Power windows stopped working

Owens

Jun 26, 2001, 8:14:58 PM6/26/01
I was changing my dome light the other day and I think I shorted something.
My power windows and both my front and rear dome lights don't work anymore.
Also, when I start the car "4WD" and "4WD LOW" flashes six times every few
minutes. I checked, rechecked, and switched fuses to no avail. What the
hell have I done?!! Anybody have a clue what the problem is?
Thanks --- Tom

Owens

Jun 26, 2001, 8:19:07 PM6/26/01
Yesterday, when trying to change my dome lights I think I shorted something
in my car. My dome lights, both front and back, and my power windows don't
work anymore. Also, "4WD" and "4WD LOW" flashes in my panel every few
minutes after starting my Explorer. I checked, rechecked, and switched all
my fuses to no avail. Anybody have a clue what I did?
Thanks --- Tom

I_am_Ned

Jun 26, 2001, 11:56:38 PM6/26/01
Prolly a problem under recall by ford. It is interesting how everybody
focuses on the tire recall that but they don't focus on the numerous recalls
that ford has had on the exploder.

Actually, it isn't funny, it is pathetic. The stupidity of the american
public is really fascinating to me.

I am I_am_Ned

blah

Jun 27, 2001, 9:45:26 AM6/27/01

"I_am_Ned" <I_am_Ne...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Prolly a problem under recall by ford. It is interesting how everybody
> focuses on the tire recall that but they don't focus on the numerous
recalls
> that ford has had on the exploder.
>
> Actually, it isn't funny, it is pathetic. The stupidity of the american
> public is really fascinating to me.
>
> I am I_am_Ned

Actually, its pathetic you have the time to sit in here and ridicule every
post.

Get a life

tedk

Jun 27, 2001, 3:50:44 PM6/27/01
Tom,

Sounds like you blew out a relay. I posted a note about this last
week. What year is your Ex? Let me know, and I'll send you the part
number for the suspected relay.

Also, look under my name (tedk) in rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,
using Google. Check out the article on "95 explorer window lock up"
that I replied to. The guy "Ron" I replied to, fixed his by changing
the relay I recomended. You might ask him where it is located on
truck (under hood, under dash, etc)

Let me know your year.

Ted

Shorted

Jun 27, 2001, 10:39:10 AM6/27/01
Do you have the illuminated entry feature? If you do, then
the dome lights are controlled by the computer. So are the
other things you mentioned. I, therefore, wonder if the
one thing which could have failed and cause all of your
problems, is the computer. :(

ExploreMe

Jun 27, 2001, 10:41:31 AM6/27/01
Ned,

You caught my interest...

Could you please list the "numerous recalls" for my 2000
Explorer? If true, I might have missed some.

I_am_Ned wrote:

> ... but they don't focus on the numerous recalls

Just Me!

Jun 27, 2001, 5:11:03 PM6/27/01
Hey Ned

You sound like a very disgruntled individual and have some definite
concerns.....I have to wonder if you are so displeased with Ford and the
Firestone tire business at hand then why the hell do you keep your eyes
glued to this newsgroup for Ford Explorers?

tedk

Jun 28, 2001, 8:09:24 AM6/28/01
Ron,

HERE IS THE MESSAGE I SENT AND THE REPLY TO IT. IT LISTS THE RELAY HERE!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Ted, I just wanted to thank you again for your help. I ended up changing
the referenced relay, and guess what!? The problem was no more. This is
after Ford in their brilliance said "we can always run a diagnostic on it".
The fact that this same relay caused the 4 wheel high/low lights to go off
is still a mystery. I wonder if it will be tied to problems that I have had
having the 4 wheel engage, or disengage. We will see, and I will post the
results to the newsgroup. Again, Thanks. Ron.