92 honda civic intermittently not start

Tinob

Aug 23, 2005, 6:33:38 PM8/23/05
I have a 92 honda civic. It has a problem of not starting. This only
happens during the summer months. it will start at night when it is not
hot outside. I don't know if the main relay will cause something like
this. If anyone out there has some guidance, i would be most greatful.
Please reply soon, as this problem is driving me crazy.

preludeprob

Aug 23, 2005, 10:15:57 PM8/23/05
My '86 Prelude did the same thing, the problem was that the fuel pump
was'nt always starting, not getting any current from the relay - it would
only happen when it was hot out. I just ran a hot wire from my battery to
the pump and mounted a small toggle switch in the dash, now if it won't
start I flip the switch and she starts right up. Maybe not the right way
to repair it but it's worked for years ! Matt

TeGGeR®

Aug 23, 2005, 11:19:28 PM8/23/05

John

Aug 24, 2005, 5:57:16 AM8/24/05
It's the main relay. Same car, same problem. Resoldered all points on the
main relay, hasn't failed since.

"Tinob" <weromor...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Tinob

Aug 24, 2005, 9:58:55 PM8/24/05
thanks for all of the information. this is certainly a great site. Again,
thanks

jim beam

Aug 24, 2005, 11:04:10 PM8/24/05
that's /so/ dangerous. the main relay is designed to switch off if the
motor is inactive for more than 2 seconds. the way you have it now, you
crash, you flame, you continue pumping high pressure gas into your by
now toasty little engine compartment. how quickly are you going to drag
yourself out of that flaming wreck? what about passengers? fix or
replace the main relay.