Fuel Pump Woe’s

Jim Ed

Jan 24, 2011, 6:07:26 PM1/24/11
The pin that holds the lever came out of a like new Brosol fuel pump.
It had only about 3 years/ 3000 miles on it.

I noticed on one of my older used Brocar pumps has ‘e - clips’ holding
that lever pin shaft in place while another old Brosol fuel pump did
not have the e-clips. Instead, one end of the lever pin was ‘staked’
to help hold it in place.

It looked like they used a small curved chisel to ‘stake’ it.

What can I use to ‘stake’ a new fuel pump at the lever pin location to
help hold that lever shaft pin in place?

Thanks In Advance!

Jim Ed

Jan 25, 2011, 8:40:24 AM1/25/11

The pin that holds the lever came out of a like new Brosol fuel pump.
It had only about 3 years/ 3000 miles on it.

When the new fuel pump comes I was thinking of knocking the lever
shaft pin out, cleaning it, and applying a little Red Loctite to the
ends before replacing it.
That should hold it in place.

Joey Tribiani

Jan 25, 2011, 3:24:55 PM1/25/11
"Jim Ed" wrote in message

On Jan 24, 5:07 pm, Jim Ed <Jim3...@msn.com> wrote:
> The pin that holds the lever came out of a like new Brosol fuel pump.
> It had only about 3 years/ 3000 miles on it.
>
> I noticed on one of my older used Brocar pumps has ‘e - clips’ holding
> that lever pin shaft in place while another old Brosol fuel pump did
> not have the e-clips. Instead, one end of the lever pin was ‘staked’
> to help hold it in place.
>
> It looked like they used a small curved chisel to ‘stake’ it.
>
> What can I use to ‘stake’ a new fuel pump at the lever pin location to
> help hold that lever shaft pin in place?
>
> Thanks In Advance!

pull the longer pin out of the older pump and put it, and it's clips, in the
new pump...

Lamumba

Jan 31, 2011, 10:54:27 PM1/31/11
In article <ihnbiq$4tm$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Joey Tribiani" <Jo...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> "Jim Ed" wrote in message
>

> On Jan 24, 5:07 pm, Jim Ed <Jim3...@msn.com> wrote:
> > The pin that holds the lever came out of a like new Brosol fuel pump.
> > It had only about 3 years/ 3000 miles on it.
> >

> > I noticed on one of my older used Brocar pumps has Śe - clipsą holding

> > that lever pin shaft in place while another old Brosol fuel pump did

> > not have the e-clips. Instead, one end of the lever pin was Śstakedą

> > to help hold it in place.
> >

> > It looked like they used a small curved chisel to Śstakeą it.
> >
> > What can I use to Śstakeą a new fuel pump at the lever pin location to

> > help hold that lever shaft pin in place?
> >
> > Thanks In Advance!
>
> pull the longer pin out of the older pump and put it, and it's clips, in the
> new pump...

I put a drop of Crazy Glue on such. and you can spike it too. helps the
glue penetrate a bit. best done a new pump. OK>
--
Karma, What a concept!