Bilenky Viewpoint/Angletech Harmony info and opinions sought

max

Jul 14, 2010, 4:27:47 AM7/14/10
HI EVERYBODY!

I've been off the rec.bike forums for a while, but keeping the faith
with lots of cyclecommuting and winterbiking and i have returned with a
humble request for info.

A couple years ago i picked up a used cannondale tandem for me and my
girlfriend. I quickly discovered that she didn't really enjoy my
high-cadence robopedaling, owing to various factors including a) she
doesn't ride very much and her significant arthritic loss of knee
cartilege -- pedalling just does not give here the fun and joi d'vivre
it brings me.

We're both over 50...

My online research led me through various things, including the DaVinci
ICS (independent coasting system). I also found that my gf did not
grew quickly with the awesome specticale of my flexing quadraceps, and
of watching my oaken thewn legs, but little else, from her traditional
stoker position.

And her mulva hurt. well there goes my dream of pedaling a tandem with
the GF while singing showtunes and exchanging Victorian expressions of
personal attraction. Things i heard after a 6:15 century with GF on the
Cannondale tandem. Not real encourgaing.

Until i remembered he Bilenky Viewpoint and soon came across the Angle
Tech Harmony. These insane genius creatons seem to solve exactly and
completely the problems my stoker is having.

SO:

Is the Harmony licensed from Bilenky? Is it exactly the same? Is it
made from parts made by Bilenky and sold to Angletech?

Are the respective teams quality comparable?

I understand these are somewhat on the dear side. But it's important
for me to get my SO and the women in my family on a take them around the
beautiful that Kane and Dupage counties in Illinois, have to offer

Can the stoker position be butched-up to raise the 200# limit which i
belive applies to the stoker? Getting it over 200 would allow other
family members to play along.

I have a dim understanding as to what levels of customization are
available (i've read the websites about the Viepoint and the Harmony. )
One thing that would be very helpful would be to raise that front seat
limit to about 250# or more, which would let a different family member
participate.

I see these platforms as transformational in bringing to the game people
who can't ride very well.

What kinds of lead times to these masterpieces require before they
bestowed upon the eager buyer?

I am ready to make the commitment, but i want to be sure.

I would be grateful for any and all info you care to bomb me with.

Sincerely,
.max
max monningh