TR: I slept with two women!

Ed Huesers

May 19, 2003, 10:43:49 PM5/19/03
Hey All,
Well, went up last weekend for another overnighter.
The weather was very warm with us only wearing t-shirts when leaving
the trailhead. Spring was in the air and the snow was still hard from
the previous nights cold so we decided to leave the trail right away and
follow the creek up that I'd been going up several times this last
winter.
We followed the creek until the first corner where we got a view up
the steeper section of the creek and saw that the splashing water from
the cascades had eaten all the snow off the creek and with the creek
being flanked on each side by tall rocks it was impassible.
We decided to follow the same general route though, so we headed into
the woods feeling it would be easier to deal with a few trees than
follow the creek further. We went up the steep woods until we came back
to the creek where the terrain wasn't quite so steep:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/2/69/0/69020078803_0_ALB.jpg We
followed the creek for a short distance and turned off into the woods to
head toward the notch in the ridge that would let us get into the next
drainage. Once into the woods, there were bare spots around some of the
trees:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/2/99/0/99020078803_0_ALB.jpg A
short time after that shot we stopped to take a break:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/96/21/0/21960078803_0_ALB.jpg
After leaving the break spot we stared to cross the notch in the
ridge:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/96/81/0/81960078803_0_ALB.jpg
Then we headed west along the ridge for a while:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/96/22/0/22960078803_0_ALB.jpg
and gained a view of the glacial knob that we were going to build an
igloo on:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/96/72/0/72960078803_0_ALB.jpg
The knob looks like part of the mountain that is above and to the right
of the knob. We followed the ridge west until we reached a flat area:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/96/63/0/63960078803_0_ALB.jpg
to traverse the drainage we had come into. The next ridge we were going
to gain is in the background. The glacial knob is just out of the
picture to the left on the very end of the ridge.
About an hour later we reached the top of the knob and got a few
scenery shots:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/96/55/0/55960078803_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/96/85/0/85960078803_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/0/96/67/0/67960078803_0_ALB.jpg
and started building our igloo.
Here's a shot looking out over the foothills:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/10/81/41/0/41811078803_0_ALB.jpg
And then the other view shot and the weather starting to move in:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/10/81/73/0/73811078803_0_ALB.jpg
A product called an Air Board was also to be tested so after
completeing the igloo we went and tried it out:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/10/81/56/0/56811078803_0_ALB.jpg
Then we had a beautiful evening with the clouds refecting the last of
the suns rays back at us:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/10/81/98/0/98811078803_0_ALB.jpg
The morning sun was a bit weak as the skies were slightly overcast:
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/10/81/39/0/39811078803_0_ALB.jpg
Oh, the two girls...
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/10/81/69/0/69811078803_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.ofoto.com/photos273/8/78/10/91/21/0/21911078803_0_ALB.jpg