Usenet is fatally flawed according to Ed Dolan the Great

Edward Dolan

Aug 29, 2007, 4:40:14 AM8/29/07
Anyone who takes what is said on Usenet seriously is an idiot. Why? Because
all human conversation requires a moderator (an editor). Without this
prerequisite, all you get is nonsensical blather.

But blather is not so bad once you accept that you cannot take it seriously.
After all, we humans are basically just chattering monkeys and we should
strive to have some fun while we do it.

The Great Ed Dolan regards anyone with whom he has had extended
correspondence on Usenet as essentially a friend! Yes, if you have responded
to me and I to you, then that makes us friends in my book.

Tom Sherman, Jim McNamara, Jeff Grippe, Chris Foster - all friends. Many
thanks to the lot of you for making my dark nights of the soul go better. I
would like to invite you over to my house for some Livingston Cellars Red
Rose vino and we can have a good laugh at what we have done here on the
world of Usenet.

We shall soon enough be in our graves. Did we ever have any fun in this
world? I think we did here on Usenet.

Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again.

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

JimmyMac

Aug 30, 2007, 9:53:58 AM8/30/07
On Aug 29, 3:40 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> Anyone who takes what is said on Usenet seriously is an idiot. Why? Because
> all human conversation requires a moderator (an editor). Without this
> prerequisite, all you get is nonsensical blather.
>
> But blather is not so bad once you accept that you cannot take it seriously.
> After all, we humans are basically just chattering monkeys and we should
> strive to have some fun while we do it.
>
> The Great Ed Dolan regards anyone with whom he has had extended
> correspondence on Usenet as essentially a friend! Yes, if you have responded
> to me and I to you, then that makes us friends in my book.

Kindly remove me from your book. We never have been nor will we ever
be friends.

> Tom Sherman, Jim McNamara, Jeff Grippe, Chris Foster - all friends.

I've never even made Tom's, Jeff's or Chris's acquaintance.

Jeff Grippe

Aug 30, 2007, 4:54:27 PM8/30/07
Thank you Ed, I a top-posting idiot, am honored to be your friend. I have no
wish to accumulate enemies.

I think its a better than 50% shot that I would enjoy your company. I also
don't want to always be around people that always agree with me. Its fine to
do every now and then but you need people that irritate as well.

However, I don't see any trips to your fair state in my future so I must
decline your invitation for now. Please let me know if you every come to
NYC.

All the best,
Jeff
"Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote in message

Edward Dolan

Sep 1, 2007, 2:45:56 AM9/1/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 29, 3:40 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>> Anyone who takes what is said on Usenet seriously is an idiot. Why?
>> Because
>> all human conversation requires a moderator (an editor). Without this
>> prerequisite, all you get is nonsensical blather.
>>
>> But blather is not so bad once you accept that you cannot take it
>> seriously.
>> After all, we humans are basically just chattering monkeys and we should
>> strive to have some fun while we do it.
>>
>> The Great Ed Dolan regards anyone with whom he has had extended
>> correspondence on Usenet as essentially a friend! Yes, if you have
>> responded
>> to me and I to you, then that makes us friends in my book.
>
> Kindly remove me from your book. We never have been nor will we ever
> be friends.

We are Usenet friends, not real friends of course.

>> Tom Sherman, Jim McNamara, Jeff Grippe, Chris Foster - all friends.
>
> I've never even made Tom's, Jeff's or Chris's acquaintance.

Ah, but you have, here in the world of Usenet.

Edward Dolan

Sep 1, 2007, 2:56:20 AM9/1/07

"Jeff Grippe" <je...@door7.com> wrote in message

> Thank you Ed, I a top-posting idiot, am honored to be your friend. I have
> no wish to accumulate enemies.
>
> I think its a better than 50% shot that I would enjoy your company. I also
> don't want to always be around people that always agree with me. Its fine
> to do every now and then but you need people that irritate as well.
>
> However, I don't see any trips to your fair state in my future so I must
> decline your invitation for now. Please let me know if you every come to
> NYC.
>
> All the best,
>
> Jeff

And thank you Jeff for a mature response, but I always knew that much about
you.

I have a difficult time understanding types like Jim McNamara. Apparently, a
wounded immature ego can never be overcome. Notice how even Chris Foster
knows how to calm down, but never McNamara! He should take up drinking like
I do so he could mellow out.

Jeff Grippe

Sep 1, 2007, 11:47:18 AM9/1/07

> "Jeff Grippe" <je...@door7.com> wrote in message
>> Thank you Ed, I a top-posting idiot, am honored to be your friend. I have
>> no wish to accumulate enemies.
>>
>> I think its a better than 50% shot that I would enjoy your company. I
>> also don't want to always be around people that always agree with me. Its
>> fine to do every now and then but you need people that irritate as well.
>>
>> However, I don't see any trips to your fair state in my future so I must
>> decline your invitation for now. Please let me know if you every come to
>> NYC.
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Jeff
>
> And thank you Jeff for a mature response, but I always knew that much
> about you.
>
> I have a difficult time understanding types like Jim McNamara. Apparently,
> a wounded immature ego can never be overcome. Notice how even Chris Foster
> knows how to calm down, but never McNamara! He should take up drinking
> like I do so he could mellow out.

Well it takes all kinds. My take on it, fwiw, is that it appears (from old
messages) that Jim helped you with some technical problem. After doing
something for you, he feels that he has the right to ask not to be insulted
by you publicly. Also, it is up to him to decide what is insulting. It is
not up to you. Basically he feels betrayed and there may be some basis for
that feeling even though you don't take the things that you say seriously.

I might feel the same way he does if I were in his shoes.

I heard a quote the other day that I thought you would like. I don't
remember it in Latin but the meaning is not lost in translation. It was on
an ancient tombstone. It said...

"I am what you will become"

Peace, Ed.

gotbent

Sep 1, 2007, 12:21:22 PM9/1/07

> "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jeff Grippe" <je...@door7.com> wrote in message
>>> snip

> "I am what you will become"
>
> Peace, Ed.

Hmmm, dead!

Jeff Grippe

Sep 2, 2007, 7:53:09 AM9/2/07
"gotbent" <gotb...@spamtrap.com> wrote in message

>> "I am what you will become"
>>

> Hmmm, dead!

The whole beauty of the quote is that that is left unsaid although it is
obvious.

Edward Dolan

Sep 2, 2007, 4:53:10 PM9/2/07

"Jeff Grippe" <je...@door7.com> wrote in message

Yes, Jeff, you are quite right about all of the above. I tried to help him
out with his posts to ARBR since we both hated Ed Gin, the criminal vandal
troll who destroyed ARBR. Jim was coming across as nothing but a long-winded
bore. He did not want to be helped, but notice how much better his posts are
since I remonstrated with him. He is no longer long-winded, just a bore.

> I might feel the same way he does if I were in his shoes.

Nope, you wouldn't because you are an adult and he is not. You should read
his posts on ARBR from several years ago in connection with Ed Gin (Johnny
NoCom, Fred, etc.) to see how he does not ever seem to have a clue about
how Usenet works. Ed Gin is a fucking criminal vandal troll, but at least he
knows how Usenet works.

> I heard a quote the other day that I thought you would like. I don't
> remember it in Latin but the meaning is not lost in translation. It was on
> an ancient tombstone. It said...
>
> "I am what you will become"

Yes, it is the same as my favorite:

"Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again."

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard

Only 10 words, but it sums up the wisdom of the universe.

Edward Dolan

Sep 6, 2007, 9:54:15 PM9/6/07

> "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote in message
>>

>> <snip> since we both hated Ed Gin, the criminal vandal <snip>
>
> Purge hatred from your heart, Ed. Since the end of the road is the same
> regardless of what you do, life is to short to spend time hating.
>
> Like you, I don't believe that there is a god that is going to forgive us
> our sins, however, I like the idea of forgiving those that trespass
> against us.
>
> I know it is hard to do these days but we must continue to try.
>
> Your ever lovin peacenick to the end,
>
> Jeff

Hey, Jeff, a bit of the old vino mellows me right out. I am now at the age
where I can't remember who I hate and who I don't hate. In any event, it is
all foolishness like you say. When I am lost and gone astray I only remember
to attack Tom Sherman. He is always there for me. I don't know what I would
do if Tom Sherman ever deserted ARBR. There is just no one else who could
ever be such a perfect nemesis for me.

JimmyMac

Sep 12, 2007, 2:51:40 PM9/12/07
On Sep 1, 1:45 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 29, 3:40 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> >> Anyone who takes what is said on Usenet seriously is an idiot. Why?
> >> Because
> >> all human conversation requires a moderator (an editor). Without this
> >> prerequisite, all you get is nonsensical blather.
>
> >> But blather is not so bad once you accept that you cannot take it
> >> seriously.
> >> After all, we humans are basically just chattering monkeys and we should
> >> strive to have some fun while we do it.
>
> >> The Great Ed Dolan regards anyone with whom he has had extended
> >> correspondence on Usenet as essentially a friend! Yes, if you have
> >> responded
> >> to me and I to you, then that makes us friends in my book.
>
> > Kindly remove me from your book. We never have been nor will we ever
> > be friends.
>
> We are Usenet friends, not real friends of course.
>
> >> Tom Sherman, Jim McNamara, Jeff Grippe, Chris Foster - all friends.
>
> > I've never even made Tom's, Jeff's or Chris's acquaintance.
>
> Ah, but you have, here in the world of Usenet.

It takes more than the world of Usenet upon which to build a
friendship. I sincerely doubt that Tom, Jeff, or Chris consider me
anything more that a Usenet acquaintance and surely not a friend ... a
person that one knows knows well and regards with affection and
trust. Conan the Librarian, don't you even know the definition of the
word???

Jim McNamara

JimmyMac

Sep 12, 2007, 3:26:41 PM9/12/07
On Sep 2, 3:53 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "Jeff Grippe" <j...@door7.com> wrote in message

> > "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote in message
>
> >> "Jeff Grippe" <j...@door7.com> wrote in message

Jeff, I never felt that I needed Ed's assistance and I never requested
it. Ed found this unacceptable and responded with insults, but labels
me as immature as though his public insults were appropriate, adult
and mature in nature? What's a person to do. I just give him a dose
of his own from time to time and he doesn't much like it ... oh well.

> Jim was coming across as nothing but a long-winded
> bore.

Opinion stated as fact.

> He did not want to be helped,

...and, Ed could simply not accept this. Ed cannot accept any opinion
with which he does not agree.

> but notice how much better his posts are
> since I remonstrated with him. He is no longer long-winded, just a bore.

My posts are what they are and Ed should claim no responsibility
concerning their form or content as Ed Dolan has no influence upon me
whatsoever regardless of what he may think. Delusion must be such a
comfort.

> > I might feel the same way he does if I were in his shoes.
>
> Nope, you wouldn't because you are an adult and he is not.

Can no one have a thought without Ed telling them how to think when
their thought process just happens not to coincide with Eds?

> You should read
> his posts on ARBR from several years ago in connection with Ed Gin (Johnny
> NoCom, Fred, etc.) to see how he does not ever seem to have a clue about
> how Usenet works. Ed Gin is a fucking criminal vandal troll, but at least he
> knows how Usenet works.

More you should do this and you should do that ... CRAP!!!. When will
Ed Dolan realize what he should do is to refrain from telling everyone
else what they should do.

> > I heard a quote the other day that I thought you would like. I don't
> > remember it in Latin but the meaning is not lost in translation. It was on
> > an ancient tombstone. It said...
>
> > "I am what you will become"
>
> Yes, it is the same as my favorite:
>
> "Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again."
>
> - Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard
>
> Only 10 words, but it sums up the wisdom of the universe.

Can't wait for phase three to come to pass.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Sep 15, 2007, 2:25:32 AM9/15/07

> On Sep 1, 1:45 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

>> > Kindly remove me from your book. We never have been nor will we ever
>> > be friends.
>>
>> We are Usenet friends, not real friends of course.

>> > I've never even made Tom's, Jeff's or Chris's acquaintance.
>>
>> Ah, but you have, here in the world of Usenet.
>

> It takes more than the world of Usenet upon which to build a
> friendship. I sincerely doubt that Tom, Jeff, or Chris consider me
> anything more that a Usenet acquaintance and surely not a friend ... a
> person that one knows knows well and regards with affection and
> trust. Conan the Librarian, don't you even know the definition of the
> word???

Nope, anyone to whom you have constantly responded is a Usenet friend.
Remember, a Usenet friend is not a real friend, only a Usenet friend. Ask
Tom Sherman, Jeff Grippe and Chris Foster if we are not Usenet friends -
just as you and I are.

Best Regards,

Edward Dolan

Sep 15, 2007, 2:40:44 AM9/15/07

> On Sep 2, 3:53 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>> "Jeff Grippe" <j...@door7.com> wrote in message
[...]

Jim was floundering about with Ed Gin the same way he floundered about later
with Tom Sherman. When I see someone floundering about with a criminal
vandal troll like Ed Gin, I only want to help. And he did not know how to
handle Tom Sherman either. I am this world's foremost expert in how to
handle that particular individual.

Finally, he does not know how to handle me either. I do not know how you get
to be so clueless. I think it all springs from nothing but a wounded ego, a
juvenile trait. I am only helping Jim to grow up and act like an adult.

JimmyMac

Sep 16, 2007, 2:03:46 PM9/16/07
On Sep 15, 1:25 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Sep 1, 1:45 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> >> We are Usenet friends, not real friends of course.

> >> Ah, but you have, here in the world of Usenet.
>
> > It takes more than the world of Usenet upon which to build a
> > friendship. I sincerely doubt that Tom, Jeff, or Chris consider me
> > anything more that a Usenet acquaintance and surely not a friend ... a
> > person that one knows knows well and regards with affection and
> > trust. Conan the Librarian, don't you even know the definition of the
> > word???
>
> Nope, anyone to whom you have constantly responded is a Usenet friend.

Nope ... since you have no friends, you merely opt to reinvent and
distort the definition to delude yourself into believing that you have
friends. You have yet to progress beyond that stage of infancy when
children commonly have make-believe friends. How pitiful.

Jim McNamara

JimmyMac

Sep 16, 2007, 2:09:53 PM9/16/07
On Sep 15, 1:40 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Opinion stated as fact by one whose opinion matters not because he
matters not. Ed Dolan should take stock of himself and before
volunteering his assistance to others not in need of his help.
There's no fool like an old fool. The conundrum continues. - Jim
McNamara

Edward Dolan

Sep 18, 2007, 2:33:14 AM9/18/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The Jim McNamara-Ed Gin spat that took place on ARBR several years ago was
nothing if not a one-way admiration society. Jim remonstrated with Ed Gin
because he valued his friendship. Poor Jim never realized that Ed Gin was a
criminal vandal troll and not worthy of being remonstrated with. But Jim is
forever clueless. He does not know who his friends are. He thinks anyone who
disagrees with him is an enemy. Hells Bells, if I didn't have some regard
for him I would never bother to respond to any of his childish wailing.

Edward Dolan

Sep 18, 2007, 2:40:50 AM9/18/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anyone who wants to can look up your correspondence with Ed Gin and Tom
Sherman on ARBR and come away from the experience suitably embarrassed for
you. Admittedly, it takes years to know how to handle someone like Tom
Sherman, but Ed Gin was a no-brainer since he was nothing but a criminal
vandal troll.

JimmyMac

Sep 18, 2007, 4:10:19 PM9/18/07
If anyone is clueless about all this, it is Ed Dolan: As usual,
errant opinions are stated as facts. Unsubstantiated assertions is
all this amounts to.

1. A one-way admiration society??? I found nothing to admire about Ed
Gin. It should be obvious to all but the dunderhead Dolan that I
despised the guy.
2. Valued his friendship??? There was nothing to value as we Gin and
I were no longer friends ... DUH!!!
3. I realized what Gin was more than did Dolan as I knew him much
better, but I have long since stopped harping on the subject. I said
what I needed to say mad moved on. Dolan has yet to move on and
merely regurgitates the same old crap about Gin. You'd think he'd
give it a rest by now, but the guy is just fresh out of material.
4. I think that anyone who disagrees with me is not a friend???
Nothing could be further from the truth. I think that anyone who
disagrees with me does not share my point of view be him friend or
foe ... nothing more ... nothing less. It would be unrealistic to
expect someone to always be in complete agreement with you. If this
were a one's criterion for friendship, one would end up being
friendless. Maybe this is why Dolan is friendless. By his own
admission Dolan considers everyone with whom one has communicated with
in an internet forum, even though having never been formally
acquainted, to be a friend. I guess by his own definition then, Ed
Dolan and Ed Gin are friends. Now I ask you, what does Dolan know of
friendship? In a nutshell ... nothing. I just had a friend come all
the way from England to visit and ride with me. Among other things,
he gave me personalized jerseys, books and pictures signed by Lance
Armstrong. A lithograph was contained in a box upon which was
written ... To Jim, The best friend a man could have ... you mate from
across the pond! Roy. Do Roy and I agree about everything? Well,
no. Are we still the best of friends? Well, yes. We have a
friendship that the lonely, embittered hermit will never experience in
a lifetime.
5. Regard for me. Ed Dolan need not feel at all obligated to favor me
with responses since in doing so Ed includes me in his internet circle
of "friends" and I for one wish to go make this emphatically clear ...
Ed Dolan is not now, nor has he ever been my friend. If he considers
me to be a friend, he is delusional.

Jim McNamara

P.S. YES ... Top Post on purpose.

Edward Dolan

Sep 21, 2007, 6:21:34 AM9/21/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

> If anyone is clueless about all this, it is Ed Dolan: As usual,
> errant opinions are stated as facts. Unsubstantiated assertions is
> all this amounts to.
>
> 1. A one-way admiration society??? I found nothing to admire about Ed
> Gin. It should be obvious to all but the dunderhead Dolan that I
> despised the guy.

Yet you remonstrated with him. Why? He was nothing but a criminal vandal
troll.

> 2. Valued his friendship??? There was nothing to value as we Gin and

> I were no longer friends ... DUH!!!

You drove the entire newsgroup crazy by trying to shame him. Hells Bells,
you cannot shame a cretin like him.

I have never had any friends in my entire life. What are they good for, I
ask you?

> 5. Regard for me. Ed Dolan need not feel at all obligated to favor me
> with responses since in doing so Ed includes me in his internet circle
> of "friends" and I for one wish to go make this emphatically clear ...
> Ed Dolan is not now, nor has he ever been my friend. If he considers
> me to be a friend, he is delusional.

We are Usenet friends, not real friends of course.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

JimmyMac

Sep 22, 2007, 10:11:51 PM9/22/07
On Sep 21, 5:21 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
>
> > If anyone is clueless about all this, it is Ed Dolan: As usual,
> > errant opinions are stated as facts. Unsubstantiated assertions is
> > all this amounts to.
>
> > 1. A one-way admiration society??? I found nothing to admire about Ed
> > Gin. It should be obvious to all but the dunderhead Dolan that I
> > despised the guy.
>
> Yet you remonstrated with him. Why? He was nothing but a criminal vandal
> troll.

If Ed Dolan does not realize why by now, then he is suffering from
clue deficiency disorder..

> > 2. Valued his friendship??? There was nothing to value as we Gin and
> > I were no longer friends ... DUH!!!
>
> You drove the entire newsgroup crazy by trying to shame him. Hells Bells,
> you cannot shame a cretin like him.

Opinion stated as fact. Regardless, diversion duly noted. Ed Dolan
failed to address the issue of his errant assertion concerning my
friendship with Ed Gin with which I took exception. Whenever Ed Dolan
doesn't have an answer, he merely attempts to change the subject..

> > 3. I realized what Gin was more than did Dolan as I knew him much
> > better, but I have long since stopped harping on the subject. I said
> > what I needed to say mad moved on. Dolan has yet to move on and
> > merely regurgitates the same old crap about Gin. You'd think he'd
> > give it a rest by now, but the guy is just fresh out of material.

No response for good reason undoubtedly.

> > 4. I think that anyone who disagrees with me is not a friend???
> > Nothing could be further from the truth. I think that anyone who
> > disagrees with me does not share my point of view be him friend or
> > foe ... nothing more ... nothing less. It would be unrealistic to
> > expect someone to always be in complete agreement with you. If this
> > were a one's criterion for friendship, one would end up being
> > friendless. Maybe this is why Dolan is friendless. By his own
> > admission Dolan considers everyone with whom one has communicated with
> > in an internet forum, even though having never been formally
> > acquainted, to be a friend. I guess by his own definition then, Ed
> > Dolan and Ed Gin are friends. Now I ask you, what does Dolan know of
> > friendship? In a nutshell ... nothing. I just had a friend come all
> > the way from England to visit and ride with me. Among other things,
> > he gave me personalized jerseys, books and pictures signed by Lance
> > Armstrong. A lithograph was contained in a box upon which was
> > written ... To Jim, The best friend a man could have ... you mate from
> > across the pond! Roy. Do Roy and I agree about everything? Well,
> > no. Are we still the best of friends? Well, yes. We have a
> > friendship that the lonely, embittered hermit will never experience in
> > a lifetime.
>
> I have never had any friends in my entire life. What are they good for, I
> ask you?

It is not unreasonable to assume that Ed Dolan's very attitude is
precisely why he has never had a friend. His statement is both
telling and pitiful. Perhaps if Ed Dolan had made a single friend in
his life, then he would know what a friend is good for and would not
have to pose the question.

> > 5. Regard for me. Ed Dolan need not feel at all obligated to favor me
> > with responses since in doing so Ed includes me in his internet circle
> > of "friends" and I for one wish to go make this emphatically clear ...
> > Ed Dolan is not now, nor has he ever been my friend. If he considers
> > me to be a friend, he is delusional.
>
> We are Usenet friends, not real friends of course.

We are neither real friends nor Usenet friends. It takes two to form
a bond of friendship. Count me out. Acquaintance and friend are not
synonyms. You should know the difference. You were once a librarian
after all, but apparently not a very good one.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Sep 25, 2007, 4:12:19 AM9/25/07

> On Sep 21, 5:21 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!
>>
>> > If anyone is clueless about all this, it is Ed Dolan: As usual,
>> > errant opinions are stated as facts. Unsubstantiated assertions is
>> > all this amounts to.
>>
>> > 1. A one-way admiration society??? I found nothing to admire about Ed
>> > Gin. It should be obvious to all but the dunderhead Dolan that I
>> > despised the guy.
>>
>> Yet you remonstrated with him. Why? He was nothing but a criminal vandal
>> troll.
>
> If Ed Dolan does not realize why by now, then he is suffering from
> clue deficiency disorder..
>
>> > 2. Valued his friendship??? There was nothing to value as we Gin and
>> > I were no longer friends ... DUH!!!
>>
>> You drove the entire newsgroup crazy by trying to shame him. Hells Bells,
>> you cannot shame a cretin like him.
>
> Opinion stated as fact. Regardless, diversion duly noted. Ed Dolan
> failed to address the issue of his errant assertion concerning my
> friendship with Ed Gin with which I took exception. Whenever Ed Dolan
> doesn't have an answer, he merely attempts to change the subject..

Anyone who tries to reason with someone who has indicated he does not want
to be reasoned with is an idiot. Ed Gin was one thing and one thing only, a
criminal vandal troll. Only someone as stupid as Jim McNamara would think
that Ed Gin could be reasoned with. But Jim has been forever clueless. He is
truly an innocent child.

>> > 3. I realized what Gin was more than did Dolan as I knew him much
>> > better, but I have long since stopped harping on the subject. I said
>> > what I needed to say mad moved on. Dolan has yet to move on and
>> > merely regurgitates the same old crap about Gin. You'd think he'd
>> > give it a rest by now, but the guy is just fresh out of material.
>
> No response for good reason undoubtedly.

Ed Gin destroyed ARBR. Fuck that stupid bastard all the way to Hell and
back - and fuck all the stupid ARBR regulars who let it happen, most
particularly Tom Sherman. How you get to be that cowardly I will never know!

I still want to know what friends are good for? Teenagers need friends
because they are finding their way, but adults?

>> > 5. Regard for me. Ed Dolan need not feel at all obligated to favor me
>> > with responses since in doing so Ed includes me in his internet circle
>> > of "friends" and I for one wish to go make this emphatically clear ...
>> > Ed Dolan is not now, nor has he ever been my friend. If he considers
>> > me to be a friend, he is delusional.
>>
>> We are Usenet friends, not real friends of course.
>
> We are neither real friends nor Usenet friends. It takes two to form
> a bond of friendship. Count me out. Acquaintance and friend are not
> synonyms. You should know the difference. You were once a librarian
> after all, but apparently not a very good one.

If and when you stop responding to my messages, then I will KNOW that you
are NOT a Usenet friend.

By the way, I was way too intelligent to ever stay a lowly college
librarian. My true calling was that of a dilettante, one who knows many
things, but nothing too deeply. I leave that to the experts and the
professionals like Mr. Tom Sherman (a civil engineer). To be a professional
like him is the ultimate stupidity unless you think you are is what you do.
Fortunately for me, I have never thought that for single moment.

Regards,

JimmyMac

Sep 26, 2007, 10:12:15 AM9/26/07

ARBR readership please take note, that we should no longer attempt to
reason with Ed DOlan ad he has indicated that he does not want to be
reasoned with. He as much as said so when in the past he wrote ...
Well, I just don't care about agreeing with anyone about anything..

> Ed Gin was one thing and one thing only, a
> criminal vandal troll. Only someone as stupid as Jim McNamara would think
> that Ed Gin could be reasoned with. But Jim has been forever clueless. He is
> truly an innocent child.

Ed Dolan twice nos had failed to address the issue of his errant
assertion concerning my alleged friendship with Ed Gin with which I

took exception. Whenever Ed Dolan doesn't have an answer, he merely
attempts to change the subject.

> > No response for good reason undoubtedly.
>
> Ed Gin destroyed ARBR. Fuck that stupid bastard all the way to Hell and
> back - and fuck all the stupid ARBR regulars who let it happen, most
> particularly Tom Sherman. How you get to be that cowardly I will never know!

Ed Doaln did not address the issue raised, but has admirably made my
point. He has yet to move on long after Ed Gin has.

The fallacious conjecture proposed here is that teens all of whom are
in a process of finding themselves help one another reach that goal
through friendship and at a certain age beyond the teen years when we
become adults and have found ourselves we are no longer in need of
friendship. Ed Doaln having yet to experience friendship remains
clueless concerning something which most of us have come to value.

> >> We are Usenet friends, not real friends of course.
>
> > We are neither real friends nor Usenet friends. It takes two to form
> > a bond of friendship. Count me out. Acquaintance and friend are not
> > synonyms. You should know the difference. You were once a librarian
> > after all, but apparently not a very good one.
>
> If and when you stop responding to my messages, then I will KNOW that you
> are NOT a Usenet friend.

Not surprisingly, Ed Dolan has missed the point:

1. It take two to from any kind of friendship. Ed Dolan fails to
comprehend this elementary concept as a given.
2. Logical fallacy ... The assumption here is that responding to
messages is proof of what Ed Doaln refers to as Usenet friendship. Do
not enemies (including Usenet enemies) engage inf bitter disputes
(flamewars) in cyberspace? Perhaps this twisted logic is the basis
for protests when Tom Sherman periodically takes leave of ARBR. In
not responding to Dolan's posts, Ed feels that he has lost his Usenet
friend, Tom. For Ed Doaln, Usenet newsgroups (particularly ARBR) are
the source from which he garners his sense of accomplishment and self-
esteem. Without the lifeblood of the Usenet newsgroup audience (read
Usenet friends) to sustain him, Ed Dolan has nothing and is nothing.
What a pathetic, shallow existence.

> By the way, I was way too intelligent to ever stay a lowly college
> librarian. My true calling was that of a dilettante, one who knows many
> things, but nothing too deeply. I leave that to the experts and the
> professionals like Mr. Tom Sherman (a civil engineer). To be a professional
> like him is the ultimate stupidity unless you think you are is what you do.
> Fortunately for me, I have never thought that for single moment.

DILLETANTE - Showing frivolous or superficial interest and pretending
to have knowledge and/or expertise, an amateur who engages in an
activity without serious intentions. Thanks for the frank assessment
and revelation of just what and who you are.

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Oct 2, 2007, 5:14:27 AM10/2/07

> On Sep 25, 3:12 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

>> I still want to know what friends are good for? Teenagers need friends
>> because they are finding their way, but adults?
>
> The fallacious conjecture proposed here is that teens all of whom are
> in a process of finding themselves help one another reach that goal
> through friendship and at a certain age beyond the teen years when we
> become adults and have found ourselves we are no longer in need of
> friendship. Ed Doaln having yet to experience friendship remains
> clueless concerning something which most of us have come to value.

Poor Jim thinks he has some friends in this world but since he is no longer
a teenager I can assure him that he has no friends, only acquaintances.
Friends are strictly a teenager thing. Jim once thought that Ed Gin (the
criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR) was his friend, but of course he
was only an acquaintance - something that Ed Gin no doubt realized from day
one.
[...]

>> By the way, I was way too intelligent to ever stay a lowly college
>> librarian. My true calling was that of a dilettante, one who knows many
>> things, but nothing too deeply. I leave that to the experts and the
>> professionals like Mr. Tom Sherman (a civil engineer). To be a
>> professional

>> like him is the ultimate stupidity because you think you are is what you
>> do.
>> Fortunately for me, I have never thought that for a single moment.

> DILLETANTE - Showing frivolous or superficial interest and pretending
> to have knowledge and/or expertise, an amateur who engages in an
> activity without serious intentions. Thanks for the frank assessment
> and revelation of just what and who you are.

Not everyone can be a dilettante like me in as much as it requires both
intelligence and a certain disdain for all the common things of the world.
To engage in an activity with serious intentions marks you as a fool in my
book. I knew all this by the time I was 19 years of age. I guess most folks
just never grow up.

"Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again."

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard

Regards,

JimmyMac

Oct 14, 2007, 5:12:03 PM10/14/07
On Oct 2, 4:14 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ed Dolan throughout this entire thread has dodged the entire issue
concerning friendship ... what constitutes it and why normal people
place a value upon it. Ed specifically introduced Ed Gin (and Tom
Sherman) into this thread in a none too subtle attempt to divert the
attention of both me and the readership ... a typical tactic employed
by Ed when he finds his proverbial back against the wall. His ploy
didn't work and he knows that it. He also remains clueless regarding
friendship. Is it any wonder why the reclusive troglodyte is without
friends???

Jim McNamara

P.S. I apologize for having not TOP POSTED THIS.

Edward Dolan

Oct 15, 2007, 5:49:34 PM10/15/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> Ed Dolan throughout this entire thread has dodged the entire issue
> concerning friendship ... what constitutes it and why normal people
> place a value upon it.

Nope! I have categorically stated over and over that friendship among adults
is impossible. It is strictly for teenagers, the same way romantic love is
strictly for teenagers. Jeez, how many times do I have to say something
before it sinks in!

Men only relate to one another based on either a common activity or
interest. Anything else is imaginary in the extreme. However, I sometimes do
think women are capable of friendship, but not men.

Ed specifically introduced Ed Gin (and Tom
> Sherman) into this thread in a none too subtle attempt to divert the
> attention of both me and the readership ... a typical tactic employed
> by Ed when he finds his proverbial back against the wall. His ploy
> didn't work and he knows that it.

Ed Gin and Jim McNamara were the salt and pepper of this newsgroup, at least
long enough to destroy the group. Now all he wants to do is stalk. If it
weren't me, it would be somebody else. Just how pathetic can one get!

He also remains clueless regarding
> friendship. Is it any wonder why the reclusive troglodyte is without
> friends???

Poor Jim is the clueless one. He will find out hopefully before he dies just
how worthless his so-called "friends" are. He should ask himself why he
hates Ed Gin so much. Is it because he once fancied that they were friends?
How absurd. I would not waste one ounce of hatred on anyone since no one
matters to me in the slightest. But alas, many go to their graves believing
all kinds of nonsense.

Here is the one eternal truth for all to ponder:

JimmyMac

Oct 18, 2007, 9:10:45 PM10/18/07
On Oct 15, 4:49 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 2, 4:14 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> >> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> [...]

> >> PoorJimthinks he has some friends in this world but since he is no

> >> longer
> >> a teenager I can assure him that he has no friends, only acquaintances.
> >> Friends are strictly a teenager thing.Jimonce thought thatEdGin(the
> >> criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR) was his friend, but of course
> >> he
> >> was only an acquaintance - something thatEdGinno doubt realized from
> >EdDolan throughout this entire thread has dodged the entire issue
> > concerningfriendship... what constitutes it and why normal people

> > place a value upon it.
>
> Nope! I have categorically stated over and over thatfriendshipamong adults

> is impossible. It is strictly for teenagers, the same way romantic love is
> strictly for teenagers. Jeez, how many times do I have to say something
> before it sinks in!

And, yet in his own post ... Who the fuck is Ed Dolan anyway?... Ed
Dolan wrote ... I can be your worst enemy or your best friend. The
mans says (writes) one thing and then contardicts himself in the next
breath (post). So then, how can he expect anyone to take him
seriously even though he has been know to state ... I will stand by
every message I have ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts
will require some explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify
everything I have ever said to anyone??? Contradictory statement
would seem to qualify for some explanation, wouldn't you agree??? I
mean how can the man stand by contradictory statements??? The
conundrum continues!!!

Jim McNamara

> Men only relate to one another based on either a common activity or
> interest. Anything else is imaginary in the extreme. However, I sometimes do
> think women are capable offriendship, but not men.
>

> Edspecifically introducedEdGin(and Tom

> > Sherman) into this thread in a none too subtle attempt to divert the
> > attention of both me and the readership ... a typical tactic employed

> > byEdwhen he finds his proverbial back against the wall. His ploy

> > didn't work and he knows that it.
>

> EdGinandJimMcNamarawere the salt and pepper of this newsgroup, at least

> long enough to destroy the group. Now all he wants to do is stalk. If it
> weren't me, it would be somebody else. Just how pathetic can one get!
>
> He also remains clueless regarding
>
> >friendship. Is it any wonder why the reclusive troglodyte is without
> > friends???
>

> PoorJimis the clueless one. He will find out hopefully before he dies just

> how worthless his so-called "friends" are. He should ask himself why he

> hatesEdGinso much. Is it because he once fancied that they were friends?

> How absurd. I would not waste one ounce of hatred on anyone since no one
> matters to me in the slightest. But alas, many go to their graves believing
> all kinds of nonsense.
>
> Here is the one eternal truth for all to ponder:
>
> Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again.
>
> - Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard
>
> Regards,
>

> EdDolan the Great - Minnesota

Edward Dolan

Oct 19, 2007, 5:11:08 PM10/19/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> And, yet in his own post ... Who the fuck is Ed Dolan anyway?... Ed
> Dolan wrote ... I can be your worst enemy or your best friend. The
> mans says (writes) one thing and then contardicts himself in the next
> breath (post).

What gets said on one thread has no relevance to what gets said on another
thread. I could explain everything to even a blockhead like you, but I will
not bother since it is an imposition on others to conflate threads. Only you
would be dumb enough and tedious enough to do it. Unlike you, I write for
the group, just another one of many hallmarks of My Greatness.

So then, how can he expect anyone to take him
> seriously even though he has been know to state ... I will stand by
> every message I have ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts
> will require some explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify
> everything I have ever said to anyone??? Contradictory statement
> would seem to qualify for some explanation, wouldn't you agree??? I
> mean how can the man stand by contradictory statements??? The
> conundrum continues!!!

[...]

Nothing can be explained to a blockhead like you. Your blockheadedness does
not permit it. I suggest you consort more with your dog, man's best friend,
and less with the denizens of Usenet. I can assure you that you have no
friends here despite any delusions you might harbor. Everyone is weary of
your constant stalking which leads nowhere. In short, try to get a life if
you are capable of it.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

JimmyMac

Oct 21, 2007, 1:10:59 PM10/21/07
On Oct 19, 4:11 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>
> > And, yet in his own post ... Who the fuck is Ed Dolan anyway?... Ed
> > Dolan wrote ... I can be your worst enemy or your best friend. The
> > mans says (writes) one thing and then contardicts himself in the next
> > breath (post).
>
> What gets said on one thread has no relevance to what gets said on another
> thread.

Opinionated, errant assertion sated as fact.

> I could explain everything to even a blockhead like you, but I will
> not bother since it is an imposition on others to conflate threads. Only you
> would be dumb enough and tedious enough to do it. Unlike you, I write for
> the group, just another one of many hallmarks of My Greatness.

Conflate and reference are not synonyms and missue of the term dons
not change its meaning.

> So then, how can he expect anyone to take him> seriously even though he has been know to state ... I will stand by
> > every message I have ever posted to Usenet, bar none. Some of my posts
> > will require some explanation no doubt, but I can defend and justify
> > everything I have ever said to anyone??? Contradictory statement
> > would seem to qualify for some explanation, wouldn't you agree??? I
> > mean how can the man stand by contradictory statements??? The
> > conundrum continues!!!
>
> [...]
>
> Nothing can be explained to a blockhead like you. Your blockheadedness does
> not permit it. I suggest you consort more with your dog, man's best friend,
> and less with the denizens of Usenet. I can assure you that you have no
> friends here despite any delusions you might harbor. Everyone is weary of
> your constant stalking which leads nowhere. In short, try to get a life if
> you are capable of it.

Diversion duly noted. TRANSLATION: I, "Ed Dolan" do not stand by
every message I have ever posted to Usenet even though I have asserted
that I do. Although my posts often require some explanation, I will
defend and justify everything I have ever written even if I have to
contradict myself in doing so. What don't you blockheads understand
about me being the quintessential blockhead on ARBR??? Must I repeat
what I've said in the past so that you cretins understand ... When I
am on Usenet I try to be the biggest idiot, asshole and jerk of them
all. I set the standard for one and all. I believe I can state with
absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
Can't any of you poor bastards read?"

Tom Keats

Oct 21, 2007, 4:52:52 PM10/21/07
In article <1192986659.7...@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
JimmyMac <jimmy...@yahoo.com> writes:

> I believe I can state with
> absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
> and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
> dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
> Can't any of you poor bastards read?"

You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.

Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
(and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
"Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
Flush The Fashion album.)

I suggest you chill, take a deep breath, and enjoy
what's left of your life. And enjoy Ed's pronouncements
from a different approach. There's a word -- I'm not sure
if its "humility" or "humbleness", but it has to do with
not trying to stand taller than we really are. And a
bunch of words makes a lousy platform to stand on. That's
what Ed's been trying to get through your thick skull.
Standing on soapboxes and spouting-off drivel is a waste
of time, even if it momentarily makes you feel good, like
some kind of drug. You're tripping over your own ego like
loose shoelaces, because Ed affronts your ego.

Screw ego.

"Free your mind, and your ass will follow."
-- George Clinton

At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
and stop clogging my diskspace.

klahowya,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

Edward Dolan

Oct 25, 2007, 10:33:03 PM10/25/07

"Tom Keats" <tkeat...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Edward Dolan wrote:

>> I believe I can state with
>> absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
>> and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
>> dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
>> Can't any of you poor bastards read?"
>
> You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.

Tom, I had to give up drinking altogether as it was causing my left foot to
go numb. Go figure!

> Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
> (and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
> There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
> "Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
> Flush The Fashion album.)

Tom Keats has got me figured out to perfection.

> I suggest you chill, take a deep breath, and enjoy
> what's left of your life. And enjoy Ed's pronouncements
> from a different approach. There's a word -- I'm not sure
> if its "humility" or "humbleness", but it has to do with
> not trying to stand taller than we really are. And a
> bunch of words makes a lousy platform to stand on. That's
> what Ed's been trying to get through your thick skull.
> Standing on soapboxes and spouting-off drivel is a waste
> of time, even if it momentarily makes you feel good, like
> some kind of drug. You're tripping over your own ego like
> loose shoelaces, because Ed affronts your ego.

Wow ... now you will have Poor-Jim (all one name) coming after you, and if
you respond to his whing, he will stalk you like he has me. The main thing
is never to try to reason with such types. Like Peter Pan, Poor-Jim just
never grew up.

> Screw ego.

That is what I am all about - denigrating ego by exploding it to the nth
degree. Sometimes I do not think I have any ego at all, a most dangerous
situation if you want to go on living.

> "Free your mind, and your ass will follow."
> -- George Clinton
>
> At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
> and stop clogging my diskspace.

All good things must end, but it seems the bad things go on forever. The
only cure is death itself, an end devoutly to be wished for. In the
meantime, keep up the good work on those Vancouver docks there in soggy old
British Columbia. After all, we need that good shit from China.

Did I mention death? Yea, so time for the one eternal verity yet once again:

"Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again."

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard

Regards,

JimmyMac

Oct 25, 2007, 11:39:38 PM10/25/07
On Oct 21, 3:52 pm, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:
> In article <1192986659.768654.290...@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

JimmyMac

Oct 26, 2007, 12:22:11 AM10/26/07
On Oct 21, 3:52 pm, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:
> In article <1192986659.768654.290...@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
> JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > I believe I can state with
> > absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
> > and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
> > dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
> > Can't any of you poor bastards read?"
>
> You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.

Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
never acquired a taste fro martinis. If the imiplicaiton is that Ed
is driving me to drink or I need to be anesthetized because of him,
that just isn't so.

> Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
> (and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
> There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
> "Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
> Flush The Fashion album.)

Oh for sure. There is nothing really more to the guy. I know that.
Cyberspace is the arena where Ed Dolan morphs into what he really
wants to be. Usenet is his showcase and forums are his playpen ...
much to the bane of us all. One has to wonder though what he would do
if he were born in another era without a comupter an the internet.
Sure as shit, he'd be a lonely old recluse.

> I suggest you chill, take a deep breath, and enjoy
> what's left of your life. And enjoy Ed's pronouncements
> from a different approach. There's a word -- I'm not sure
> if its "humility" or "humbleness", but it has to do with
> not trying to stand taller than we really are. And a
> bunch of words makes a lousy platform to stand on. That's
> what Ed's been trying to get through your thick skull.
> Standing on soapboxes and spouting-off drivel is a waste
> of time, even if it momentarily makes you feel good, like
> some kind of drug. You're tripping over your own ego like
> loose shoelaces, because Ed affronts your ego.

I will never enjoy Ed's pronouncements as they are much to do about
nothing. Even he admits that ... "My messages almost never have
anything to do with any topic that is appropriate to any newsgroup."
Understand that I am not thick headed and I'm not trying to stand
taller than I am, but I'm also not diminutive as Ed would have the
readership believe. Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear. He has
succeeded with some. If he were 100% successful, he would be a victim
of his own success and no longer have a target audience upon whom to
spew his abusive invectives. Regardless, what Ed Dolan says of me or
anyone else does not define who and what we are as a person. I fail
to comprehend why you would consider what I have written to be ego-
driven soapbox drivel and consider what Ed write to be anything else.
Ed disrespects just about everyone so it is difficult to consider what
Ed writes to be an affront to my ego. It is harly as though I have
been singled out for such treatment. Your is an interesting
perspective though a tad one sided. Like I said above, I wouldn't
mind sitting down and discussing this over a couple of drinks. Might
even try one of the infamous martinis of yours. I know that Ed hopes
that what you've written will somehow motivate me to "stalk" you, but
that's just not going to happen. You expressed an opinion with which
I happen to not totally agree with and that is what Ed considers
grounds for being "stalked", but he will be proven wrong. My ego is
not as delicate as Ed would have the readership believe.

> Screw ego.

Depends. Is she hot???

> "Free your mind, and your ass will follow."
> -- George Clinton
>
> At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
> and stop clogging my diskspace.

Now that wasn't very nice. Why have you not extended your invitation
to Dolan? Unless you are Mr. Google himself, not a single byte of
what I have written ever finds its way onto your hard disk. Besides,
Ed's openly boasted that he is the most prolific poster on ARBR, so if
you're up for the hunt, why not go for big game? If all this banter
really bothers you, stop reading it or just have two of those martinis
of yours and chill out.

Jim McNamara

Tom Sherman

Oct 26, 2007, 7:33:15 PM10/26/07
JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
> On Oct 21, 3:52 pm, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:
>> In article <1192986659.768654.290...@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

>> You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.
>
> Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
> never acquired a taste fro martinis....

Or wheat beer - what a heathen!

Why bother with other forms of consumable alcohol, when there is so much
beer available?

Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Edward Dolan

Oct 28, 2007, 10:56:21 AM10/28/07

> On Oct 21, 3:52 pm, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:
>> In article <1192986659.768654.290...@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,
>> JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>> > I believe I can state with
>> > absolute assurance that I am the Greatest Idiot, the Greatest Asshole
>> > and the Greatest Jerk that Usenet has ever known in its' long and
>> > dishonored history. For Christ's sakes, I prove it every time I post.
>> > Can't any of you poor bastards read?"
>>
>> You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.
>
> Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
> never acquired a taste fro martinis. If the imiplicaiton is that Ed
> is driving me to drink or I need to be anesthetized because of him,
> that just isn't so.

Jim is strictly a beer drinker like all low class folks from Chicagoland.

>> Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
>> (and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
>> There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
>> "Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
>> Flush The Fashion album.)
>
> Oh for sure. There is nothing really more to the guy. I know that.
> Cyberspace is the arena where Ed Dolan morphs into what he really
> wants to be. Usenet is his showcase and forums are his playpen ...
> much to the bane of us all. One has to wonder though what he would do
> if he were born in another era without a comupter an the internet.
> Sure as shit, he'd be a lonely old recluse.

Alone, but never lonely!

Poor-Jim (all one name) is a stalker and nothing more. Hells Bells, that is
all he has ever done on Usenet. Just ask Ed Gin and Tom Sherman. I never
take such types seriously.
[...]

>> At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
>> and stop clogging my diskspace.
>
> Now that wasn't very nice. Why have you not extended your invitation
> to Dolan? Unless you are Mr. Google himself, not a single byte of
> what I have written ever finds its way onto your hard disk. Besides,
> Ed's openly boasted that he is the most prolific poster on ARBR, so if
> you're up for the hunt, why not go for big game? If all this banter
> really bothers you, stop reading it or just have two of those martinis
> of yours and chill out.

See how delicate Jim's ego is? The thing to do is to flatter him about how
well he can write the Queen's English. Yea, just do that and all will be
right with the world. But the problem is that he can't think. You need a
brain for that.

But enough of these trifles. The lesson here for everyone is to become GREAT
like ME! Failing that, the least you can do is worship my every word. After
all, you don't want me to think I am casting pearls before swine - do you?

Edward Dolan

Oct 28, 2007, 11:17:14 AM10/28/07

"Tom Sherman" <sunset...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
>> On Oct 21, 3:52 pm, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:
>>> In article <1192986659.768654.290...@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

>>> You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.
>>
>> Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
>> never acquired a taste fro martinis....
>
> Or wheat beer - what a heathen!
>
> Why bother with other forms of consumable alcohol, when there is so much
> beer available?

I have given up my beloved Livingston Cellars Red Rose vino as I find my
feet are going numb. I know there is a lot of sugar in wine, so I may be
getting diabetic. In any event, it is best not to drink - period.

I never did drink until I was 66 when I got a diagnosis of prostate cancer.
So I figured - what the hell - let me see what I've been missing all these
years by not drinking. After about 4 years of drinking (more and more with
each passing month) I can truthfully say that I did not miss much, unless
you consider a deterioration in one's health a good outcome.

The bottom line is that hooch is hooch and it doesn't matter much how you
take it. I have always preferred an ascetic life in any event and now I am
returning to it before I depart this vale of tears.

"Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again."

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard

Regards,

Mike Vandeman

Oct 28, 2007, 4:42:32 PM10/28/07
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:56:21 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net>
wrote:

You need to start thinking about where to store these pearls for
future generations. Is the Smithsonian enough for you, or maybe the
prestigious U.C. Berkeley Bancroft Library. Losing insights like these
is unthinkable!

After
>all, you don't want me to think I am casting pearls before swine - do you?
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

JimmyMac

Oct 31, 2007, 11:08:01 AM10/31/07

Tom ... Ed Dolan asserts that even you of infinite patience grew weary
of me, stopped reading what I write and can't stand me. Well thanks
for proving that the GRATE one is again ... WRONG!!! As concerns
beer. I appreciate a good beer, have visited many a renowned brewery
throughout the world in my travels and even make my own in the winter
months, but I'm not a big wheat fan preferring my wheat in the form of
flakes (read Wheaties) . - Jim McNamara

JimmyMac

Oct 31, 2007, 11:22:58 AM10/31/07
On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 21, 3:52 pm, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:

> >> You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.
>
> > Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
> > never acquired a taste fro martinis. If the imiplicaiton is that Ed
> > is driving me to drink or I need to be anesthetized because of him,
> > that just isn't so.
>
> Jim is strictly a beer drinker like all low class folks from Chicagoland.

Before you open your yap, and embarrass yourself, you should get your
facts straight. I happen to also enjoy win, but not the cheap shit
you drink, whiskey, rum, gin, etc.

> >> Y'see: Ed is just being /you/. Mockingly "doing" you
> >> (and me and everybody else,) anyway. Talk, talk, talk.
> >> There's a mouldy-oldy Rock 'n Roll song called just that:
> >> "Talk Talk" (Alice Cooper covered it nicely in his
> >> Flush The Fashion album.)
>
> > Oh for sure. There is nothing really more to the guy. I know that.
> > Cyberspace is the arena where Ed Dolan morphs into what he really
> > wants to be. Usenet is his showcase and forums are his playpen ...
> > much to the bane of us all. One has to wonder though what he would do

> > if he were born in another era without a computer an the internet.

> > Sure as shit, he'd be a lonely old recluse.
>
> Alone, but never lonely!

Yeah ... you have your Willy or your Peter (whatever you call it) to
keep you company. You are alone because no one can tolerate you.

Since you responded to my reply to Tom Keats, I ask you ... who then
is the stalker here?

> >> At any rate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd just shuddup
> >> and stop clogging my diskspace.
>
> > Now that wasn't very nice. Why have you not extended your invitation
> > to Dolan? Unless you are Mr. Google himself, not a single byte of
> > what I have written ever finds its way onto your hard disk. Besides,
> > Ed's openly boasted that he is the most prolific poster on ARBR, so if
> > you're up for the hunt, why not go for big game? If all this banter
> > really bothers you, stop reading it or just have two of those martinis
> > of yours and chill out.
>
> See how delicate Jim's ego is? The thing to do is to flatter him about how
> well he can write the Queen's English. Yea, just do that and all will be
> right with the world. But the problem is that he can't think. You need a
> brain for that.

There was not ego involvement in those statements. You must have a
very large brain, to hold so much ignorance.

> But enough of these trifles. The lesson here for everyone is to become GREAT
> like ME! Failing that, the least you can do is worship my every word. After
> all, you don't want me to think I am casting pearls before swine - do you?

Delusion must be so comforting.

Tom Sherman

Oct 31, 2007, 9:09:00 PM10/31/07
JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
> On Oct 26, 6:33 pm, Tom Sherman <sunsetss0...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:

>>> Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
>>> never acquired a taste fro martinis....
>> Or wheat beer - what a heathen!
>>
>> Why bother with other forms of consumable alcohol, when there is so much
>> beer available?
>
> Tom ... Ed Dolan asserts that even you of infinite patience grew weary
> of me, stopped reading what I write and can't stand me. Well thanks
> for proving that the GRATE one is again ... WRONG!!! As concerns
> beer. I appreciate a good beer, have visited many a renowned brewery
> throughout the world in my travels and even make my own in the winter
> months, but I'm not a big wheat fan preferring my wheat in the form of
> flakes (read Wheaties) . - Jim McNamara

We have two great breweries locally (Lakefront [1] and Sprecher [2]) and
a couple more in state in Capital [3] and New Glarus [4], so I see no
need to go afar for beer. So much beer, so little time!

It is nice to support local wheat farmers by drinking beer [5].

[1] <http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com/>
[2] <http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/index.php>
[3] <http://www.capital-brewery.com/>
[4] <http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/index.htm>
[5] <http://www.islandwheat.com/>

Tom Sherman

Oct 31, 2007, 9:12:29 PM10/31/07
JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:

> Before you open your yap, and embarrass yourself, you should get your
> facts straight. I happen to also enjoy wine, but not the cheap shit

> you drink, whiskey, rum, gin, etc.

Only the Irish variety, and not Scottish, of distilled grain alcohol?

When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?

Edward Dolan

Nov 1, 2007, 5:45:26 AM11/1/07

> On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

>> Alone, but never lonely!
>
> Yeah ... you have your Willy or your Peter (whatever you call it) to
> keep you company. You are alone because no one can tolerate you.

Here is Jimbo showing his true colors. He is really not any different than
Ed Gin, the criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR. His genteel manner is
only a mask for his essential vulgarity.
[...]

JimmyMac

Nov 1, 2007, 9:08:47 AM11/1/07
On Oct 26, 6:33 pm, Tom Sherman <sunsetss0...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I do like beer, have often visited breweries around the world in my
travels and even make beer in the winter, but I am not a big fan of
wheat beer preferring my wheat to come in the form of flakes (read
Wheaties). - Jim McNamara

JimmyMac

Nov 1, 2007, 9:17:54 AM11/1/07
On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 21, 3:52 pm, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:

> >> You need at least a couple of my infamous martinis.
>
> > Although I'd gladly sit down and have a drink or two with you, I've
> > never acquired a taste fro martinis. If the imiplicaiton is that Ed
> > is driving me to drink or I need to be anesthetized because of him,
> > that just isn't so.
>
> Jim is strictly a beer drinker like all low class folks from Chicagoland.

If one is going to be class consciousness, one should first get
some... class that is. What we have here is a typical reply
stereotyping an entire group of people with a conclusion that does not
follow from the premise. Class and the type of alcohol consumed or
not consumed have no significant relationship or correlation, but that
didn't hinder Dolan from running his mouth about that which he knows
preciously little. And, I am not strictly a beer drinker and
asserting that I am does not alter reality.

Jim McNamara

JimmyMac

Nov 1, 2007, 9:21:56 AM11/1/07
On Oct 31, 8:09 pm, Tom Sherman <sunsetss0...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com>

There are some good craft-brewers in this lot. The wino Dolan will
never appreciate a good beer.

JimmyMac

Nov 1, 2007, 9:29:44 AM11/1/07
On Nov 1, 4:45 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> [...]
> >> Alone, but never lonely!
>
> > Yeah ... you have your Willy or your Peter (whatever you call it) to
> > keep you company. You are alone because no one can tolerate you.
>
> Here is Jimbo showing his true colors. He is really not any different than
> Ed Gin, the criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR. His genteel manner is
> only a mask for his essential vulgarity.
> [...]

Opinion stated as facl. Ed Dloan just can't take a joke. I guess
when you are Dolan's age, your short term memory fails you or the
misogynist would surely recall the vulgarity that he has spewed at
various female members that have since departed ARBR, not that the
male gender has been spared his vulgarity, mind you.

Edward Dolan

Nov 2, 2007, 4:20:54 AM11/2/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> There are some good craft-brewers in this lot. The wino Dolan will
> never appreciate a good beer.

Hooch is hooch and it does not matter how you take it. The most disgusting
drunks I have ever witnessed have been beer drunks. We winos are altogether
a superior lot. However, it is better not to drink at all. Too much hooch
causes your feet to go numb.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great

Edward Dolan

Nov 2, 2007, 4:39:19 AM11/2/07

> On Nov 1, 4:45 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> > Yeah ... you have your Willy or your Peter (whatever you call it) to
>> > keep you company. You are alone because no one can tolerate you.
>>
>> Here is Jimbo showing his true colors. He is really not any different
>> than
>> Ed Gin, the criminal vandal troll who destroyed ARBR. His genteel manner
>> is
>> only a mask for his essential vulgarity.
>> [...]
>
> Opinion stated as facl. Ed Dloan just can't take a joke. I guess
> when you are Dolan's age, your short term memory fails you or the
> misogynist would surely recall the vulgarity that he has spewed at
> various female members that have since departed ARBR, not that the
> male gender has been spared his vulgarity, mind you.

Any vulgarity I have ever directed to anyone, male or female, has been
richly deserved.

Many of the former women posters to these cycling newgroups have been truly
digusting and a disgrace to womankind. One thing is for sure, I do not
believe there has ever been a single lady on any of these cycling
newsgroups. Hey, I treat a lady like a lady and a tramp like a tramp. I know
that some of you misdirected cretins go just the opposite of that, but that
is your mistake, not mine.

Only truly vulgar folks resort to sexual innuendo. It is ALWAYS the mark of
a cad. It is why Jim McNamara (and Perry Butler of Fergus Falls, Minnesota)
are cads and why Tom Sherman is NOT a cad. Of course, it would behoove all
of you to become more like me, a paragon of virtue and Saintliness.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great

Edward Dolan

Nov 2, 2007, 5:09:42 AM11/2/07

> On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

>> Jim is strictly a beer drinker like all low class folks from Chicagoland.
>
> If one is going to be class consciousness, one should first get
> some... class that is. What we have here is a typical reply
> stereotyping an entire group of people with a conclusion that does not
> follow from the premise. Class and the type of alcohol consumed or
> not consumed have no significant relationship or correlation, but that
> didn't hinder Dolan from running his mouth about that which he knows
> preciously little. And, I am not strictly a beer drinker and
> asserting that I am does not alter reality.

You would have to have been a hospital corpsman in the Navy for 4 years and
have had to deal with drunken sailors to know what I am talking about. These
guys all got stinking drunk as skunks on beer every god damn fucking
weekend. They did not even know what wine was, let alone a good whiskey. A
more egregious band of louts you would never want to meet this side of Hell.

Furthermore, everyone in the world knows that Chicago and its hinterland is
a land of beer drinking louts just as is the enlisted military of all the
services (not just the Navy). New Yorkers have some class. I have never
heard of anyone from Chicago having any class. Hells Bells, every time Jim
McNamara (and Ed Gin, etc.) post to these honorable cycling newsgroups we
bear witness to just this fact. Yea, they are low class slobs who only know
how to drink beer and make sexual innuendoes when backed into a corner.

Tom Sherman, even though I believe he does live in the Chicago hinterland,
does not fall into the above class of human being. He spent a boyhood in the
lovely state of Wisconsin and this has saved him from a fate worse than
death.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great

Tom Keats

Nov 3, 2007, 6:42:43 AM11/3/07
In article <1193372531.8...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
JimmyMac <jimmy...@yahoo.com> writes:

> Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
> insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

No.

It's to make us think about what we're doing and saying.
Which is, in a word: nothing of substance. Just a bunch
of the same old predictable, circular razmatazz.

Think about it.

A keyboard is a pretty crummy interface to the real world.

A bicycle is a pretty good interface to the real world.

(A pair of feet is even better in some respects.)

Anyways, you obviously haven't disappeared yet, despite
your perceived notions of Ed trying to annihilate you
and "make you disappear."

Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
involved with real bikes. And ride them. Get away
from the 'puter -- in fact, maybe just turn it off.

And relax a little. Breathe air instead of bytes.
Eat food instead of Usenet posts. Go somewhere real
instead of cybereal. Get your hands dirty. Eat a peach.
Know what you are, who you are, where you are going, and
don't let the Ed Dolans of the world get you down. Use
'em to raise you up.

cheers,
Tom

--
"Silently falling ..."
-- Chris Squire/Fish Out of Water

Edward Dolan

Nov 3, 2007, 7:29:38 AM11/3/07

"Tom Keats" <tkeat...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

The trouble with so many on these newsgroups is that they actually take this
shit seriously. I am having a good laugh every time I read and answer a
post. If I weren't I would be long gone.

You said it best sometime ago when you said screw ego! The trouble is that
types like Jim McNamara can never do that. He is mired in eternal
adolescence where his self image depends on what others think and say about
him. I left that world behind over 55 years ago.

Keep up the good work there on the docks of rancid old Vancouver in soggy
old British Columbia. Xmas is coming and we would be lost without all that
good shit coming from China.

Speaking of eating peaches ...

No! I am not Prince Hamlet, nor was meant to be;
Am an attendant lord, one that will do
To swell a progress, start a scene or two,
Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,
Deferential, glad to be of use,
Politic, cautious, and meticulous;
Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;
At times, indeed, almost ridiculous--
Almost, at times, the Fool.

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind? Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me.

I have seen them riding seaward on the waves
Combing the white hair of the waves blown back
When the wind blows the water white and black.
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea
By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown
Till human voices wake us, and we drown.

- The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot (excerpt)

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great

Tom Sherman

Nov 3, 2007, 7:34:40 AM11/3/07
Tom Keats wrote:
> In article <1193372531.8...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> JimmyMac <jimmy...@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
>> insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.

> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> involved with real bikes....

Nice troll.

I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?

gotbent

Nov 3, 2007, 8:40:13 AM11/3/07

"Tom Sherman" <sunset...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message

Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
of the stuff.

Edward Dolan

Nov 3, 2007, 2:12:53 PM11/3/07

"gotbent" <got...@spamtrap.com> wrote in message

Jesus Christ God Almighty and the Freaking Holy Ghost ... do not bring back
that episode here on ARBR or who knows, even the Devil himself (Ed Gin) may
be back! Let sleeping dogs lie!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great

JimmyMac

Nov 5, 2007, 8:09:21 PM11/5/07
On Nov 2, 2:20 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>
> > There are some good craft-brewers in this lot. The wino Dolan will
> > never appreciate a good beer.
>
> Hooch is hooch and it does not matter how you take it.

What I stated above, is fact. What you stated just below it, is
opinion stated as fact. You will never know the difference or care
about the difference either, since you are admittedly only about
unsubstantiated opinion, not that anyone particularly values your
opinion other than Mike V. of the mutual admiration society.

Jim McNamara.

JimmyMac

Nov 5, 2007, 8:18:42 PM11/5/07
On Nov 2, 2:20 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>
> > There are some good craft-brewers in this lot. The wino Dolan will
> > never appreciate a good beer.
>
> Hooch is hooch and it does not matter how you take it.

Anyone who refers to any and all varieties alcohol as though they were
an illicitly distilled (and usually inferior) alcoholic liquor (read
hooch by definition), should not be considered an authority to be
taken at his word with regard to the consumption or appreciation of
said substance. - Jim Mcnamara

JimmyMac

Nov 5, 2007, 8:24:10 PM11/5/07
On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" <gotb...@spamtrap.com> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <sunsetss0...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Tom Keats wrote:

> >> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> >> involved with real bikes....
>
> > Nice troll.
>
> > I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?
>
> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?
>
> Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
> of the stuff.
>
> --

Getbent gotbent. In fact, I have ridden my recumbetn only ne m

JimmyMac

Nov 5, 2007, 8:28:20 PM11/5/07
On Nov 3, 6:40 am, "gotbent" <gotb...@spamtrap.com> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <sunsetss0...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Tom Keats wrote:

> >> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> >> involved with real bikes....
>
> > Nice troll.
>
> > I believe that Jim McNamara also rides upright bicycles. Correct?
>
> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> > When did ignorance of biology become a "family value"?
>
> Does Jimmy soften his saddle with linseed oil? We hear that he has gallons
> of the stuff.

Getbet gotbent. In fact, I've ridden 5500 miles ridden since March...
1187 on my recumbent and rest (the majority) on my upright (real
bike).

Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Nov 6, 2007, 3:46:19 AM11/6/07

> On Nov 2, 2:20 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> [...]
>>
>> > There are some good craft-brewers in this lot. The wino Dolan will
>> > never appreciate a good beer.
>>
>> Hooch is hooch and it does not matter how you take it.
>
> What I stated above, is fact. What you stated just below it, is
> opinion stated as fact. You will never know the difference or care
> about the difference either, since you are admittedly only about
> unsubstantiated opinion, not that anyone particularly values your
> opinion other than Mike V. of the mutual admiration society.

I receive my opinions from on high (Heaven) whereas you receive your
opinions from below (Hell). That is all you know and all you need to know.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Edward Dolan

Nov 6, 2007, 3:49:49 AM11/6/07

> On Nov 2, 2:20 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> [...]
>>
>> > There are some good craft-brewers in this lot. The wino Dolan will
>> > never appreciate a good beer.
>>
>> Hooch is hooch and it does not matter how you take it.
>
> Anyone who refers to any and all varieties alcohol as though they were
> an illicitly distilled (and usually inferior) alcoholic liquor (read
> hooch by definition), should not be considered an authority to be
> taken at his word with regard to the consumption or appreciation of
> said substance. - Jim Mcnamara

You badly need to take a refresher course in elementary chemistry. Folks
drink for the alcoholic content, not for any other reason.
[...]

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

JimmyMac

Nov 6, 2007, 3:40:52 PM11/6/07

An erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the
contrary is a comforting thing. Its called delusion ... the mind-
numbing opiate of the Minnesota hermit.

JimmyMac

Nov 6, 2007, 3:42:11 PM11/6/07
On Nov 3, 4:42 am, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:
> In article <1193372531.832023.161...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

JimmyMac

Nov 6, 2007, 4:38:05 PM11/6/07
On Nov 3, 4:42 am, tkeats2...@hotmail.com (Tom Keats) wrote:
> In article <1193372531.832023.161...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
> JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Ed insults me for the very same reason that he
> > insults others here, for the purpose of making one disappear.
>
> No.
>
> It's to make us think about what we're doing and saying.

Personally I don't think that Dolan is in a position to offer much in
the way of anything worthwhile in that respect. I have yet to feel
inspired of even challenged his "insightful wisdom" and I certainly
don't value the man's opinion.

> Which is, in a word: nothing of substance. Just a bunch
> of the same old predictable, circular razmatazz.

S,o then you agree that what Ed Dolan has to offer is little more than
the same old banal, recycled and regurgitated inane gibberish.

> Think about it.
>
> A keyboard is a pretty crummy interface to the real world.

Agreed. In this regard, I once wrote ... for Ed Dolan, the computer
and the Internet are merely tools that fill a social void. By his own
admission, Ed lives detached in reclusive solitude, devoid of real-
life interpersonal relationships. Absorbed in his own wayward drama,
Internet forums have become Ed's cyberspace playpen and serve as
ersatz social interaction that only momentarily disrupts his otherwise
self-sequestered isolation.

Trust me, Ed Dolan is not my role model and this will never become in
my future.

> A bicycle is a pretty good interface to the real world.

And, a mobile one too.

> (A pair of feet is even better in some respects.)

Yep, things pass by less quickly and consequently can be absorbed and
appreciated more.

> Anyways, you obviously haven't disappeared yet, despite
> your perceived notions of Ed trying to annihilate you
> and "make you disappear."

I may disappear though as this is arguably a waste of time and
energy.

> Maybe you should forego your recumbents and get back
> involved with real bikes. And ride them. Get away
> from the 'puter -- in fact, maybe just turn it off.

You must not have seen my reply in this regard, but I suspect that I
have ridden my bike more than many on this forum in the past 8 months
(5500 miles... 1186 on my recumbent and 4314 on my "real bike").

My "REAL BIKE" specifications:

Frame - Spectrum Cycles/Merlin 60.5cm titanium

Component Group - Shimano Dura-Ace 10-spd

Brake calipers - Ciamillo Zero Gravity 0G-07 Ti

Crankset - FC-R700 Compact (175mm)

Chainrings - 50-34

Cassette - 12-23

Chain - Wippermnan (Connex 10S8)

Pedals - Shimano Dura-Ace (PD-7810)

Wheelset - Mavic Kysrium SSC SL S3 (clincher)

Fork - Reynolds UL (43mm rake)

Headset - Chris King w/matching Chris King precision headset spacers
and stem cap (pewter)

Handlebar Stem - Deda Elementi Zero100 Servizio Corse (120mm, Dark
Metal Polish)

Handlebar - Deda Elementi Newton 31, anatomic (44cm, Dark Metal
Polish)

Seatpost - Thompson Masterpiece (31.6mm)

Saddle - Selle Italia PROlink light Gel Flow (black),

Tires/Tubes - Hutchinson Fusion Comp clinchers (700x23 w/gray stripe)

Bar Tape - Cinelli cork (black)

Ceramic Bearing Upgrades - Full Speed Ahead (CeramicSpeed) for
wheelset and Velo Carbon Racing Components bottom bracket and
derailleur pulleys

I trust that you will agree that a bike of this quality approaching
$7000 constitutes a "real bike" and the miles that I've ridden are
indicative of someone who devotes a significant amount of time in the
saddle and away from the computer upon which I still do spend entirely
too much time.

> And relax a little. Breathe air instead of bytes.
> Eat food instead of Usenet posts. Go somewhere real
> instead of cybereal. Get your hands dirty. Eat a peach.
> Know what you are, who you are, where you are going, and
> don't let the Ed Dolans of the world get you down. Use
> 'em to raise you up.

I have to say that this is mostly good advise except for that last
part maybe about Ed Dolan raising me up although I have to admit, the
depths to which he has sunk is uplifting in its own right. In this
regard, I once wrote ... It must really suck to be head swollen ...
HEAD Dolan. With no one allegedly worthy of his companionship, the
reclusive, sanctimonious hermit has little more than ARBR from which
to derive meaning in his life. Usenet newsgroups (particularly ARBR)
has assumed an exaggerated prominence in his hierarchical order of
relevance and emerged as the source from which Ed garners his sense of
accomplishment and self-esteem. Regardless of his expressed opinion
of the readership, without the lifeblood of the Usenet newsgroup
audience to sustain him, Ed Dolan has nothing and is nothing. What a
pathetic, shallow existence. Pity the cantankerous, misguided
troglodyte.

Rest assured that I do breathe real air, eat real food, go places
real, enjoy getting my hands dirty and didn't take all of that so
literally as not to read the message embedded between the lines and
appreciate your concern. Do not misinterpret what that I have
written. Know that I am comfortable with what and who I am and with
the direction in which I am headed. Know too that, try as they may,
the Ed Dolan's and Mike Vandeman's of the world do not, cannot and
will not ever define what and who I am.

I wish I were in California right about now. The raw weather here in
Chicago this time of year is not conducive to riding. - Jim McNamara

JimmyMac

Nov 6, 2007, 4:53:52 PM11/6/07
On Nov 6, 2:49 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Nov 2, 2:20 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> >> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> [...]
>
> >> Hooch is hooch and it does not matter how you take it.
>
> > Anyone who refers to any and all varieties alcohol as though they were
> > an illicitly distilled (and usually inferior) alcoholic liquor (read
> > hooch by definition), should not be considered an authority to be
> > taken at his word with regard to the consumption or appreciation of
> > said substance. - Jim McNamara

> You badly need to take a refresher course in elementary chemistry. Folks
> drink for the alcoholic content, not for any other reason.
> [...]
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Bullshit. This has nothing to do with chemistry. To subscribe to
your line of reasoning is to assert that people would drink any and
all kinds of alcohol for one and the same reason which is patently
absurd and flies in the face of logic since it is obvious the drinkers
do have distinct preferences.. Why else, for instance, would one
person be a scotch drinker and another be a wine or beer drinker? You
want elementary? Thats elementary! Why is that concept so difficult
for you to grasp? I guess I should expect nothing more from someone
who drinks only bottom of the barrel, dirt cheap wine. There's no
accounting for taste, especially when one has none! - Jim McNamara

JimmyMac

Nov 6, 2007, 5:06:09 PM11/6/07
On Nov 2, 3:09 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Oct 28, 9:56 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> [...]
> >> Jim is strictly a beer drinker like all low class folks from Chicagoland.
>
> > If one is going to be class consciousness, one should first get
> > some... class that is. What we have here is a typical reply
> > stereotyping an entire group of people with a conclusion that does not
> > follow from the premise. Class and the type of alcohol consumed or
> > not consumed have no significant relationship or correlation, but that
> > didn't hinder Dolan from running his mouth about that which he knows
> > preciously little. And, I am not strictly a beer drinker and
> > asserting that I am does not alter reality.
>
> You would have to have been a hospital corpsman in the Navy for 4 years and
> have had to deal with drunken sailors to know what I am talking about. These
> guys all got stinking drunk as skunks on beer every god damn fucking
> weekend. They did not even know what wine was, let alone a good whiskey. A
> more egregious band of louts you would never want to meet this side of Hell.
>
> Furthermore, everyone in the world knows that Chicago and its hinterland is
> a land of beer drinking louts just as is the enlisted military of all the
> services (not just the Navy). New Yorkers have some class. I have never
> heard of anyone from Chicago having any class. Hells Bells, every time Jim
> McNamara (and Ed Gin, etc.) post to these honorable cycling newsgroups we
> bear witness to just this fact. Yea, they are low class slobs who only know
> how to drink beer and make sexual innuendoes when backed into a corner.

What we have here is another sterling example of Ed Dolan's
slanderous, farcical broad brush stereotyping of all who reside in a
particular geographical area. I guess I have to repeat myself so that
my message can seep into the thick skull of this doddering old dolt .
I enjoy some other forms of alcohol other than beer, but can't recall
the last time I was drunk. Consumption to excess does not constitute
enjoyment for me. Does this mean that by Ed's requisites I must now
have to vacate the Chicago hinterland???

JimmyMac

Nov 6, 2007, 5:13:43 PM11/6/07
On Nov 3, 5:29 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "Tom Keats" <tkeats2...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > In article <1193372531.832023.161...@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,

Learning come from repetition so why then does not Ed Dlaon lear form
repetition? OK ... One more time ... try as they may, the Ed Dolan's

and Mike Vandeman's of the world do not, cannot and will not ever

define what and who I am. Let me make it even more clear for you by
repeating what I have said countless times before. Your opinion
matters not, because you matter not. Now could not have said that any
more plainly?

Tom Sherman

Nov 6, 2007, 7:37:09 PM11/6/07
JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
> ...I guess I should expect nothing more from someone [Ed Dolan]

> who drinks only bottom of the barrel, dirt cheap wine. There's no
> accounting for taste, especially when one has none!

Speaking of "bottom of the barrel, dirt cheap wine":
<http://www.bumwine.com/>.

This site is worth reading the reviews on, even if you never plan on
risking your health by consuming said wines with the bottle wrapped in a
brown paper bag.

Tradition is the worst rational for action.

Tom Sherman

Nov 6, 2007, 7:43:30 PM11/6/07
JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
> What we have here is another sterling example of Ed Dolan's
> slanderous, farcical broad brush stereotyping of all who reside in a
> particular geographical area. I guess I have to repeat myself so that
> my message can seep into the thick skull of this doddering old dolt .
> I enjoy some other forms of alcohol other than beer, but can't recall
> the last time I was drunk. Consumption to excess does not constitute
> enjoyment for me. Does this mean that by Ed's requisites I must now
> have to vacate the Chicago hinterland???

JimmyMac may not be a drunkard, but as a Chicagoan, I bet he has been on
LSD plenty of times [1]!

[1] Sample LSD trip at <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdDS7ILVYs>.

A Muzi

Nov 6, 2007, 8:07:08 PM11/6/07

Tom Sherman wrote:
> JimmyMac may not be a drunkard, but as a Chicagoan, I bet he has been on
> LSD plenty of times [1]!
> [1] Sample LSD trip at <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdDS7ILVYs>.

Merle Haggard ["We don't take our trips on LSD"] does what? rides down
Astor to Division, jogs over to State, Rush to Chicago then south on
Columbus I suppose? Still not much of a ride as there's no Ravenswood
equivalent over there.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Tom Sherman

Nov 6, 2007, 8:19:39 PM11/6/07
Andrew Muzi mused:

Except for "Bike the Drive", LSD is off limits to cyclists, most of whom
use the lake front path [1].

[1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake
front MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake
front access. :(

Zoot Katz

Nov 6, 2007, 9:13:04 PM11/6/07
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:19:39 -0600, Tom Sherman
<sunset...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote:

>>> JimmyMac may not be a drunkard, but as a Chicagoan, I bet he has been
>>> on LSD plenty of times [1]!
>>> [1] Sample LSD trip at <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdDS7ILVYs>.
>>
>> Merle Haggard ["We don't take our trips on LSD"] does what? rides down
>> Astor to Division, jogs over to State, Rush to Chicago then south on
>> Columbus I suppose? Still not much of a ride as there's no Ravenswood
>> equivalent over there.
>
>Except for "Bike the Drive", LSD is off limits to cyclists, most of whom
>use the lake front path [1].
>
>[1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake
>front MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake
>front access. :(

The Burnham Plan is probably one of the best examples of socially
conscious urban planning in American history.
Too bad cars have mostly destroyed "Paris on the Prairie"
--
zk

A Muzi

Nov 6, 2007, 10:00:21 PM11/6/07

Tom Sherman wrote:
> Except for "Bike the Drive", LSD is off limits to cyclists, most of whom
> use the lake front path [1].
> [1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake
> front MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake
> front access. :(

The former manager here was nearly killed on that path. Hooked by an
oncoming cyclist(who was forced across the lane by a baby stroller) he
tumbled successfully to a soft landing on the path. Then was smacked in
the head by roller blades.

Edward Dolan

Nov 7, 2007, 1:16:06 AM11/7/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> What we have here is another sterling example of Ed Dolan's
> slanderous, farcical broad brush stereotyping of all who reside in a
> particular geographical area. I guess I have to repeat myself so that
> my message can seep into the thick skull of this doddering old dolt .
> I enjoy some other forms of alcohol other than beer, but can't recall
> the last time I was drunk. Consumption to excess does not constitute
> enjoyment for me. Does this mean that by Ed's requisites I must now
> have to vacate the Chicago hinterland???

It is better not to drink at all. It makes your feet go numb - and it
doesn't do much for your head either.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Edward Dolan

Nov 7, 2007, 1:21:52 AM11/7/07

"Tom Sherman" <sunset...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> [1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake front
> MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake front
> access.

Beer City - Milwaukee?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Edward Dolan

Nov 7, 2007, 1:29:44 AM11/7/07

> On Nov 3, 5:29 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

>> You said it best sometime ago when you said screw ego! The trouble is
>> that
>> types like Jim McNamara can never do that. He is mired in eternal
>> adolescence where his self image depends on what others think and say
>> about
>> him. I left that world behind over 55 years ago.
>
> Learning come from repetition so why then does not Ed Dlaon [Dolan] lear
> form
> repetition? OK ... One more time ... try as they may, the Ed Dolan's
> and Mike Vandeman's of the world do not, cannot and will not ever
> define what and who I am. Let me make it even more clear for you by
> repeating what I have said countless times before. Your opinion
> matters not, because you matter not. Now could not have said that any
> more plainly?

I am obviously the most important person in Poor Jim's limited world. If I
weren't, he would move on to other sentient creatures. I suggest his dog,
man's best friend. I can assure him that I can never be his best friend,
only a Usenet acquaintance.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Tom Sherman

Nov 7, 2007, 6:42:00 AM11/7/07
Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <sunset...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> [1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake front
>> MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake front
>> access.
>
> Beer City - Milwaukee?

Where else?

dgk

Nov 7, 2007, 8:00:47 AM11/7/07
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:40:52 -0800, JimmyMac <jimmy...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

If saintliness means not having sex, like Ed, then I think I'll have
to take a pass.

Edward Dolan

Nov 7, 2007, 12:56:19 PM11/7/07

"dgk" <d...@somewhere.com> wrote in message
[...]

> If saintliness means not having sex, like Ed, then I think I'll have
> to take a pass.

It is OK to have sex solely for the purpose of procreation. Any other
purpose is a mortal sin and deserving of everlasting hell fire.

I urge you to read the lives of the Saints. There you will discover all you
will ever need to know about Saintliness.

By the way, it is better to marry than to burn, but the single life is best.
It is why the Roman Catholic Church is as great as it used to be. A married
clergy is an abomination, something that only heretical Protestants are
capable of. Well, let's face it, not everyone can be a Great Saint like ME!

Regards,

Edward Dolan

Nov 7, 2007, 1:11:30 PM11/7/07

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Tom Sherman" <sunset...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> [...]
>>> [1] I am normally not much of a MUP person, but we could use a lake
>>> front MUP here in Beer City, since there is pitifully little public lake
>>> front access.
>>
>> Beer City - Milwaukee?
>
> Where else?

The main thing is to stay as far away from Chicagoland as you can get. There
resides Ed Gin and his scummy gang of miscreants. Also, I would advise you
never to go for a bike ride with Jim McNamara either. All he will ever do is
talk about me. As Great as I am, I don't deserve such adulation. It is
embarrassing to be so admired!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia

> Tradition is the worst rational for action.

Following tradition is often our surest path to salvation. I truly hate most
everything new and modern. Nay, give me that old fashion religion.

JimmyMac

Nov 7, 2007, 8:26:24 PM11/7/07
On Nov 6, 6:43 pm, Tom Sherman <sunsetss0...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com>

JimmyMac

Nov 7, 2007, 8:27:08 PM11/7/07
wrote:
> JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:

> > What we have here is another sterling example of Ed Dolan's
> > slanderous, farcical broad brush stereotyping of all who reside in a
> > particular geographical area. I guess I have to repeat myself so that
> > my message can seep into the thick skull of this doddering old dolt .
> > I enjoy some other forms of alcohol other than beer, but can't recall
> > the last time I was drunk. Consumption to excess does not constitute
> > enjoyment for me. Does this mean that by Ed's requisites I must now
> > have to vacate the Chicago hinterland???
>
> JimmyMac may not be a drunkard, but as a Chicagoan, I bet he has been on
> LSD plenty of times [1]!
>
> [1] Sample LSD trip at <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdDS7ILVYs>.

Oh, for sure ... Jim

JimmyMac

Nov 7, 2007, 9:06:22 PM11/7/07
On Nov 7, 12:11 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <sunsetss0...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Edward Dolan wrote:
> >> "Tom Sherman" <sunsetss0...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> [...]
>
> >> Beer City - Milwaukee?
>
> > Where else?
>
> The main thing is to stay as far away from Chicagoland as you can get. There
> resides Ed Gin and his scummy gang of miscreants. Also, I would advise you
> never to go for a bike ride with Jim McNamara either. All he will ever do is
> talk about me. As Great as I am, I don't deserve such adulation. It is
> embarrassing to be so admired!

Don't flatter yourself. You are not not nor will you ever be among
those that I admire. If you were dying of thirst in the desert, I
wouldn't give you the sweat off my balls. Now does that sound like
admiration to you dunderhead???

JimmyMac

Nov 7, 2007, 9:27:31 PM11/7/07
On Nov 7, 12:29 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Nov 3, 5:29 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> [...]
> >> You said it best sometime ago when you said screw ego! The trouble is
> >> that
> >> types like Jim McNamara can never do that. He is mired in eternal
> >> adolescence where his self image depends on what others think and say
> >> about
> >> him. I left that world behind over 55 years ago.
>
> > Learning come from repetition so why then does not Ed Dlaon [Dolan] lear
> > form
> > repetition? OK ... One more time ... try as they may, the Ed Dolan's
> > and Mike Vandeman's of the world do not, cannot and will not ever
> > define what and who I am. Let me make it even more clear for you by
> > repeating what I have said countless times before. Your opinion
> > matters not, because you matter not. Now could not have said that any
> > more plainly?
>
> I am obviously the most important person in Poor Jim's limited world. If I
> weren't, he would move on to other sentient creatures. I suggest his dog,
> man's best friend. I can assure him that I can never be his best friend,
> only a Usenet acquaintance.

First about the dog. I have two and though of another species, both
are make superior companions than a sorry ass example of humanity like
you could ever be to his own species.

It is about time, after our long discussion regarding friendship,
that you finally can now recognize the difference between an
acquaintance and a friend. I finally got through to you. I'd call
that progress. Nonetheless, it takes two to form a bond of friendship
and you've nothing to say in the matter since friendship between us is
not possible or even conceivable, but why even talk about it since
you've already gone on record to indicate that you neither value
friendship nor consider freindship even feasible beyond the teen
years.

As far as my alleged "limited world" is concerned, this comment I find
to be incongruous and most amusing coming from a sanctimonious hermit
who, by his own admission, lives socially detached in reclusive
solitude, devoid of real-life interpersonal relationships, leading a
pathetic shallow existence of an internet troll and troglodyte,
disenfranchised from reality. How pitiful can one person get???

GO

Edward Dolan

Nov 7, 2007, 11:00:03 PM11/7/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

There is just no doubt about it - Jim McNamara is not only enthralled with
the Great Ed Dolan, but he is in awe of him.

Please Jim, you are embarrassing me. I am not that Great!

Edward Dolan

Nov 7, 2007, 11:27:16 PM11/7/07

> On Nov 7, 12:29 am, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

>> I am obviously the most important person in Poor Jim's limited world. If
>> weren't, he would move on to other sentient creatures. I suggest his dog,
>> man's best friend. I can assure him that I can never be his best friend,
>> only a Usenet acquaintance.
>
> First about the dog. I have two and though of another species, both
> are make superior companions than a sorry ass example of humanity like
> you could ever be to his own species.

I really insist that you cease all your compliments to me. Yea, I am Great,
but not that Great. Have you no shame? Please try to control your admiration
for me.

> It is about time, after our long discussion regarding friendship,
> that you finally can now recognize the difference between an
> acquaintance and a friend. I finally got through to you. I'd call
> that progress. Nonetheless, it takes two to form a bond of friendship
> and you've nothing to say in the matter since friendship between us is
> not possible or even conceivable, but why even talk about it since
> you've already gone on record to indicate that you neither value
> friendship nor consider freindship even feasible beyond the teen
> years.

I am simply driving home the fact that no matter how much you may desire it,
we can never be friends. Yea, friendship among adults is impossible. It is
strictly a teenage thing. I am glad you have finally gotten some of my
precious wisdom, but there is so much for you to learn that I hardly know
where to begin. However, a very good place for you to begin would be to
examine your tendency to stalk others on Usenet. This may be a mental
aberration - or maybe you are just lonely and desperate for some
communication. Does not your wife speak to you anymore?

I urge you to be good to your two dogs. They will love you in return,
something you will never get from any human being this side of Hell since
love, like friendship, is strictly a teenage thing.

> As far as my alleged "limited world" is concerned, this comment I find
> to be incongruous and most amusing coming from a sanctimonious hermit
> who, by his own admission, lives socially detached in reclusive
> solitude, devoid of real-life interpersonal relationships, leading a
> pathetic shallow existence of an internet troll and troglodyte,
> disenfranchised from reality. How pitiful can one person get???

"Alone, but never lonely!" - Ed Dolan

JimmyMac

Nov 14, 2007, 12:57:29 AM11/14/07

On Nov 7, 10:27 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

And to think that Dolan accuses me of not being able to read. I can't
say this any more clearly. I do not hold the man in awe. I do not
admire, revere or venerate the man. Nor have I ever, or will I ever,
desire , require or be in need of his friendship. I have as much
respect for the man as he has for Ed Gin. Maybe he will now
understand. I can't help it if Ed is suffering the pain of rejection
or remains in denial so as not to suffer the pain of rejection, nor do
I particularly give a shit. - Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Nov 14, 2007, 1:14:26 PM11/14/07

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> And to think that Dolan accuses me of not being able to read. I can't
> say this any more clearly. I do not hold the man in awe. I do not
> admire, revere or venerate the man. Nor have I ever, or will I ever,
> desire , require or be in need of his friendship. I have as much
> respect for the man as he has for Ed Gin. Maybe he will now
> understand. I can't help it if Ed is suffering the pain of rejection
> or remains in denial so as not to suffer the pain of rejection, nor do
> I particularly give a shit. - Jim McNamara

Despite these protestations of eternal friendship, I regret to advise Mr.
McNamara that I can never be his friend. It is not in me to be a friend to
any man. I am strictly a cat man. They get all my affection and I have none
left over for any other creature, not even for one so deserving as Jim
McNamara.

Mr. McNamara must find some friends other than me. Maybe Ed Gin will take
him back into the fold. I must go my own way in this vale of tears. It is
just part of My Greatness. We Great Ones are always alone (but never
lonely). I urge Mr. McNamara to leave the Great Ed Dolan to the
contemplation of his own navel, an activity of absorbing interest that he
never tires of.

Chris

Nov 14, 2007, 9:37:59 AM11/14/07
JimmyMac <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in

I had completely forgotten about poor old ED (aka Erectile Dysfunction)
until I ventured back into the bicycle news groups. What do I find?
Poor, alone and lonely ED spewing the same BS as he always has. Nothing
has changed. I have a sneaking feeling that if nobody replied to poor,
alone and lonely ED, he would simply wither away and die.

The down side is that nobody would find the body for several weeks until
such time as a neighbor would call the garbage company complaining that
his trash had not been picked up, in actuality, it is poor old alone,
lonely ED simply rotting away. What a horrible way to go!

Edward Dolan

Nov 17, 2007, 11:45:11 PM11/17/07

"Chris" <john_fost...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

> I had completely forgotten about poor old ED (aka Erectile Dysfunction)
> until I ventured back into the bicycle news groups.

Chris (John Foster) is a stud (former Marine and an electrical engineer who
has a Ph.D. from the U. of Ill. - at least that is what he tells us, but
impossible to believe!) and if he is not constantly in a state of sexual
excitement he thinks he has died and gone to hell. He seems not to realize
that being in a state of sexual excitement IS having died and gone to hell.
He should stop taking Viagra if he values his health any.

What do I find?
> Poor, alone and lonely ED spewing the same BS as he always has. Nothing
> has changed. I have a sneaking feeling that if nobody replied to poor,
> alone and lonely ED, he would simply wither away and die.

Well Hells Bells, tell it to Jim McNamara, my weasel of a stalker. Not only
I, but the entire world of Usenet would like to be rid of him!

By the way, being alone and being lonely are two different things entirely.
Unlike you, I can stand my own company and am consequently never lonely.

> The down side is that nobody would find the body for several weeks until
> such time as a neighbor would call the garbage company complaining that
> his trash had not been picked up, in actuality, it is poor old alone,
> lonely ED simply rotting away. What a horrible way to go!

Beware of wishing others dead before their time. All that does is summon up
the Grim Reaper - for you!

However, I can understand your envy of anyone like me who can live without
the burden of wives, children, relatives, friends, et al. Yea, I am truly a
free spirit and I mean to stay this way.

Chris

Nov 19, 2007, 10:50:37 AM11/19/07
"Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote in

Sniff, sniff. Anybody smell rotting garbage??

Edward Dolan

Nov 19, 2007, 4:45:52 PM11/19/07

> Sniff, sniff. Anybody smell rotting garbage??

There is no one that cannot be rendered speechless by the Great Ed Dolan. I
even managed to subdue the liberal beast of ARBR, otherwise known as Tom
Sherman. However, unlike you, that was not an easy feat and it took me
several years to do it.

Chris

Nov 21, 2007, 9:31:30 AM11/21/07
"Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote in

I think the smell is coming from your dead and rotting grey matter. You
seem to regurgitate the same old BS over and over. How about getting a
clue.

Edward Dolan

Nov 22, 2007, 4:21:48 PM11/22/07

>> There is no one that cannot be rendered speechless by the Great Ed
>> Dolan. I even managed to subdue the liberal beast of ARBR, otherwise
>> known as Tom Sherman. However, unlike you, that was not an easy feat
>> and it took me several years to do it.
>
> I think the smell is coming from your dead and rotting grey matter. You
> seem to regurgitate the same old BS over and over. How about getting a
> clue.

You're an idiot. A moron of the highest order. You're so stupid it's a
wonder you can remember to breath. Intelligent ideas bounce off your head as
if it were coated with teflon. Creative thoughts take alternate
transportation in order to avoid even being in the same state as you. If you
had an original thought it would die of loneliness before the hour was out.
On an intelligence scale of 1 to 10 (10 corresponding to the highest
attainable IQ) you're rating is so far into negative numbers that one would
need to travel into another quantum reality in order to even catch a distant
glimpse of it.

Your personality is that of a rabid chihuahua intent on
destroying its own tail. Your powers of observation are like that of the
bird who keeps slamming into the picture window trying to get that other
bird it keeps seeing. You are walking, talking proof that you don't have to
be sentient to survive, and that Barnum was thinking of you when he uttered
his immortal phrase regarding the birth of a sucker.

You are, at varying times, tedious, boring, earth shatteringly hilarious in
your idiocy,
childish, moronic, pathetic, wretched, disgusting and pitiful. You are
wholly without any redeeming social graces or value. If God ever decides to
give the planet an enema you'd better run like the wind because anywhere you
stand is a suitable place for The Insertion.

And you probably dress funny, too.

There is no animal so disgusting, so vile that it deserves comparison to
you, for even the lowest, dirtiest, most parasitic member of the animal
kingdom fills an ecological niche. You fill no niche.
To call you a parasite would be injurious to the thousands of honest
parasitic species. You are worse than vermin, for vermin does not pretend
to be what it is not. You are truly human garbage.

You are a fraudulent, lying, predatory charlatan. You are worthless
compared to burnt-out light bulbs. Your will forever live in shame. You
have nothing to say, and Godwin's Law does not apply when writing
about you.

You are the anti-Midas, for all that you touch becomes valueless and
unusable. Mothers gather their children close when you appear. You are
Nature's way of saying "&#%!!"

You should get a real job but you are unemployable. You misspell short words
and I doubt you can dance. You are as an oil slick upon a natural paradise.
You would proposition Jon Benet Ramsey, and seduce her with bogus lines.
You have made Tim Thorne look competent. You spoil everybody's day, and your
horoscope is rarely accurate.

You are an aberration, a corruption, a boil on the Net that needs to be
lanced. You are a poison we need to vomit. You are a tooth so rotten it
infects the whole body. You are sperm that should have been captured in a
condom and flushed down a toilet.

You are no fun, and you don't know how to post.
I don't like you. I don't like anybody who has as little respect for
others as you do. Go away.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say
on Earth. I'll bet you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions
from your ex-CO. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would
rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm
deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a
weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a
revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared
richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth
into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody,
abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and
then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as
you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought
of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are
vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of
this earth. And did I mention you smell?

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to
empress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop
will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it
more rapidly. You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you
up,
drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to
fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame
of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea
of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty
and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus.
Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are
unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that
reality
forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and
obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living
emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease,
you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient
in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are
dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all
unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting
naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate,
noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise
everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard "I didn't
say a bad job I said a PISS-POOR job" stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid.
Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole
different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid.
Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed.
Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Quantum singularity
stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid
in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your
writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this
stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang
of
stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else
as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go
on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me.

After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough
strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments
about
unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. D'oh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped
away most of your of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really
say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful.
I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of
babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have
learned to read, write, study, spell, and count, you will have more success.

True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take
for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes
forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these
things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I
would have never read your posts. It just wouldn't have been "right".
Sort of like parking in a handicap space.

I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that
seem to be placing such a demand on you.

P.S.:

You are hypocritical, greedy, violent, malevolent, vengeful, cowardly,
deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent,
opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted,
racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic,
insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous, byzantine,
conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious, splenetic,
spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb,
evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative,
paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic,
diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive,
dim, crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim,
unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive,
mind-numbing, abrasive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive,
socially-retarded, and puerile.

JimmyMac

Nov 23, 2007, 12:03:18 PM11/23/07
On Nov 19, 9:50 am, Chris <john_foster_in_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote innews:VZ-dnXvCeOHGXqLa...@prairiewave.com:
>

> > "Chris" <john_foster_in_e...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Head swollen, HEAD Dolan suffers from Clue Deficiency Disorder. If he
were to reduce the bullshit quotient, by editing out the repetitious,
regurgitated content, before attempting to impress with his posts, all
that would remain is his egocentric, superfluous signature. Ed Dolan
is not so much a member of ARBR as he is a canker on its member! I
think that about sums it up. - Jim McNamara

Edward Dolan

Nov 23, 2007, 7:38:56 PM11/23/07

> On Nov 19, 9:50 am, Chris <john_foster_in_e...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote
>> innews:VZ-dnXvCeOHGXqLa...@prairiewave.com:
[...]

>> > Well Hells Bells, tell it to Jim McNamara, my weasel of a stalker. Not
>> > only I, but the entire world of Usenet would like to be rid of him!
[...]

> Head swollen, HEAD Dolan suffers from Clue Deficiency Disorder. If he
> were to reduce the bullshit quotient, by editing out the repetitious,
> regurgitated content, before attempting to impress with his posts, all
> that would remain is his egocentric, superfluous signature. Ed Dolan
> is not so much a member of ARBR as he is a canker on its member! I
> think that about sums it up. - Jim McNamara

Once a stalker, always a stalker!

However, I would not know about cankers on members. That is your department,
not mine.

marika

Nov 24, 2007, 10:56:13 AM11/24/07

> Once a stalker, always a stalker!

he hit the wrong button

> However, I would not know about cankers on members.

youknow how most people find an old email and reply to it instead of
punching
every name in separately
that's all that happened

it had nothing to do with cankers

>That is your department, not mine.

That may have been the last one he sent and he just assumed you were a
canker
that is the problem w AOL. one cannot see the address box that well

mk5000

"Oh, clearly.
*rolls eyes*"--midwinter

JimmyMac

Nov 24, 2007, 6:53:45 PM11/24/07

One would thing that the retired librarian dunderhead would pick up on
the literary license taken in coining a figure of speech. I guess I
need to translate for the old dolt whose mind is apparently failing
him. I meant that Ed Dolan is like a festering sore on ARBR ... a
pernicious, purulent, presence that is far more responsible and
accountable for the degeneration (often referred to as death) of ARBR
than the party that he often accuses as responsible and to whom he
refers as the criminal vandal troll. In other words, the title of the
initial post should not have read Usenet is fatally flawed, so much as
Ed Dolan is fatally flawed. - Jim McNamara

Tom Sherman

Nov 24, 2007, 7:18:03 PM11/24/07
JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:

> One would thing that the retired librarian dunderhead would pick up on
> the literary license taken in coining a figure of speech. I guess I
> need to translate for the old dolt whose mind is apparently failing
> him. I meant that Ed Dolan is like a festering sore on ARBR ... a
> pernicious, purulent, presence that is far more responsible and
> accountable for the degeneration (often referred to as death) of ARBR
> than the party that he often accuses as responsible and to whom he
> refers as the criminal vandal troll.

Considering that Jim McNamara apparently [1] has an ax to grind with the
other party, this is some statement.

However, I blame the people who need a nanny moderated forum, because
they can not stick up for themselves online, for the decline of ARBR.

> In other words, the title of the
> initial post should not have read Usenet is fatally flawed, so much as
> Ed Dolan is fatally flawed. - Jim McNamara

Mr. Ed the Grate is merely an old coot with an Usenet account.

[1] Opinion based on past public online discussions between the two parties.

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter

JimmyMac

Nov 25, 2007, 11:00:06 AM11/25/07
On Nov 24, 6:18 pm, Tom Sherman <sunsetss0...@REMOVETHISyahoo.com>
wrote:

> JimmyMac aka Jim McNamara wrote:
>

> > One would think that the retired librarian dunderhead would pick up on

> > the literary license taken in coining a figure of speech. I guess I
> > need to translate for the old dolt whose mind is apparently failing
> > him. I meant that Ed Dolan is like a festering sore on ARBR ... a
> > pernicious, purulent, presence that is far more responsible and
> > accountable for the degeneration (often referred to as death) of ARBR
> > than the party that he often accuses as responsible and to whom he
> > refers as the criminal vandal troll.
>
> Considering that Jim McNamara apparently [1] has an ax to grind with the
> other party, this is some statement.

True enough, but I just wanted to point out that if indeed ARBR is
suffering a slow death, rather than blame the alleged "criminal vandal
troll" (note that no name was mentioned), the accuser (Dolan) needs to
take stock of himself as the cause.

> However, I blame the people who need a nanny moderated forum, because
> they can not stick up for themselves online, for the decline of ARBR.

I suppose a net nanny moderated forum has it place and consequently
its membership because the membership feels that way.

> > In other words, the title of the
> > initial post should not have read Usenet is fatally flawed, so much as
> > Ed Dolan is fatally flawed. - Jim McNamara
>
> Mr. Ed the Grate is merely an old coot with an Usenet account.

Agreed, but I would add that sadly, Dolan appear to have little more
than Usenet (particularly ARBR) from which to derive meaning in his
life as the source from which he garners his sense of accomplishment
and self-esteem ... pitiful, really..

marika

Nov 25, 2007, 4:11:24 PM11/25/07

"Chris" <john_fost...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I had completely forgotten about poor old ED (aka Erectile Dysfunction)
> until I ventured back into the bicycle news groups. What do I find?
> Poor, alone and lonely ED spewing the same BS as he always has. Nothing
> has changed. I have a sneaking feeling that if nobody replied to poor,
> alone and lonely ED, he would simply wither away and die.
>
> The down side is that nobody would find the body for several weeks until
> such time as a neighbor would call the garbage company complaining that
> his trash had not been picked up, in actuality, it is poor old alone,
> lonely ED simply rotting away. What a horrible way to go!

I don't think that'll happen unless he has been dreaming of water.
I lost two friends recently, who both dreamt of water at about the same
time.

One of them, Julia and I had been watching Carnivale and exchanging notes on
it.
They were showing the season finale then.

Ironic in that the show is about creatures of dark and light. Stars the
little guy that was in all the David Lynch movies. The show is equally
inscrutable.

The show dwells on christian symbolism, but that is all I will tell you in
case you ever have the opportunity to watch it.

I will tell you there was a scene where Father Justin aka Evil Russian
Rasputin type is baptizing his flock. He wears black, usually, like an
Orthodox priest's cassock. But he and his sheep wear the typical white
Baptist choir robes.

I dreamt about water the same exact week that they did. ONly I am still
alive

This is in my dream. I see myself getting excited about being baptized.

In another scene in the show, Justin's sister, Iris, leaves an axe on his
pillow to freak him out, to make him worry about his security.

I find in my dream that I am being baptized by an ax.

from a typical dream book

Baptism
Immersion in water represents death, whereas emergence signifies
resurrection and
a new life. You have let go of your old negative you and this new you will
likely
be successful.

On a spiritual note, this dream signifies your renewed faith in God and that
you
are coming closer to self-realization and spiritual fulfillment.

that all three of us had essentially related dreams in what feels like the
same time is sort of interesting, no