Turning off AC on Defog mode on 2001-2003 Civic – Solution

Sebastian

Apr 28, 2003, 8:35:21 AM4/28/03
Turning off AC on Defog mode on 2001-2003 Civic – Solution
I found this info on another forum and though you may enjoy it… enjoy!

(1) Turn Car Off
(2) Turn Temperature Knob To Full Blue (All the way to the left -
Counter-Clock Wise)
(3) Turn Vent Knob To Off (All the way to the left - Counter-Clock
Wise)
(4) Hold Down Air Recirculation Button As Well As A/C Button. NOT THE
DEFROSTING BUTTON.
(5) Turn the car on to two (ll) . The recirculation blinks ONCE and
the AC blinks once.

You will now have control of your A/C regardless of what setting you
are in, to revert back, simply repeat the procedue.

Make sure u hold on to the two buttons before u turn on the car. Hold
it till after the AC button blinks. The recirculation button blinks
first than the AC. Make sure ur not holding on the Defrosting button
for the rear window

mn

Apr 29, 2003, 5:07:31 PM4/29/03
Ok but what is DEFOG MODE?

"Sebastian" <sst...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Turning off AC on Defog mode on 2001-2003 Civic - Solution
> I found this info on another forum and though you may enjoy it. enjoy!

Sebastian

Apr 29, 2003, 9:37:34 PM4/29/03
It's when you have the air set to blow on your front window. In 2001+
Civic's the AC automatically turns on and cannot be turned on this
setting.

Sp3ctr3

Apr 30, 2003, 1:05:40 AM4/30/03
Man fucking amazing I hated "Defog Mode" thanx a lot

"Sebastian" <sst...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Turning off AC on Defog mode on 2001-2003 Civic - Solution
> I found this info on another forum and though you may enjoy it. enjoy!

Darren

Apr 30, 2003, 12:49:15 PM4/30/03
Tried it on my 2001 Accord EXi-4. Shame! It does not work.

"Sebastian" <sst...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Turning off AC on Defog mode on 2001-2003 Civic - Solution
> I found this info on another forum and though you may enjoy it. enjoy!

Bob Morris

May 1, 2003, 10:18:39 AM5/1/03
"Darren" <dar...@cae.ca> writes:

>Tried it on my 2001 Accord EXi-4. Shame! It does not work.

There is a way on the 2001 Accords.

On my 2001 Accord LX when I hit either of the two right hand vent buttons
("defog-defrost" or "defog-defrost/feet") the AC comes on.

However, if I then turn it off it stays off (even if I turn the ignition off
and on) as long as I do not touch either button.

If I go to any of the three left buttons it stays off.
However, if I then touch either of the two right hand buttons
it comes on. And I can turn it off.

I complained to my Honda dealer that the AC was always on with
defrost and defog and he did some programming.

What, I don't know

Bob Morris

Darren

May 2, 2003, 7:16:24 AM5/2/03
Thanks Bob for the info. I shall ask Honda next time I go for an oil change.
I hate it when you put the vent on the windscreen and the AC automatically
comes on - especially as 90% of the time I don't need it (& yes Elmo, I know
that you can switch it off).

Darren

"Bob Morris" <mor...@albireo.sce.carleton.ca> wrote in message

Rasta Furian

Jun 3, 2003, 9:40:16 PM6/3/03
I heard this just shuts off the AC pilot light and that the ac still
actually comes on anyway.