seats

jbjeep

May 3, 2006, 11:15:58 PM5/3/06
Need to put "racing style" offroad seats in the TJ (attached to cage, 5 pt harness).
Need them in the wider styles. Any suggestions? I dont mind paying some $, but I
want good quality long wearing seats.
Thanks.
-jenn

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

May 3, 2006, 11:28:55 PM5/3/06
Hi Jennifer,
Good luck, race car drivers are small people, like jockeys, you may
see Cory Mcclenathan being interviewed by not as small a drivers after
his Saturday Crash: http://billhughes.com/temp/coryMacCrash.mpg
You find something other than especially made, post it for us (me).
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:LWHug...@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com/

Scott

May 4, 2006, 2:23:28 PM5/4/06
On Wed, 03 May 2006, "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" <billh...@cox.net> wrote:

Flush!
Goatfucker post

-=-
This message was sent via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Jeff Strickland

May 6, 2006, 8:38:00 PM5/6/06
WIDER???

Isn't that like admitting that you're older than 29?

"jbjeep" <jbj...@saw.net> wrote in message

jbjeep

May 7, 2006, 12:26:39 AM5/7/06
FAWK!
I cant remember 29. lol.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

May 7, 2006, 12:31:12 AM5/7/06
I remember I was still carded at 29, that was in the days before
Mad Mothers. :-(

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:LWHug...@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com/

jbjeep

May 7, 2006, 3:05:40 PM5/7/06
The Corbeau Ultra SS in a wide is not bad at all. One of the local stores had one on
display. However, I am planning on going with PRP seats instead. Probably the
Competition Pro Series in a wide.
-jenn

On Wed, 03 May 2006 20:28:55 -0700, "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" <billh...@cox.net>
wrote:

>>Hi Jennifer,

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

May 7, 2006, 8:19:45 PM5/7/06
Hi Jennifer,
Take pictures for us. Usually the sides are so high it makes it
difficult to squeeze in-between it and the steering wheel. It's not like
we're in a sand buggy only a foot off the ground.

jbjeep

May 7, 2006, 9:35:09 PM5/7/06
Well, when I get mine in I sure will. I know exactly what you mean. Had that on a
Jeep I recently went to sit in to check out the seats. I hope to get all the work
done on the rig in July, so I will be ordering stuff next week with that in mind. The
Atlas will take 5-6 weeks to get, and I am not sure of the time lag on the seats, its
a couple of weeks at least I think since they are custom built.
-jenn

On Sun, 07 May 2006 17:19:45 -0700, "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" <billh...@cox.net>
wrote:

>>Hi Jennifer,

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

May 7, 2006, 10:02:26 PM5/7/06
Cool.

Dave Milne

May 27, 2006, 1:19:03 PM5/27/06
I think the key point here is the "racing style" rather than racing. Racing
bucket seats are very light and are not designed for lasting very long (they
have minimal padding because you don't do that many miles in them and it
adds weight).

If you don't mind paying the money, something from Recaro is usually pretty
good quality (they make seats for sportier european models, and a lot of
stuff for the aircraft industry).
http://www.paragon-products.com/product_p/recaro_pole_position_leather.htm
Sparco stuff used to be pretty good also. Corbeau used to be ok, but I think
they have gone down hill now.

You *must* try one in a shop, as bucket seats being a fixed shape may not
suit your shape. If you can't get on with a full bucket, you can still get
some fairly decent lateral supporting recliners (again Recaro do good ones).

Dave Milne

billy ray

May 27, 2006, 2:30:52 PM5/27/06
Yes, and most of the 'racing' seats are made for people of smaller stature.

"Dave Milne" <whon...@toknow.com> wrote in message

Lon

May 27, 2006, 4:42:31 PM5/27/06
Also check out Corbeau who has some jeep specific models. And
definitely spend the bucks for a local shop who can mock them up for you
as noted.

Dave Milne proclaimed:

jbjeep

Jul 14, 2006, 12:09:23 PM7/14/06
I will be posting some pics in a few days, but... The top of the line PRP seats that
I got are nearly worth the cost! VERY comfortable!!!! They came out pretty too.
They fit me nice, and the guy who did the install is a big boy and he also finds them
very comfortable. They are not cheap, but, they sure are nice. I got the wider
model, with the 3" shorter cushions.

wrote:

>>Hi Jennifer,

Mike Romain

Jul 14, 2006, 12:31:16 PM7/14/06
I am interested too. My CJ7 seats are pretty worn out and are busted.
I don't fit 'most' car seats and really don't fit TJ seats....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2115147590

jbjeep

Jul 14, 2006, 3:51:48 PM7/14/06
The ones I got are the Competition Pro Seats.
http://www.prpseats.com/suspension-seats.html
Competition Pro Series
$319.00

34" Tall x 22" Wide x 26" Deep (view seat dimension guide)
Mounting Area: 14" Wide X 18" Front to Back
Built with heavy-duty firm foam
The seat bottom is reinforced with duel Pirelli straps
Slotted for 5 point harness with 2 slots in headrest
Standard removable cushion
Available 2" wider
Available 4" taller

I got the two inches wider. I also went with the option to get the seat cushion
three inches shorter (front to back). In addition I had them leave the piping off
and double stitch them instead. (all this adds to the price) They are very
comfortable, well padded, and dont pinch in the hips at all. My lean and lanky next
door neighbor came over and sat in them a bit ago and really liked them alot. The
guy at the shop is probably 6 or 6'2, about 250-275, and broad in the shoulders and
hips and he fits in them nicely and really likes them also. They do NOT recline. I
did get the slider setups so that they can be moved front to back, since the guys at
that shop cant even get in the Jeep where I keep the seat set. LOL.

Honest, I will take some pictures later or tomorrow and post them with a link. I
just have not had time yet today.

They did have some troubles getting them in the TJ (these are mounted to the cage,
not to the floor), I lost my center console, and they had to finagel with the Atlas
some too, otherwise you couldnt get to the shifters with the seat up as close as I
needed it. Also, they were unable to run a bar diaganolly across the door since the
seats are wide and even with just the soft doors there isnt room. It was a squeeze
to get them in, however it looks good and will work fine. I will have to mount a
skinny ammo can or something instead of a center console. I lost my cup holders too
- they had to take them out to make the rest fit, but that wasnt really because of
the seats.

For me, since I am short, its a little bit of a squeeze between the edge of the seat
and the steering wheel. If I were taller it would be no problem. However I am just
glad that I am going to be able to keep the stock steering wheel on. Oh yea, and I
also go the seat covers, which are vinyal and pull down over the cloth part of the
seat to protect it from the weather. I will probably use those a lot - keep the
local cats out of my seats when the top is off.
-jenn

Jul 14, 2006, 4:56:19 PM7/14/06
I have used seats from Corbeau as well, and I really like them. You can
check out their seats here:
http://www.corbeau.com/prod_index/prod_index.shtml. I bought the Baja Ultras
for my truck.

Chris

"jbjeep" <jbj...@saw.net> wrote in message

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 14, 2006, 6:03:21 PM7/14/06
Hi Jennifer
Cool. Got their web site, too?
Although I find it easier to just replace with used fifty buck
Mustang seats.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 14, 2006, 6:04:29 PM7/14/06
Thanks.

Mike Romain

Jul 14, 2006, 6:45:24 PM7/14/06
Thanks, I need a big and tall version with the ability to fit a short
person too. I am 6'4", 210 and my wife is 5'2". I need to find local
suppliers so we can try them on at that kind of price.

Mike

jbjeep

Jul 14, 2006, 7:16:07 PM7/14/06
http://www.prpseats.com/suspension-seats.html

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:03:21 -0700, "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" <billh...@cox.net>
wrote:

>>Hi Jennifer

jbjeep

Jul 14, 2006, 7:20:32 PM7/14/06
You would probably want to get the taller option then. I dont know that there is
such a thing since they are custom made. What I did was find someone nearby who had
the next ones down and went over and sat in them. I found that they were comfortable
but not padded enough and they pinched in the hips (standard width). So from that I
figured that the more padded seats and the wider ones should work and if not, well, I
was really really screwed. I sat in all the Corbeau seats and there was only one I
found comfortable, however, it was similar to a stock TJ seat, where this has the
"wrap around" too it and the seat sort of cuddles you. It should help on the trails,
where I have come back with my back rubbed raw from being thrown side to side in the
seat all day. Pictures soon...
-jenn

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 14, 2006, 8:33:47 PM7/14/06
Bookmarked, thanks.

jbjeep wrote:

> http://www.prpseats.com/suspension-seats.html

billy ray

Jul 14, 2006, 8:47:33 PM7/14/06
A local upholster replaced the cushions when he recovered mine... it kinda
pisses off my son-in-law that my Laredo's seats are more comfortable than
his Limited's factory leather seats. His are heated though.....

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" <billh...@cox.net> wrote in message

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 14, 2006, 9:20:33 PM7/14/06
Heated????
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:LWHug...@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com/

Jul 14, 2006, 9:27:11 PM7/14/06
On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:20:33 -0700, L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:

> Heated????

Turns you on, don't it?

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 14, 2006, 9:35:20 PM7/14/06
There you go again, the little coward in Vancouver via 24.86.24.251
who's only way to get attention is to make a fool of it's self.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:LWHug...@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com/

jbjeep

Jul 14, 2006, 11:30:16 PM7/14/06

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 15, 2006, 12:25:06 AM7/15/06
Thanks. I like the oil level.
Time to Lincoln lock the rear.

jbjeep wrote:

> http://www.xws.com/jbjeep/album/index.html
>
> -jenn

billy ray

Jul 15, 2006, 1:50:50 AM7/15/06
Do you have to remove the passenger side cover when you drive?

"jbjeep" <jbj...@saw.net> wrote in message

jbjeep

Jul 15, 2006, 3:37:04 AM7/15/06
Dunno yet, I didnt take it out today.
-jenn

billy ray

Jul 15, 2006, 3:38:44 AM7/15/06
I was just wonder if the cover would flap about and catch the wind...

It might be a bit exciting if it decided to come off on the expressway

"jbjeep" <jbj...@saw.net> wrote in message

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 15, 2006, 3:57:41 AM7/15/06
I wish your covers would comfrom to the seat, making possible to
just jump in after digging an axle out of the mud. I found water once in
our desert winter time, and fell in, after that I carry a couple of
beach towels to cover the seat.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 15, 2006, 4:00:28 AM7/15/06
conform

Matt Macchiarolo

Jul 15, 2006, 9:11:41 AM7/15/06
Bill, don't feed the trolls. If you'd stop replying he'd go away. He's
playing you like a violin. Be a man and ignore him.

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" <billh...@cox.net> wrote in message

Greg

Jul 15, 2006, 10:09:02 AM7/15/06
Hey Mike, for interest I went through their order page to see, clicking on
shipping it says enter zip code, United States/Canada, you can click on a
state or a province, so they do ship to Canada, nice to know, will bookmark
them.

"Mike Romain" <rom...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

jbjeep

Jul 15, 2006, 11:18:16 AM7/15/06
There are two loops of velcro, one on each side, that I think are meant to go aound
the seatbelts (on the outside of the seat). I suspect that they would blow around,
but not go flying away.
-jenn

jbjeep

Jul 15, 2006, 11:20:01 AM7/15/06
Hear ya. They are not meant to be used that way, but in a pinch you could certainly
put them under you to protect the fabric.
-jenn

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:57:41 -0700, "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" <billh...@cox.net>
wrote:

>> I wish your covers would comfrom to the seat, making possible to

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Jul 15, 2006, 7:59:28 PM7/15/06
To run and hide is not a man's trait.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
mailto:LWHug...@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com/

Dave Milne

Jul 16, 2006, 5:34:15 AM7/16/06
Neither is beating up children or the mentally deficient. You just decide
they are not worthy of your time and ignore them.

Dave Milne, Scotland.

"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" <billh...@cox.net> wrote in message

jbjeep

Jul 17, 2006, 8:41:52 PM7/17/06
Might on the freeway, I had it up to 55 this morning with the passenger seat cover
still on, no flapping, no nothing. It wasnt even velcrowed down.
-jenn

Matt Macchiarolo

Jul 23, 2006, 9:17:46 PM7/23/06
Feeling the need to constantly respond to a teaser is not an adult's trait.