature and
>> robust as it's European counterparts. It's been a real eye opener talking to
>> that crowd and understanding how they do it over there in their groups. I
>> have posted links and photos of racing women here in the past as a way to
>> break the ice, like a proxy so that might open the door to talk about
>> something interesting about the women.
>>
> This is interesting (from Cyclingnews):
>
> Rossner and Arndt become Gay Games ambassadors
>
> Equipe Nurnberger's team manager and rider, Petra Rossner and Judith
> Arndt, have recently joined the list of athletes to be named Gay Games
> Ambassadors, reports 365gay.com.

After finding the story on that page THIS was a more interesting read:

At the Athens Summer Olympic Games two months earlier, Arndt won a silver
medal in the women's road race and made headlines around the world for
giving a one-finger salute as she crossed the finish line to the German
cycling federation for leaving Rossner off the 2004 Olympic team.  It was a
gesture of solidarity for a teammate who Arndt believed could have helped
propel one of the German cyclists to gold.

That Arndt and Rossner were in a committed relationship at the time was
also reported, but Rossner's achievements made Arndt's protest compelling.
Much of the international press printed the fact of their being live-in
girlfriends almost as a sidelight to the incident itself, perhaps a sign
that merely being gay or lesbian isn't enough in certain sport circles to
generate headlines these days.

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 11:41:08 AM6/11/05

"Me" <no...@NOTHERE.net> wrote in message

> On 6/11/05 6:46 AM, in article 3h0894F...@individual.net, "Kyle
Legate"
> <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> After finding the story on that page THIS was a more interesting read:
>
> At the Athens Summer Olympic Games two months earlier, Arndt won a silver
> medal in the women's road race and made headlines around the world for
> giving a one-finger salute as she crossed the finish line to the German
> cycling federation for leaving Rossner off the 2004 Olympic team. It was a
> gesture of solidarity for a teammate who Arndt believed could have helped
> propel one of the German cyclists to gold.

That was interesting to me at the time since not only Rossner got shafted,
but Luperini and others got shafted as well by their federations. That's
really cold to shaft your countries best riders like that, and especially
when it comes at the end of their careers. I believe there were others,
can't recall.

> That Arndt and Rossner were in a committed relationship at the time was
> also reported, but Rossner's achievements made Arndt's protest compelling.
> Much of the international press printed the fact of their being live-in
> girlfriends almost as a sidelight to the incident itself, perhaps a sign
> that merely being gay or lesbian isn't enough in certain sport circles to
> generate headlines these days.

This problem transcended that issue as they are the best in the world, and I
always enjoyed Arndt. She goes back to racing Luperini way, way back in the
tours TDF's, of the mid 90's and later. Even then she was a stellar climber.

snip-

B-

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 11:51:21 AM6/11/05

"Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote in message

Sad that someone as smart as you has been one of most pathetic tricksters in
this group. As mentioned earlier, you must be a miserable soul. I hope you
enjoy many years of tomfoolery in rbr. Your will be probably be 80 many
years from now and still be in this miserable group. Some people are
diehards here and probably the only friends they have are the losers here.

B-

Robert Chung

Jun 11, 2005, 12:04:51 PM6/11/05
Sierraman wrote:

> Sad that someone as smart as you has been one of most pathetic
> tricksters in this group. As mentioned earlier, you must be a miserable
> soul. I hope you enjoy many years of tomfoolery in rbr. Your will be
> probably be 80 many years from now and still be in this miserable
> group. Some people are diehards here and probably the only friends they
> have are the losers here.

Bruce:

You're whining.

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 12:23:09 PM6/11/05

"Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote in message

Some of you guys need to move on and allow new blood to run the group. You
guys can't stay in here forever. As far as I know only Kunich can do that. A
lot of you guys are getting older and it's just not very respectable to talk
the talk when you are way beyond your racing years. I don't know how old
Davy was but he is gone as are many, many others. It's time move on. I don't
climb that well anymore and I am not going to talk the talk if I can do the
work on the bike. Some of you guys are 60+ and still hanging here trying to
run things and challenge guys half your age in arguments posted from your
grandfathers rocking chair. Some of you guys need to know when to move on.
It's fun for a few years, but move on, unless you want to join the Kunich
club, you will be here until you are 90's calling each other names and
hurling insults from Grandpa's rocker.

B-

amit

Jun 11, 2005, 12:41:32 PM6/11/05

Sierraman wrote:
> "Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote in message
>
> Sad that someone as smart as you

he's smart probably because he's asian.

h squared

Jun 11, 2005, 1:43:46 PM6/11/05
Sierraman wrote:
----------

if you don't like these people, why are you reading and replying to
their posts when it's so easy to skip over them? i think you just like
trolling and yelling (and that's what lots of people enjoy doing on
usenet, so don't think i'm coming down on you or singling you out)

heather
ps, this is a rhetorical question

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 2:32:29 PM6/11/05

"h squared" <clevistoreply...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Are you still here too. Sheeze, I thought you moved on as well.

I'll check back in a few years and see how many of these guys are still
feeding their habit. Yes that's right, I've been venting some, so what,
since I don't hang here much anymore, I will have my say in this thread.

Let's move on.

Bye, bye.

B-

Mark Fennell

Jun 11, 2005, 3:32:15 PM6/11/05
"Sierraman" wrote:
<snip>

> you will be here until you are 90's calling each other names and
> hurling insults from Grandpa's rocker.

I hope so!

Bruce, FWIW, I find many of the people in rbr to be very witty and
entertaining. Admittedly I've not (yet) been on the receiving end of any
particularly caustic barbs, but I'd like to think my skin is thick enough
that I wouldn't care. Plus, thanks to rbr, I've learned many new big words;
I've learned about interesting foods--I can't wait to try the Andouillette
in France this summer!; I've found cool race videos courtesy of Mr. Racket;
and many other things I'm too tired to think of right now. Oh yeah, one
more, just yesterday I got email out of the blue from a guy I raced with 25
years ago because he googled himself and found something I had written on
rbr mentioning him. How cool is that!?!

Anyway, IMHO, I think you have two misconceptions: (1) there are no "rulers"
of a newsgroup and if anyone feels that there are, then they need to
reevaluate their own perceptions; and (2) normal social-interaction
etiquette doesn't apply and there really is no reason it should. FWIW.

Mark

ronaldo_jeremiah

Jun 11, 2005, 3:40:50 PM6/11/05
I apologize for insinuating that Jeff Jones might be on crack. Clearly
Bruce is the resident crack smoker in rbr.

-RJ

Me

Jun 11, 2005, 4:32:06 PM6/11/05
On 6/11/05 8:41 AM, in article G4SdnXy1Q4f...@sti.net, "Sierraman"
<rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:

> "Me" <no...@NOTHERE.net> wrote in message
>> On 6/11/05 6:46 AM, in article 3h0894F...@individual.net, "Kyle
> Legate"
>> <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> After finding the story on that page THIS was a more interesting read:
>>
>> At the Athens Summer Olympic Games two months earlier, Arndt won a silver
>> medal in the women's road race and made headlines around the world for
>> giving a one-finger salute as she crossed the finish line to the German
>> cycling federation for leaving Rossner off the 2004 Olympic team. It was a
>> gesture of solidarity for a teammate who Arndt believed could have helped
>> propel one of the German cyclists to gold.
>
> That was interesting to me at the time since not only Rossner got shafted,
> but Luperini and others got shafted as well by their federations. That's
> really cold to shaft your countries best riders

Why? We do it here all the time........

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 7:01:05 PM6/11/05

> On 6/11/05 8:41 AM, in article G4SdnXy1Q4f...@sti.net, "Sierraman"
> <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:
>

> > "Me" <no...@NOTHERE.net> wrote in message
> >> On 6/11/05 6:46 AM, in article 3h0894F...@individual.net, "Kyle
> > Legate"
> >> <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> After finding the story on that page THIS was a more interesting read:
> >>
> >> At the Athens Summer Olympic Games two months earlier, Arndt won a
silver
> >> medal in the women's road race and made headlines around the world for
> >> giving a one-finger salute as she crossed the finish line to the German
> >> cycling federation for leaving Rossner off the 2004 Olympic team. It
was a
> >> gesture of solidarity for a teammate who Arndt believed could have
helped
> >> propel one of the German cyclists to gold.
> >
> > That was interesting to me at the time since not only Rossner got
shafted,
> > but Luperini and others got shafted as well by their federations. That's
> > really cold to shaft your countries best riders
>
> Why? We do it here all the time........

Those are smaller countries and two of the best women ever. That's would be
almost like shafting someone of Lance's statis, telling him he can't ride
the TDF, which happened to Luperini one year. She is basically the symbol of
the women's Giro, but even 2nd last year wasn't good enough for the
federation but hey, that's what happened.

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 7:03:01 PM6/11/05

"ronaldo_jeremiah" <ronaldo_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I apologize for insinuating that Jeff Jones might be on crack. Clearly
> Bruce is the resident crack smoker in rbr.
>
> -RJ

You are another one of those resident assholes in RBR. You can stay in the
Kunich club too. Glad I am leaving so I won't have to read any more shit
from dirtbags.

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 7:24:13 PM6/11/05

"Mark Fennell" <marco_f...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Sierraman" wrote:
> <snip>
> > you will be here until you are 90's calling each other names and
> > hurling insults from Grandpa's rocker.
>
> I hope so!
>
> Bruce, FWIW, I find many of the people in rbr to be very witty and
> entertaining. Admittedly I've not (yet) been on the receiving end of any
> particularly caustic barbs, but I'd like to think my skin is thick enough
> that I wouldn't care.

It's not about skin not being thick enough. My old best friend trains Navy
Seals and I spent 12 years in Karate. My skin is plenty thick. I just feel
like speaking out against all the abuse and assholes before I leave
completely. I can have my say, fair enough. Why not, I have had to listen to
a record number of assholes here for the last couple of years who are the
real RBR destroyers.

Plus, thanks to rbr, I've learned many new big words;
> I've learned about interesting foods--I can't wait to try the Andouillette
> in France this summer!; I've found cool race videos courtesy of Mr.
Racket;
> and many other things I'm too tired to think of right now. Oh yeah, one
> more, just yesterday I got email out of the blue from a guy I raced with
25
> years ago because he googled himself and found something I had written on
> rbr mentioning him. How cool is that!?!

The internet in general is that way, but I don't think I would give rbr
enough credit, certainly not for being a robust forum to discuss bike
racing. If anyone thinks it is, they are on crack. The really robust forums
are in Europe, not here. This forum doesn't have enough substance and what
is used for filler, is what is commonly called the static to noise ratio.
Too much noise for me. I prefer to move on. Too many assholes here that are
always making personal attacks hiding behind their computers. They would
never say such crap to your face in public. Henry has a lot of balls using
his dumbass signature, I could never do that.

> Anyway, IMHO, I think you have two misconceptions: (1) there are no
"rulers"
> of a newsgroup and if anyone feels that there are, then they need to
> reevaluate their own perceptions; and (2) normal social-interaction
> etiquette doesn't apply and there really is no reason it should. FWIW.
>
> Mark

Consider how just how much this forum lacks basic civility, and the records
number of garage posts over the last six months, I think this forum needs a
moderator. Someone who could lock out all the crap, but's it's Usenet, and
that is the way it is. Some of your points are well taken, but I am just
having my say before exiting. Enjoy Santa Barbara, one of my favorite
places.

B-

b...@mambo.ucolick.org

Jun 11, 2005, 9:15:08 PM6/11/05
Sierraman wrote:

> Thanks, sheez, the ones who say something nice are the ones I have never
> spoken to, how ironic, I guess because I am usually do battle with
> mudslingers. I have gotton a few emails supporting my posts over the years
> as a result of this thread. Thanks guys and gals. Maybe someone new can fill
> my shoes now. It's sad that one of the Top Pro women who is really good and
> would like to post here but she agrees and likely won't return. She
> certainly knows only too well not to throw her pearls before swine. I don't
> blame her.
>
> venting, getting some air now.

Bruce,

when (for example) crit poo posted various made-up allegations about
pedalchick, it was clearly out of line, and many in the group said
so, including some of the dumbasses you're complaining about.

by contrast, right now people are just giving you shit, in an
rbr locker-room banter way. it may not be mature, but it isn't
comparable in terms of intent to harm. even making fun of
Teutenberg, while juvenile, isn't comparably malicious.

you sound burned out on rbr. take a vacation from it. caring
too much about what people say on Usenet isn't healthy. even
Henry burns out on rbr occasionally. after a break, if your
appetite for nonsense returns, you can always come back. in the
meantime, we'll have to be content with abusing KKKunich and
Lafferty in between arguing about drugs, politics, LANCE, and
number-crumpling.

-ben
juvenile

Me

Jun 11, 2005, 10:21:16 PM6/11/05

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 10:39:33 PM6/11/05

<b...@mambo.ucolick.org> wrote in message

> Sierraman wrote:
>
> > Thanks, sheez, the ones who say something nice are the ones I have never
> > spoken to, how ironic, I guess because I am usually do battle with
> > mudslingers. I have gotton a few emails supporting my posts over the
years
> > as a result of this thread. Thanks guys and gals. Maybe someone new can
fill
> > my shoes now. It's sad that one of the Top Pro women who is really good
and
> > would like to post here but she agrees and likely won't return. She
> > certainly knows only too well not to throw her pearls before swine. I
don't
> > blame her.
> >
> > venting, getting some air now.
>
> Bruce,
>
> when (for example) crit poo posted various made-up allegations about
> pedalchick, it was clearly out of line, and many in the group said
> so, including some of the dumbasses you're complaining about.
>
> by contrast, right now people are just giving you shit, in an
> rbr locker-room banter way. it may not be mature, but it isn't
> comparable in terms of intent to harm. even making fun of
> Teutenberg, while juvenile, isn't comparably malicious.

I wish it was just Tut, and not the constant overall tone of the group,
hijacked basically by a few hucksters. Since I am having my say, I expect
some shit, but after this thread it won't matter anymore. Originally since I
left I felt it's better not to speak out but just to leave, but since the
same behavior seems to rule in this thread, I felt I wanted to have my say
before I left for good. I have spoke to quite a few who feel the newsgroup
has hit the very bottom. That's why they are gone now. Things might get a
tad better in July, but the overall goodtime robust tone of the group is
gone from the good ole days.

Actually I left several months ago but never said anything. I posted looking
for a Philly video on the fly, and made the mistake of posting about Queen
Tut. Since it was taken out of context and of course what followed is
typical of why I left. But I have decided to have my say in this thread on
my way out. To the dirtbags and also why this sucks, especially in the last
few months. Compared to the Euro groups I was in, this one really doesn't
compare at all. It's just mostly a small group of misfits who run in packs
and ruin the group for the rest. That is why I say the dirtbags should move
on and let new blood have it. Crit Pro and others from the younger
generation have the right to give it a run for several years although I wish
things were a bit more civil. There has been much worse then Crit Pro, but
he had interesting info that made fun reading. Dirtbags are those who run in
packs and wreck threads with their tricks and traps, they set people up with
their posts and replies. Dirtbags are those who make personal attacks
against others. Dirtbags are those who try to show how witty they are while
trying to humiliate others with the subtle gestures in their posts. They
take pleasure out of trying to destroy someone character, while getting
their kicks. They like to accuse others of being perverts, gay or stalkers
while all along they are scum that was dredged up from the deepest pits of
hell. These types will never leave, as misery loves company. They will
continue to apply their devices until the last day.

> you sound burned out on rbr. take a vacation from it. caring
> too much about what people say on Usenet isn't healthy.

I don't care about any groups, this is the only one I used to like.

That's the point I am trying to make! Euro groups don't act like this. They
are very mature in their cycling racing groups. The groups are very robust
and posts and replies spin like the meter on the gas pump, and the content
and quality is quite good. They don't engage in personal attacks on each
other. It's very rare and disagreements are always very civil. This group
has too much slack, fat, and I am afraid what takes it's place of good posts
is akin to a group of gorillas who have taken over a town that the
government pulled out of. Its content and quality, and the frequency of that
content is just not good enough to sustain a healthy environment. I also
liken it to a group of thugs who sit on a fence. When a bike rider go by,
they throw rocks at him. Kind of like that. When someone starts a good
thread, just as it seems to get going good the dirtbags come in packs and
destroy the thread. Can you imagine if any kids wanted to post in here? I
can't ever remember any kids asking questions in here but they certainly do
have my sympathy if they are willing to endue the rounds of mudballs from
the dirtbags.

even
> Henry burns out on rbr occasionally.

I have no idea about that guy. He is a case study for a university lab. He
was (very) knowledgeable about racing. It's too bad so many people were
afraid to ask him questions, because he had a lot to share, if he was only
civil. I can't imagine a kid asking that guy anything.

after a break, if your
> appetite for nonsense returns, you can always come back. in the
> meantime, we'll have to be content with abusing KKKunich and
> Lafferty in between arguing about drugs, politics, LANCE, and
> number-crumpling.

> -ben
> juvenile

Lafferty was always civil. I didn't realize just how troubled Kunich was
until he engaged those two guys for several months in the helmet thread,
calling each other names for months on end, tit for tat. That is a very sad
disease, sickness, whatever, makes me shudder.

B-

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 11:26:17 PM6/11/05

"ronaldo_jeremiah" <ronaldo_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I apologize for insinuating that Jeff Jones might be on crack. Clearly
> Bruce is the resident crack smoker in rbr.
>
> -RJ

BTW dirtbag,

Jeff Jones is a great guy. I thought Richard Pestes, the Publisher of
PezCycling News was pretty cool. He answered some emails and I like his site
a lot since he favors articles on the ladies but Jeffy is tops. Jeff has
more heart for cycling then all of them. He is more then likely not only
running himself into the ground being the chief editor for CN, but he is
very polite over the years responding to some of you dirtbags, as well as
the good folks too. Jeff even takes a fair amount of his personal time
responding to emails, besides this group. It's amazing to me the chief
editor of the coolest and most informative cycling site on the net in terms
of racing would take the extra time, or even consider responding to the like
of some of these characters. You don't hear from so many others of the
smaller media guns in rbr, from all the other cycling sites. At least not
very often. Jeff is incredibly generous with his time, and always (very)
polite. I always thought Dan Connelly was pretty cool, but really I wish
everyone was as civil and nice as Jeff.

He is definitely a role model for RBR.

B-

Sierraman

Jun 11, 2005, 11:30:19 PM6/11/05

"Me" <no...@NOTHERE.net> wrote in message

That was bye, bye, to Heather. I will leave when this thread is over, not a
minute sooner.

Me

Jun 11, 2005, 11:33:41 PM6/11/05
On 6/11/05 8:30 PM, in article rJqdnSa2n5H...@sti.net, "Sierraman"
<rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:

It will be over as soon as you stop whining.............

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 12:04:44 AM6/12/05

"Me" <no...@NOTHERE.net> wrote in message

That's deep. At least everyone knows who I am, unlike you who hides behind a
fake handle. You are the only one in this thread I don't know because you
hide behind a fake handle. Talkin to strangers, so that makes your request
very low on the totem pole.

Me

Jun 12, 2005, 12:22:45 AM6/12/05
On 6/11/05 9:04 PM, in article YZ-dnYuU1YM...@sti.net, "Sierraman"
<rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:

What a baby.....
I remember when you first came here. You trying to say it was not cut throat
then??

I here Art Bell calling you.. "BEAM ME UP!"

h squared

Jun 12, 2005, 12:36:32 AM6/12/05
Sierraman wrote:
> Yes that's right, I've been venting some, so what,
> since I don't hang here much anymore, I will have my say in this thread.

i don't care if you post, i'm just saying if you don't like these people
and don't think they have anything good or topical to say, and they make
you mad, then why read their posts? there are some people i never read
(not so much on this ng, but on others. also as an aside i haven't
noticed a big difference in tone between rbr and the other groups i
read, but none of them are european.) when i see a post from someone i
know is going to push my buttons and that arguing with them will be
pointless, instead of reading their post i select it and hit the "mark
as read" option and skip over it. i tend to indulge in self pity in
general, but this is one small area where i try to take responsibility
for my own happiness.

heather

amit

Jun 12, 2005, 12:44:13 AM6/12/05

Sierraman wrote:

> certainly not for being a robust forum to discuss bike
> racing. If anyone thinks it is, they are on crack. The really robust forums
> are in Europe, not here.

bite me you fucking bitch.

then why don't you discuss cycling on the "serious euro forums" ?

what you probably consider "serious cycling discussion" (ie. who will
win X race, who is the best sprinter, campy vs. shimano, yadda yadda)
is considered lame and tired and has been hashed and rehashed over the
years for 99% for people who've been following cycling for 5 or 10
years.

it's only when something weird happens (like mattan's GW win or basso's
collapse) is there anything interesting to discuss.

Steven L. Sheffield

Jun 12, 2005, 12:49:17 AM6/12/05
On 06/11/2005 05:03 PM, in article H5qdnRxn7_N...@sti.net,
"Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote:

I just love it when people make a big deal about leaving ... and then
continue to post.

If you're leaving, then leave ... just stop posting and go away ...
otherwise you come off as just another whiny sack-of-shit.

Oooh ... and now I'll bet that I get an invite from stalker Bruce to join
the Kunich club as well!

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Howard Kveck

Jun 12, 2005, 1:06:58 AM6/12/05
In article <9%Gqe.6972$7s.1386@fed1read01>,
"Mark Fennell" <marco_f...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'd like to add that there is no set time limit that anyone should
observe when being in here. "Time to move on" just doesn't apply.

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 1:20:25 AM6/12/05

"Me" <no...@NOTHERE.net> wrote in message

Again, that's deep fake handle. I don't have many words for strangers who
like to hide their antics behind a fake name.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 1:23:39 AM6/12/05

"h squared" <clevistoreply...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Your take on the group is noted. I am simply having my say on the way out.

Enjoy the summer.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 1:30:58 AM6/12/05

> Sierraman wrote:
>
> > certainly not for being a robust forum to discuss bike
> > racing. If anyone thinks it is, they are on crack. The really robust
forums
> > are in Europe, not here.
>
> bite me you fucking bitch.
>
> then why don't you discuss cycling on the "serious euro forums" ?

Dirt mouth, you just made my point. You mouth would never last in their
forums.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 1:46:14 AM6/12/05

"Steven L. Sheffield" <ste...@veloworks.com> wrote in message

> On 06/11/2005 05:03 PM, in article H5qdnRxn7_N...@sti.net,

> I just love it when people make a big deal about leaving ... and then

> continue to post.
>
> If you're leaving, then leave ... just stop posting and go away ...
> otherwise you come off as just another whiny sack-of-shit.
>
> Oooh ... and now I'll bet that I get an invite from stalker Bruce to join
> the Kunich club as well!

You love it because you are one of the biggest assholes in this group too,
if not the biggest. Notice mostly it's the dirtbags that are speaking out
now. I knew they would pop up sooner or later. I would like to expose all of
them if I could before I leave. Why not, I had to listen to their crap for
years here. Do you have a reading disorder, I said I would leave for good
when this thread is over, which it will be when you guys stop posting.

Stop feeding it and I will leave. Othewise, I will have my say in this
thread. For the record many support me speaking out, just not publicly. I'm
not running a popularity contest. I won't be back, ever, mark my words, but
at least I got a chance to speak out against the dirtbags before I left.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 2:01:49 AM6/12/05

"Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote in message

Hope I can wrap this up tonight, but looks like its going to drag on another
day. Oh well, surely tomorrow this will be over, I will of had my say and
you guys can go back to business as usual.

amit

Jun 12, 2005, 2:21:59 AM6/12/05

Sierraman wrote:

> Dirtbags are those who run in
> packs and wreck threads with their tricks and traps, they set people up with
> their posts and replies.

dumbass,

you don't get it do you ?

i pick on you because of what i detect as insincerity.

you claim to be a fan of women's racing, yet the majority of your
topical posts to rbr contain some sexual undertone or refer to a female
rider's attractiveness.

anyone can read the achives and see that.

Kyle Legate

Jun 12, 2005, 2:35:56 AM6/12/05
Sierraman wrote:
> "Robert Chung" <m...@address.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>You're whining.
>

> Some of you guys need to move on and allow new blood to run the group. You
> guys can't stay in here forever. As far as I know only Kunich can do that. A
> lot of you guys are getting older and it's just not very respectable to talk
> the talk when you are way beyond your racing years. I don't know how old
> Davy was but he is gone as are many, many others. It's time move on.

Thank you for your valueless judgement. Now it's time to follow your own
advice. Buh bye.

Kyle Legate

Jun 12, 2005, 2:45:46 AM6/12/05
Sierraman wrote:
> "ronaldo_jeremiah" <ronaldo_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I apologize for insinuating that Jeff Jones might be on crack. Clearly
>>Bruce is the resident crack smoker in rbr.
>>
>>-RJ
>

> BTW dirtbag,

I just love it how you rendered your whole arguement about civility
irrelevant with just one word. Your moral posturing adds to the absurdity.

Maybe we should all follow you to the euro groups to continue the laugh,
whaddaya say?

Kyle Legate

Jun 12, 2005, 2:51:19 AM6/12/05
Sierraman wrote:
> "amit" <am...@physics.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
>

>>Sierraman wrote:
>>

>>>certainly not for being a robust forum to discuss bike
>>>racing. If anyone thinks it is, they are on crack. The really robust
>
> forums
>
>>>are in Europe, not here.
>>
>>bite me you fucking bitch.
>>
>>then why don't you discuss cycling on the "serious euro forums" ?
>

> Dirt mouth, you just made my point. You mouth would never last in their
> forums.

What, exactly, would happen to him?

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 3:32:10 AM6/12/05

"amit" <am...@physics.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

Let me clear up what I stated already. First you don't know me at all, but
let me clarify my posts. Like I said before, since no one is interested in
women's cycling, it's pretty much a baiting contest to get people to talk
about women's racing. Since no one would be interested in talking about the
sport in general, quite often I have posted links to photos to spark a
conversion, like a proxy. Sometimes it had the desired effect, after they
made their remarks about the rider, then sometimes that might develop into
something more interesting about that rider, their teams, the race, the
course, and a whole realm of other interesting possibilities, at least to me
anyway, it would of been. Unfortunately most people are not interested in
anything other then making some quick sexist remarks and then they go about
their business. That's not what I had in mind. I don't mind the part about
who are the hot women of cycling. That is all part of it, but rarely if ever
did the threads ever develop any kind of keen or robust conversations about
any of those issues, as least not as far back as I can remember. I can't
remember one single thread that went really into details about their sport,
or the riders, except the one I posted about the who are the sexist women
cyclist. That was fun, but I am afraid, it ended there. If you knew me
personally, you would know I have a keen interest, always have since 1992
when Leontien rode against Longo in the games, which I have on tape, and is
one of the most impressive rides Longo has even done on the bike, just
falling short of catching Watt at the line.

I am not the one that is insincere here. I have to post that way just to get
people interested to talk about anything to do with women's racing. That's
not my fault, it's a lack of interest by the group. It's not insincere for
me to be creative by posting links to women's photos to get them to open up
to talk about the sport, but usually all you hear is, yeah she is hot, and
they move on. So that's where the posts usually end right there, and then I
get the blame for posting by being called a pervert, gay or a stalker.

For the record, I probably have more data, videos and info of various sorts
then most when it comes to their side of the sport. I have archived
thousands of pages about the Giro and TDF since at least 1989 and that's not
easy to do. I know a fair bit about the women's tours and many of the Euro
classics. Furthermore I follow many of the Euro sites, and know where to
look for data, and have all the links bookmarked for the best sites on the
web for the women racers. I should be the last person in the world who
should be accused of being insincere. I could talk you blue in the face
round the clock about women's cycling. I doubt if there is anyone who is a
bigger fan then me, except perhaps William or Phil. The threads are shallow
because they never go anywhere or are ruin by the hucksters. Very cleaver
trap was set for me to talk about the gay games. This is kind of traps I am
talking about. I'm not falling for that and I have no interest to speak
about the Gay games. I am not a fan of that, but I know a lot of women
racers are gay, but I chose to not know who they are and try to ignore it. I
like Judith Arndt a lot, and so far her sexual preference hasn't gotten in
the way of me being a fan, although I have never met her. I did have the
chance to met some of the women in Merced and Fresno this year and watch
them race, but I couldn't attend. I have a nice digital camera too, so some
nice photos possibly, and my take on the race.

It's not me that's insincere, I can't force people at gunpoint to talk about
women's cycling. Everything here is based on interest, but it would be nice
if the RBR destroyers would stop wrecking the threads for next generation.
More then likely there will be another huge fan pop up for women's cycling,
so if you can, be nice to him or her when they come, since it's mostly a
mens racing group.

B-

John Forrest Tomlinson

Jun 12, 2005, 5:05:21 AM6/12/05
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 21:04:44 -0700, "Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com>
wrote:

Step back, take a deep breath, perhaps killfile some people or better
yet, stop reading RBR. If that doesn't work, seek therapy. You're
hurting yoursefl here.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Curtis L. Russell

Jun 12, 2005, 8:10:00 AM6/12/05
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:32:10 -0700, "Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com>
wrote:

>It's not me that's insincere, I can't force people at gunpoint to talk about
>women's cycling.

So he/we isn't/aren't supposed to judge you by what you say on rbr
because away from rbr you are a more complete person, but you are free
to judge everyone else based on what they post on rbr.

OK, lower on the insincere meter and higher on the hypocrisy.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 12:12:51 PM6/12/05

"Kyle Legate" <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Mark these guys and avoid them. Here is another one of the biggest jerks in
this group right here, KL.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 12:15:50 PM6/12/05

"Curtis L. Russell" <cur...@the-md-russells.org> wrote in message

No, because I don't make a habit out of attacking others on rbr. A lot of
these guys get their kicks by their relentless attacks against others on
rbr. These are the dirtbags who have no interest then anything else except
to cause trouble and wreck threads.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 12:18:45 PM6/12/05

"Kyle Legate" <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

No one would speak to him, and then later they would politely ask him to
leave if he continues, and then be totally ignored after that.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 12:22:19 PM6/12/05

"Kyle Legate" <leg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I don't think many value your judgements.

Today should be the day, good day to move on.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 12:30:16 PM6/12/05

"John Forrest Tomlinson" <usenet...@jt10000.com> wrote in message

I always thought you were a halfway decent guy although you have ribbed me a
fair bit in the past. I don't see you as a pack runner, more of a stand
alone kind of guy, and that takes more guts. Not running popularity contest
here, I am leaving and I am dam well having my say before I leave, and lots
of it. My therapy is this thread, speaking out against the dirtbags and
leaving this group now.

Bye.

amit

Jun 12, 2005, 12:52:19 PM6/12/05
Sierraman wrote:

>Like I said before, since no one is interested in
> women's cycling, it's pretty much a baiting contest to get people to talk
> about women's racing. Since no one would be interested in talking about the
> sport in general, quite often I have posted links to photos to spark a
> conversion, like a proxy. Sometimes it had the desired effect, after they
> made their remarks about the rider, then sometimes that might develop into
> something more interesting about that rider, their teams, the race, the
> course, and a whole realm of other interesting possibilities, at least to me
> anyway, it would of been. Unfortunately most people are not interested in
> anything other then making some quick sexist remarks and then they go about
> their business.

that's a stupid tactic and i have a hard time buying it based on your
posting history.

if you posted your thoughts or analysis on racing a few people will be
interested, which is no different than what people interested in other
less popular subdisciplines of cycling (cross, track, local scenes) do.

when someone started a thread about the women's RR in the olympics this
was your contribution:

"Tina is about as chiseled as you can get, and not bad since she is old

enough to be Mom to the other girls. Lynn G is looking pretty fit. Lynn
B is very fit this year, she seems thinner then other years, not much
fat on her. I haven't seen Dotsie lately, but there was lot of fatties
in the road race. If you want to see fit, cut lean and mean, then you
need to look at Jeanson, and I have probably seen more close up photos
of her then anyone. Believe me, that is one extremely fit babe with
very little body fat anyway."

this the usual tone of your postings, from someone who is ostensibly
interested in the sporting aspect. i don't see you being tricked and
baited by crafty rbr dirtbags.

Kyle Legate

Jun 12, 2005, 1:10:03 PM6/12/05
Sierraman wrote:

> I always thought you were a halfway decent guy although you have ribbed me a
> fair bit in the past. I don't see you as a pack runner, more of a stand
> alone kind of guy, and that takes more guts. Not running popularity contest
> here, I am leaving and I am dam well having my say before I leave, and lots
> of it. My therapy is this thread, speaking out against the dirtbags and
> leaving this group now.

Jesus, what a whiner.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 3:08:58 PM6/12/05

> Sierraman wrote:
>
> >Like I said before, since no one is interested in
> > women's cycling, it's pretty much a baiting contest to get people to
talk
> > about women's racing. Since no one would be interested in talking about
the
> > sport in general, quite often I have posted links to photos to spark a
> > conversion, like a proxy. Sometimes it had the desired effect, after
they
> > made their remarks about the rider, then sometimes that might develop
into
> > something more interesting about that rider, their teams, the race, the
> > course, and a whole realm of other interesting possibilities, at least
to me
> > anyway, it would of been. Unfortunately most people are not interested
in
> > anything other then making some quick sexist remarks and then they go
about
> > their business.
>
> that's a stupid tactic and i have a hard time buying it based on your
> posting history.

It's a tactic based on what works here. It's actually more effective then
starting a text thread about a particular racer, event or team, not to
mention a historical discussion, which few have little interest. It's
certainly a tactic that works here. That is why I am leaving. Zero interest
here, way too many jerks for me to stay here. My two years is up, moving on
now.

> if you posted your thoughts or analysis on racing a few people will be
> interested, which is no different than what people interested in other
> less popular subdisciplines of cycling (cross, track, local scenes) do.

That's not true. There is (zero) interest here, usually the only ones who
enter the threads are the troublemakers. I can't remember a good ladies
cycling thread here ever in the last two years. Nearly all of the threads
have been just bits and pieces here and there, but no solid discussions
about the womens side of the sport have taken place here. Ironically womens
cycling was very popular in this group a long time ago when Perryman was
posting and even before him. But they were run out by the dirtbags. I have
read quite a bit of the archived stuff from the very early days of rbr,
(about the mid-90's) and there were guys posting day by day stages in detail
of the women's Giro and the Grande Boucle, and with race reports to boot. In
those days semi-robust discussions took place of all the great women riders
including Luperini, and our gals, Mari and crew, and some of the girls had
excellent race reports. At one time women's cycling was the buzz of rbr in
the mid-90's. Then the dirtbags came and slowly killed the group. I talked
to Perryman once before asking why he was quitting his site. He wasn't the
only one, there were several others at that time keen on the ladies riders
and events, and often you even might get some inside details about races and
rides. What exists today are mostly a pack of rebels who are keen on keeping
women's cycling dead and out of rbr, at least they make sure they trash any
decent thread about the ladies that comes along. Pedalchick was a little
edgy here, but can you blame her with all the ribbing she had to endure? No
women in their right mind would post here. There are still very few, and
very seldom. I talked to one of the Top Pro women on occasion and she agrees
about the tone of this group when it comes to the ladies threads. In fact
over time I have talked to quite a number and some were x-managers of womens
racing teams and they quit posting years ago because of the steady stream of
dirtbags who have wrecked this group.

> when someone started a thread about the women's RR in the olympics this
> was your contribution:
>
> "Tina is about as chiseled as you can get, and not bad since she is old
>
> enough to be Mom to the other girls. Lynn G is looking pretty fit. Lynn
> B is very fit this year, she seems thinner then other years, not much
> fat on her. I haven't seen Dotsie lately, but there was lot of fatties
> in the road race. If you want to see fit, cut lean and mean, then you
> need to look at Jeanson, and I have probably seen more close up photos
> of her then anyone. Believe me, that is one extremely fit babe with
> very little body fat anyway."
>
> this the usual tone of your postings, from someone who is ostensibly
> interested in the sporting aspect. i don't see you being tricked and
> baited by crafty rbr dirtbags.

I replied based on that level of conversation, as the next level rarely
occurs, no on is interested. No one wants to go into details about race
results, the races themselves, the stages, what happened in the stages, how
they were won, what the teams are like, riders salaries. Bla, bla, bla on
and on just like you guy fine tune every detail about the mens side of the
sport. I can fit in easily in the mid-90's since there so many robust
discussions going on at that time for women's cycling. According to what I
have read in the archive, it seems to have been a short period in the
mid-90's and it was fun reading, great stuff, but it didn't last because the
dirtbags snuffed out the fire again and again until all the ladies or the
other guys who were interested were driven out.

As least I took the time to read all that over time it get a better picture
of what happened to women's cycling in this group. I have always heard about
it but I had to read it firsthand, and now I can see what happened and is
still going on to this very day.

Sierraman

Jun 12, 2005, 3:12:28 PM6/12/05

> Jesus, what a whiner.

You are the one who posted that disgusting link of gay guys having sex.
Avoid this guy at all costs. He is one of the biggest troublemakers in this
group and a pervert to boot.

Kyle Legate

Jun 12, 2005, 3:34:29 PM6/12/05
Refresh my memory, when did I do that? You seem to have a better memory
for the gay guys having sex than for the person that posted the alleged
link. While we're at it, what's so disgusting about homosexuals
expressing their love for one another?

You seem to have a lot of time for whining lately. And lying. And for
revising history. If you were to plot a list of the troublemakers of rbr
I wouldn't even be in the top 50. The only people I have flamed
significantly in my years here (which include those Good Ole Days you
seem to miss so much) are Kunich, Pappy and you. Why? Kunich deserves
it. Pappy deserves it. And, like it or not, you deserve it, for the
reasons that Amit has already discussed. And because you're a tool.

Have a nice day.

John Forrest Tomlinson

Jun 12, 2005, 3:41:02 PM6/12/05
Sierraman,

Legate is someone I disagree with a lot, but he plays fair and doesn't
whine. Could you please just shut up your whining. It's tedious and
embarrassing.

Tim Mullin

Jun 12, 2005, 5:02:06 PM6/12/05

> Actually I left several months ago but never said anything. I posted
> looking for a Philly video on the fly, and made the mistake of posting
> about Queen Tut.

No, your mistake was looking for a video of the women's race in Philly. I saw
it live, and what a piece of shite it was. The selection was made the first
time up the wall, and after that they just rode around waiting for the bunch
sprint. Why anyone allready knowing the result would want to watch it is
beyond me.

Mozilla Gorilla

Jun 12, 2005, 5:06:32 PM6/12/05
"Sierraman" <rip...@sierratel.com> wrote in news:PIWdncJSzpXdWTbfRVn-
1...@sti.net:

> Again, that's deep fake handle. I don't have many words for strangers who
> like to hide their antics behind a fake name.

Bitch,
That's funny coming from a guy named "Sierraman."

It is loading more messages.